LDS Astonomer's take on Sept. 23, 2017 celestial phenomenon

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDS Astonomer's take on Sept. 23, 2017 celestial phenomenon

Post by EmmaLee »

Interesting...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:34 pm
dafty wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:14 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 1:44 pm Why would faithful LDS members care what a Snuffer disciple says about anything in relation to gospel topics? To each their own, but .... Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. John Pratt is not only a follower of Denver Snuffer, he also preached at Snuffer's conference in Boise the other week - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... /index.php

Pratt's talk at Snuffer's "general conference" - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... att%29.pdf
let the truth come from where it may...pratt wrote his article 2 years after I was fully aware of it and almost 6 after the original discoverer thereof...his article aligned well with what others found and he added a little lds perspective...regardless whether he's snuffin at the mo or whatever...his article just adds another witness and by no means is the foundation of the whole thing...just my thoughts
By the way, dafty, do you know who the original discoverer of this is? Do you have a name?
I have always followed scott clarke(eternalrythmflow on youtube) who claims it, due to the fact that his youtube presentations are far more superior to william tapley(i believe) who is recognised by wikipedia for that first discovery. Now, bear in mind the former is an evangelical preacher(rapture and that) and latter a catholic...let the truth come from where it may, indeed lol

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

may I add, I had a very personal witness of these things, regardless of what other members of 9/23 brotherhood lol have found out...and found intheshadowofhishand.wordpress.com blogspot very insightful as well...but recently im a fan of Alaris and LDSanarchist a bit...does it make me a...? lol

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

dafty wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 3:29 pm may I add, I had a very personal witness of these things, regardless of what other members of 9/23 brotherhood lol have found out...and found intheshadowofhishand.wordpress.com blogspot very insightful as well...but recently im a fan of Alaris and LDSanarchist a bit...does it make me a...? lol
What is your personal witness? That something will happen on 9/23?

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

GrandMasterB wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 3:35 pm
dafty wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 3:29 pm may I add, I had a very personal witness of these things, regardless of what other members of 9/23 brotherhood lol have found out...and found intheshadowofhishand.wordpress.com blogspot very insightful as well...but recently im a fan of Alaris and LDSanarchist a bit...does it make me a...? lol
What is your personal witness? That something will happen on 9/23?
oh no sorry, just saying, that I had personal witness of the things that now are preached and expounded upon by various people and just confirm my personal experience/belief/whatever u wanna call it. never had a patience/talent to write, so never bothered...then suddenly, these things get preached worldwide.I guess it could be a coincidence I admit, but then again?
Last edited by dafty on September 22nd, 2017, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

The 9/23 brotherhood! :twisted:

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 3:45 pm
The 9/23 brotherhood! :twisted:
well thats what I was called by somebody in some other thread lol😂

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:33 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 1:44 pm Why would faithful LDS members care what a Snuffer disciple says about anything in relation to gospel topics? To each their own, but .... Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. John Pratt is not only a follower of Denver Snuffer, he also preached at Snuffer's conference in Boise the other week - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... /index.php

Pratt's talk at Snuffer's "general conference" - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... att%29.pdf
As a faithful latterday saint, I will read books written by those who are not LDS and this topic, is general--not exclusive to LDS and requires the knowledge that an Astronomer would have. John Pratt is an expert whose articles I've read for many years and as far as I know he's LDS. He's been published in Meridian Magazine many times.

I know that he spoke at their meeting in Idaho and I'm curious if he's joined Snuffer's group or if he was invited as a presenter. He was very critical of their decision to remove some of the sections in the D&C. I also know from what I've read that he agrees with Snuffer on polygamy, but he's not alone--other LDS don't believe Joseph practiced polygamy, even though the church admits it. I have not listened to his talk to know if he makes it clear he's a follower.

