After September 23rd.........what now?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Red
captain of 100

Re: After September 23rd.........what now?

Post by Red »

alaris wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:00 pm
JustDan wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 4:56 pm
alaris wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 10:30 pm There is exactly 40 days between the eclipse on 8/21 and Yom Kippur next Saturday. The Lord gave Nineveh 40 days to repent through Jonah.
Sounds like just the explanation of those who are always moving the goal posts.

What happens after next Saturday? You know, after nothing happens...

It's fairly simple. If anyone predicts a date, they are wrong. Every time. Do we really think God just put everything important on a calendar correlated with coded intervals. X weeks. X days. Then BOOM! Dang it, those sons and daughters of mine worked it all out.. should have made it less predictable?
alaris wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 10:30 pm The NFL is too proud to salute the nation founded by God
Nation founded by God? Ah yes. Mexico? Israel?

You mean America? Right, okay. I do hear that a lot. By Mormons and non-Mormons. Generally, just Americans though. Why would the NFL protest during the Anthem be an indication of the end? That just seems a massive jump in conclusions.
...and there they go.
Lol lol lol, sorry, I didn't mean to draw them out. I have never felt sorry for being excited about the possibility of witnessing a sign and then subsequently finding out it wasn't (or was it? πŸ€”) a sign.

JustDan
captain of 100

Post by JustDan »

Spaced_Out wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:25 pm

The USA is a chosen land from the beginning and if the inhabitants don't server God they are swept off - it is a protest for unity and Christianity.
A house divided can't stand. USA going down big time.....
USA has been going down for years.. is this NFL protest really that significant given all that has gone on before?

Every land is a chosen land. Israel far more chosen than USA.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Well spaced out was quoting 2 Nephi Chapter 1 directly. Can you really argue with the scriptures? Go ahead and take a look at 2 Nephi Chapter 1, the first half of that chapter.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Red wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:31 pm
alaris wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:00 pm
alaris wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 10:30 pm There is exactly 40 days between the eclipse on 8/21 and Yom Kippur next Saturday. The Lord gave Nineveh 40 days to repent through Jonah.

It's fairly simple. If anyone predicts a date, they are wrong. Every time. Do we really think God just put everything important on a calendar correlated with coded intervals. X weeks. X days. Then BOOM! Dang it, those sons and daughters of mine worked it all out.. should have made it less predictable?
alaris wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 10:30 pm The NFL is too proud to salute the nation founded by God

You mean America? Right, okay. I do hear that a lot. By Mormons and non-Mormons. Generally, just Americans though. Why would the NFL protest during the Anthem be an indication of the end? That just seems a massive jump in conclusions.
...and there they go.
Lol lol lol, sorry, I didn't mean to draw them out. I have never felt sorry for being excited about the possibility of witnessing a sign and then subsequently finding out it wasn't (or was it? πŸ€”) a sign.
Lol I don't know why your smiley shows up as ginormous in chrome.

I totally hear you. I was hoping there would be some parallel happenings to underscore the sign not that the calamities that came after 8/21 did a lot of silencing. However I still very much believe 9/23 was a marker of the beginning of the gathering of Israel - article of faith 10 style - and a marker of the servant who has been foreordained to such. Time will tell for sure. Since there were no heavenly voices that I am aware of, the best we can do is keep looking and keep weathering those who are full of scorn and venom. :)

JustDan
captain of 100

Post by JustDan »

gardener4life wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:33 pm Well spaced out was quoting 2 Nephi Chapter 1 directly. Can you really argue with the scriptures? Go ahead and take a look at 2 Nephi Chapter 1, the first half of that chapter.
it became a choice land above all other lands
So, firstly it evidently wasn't all that chosen from the beginning. It became a choice land.

And for who? A choice land above all other lands for all people? Doubt that. Choice land for the Nephites, yes. Choice land for the Japanese? Not likely. I recall Moses went to the "promised land". Was that in the US?