That said, whether or not he's a snuffer follower, IMO, doesn't negate the information he's shared in this essay, but to each his own.
John Pratt verified that he is a Snuffer follower from his own mouth when he was preaching at Snuffer's "general conference" - lot of clear evidence to make a judgement from in just this one talk alone (although many of the "remnant" people talk openly and freely about one of their prize converts, John Pratt, so I thought the fact that he is a Snuffer disciple was well known - guess not, at least not on LDSFF).

Quotes from John P. Pratt, given at Denver Snuffer's "covenant conference" - 2 September 2017 - "It's a pleasure to be here. My talk was somewhat misnamed, having been called so- "What is today? The translation of the name Harim is "Consecrated". This is the day for consecrating yourself to God. It’s our day, if we do it. It’s not just today where we voted on scriptures, it’s tomorrow when we accept the covenant – it’s all the same day on the Priest Calendar. I said today is holy on 3 calendars."

And - "Now comes a part which I believe is an astronomical testimony of David the Servant..... David the Servant stood up in one of his lectures which I attended and said something like, “By the way, Aquarius is supposed to have two streams - one is of blessings and the other is of cursings and we’ve lost the stream of cursings.”

And - "Remember David the Servant said something like, "It’s important to know when the Age of Aquarius started."

And - "David tells us, including me, that one of the streams was lost and I’m shown how to find it. When you find out where it was, you find exactly when the age of Aquarius began. To me that is a testimony that David the Servant had a good source for his claim that the stream of cursings of Aquarius had been lost."

And - "It represents the beginning of the kingdom of God. This one here [points to the bright star at the heart of the infant] is what represents the heart of the Kingdom of God. I looked through history. I expected this star to be associated with Jesus, maybe the day he goes to the temple. I’ve never found it on any important date in history. As I was preparing this, it hit me: This is not about the birth of Jesus; this is the birth of the Kingdom of God. This star may never have been on an important day before. I don’t know. It’s on today. This is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. (Applause.) We’re seeing things fulfilled that have never been done in history. The Virgo sign that we talked about at the first with the birth of Jupiter, there’s nothing like that in history before. That’s a prophecy in the Book of Revelation and it really looks like it is going to be fulfilled on the 23rd. And this is being fulfilled today."

And from a Q&A after Pratt's conference talk at Snuffer's conference - "Q8. Of the 4 cornerstone stars. I think you identified the 4th as Joseph Smith. As I recall Denver identified it as Uriel. Could you comment on that?
A8. The Book of Enoch lists 4 angels who, of the seven, often work as a team. Such lists contain different angel names. The most common places Uriel with the main three. What David the Servant may be quoting is one of the times in the Book of Enoch they are listed that way."

From just this, we can easily tell that Pratt considered that Snuffer conference a day to consecrate themselves to God - and that HE voted on Snuffer's scriptures, and that HE would accept Snuffer's covenant (his use of the words "our" and "we" clearly shows that he included himself in all of these votes and covenants). Then he referred to THAT day as a "holy" day. Breaking his actual covenants with God, and making covenants with Denver Snuffer, Pratt considers that to be "holy".

Then Pratt refers to Denver Snuffer as "David the Servant" (and continues to throughout the rest of his conference talk) - and tells about attending Snuffer's lectures, etc. constantly naming Snuffer, "David the Servant", and saying David the Servant has "good sources" where he gets his information, which, of course, all the Remnant, ex-LDS people (and those still pretending to be LDS to their families and wards, but inwardly hating the Church and its leaders/members) believe wholeheartedly.

Then Pratt talks about how "this/today", meaning the Snuffer conference, was the "beginning of the Kingdom of God" - hardly something a faithful LDS person would think or say. It doesn't take a great deal of discernment to know where Pratt's testimony is now and who his Prophet is - where his allegiance is, who it is with, as he makes it very plain and clear. But as you say, to each his own.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 4:04 pm

As a faithful latterday saint, I will read books written by those who are not LDS and this topic, is general--not exclusive to LDS and requires the knowledge that an Astronomer would have. John Pratt is an expert whose articles I've read for many years and as far as I know he's LDS. He's been published in Meridian Magazine many times.

I know that he spoke at their meeting in Idaho and I'm curious if he's joined Snuffer's group or if he was invited as a presenter. He was very critical of their decision to remove some of the sections in the D&C. I also know from what I've read that he agrees with Snuffer on polygamy, but he's not alone--other LDS don't believe Joseph practiced polygamy, even though the church admits it. I have not listened to his talk to know if he makes it clear he's a follower.

That said, whether or not he's a snuffer follower, IMO, doesn't negate the information he's shared in this essay, but to each his own.
John Pratt verified that he is a Snuffer follower from his own mouth when he was preaching at Snuffer's "general conference" - lot of clear evidence to make a judgement from in just this one talk alone (although many of the "remnant" people talk openly and freely about one of their prize converts, John Pratt, so I thought the fact that he is a Snuffer disciple was well known - guess not, at least not on LDSFF).

Quotes from John P. Pratt, given at Denver Snuffer's "covenant conference" - 2 September 2017 - "It's a pleasure to be here. My talk was somewhat misnamed, having been called so- "What is today? The translation of the name Harim is "Consecrated". This is the day for consecrating yourself to God. It’s our day, if we do it. It’s not just today where we voted on scriptures, it’s tomorrow when we accept the covenant – it’s all the same day on the Priest Calendar. I said today is holy on 3 calendars."

And - "Now comes a part which I believe is an astronomical testimony of David the Servant..... David the Servant stood up in one of his lectures which I attended and said something like, “By the way, Aquarius is supposed to have two streams - one is of blessings and the other is of cursings and we’ve lost the stream of cursings.”

And - "Remember David the Servant said something like, "It’s important to know when the Age of Aquarius started."

And - "David tells us, including me, that one of the streams was lost and I’m shown how to find it. When you find out where it was, you find exactly when the age of Aquarius began. To me that is a testimony that David the Servant had a good source for his claim that the stream of cursings of Aquarius had been lost."

And - "It represents the beginning of the kingdom of God. This one here [points to the bright star at the heart of the infant] is what represents the heart of the Kingdom of God. I looked through history. I expected this star to be associated with Jesus, maybe the day he goes to the temple. I’ve never found it on any important date in history. As I was preparing this, it hit me: This is not about the birth of Jesus; this is the birth of the Kingdom of God. This star may never have been on an important day before. I don’t know. It’s on today. This is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. (Applause.) We’re seeing things fulfilled that have never been done in history. The Virgo sign that we talked about at the first with the birth of Jupiter, there’s nothing like that in history before. That’s a prophecy in the Book of Revelation and it really looks like it is going to be fulfilled on the 23rd. And this is being fulfilled today."

And from a Q&A after Pratt's conference talk at Snuffer's conference - "Q8. Of the 4 cornerstone stars. I think you identified the 4th as Joseph Smith. As I recall Denver identified it as Uriel. Could you comment on that?
A8. The Book of Enoch lists 4 angels who, of the seven, often work as a team. Such lists contain different angel names. The most common places Uriel with the main three. What David the Servant may be quoting is one of the times in the Book of Enoch they are listed that way."

From just this, we can easily tell that Pratt considered that Snuffer conference a day to consecrate themselves to God - and that HE voted on Snuffer's scriptures, and that HE would accept Snuffer's covenant (his use of the words "our" and "we" clearly shows that he included himself in all of these votes and covenants). Then he referred to THAT day as a "holy" day. Breaking his actual covenants with God, and making covenants with Denver Snuffer, Pratt considers that to be "holy".

Then Pratt refers to Denver Snuffer as "David the Servant" (and continues to throughout the rest of his conference talk) - and tells about attending Snuffer's lectures, etc. constantly naming Snuffer, "David the Servant", and saying David the Servant has "good sources" where he gets his information, which, of course, all the Remnant, ex-LDS people (and those still pretending to be LDS to their families and wards, but inwardly hating the Church and its leaders/members) believe wholeheartedly.