Yes, it is a very American thing to think that America is more special than the rest, but come back to reality for a moment. There are other lands just as special.

Straying off topic I know, and pointless to debate the issue here, but I responded initially because of the idea I read here that somehow people "dissing" the great American national anthem was seen to be cause for the end of the world. Funny that it is only from Americans that I have heard this idea that America (land, anthem, or anything at all related) is 'sacred'.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

JustDan wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 6:08 pm
gardener4life wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 5:33 pm Well spaced out was quoting 2 Nephi Chapter 1 directly. Can you really argue with the scriptures? Go ahead and take a look at 2 Nephi Chapter 1, the first half of that chapter.
it became a choice land above all other lands
So, firstly it evidently wasn't all that chosen from the beginning. It became a choice land.

And for who? A choice land above all other lands for all people? Doubt that. Choice land for the Nephites, yes. Choice land for the Japanese? Not likely. I recall Moses went to the "promised land". Was that in the US?

Yes, it is a very American thing to think that America is more special than the rest, but come back to reality for a moment. There are other lands just as special.

Straying off topic I know, and pointless to debate the issue here, but I responded initially because of the idea I read here that somehow people "dissing" the great American national anthem was seen to be cause for the end of the world. Funny that it is only from Americans that I have heard this idea that America (land, anthem, or anything at all related) is 'sacred'.
Simply not true it is different to other lands.
It is the US constitution that the word of the Lord comes from the Jews and the law from Zion (America) it is the law by which the world will be judged. It is the start of the prophesied civil war in the US.

β€œFor behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands, wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God….” (See Ether 2:12, 10.)

America, a Choice Land, by Ezra Taft Benson https://www.latterdayconservative.com/e ... oice-land/
I thank God for freedom–the right of choice. I am grateful for this great nation in which we meet. Every true Latter-day Saint throughout the world loves the USA. The Constitution of this land is part of every Latter-day Saint’s religious faith.
To us, this is not just another nation not just a member of the family of nations. This is a great and glorious nation with a divine mission and a prophetic history and future. It has been brought into being under the inspiration of heaven.
It is our firm belief, as Latter-day Saints, that the Constitution of this land was established by men whom the God of heaven raised up unto that very purpose. It is our conviction also that the God of heaven guided the founding fathers in establishing it for his particular purpose.
Angry NFL Fans Lash Out, Burn Jerseys Over Protests: "You Can Take Your NFL And Shove It"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-25/anthem-protest

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The disasters continue to escalate.

50,000 Evacuated From Bali As Nation Faces Imminent Volcanic Eruption
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-2 ... c-eruption

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Red wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 4:29 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 3:06 pm
alaris wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 1:04 pm
AI2.0 wrote: ↑September 25th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Some posters on this forum have been claiming it's the beginning of seven years of prosperity. I suppose they could be hedging their bets, in case they are wrong, they can say they supported the opposite.
Cause I'm pretty sure that we will have some years of prosperity or some years of hardship...
I could be wrong, but I think BeNotDeceived is the only one who believes there will be seven years of prosperity. IIRC there are several who believe 7 years of tribulation are starting. Though BeNotDeceived could be right, it seems the USA at the very least is ripe for some cleansing imho. I need to study out the timeline personally. :)
I don't know how we could have prosperity with 20 Trillion in debt and just about every asset class in a huge bubble. Not to mention the wicked state of the people. I also read that white (gentile) christians now account for under 50% of the population. It is now just 43% and falling. When Jesus is no longer the God of this land to the gentiles we will lose our protected status. The BOM is clear on this.
Oh what's a few trillion more when you're up to 20 already ;)

I can't see how the middle class can continue to shoulder the massive tax burden without flat collapsing. I can't see how prosperity is possible given the relatively sane laws of economics. How we've lasted this long is beyond me, particularly for the self-employed middle class.