Then Pratt talks about how "this/today", meaning the Snuffer conference, was the "beginning of the Kingdom of God" - hardly something a faithful LDS person would think or say. It doesn't take a great deal of discernment to know where Pratt's testimony is now and who his Prophet is - where his allegiance is, who it is with, as he makes it very plain and clear. But as you say, to each his own.
Thanks Emmalee for listening to the talk and sharing that information. I did see that he was a presenter back in August, but did not have time to listen. I did do a little searching to see if I could find out his status, but found nothing. I'd say you are right, he's a Snuffer follower and that's sad. I suspect he won't be published in Meridian Magazine anymore and he'll probably be excommunicated if he's been rebaptized. So sad.

That said, this essay on the constellation is still valid, IMO.

I think he is correct that this phenomenon tomorrow does have some kind of significance because it falls on the feast of trumpets and it probably is meant to be a 'sign' in the heavens which heralds an event of importance to our heavenly father. That's all I think it means--just as it seemed to herald Jesus Christ's birth when it appeared in 2 BC (by his calculations, Jesus was born the next spring, April 6th, in 1 BC) and then in 1832, which heralded the 'birth' of the political Kingdom of God in 1833. I don't think his involvement with Snufferism taints his findings on this particular event. But, thanks for letting me know about him, because I'll want to keep it in mind in the future, it's not hard to see the influence of Snuffer teachings in how one views things and it will be good to keep this in mind when I come across his future writings.

I'm also especially surprised that he would accept the covenant and basically put his stamp of approval on the scripture committee's wreckless removal of sections of scripture that John Pratt testified were true and definitely given through revelation. I'm really shocked at that. I wonder what made him change his mind.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Here's a bio of him, and I thought he'd also written for the Ensign and I was right, he has.
John P. Pratt writes a monthly column for Meridian Magazine giving one LDS perspective on current science. He has a Ph.D. in astronomy and specializes in religious chronology and ancient calendars. He has authored several articles in the Ensign and professional journals, on his website at www.johnpratt.com, or in a bound volume which is now available. His lovely wife Ruth has written books on family history. They are the parents of five wonderful children.
I found this description of him from another forum, it's from 2009.
Newbie: Without form, and void
jmackley
4 posts
Posted November 24, 2009
John P Pratt is well respected author who has been published in the Ensign and Meridian Magazine. He has some great insights on gospel dating and chronology thanks to his interest and professional background in astronomy*.

This has led him to to some scriptural insights. For example, he has interesting information on the identity of the "seven angels" in the Doctrine & Covenants 88:92-107, which he identifies as follows:

Uriel/Peter = 1st Trump: First fruits of Christ are resurrected (Celestial resurrection)
Raguel/Moses = 2nd Trump: Resurrection of those redeemed from spirit prison (Terrestrial resurrection)
Sariel/Abel = 3rd Trump: Those of Telestial kingdom judged but not yet resurrected
Raphael/Enoch = 4th Trump: Sons of perdition judged but not yet resurrected
Phanuel/Joseph Smith = 5th Trump: Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess
Gabriel/Noah = 6th Trump: Declaration that the evil in the world is defeated
Michael/Adam = 7th Trump: Saints are crowned in glory with Christ
His website contains a large collection of his scholarly articles - a very good study and research resource. He also has published a book which I have read - and highly recommend. Fortunately the majority of his articles can be found online at johnpratt.com and/or meridian magazine.

- Jay Mackley

theholyscriptures.info

*John P Pratt has a Ph.D. degree in astronomy and is a senior scientific analyst with the Eyring Research Institute.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 4:45 pm

Thanks Emmalee for listening to the talk and sharing that information. I did see that he was a presenter back in August, but did not have time to listen. I did do a little searching to see if I could find out his status, but found nothing. I'd say you are right, he's a Snuffer follower and that's sad. I suspect he won't be published in Meridian Magazine anymore and he'll probably be excommunicated if he's been rebaptized. So sad.