What in the world do they do with all that tax money, all that revenue from student loans ($66B PROFIT in six years), all those fees... and still have trillions in deficit is beyond me.
All the taxes go to pay the interest on the debt. So if you don't deficit spend there is no growth. It is a debt cycle now. Congress will never balance the budget because without deficit spending the whole system collapses. We are doomed!

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Why is it always in the last place you looked, or the last goal post that was set???

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

There is a astroid TC4 to come within 4200 mile of the Earth on Oct 12. Don't know if it will mean anything, but it could be a casting away of sorts.
Last edited by Love on September 28th, 2017, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

nodrog wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 9:43 pm 23rd supposed to signal beginning of 7 years of tribulation. Really not anything too noticeable at first, I would imagine. This period of tribulation showcases lots of impressive last days stuff, including the 144k missionaries.
Some posters on this forum have been claiming it's the beginning of seven years of prosperity. I suppose they could be hedging their bets, in case they are wrong, they can say they supported the opposite.
Cause I'm pretty sure that we will have some years of prosperity or some years of hardship...
I could be wrong, but I think BeNotDeceived is the only one who believes there will be seven years of prosperity. IIRC there are several who believe 7 years of tribulation are starting. Though BeNotDeceived could be right, it seems the USA at the very least is ripe for some cleansing imho. I need to study out the timeline personally. :)
I believe we are in 7 years of prosperity as well due to demographics among other things.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nodrog wrote: ↑September 24th, 2017, 9:43 pm 23rd supposed to signal beginning of 7 years of tribulation. Really not anything too noticeable at first, I would imagine. This period of tribulation showcases lots of impressive last days stuff, including the 144k missionaries.
7 bad years, preceded by 7 good years is a biblical pattern. President Hinkley, created quite a stir when he mentioned 7 years of prosperity. He specified that he wasn't prophesying, but did call attention to the pattern.

7 years was also identified as the actual time that a US president acts as a puppet master, working the financial strings of our economy. The experiment formulated to test such a theory, was well underway, before the striking dates of the eclipses was considered, but did match closely with key concepts of said experiment.

BEA just released the third estimate of 3.1% GDP growth for Q2.

GDPnow has slipped Q3 forecast to 2.1%, which is below 2.5% minimum to meet 3% nominal growth. The forecast numbers especially are volatile. On the date of the first eclipse the forecast for Q3 was well above 3%, leading to a reasonable conclusion that 2 consecutive quarters would meet my definition of prosperity.

The first eclipse occurred before the hurricanes appeared on the scene, altering the forecast. It was interesting how Irma was forecast, while the damages from Harvey were being estimated, similar to the state of our understanding of GDP for Q2 & Q3, at the time.

Every quarters GDP may not meet 3% nominal GDP growth, but really each years GDP growth is what should be considered as we're testing for 7 years of prosperity, not 28 quarters. The definitions chosen were merely best estimations, and exact adherence is not expected.

While we may live a prosperous lifestyle reflected by growing GDP, the cancerous national debt and other factors loom in the background, that likely will come to the fore during a period of political tensions, which again aligns with the known date of the second eclipse, in 2024.

GDPnow just flashed 2.3%. 7 years prosperity does indeed seem likely to have begun, despite what may in hindsight become a slight aberration.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

BeNotDeceived wrote: ↑September 29th, 2017, 8:40 am
The first eclipse occurred before the hurricanes appeared on the scene, altering the forecast. It was interesting how Irma was forecast, while the damages from Harvey were being estimated, similar to the state of our understanding of GDP for Q2 & Q3, at the time.
You do realize that eclipses happen in different places around the world on a fairly regular basis, right? What makes this last one any more special?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

RocknRoll wrote: ↑September 29th, 2017, 1:14 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: ↑September 29th, 2017, 8:40 am
You do realize that eclipses happen in different places around the world on a fairly regular basis, right? What makes this last one any more special?
It being a full eclipse, its path, and its pairing with another one 7 years later.