I think he is correct that this phenomenon tomorrow does have some kind of significance because it falls on the feast of trumpets and it probably is meant to be a 'sign' in the heavens which heralds an event of importance to our heavenly father. That's all I think it means--just as it seemed to herald Jesus Christ's birth when it appeared in 2 BC (by his calculations, Jesus was born the next spring, April 6th, in 1 BC) and then in 1832, which heralded the 'birth' of the political Kingdom of God in 1833. I don't think his involvement with Snufferism taints his findings on this particular event. But, thanks for letting me know about him, because I'll want to keep it in mind in the future, it's not hard to see the influence of Snuffer teachings in how one views things and it will be good to keep this in mind when I come across his future writings.

I'm also especially surprised that he would accept the covenant and basically put his stamp of approval on the scripture committee's wreckless removal of sections of scripture that John Pratt testified were true and definitely given through revelation. I'm really shocked at that. I wonder what made him change his mind.

I totally agree with you. The fact that he is correct in his article. Nothing will haopen, but something could be announced the Young Women’s General Conference.

I mean, it’s crazy how lots of Christians (who aren’t Mormon) believe in the rapture and we know the truth (no rapture). We know what this symbolizes and what could really happen.

Any Mormon who believes in this sign is part of the .000000000001% of people who live on this Earth that know the truth and divinity of this sign.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

AI2.0 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 10:27 am
kittycat51 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 9:57 am I am reminded of the scripture Luke 2:19 "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."

I think that for me it just means, being aware of "September 23" and see where it takes us. Watching all of the other signs of the times i.e. natural disasters which are just popping like crazy right now is important to take note. Does it mean something huge imminent soon? I don't know, but it sure is just more drops in the bucket heading towards the big finale....whenever that may be. There are just so many things happening right now, and especially timing wise (feast of the trumpets starting this week) to be coincidental. I don't believe in coincidences.

I was going to post this article tomorrow but maybe I'll get a jump on it. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/01/the- ... s?lang=eng It is from the Ensign January 2000. It is called "The Golden Plates and the feast of the Trumpets." Very fascinating and something I was not aware of. Pay attention to #4. In it it states:
"This article will focus on the Feast of Trumpets. It is important to note that on 22 September 1827, the very day Israel celebrated the Feast of Trumpets, 5 Moroni gave the golden plates to the Prophet Joseph Smith. Since this feast was ripe with meaning for the theme of the regathering of Israel, it is unlikely this timing was accidental. Indeed, young Joseph was asked to meet Moroni for four years in preparation for that significant day in 1827.

Latter-day Saints can find it especially instructive to study some of the meanings Jewish scholars have attributed to the Feast of Trumpets. It signifies (1) the beginning of Israel’s final harvest, (2) the day God had set to remember His ancient promises to regather Israel, (3) a time for new revelation that would lead to a new covenant with Israel, and (4) a time to prepare for the Millennium."
Perhaps indeed the timing of September 23 this year is the start in motion of more intense things to come. I have been reading several posted articles from an Israel newspaper and they are heavily talking about September 23rd as well and the possible huge implications.

Those who watch and prepare will be able to discern the signs of the times. ;)

Thanks for sharing that article; from the article:
Latter-day Saints can find it especially instructive to study some of the meanings Jewish scholars have attributed to the Feast of Trumpets. It signifies (1) the beginning of Israel’s final harvest, (2) the day God had set to remember His ancient promises to regather Israel, (3) a time for new revelation that would lead to a new covenant with Israel, and (4) a time to prepare for the Millennium.
And then this from John Pratt's article:
There is another point in favor of this date. Previous articles by others about this 2017 date have pointed out that according to the traditional Hebrew Calendar that the day Sat 23 Sep 2017 is the day 3 Tishri, rather than 1 Tishri the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah). If that were all we knew, to me that could disqualify the date because the whole idea of the sign is about trumpeting the importance of an event coming during that following year. In all of my work, sacred events happen on the exact day on which they are meaningful.