The dates aren't an exact 7 year interval, rather they mark when 7 years prosperity, may be known to have begun, and expected to end. Prosperity like recession, may only be known to exist after some time has passed, as drescibed here.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Oh no you don't. You are missing 2015, 2016, passed with no doom. Sep 23 has been on conspiracy radar for several years. 2017 is only the latest inaccurate translation.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

What the hurricanes, earthquakes and now fires aren't enough for ya all? The fires in Sonoma Valley right now are destroying dairies, crops, tomatoes, squash etc.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

OCDMOM wrote: ↑October 9th, 2017, 8:45 pm What the hurricanes, earthquakes and now fires aren't enough for ya all? The fires in Sonoma Valley right now are destroying dairies, crops, tomatoes, squash etc.
WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE SQUASH!!!

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

gangbusters wrote: ↑October 9th, 2017, 9:07 pm
OCDMOM wrote: ↑October 9th, 2017, 8:45 pm What the hurricanes, earthquakes and now fires aren't enough for ya all? The fires in Sonoma Valley right now are destroying dairies, crops, tomatoes, squash etc.
WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE SQUASH!!
Ha! So funny, not really. The point is with all the crops destroyed in fires and Hurricanes prices will go up.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Love wrote: ↑September 28th, 2017, 8:44 am There is a astroid TC4 to come within 4200 mile of the Earth on Oct 12. Don't know if it will mean anything, but it could be a casting away of sorts.
That's tomorrow, and this is the first I've heard of it. Any updates?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑October 11th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Love wrote: ↑September 28th, 2017, 8:44 am There is a astroid TC4 to come within 4200 mile of the Earth on Oct 12. Don't know if it will mean anything, but it could be a casting away of sorts.
I haven't watched this, but I flagged it for later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o452ZJCIe7c

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑October 11th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Here's an update: it's not true. The most recent estimate I saw was a close approach 26,000 miles away. A year or so ago a computer model predicted an closest approach possibility of 4,200 miles, but that was the very edge of the probability region and not a prediction of exactly where the rock would pass. Of course, as soon as that prediction was published fear mongers and conspiracy theorists started pretending that was the greatest possible distance for an asteroid that was almost certain to strike.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

The events happening around the world are indeed signs of the coming of the Son of Man, but not a sigh of 9/23. 9/23 is false.
The next few years will have famine and destruction as we enter into the grand solar minimum. This year alone we've lost about 70% of the USAs wheat crops to summer frost, and grapes aren't looking good either. The minimum is said to peak in 2021 according to several space agencies around the world. Winter is coming.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 1:07 pm The events happening around the world are indeed signs of the coming of the Son of Man, but not a sigh of 9/23. 9/23 is false.
The next few years will have famine and destruction as we enter into the grand solar minimum. This year alone we've lost about 70% of the USAs wheat crops to summer frost, and grapes aren't looking good either. The minimum is said to peak in 2021 according to several space agencies around the world. Winter is coming.
Whew thanks Hivetyrant. I almost believed 9/23 was a marker that the judgements against the gentiles were ramping up while God prepared to gather Israel ... and ... wait.... famine? destruction? Judgements on the USA? Aren't these all the same things?

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

alaris wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hivetyrant36 wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 1:07 pm The events happening around the world are indeed signs of the coming of the Son of Man, but not a sigh of 9/23. 9/23 is false.
Whew thanks Hivetyrant. I almost believed 9/23 was a marker that the judgements against the gentiles were ramping up while God prepared to gather Israel ... and ... wait.... famine? destruction? Judgements on the USA? Aren't these all the same things?
See I knew you would be hard in your heart. So easy to read.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 1:43 pm
alaris wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 1:37 pm
See I knew you would be hard in your heart. So easy to read.
Sure hivetyrant36. I considered 9/23 with an hard heart and a closed mind as I studied and prayed about it. After I received several witnesses, I decided to come here and stand up for what I believe with hardness of heart.