Early in my work it became clear that there are problems with the traditional Hebrew calendar. Sometimes it is one or two days off and sometimes an entire month off. Thus it was necessary to correct it with what is called the Perpetual Hebrew Calendar. That seems to be a calendar which God is using. On that calendar, the day Sat 23 Sep 2017 is indeed the Feast of Trumpets!

So, he's saying that it will happen on the day of the Feast of Trumpets.
No, he thinks that the signs visible today (Feast of Trumpets/September 23) are heralding an event that will possibly take place on Passover 2018.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

I am reminded of the scripture Luke 2:19 "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."

I think that for me it just means, being aware of "September 23" and see where it takes us. Watching all of the other signs of the times i.e. natural disasters which are just popping like crazy right now is important to take note. Does it mean something huge imminent soon? I don't know, but it sure is just more drops in the bucket heading towards the big finale....whenever that may be. There are just so many things happening right now, and especially timing wise (feast of the trumpets starting this week) to be coincidental. I don't believe in coincidences.

I was going to post this article tomorrow but maybe I'll get a jump on it. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/01/the- ... s?lang=eng It is from the Ensign January 2000. It is called "The Golden Plates and the feast of the Trumpets." Very fascinating and something I was not aware of. Pay attention to #4. In it it states:
Isn't neat the Church announced that they acquired the printers copy of The Book of Mormon yesterday to go along with this date.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Nobody knows what will happen on the Feast of Trumpets in any particular year but God has commanded that we remember it and observe it.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

alaris wrote: September 21st, 2017, 9:22 am I'm pretty sure I linked it somewhere but I don't expect everyone to read all my posts. 0:-]
Yeah I was pretty sure I'd read it bc Pratt was familiar.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Elizabeth wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:03 am It is now Saturday the 23 September, 2017 here on the East Coast of Australia.
Hello! Everyone knows it only matters if it's the 23rd in America! Duh!

(Just a joke to poke fun at us Americans, no harm meant).

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Red wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:23 pm
Elizabeth wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:03 am It is now Saturday the 23 September, 2017 here on the East Coast of Australia.

Well there are two promised lands ... neither Great Britain nor Australia are listed much to the chagrin of several LDSFF folk. :P

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

I had to google "thread bumping" lol.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 4:51 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 4:45 pm

I totally agree with you. The fact that he is correct in his article. Nothing will haopen, but something could be announced the Young Women’s General Conference.

I mean, it’s crazy how lots of Christians (who aren’t Mormon) believe in the rapture and we know the truth (no rapture). We know what this symbolizes and what could really happen.

Any Mormon who believes in this sign is part of the .000000000001% of people who live on this Earth that know the truth and divinity of this sign.
Just some clarification: It's not the Young Women's General Conference. (although THANK YOU for making me FEEL young ;) ) The Saturday before the FALL General Conference use to be Relief Society General Conference (The Young women's had their stand alone in the Spring) Now they have changed it to always include all girls over the age of 8, before EVERY General Conference. It is just called the General Women's session. :)
Last edited by kittycat51 on September 23rd, 2017, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:24 pm

Well there are two promised lands ... neither Great Britain nor Australia are listed much to the chagrin of several LDSFF folk. :P
Lol lol lol lol I find that so comical because I have read so many texts from post 1776 where the Brits get all snarky about "savage" Americans. The funniest ones are in Punch.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Red wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:28 pm
alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:24 pm

Lol lol lol lol I find that so comical because I have read so many texts from post 1776 where the Brits get all snarky about "savage" Americans. The funniest ones are in Punch.
Here's a cute one.
Attachments
IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG (98.41 KiB) Viewed 606 times

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

LukeAir2008 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:01 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 10:27 am
kittycat51 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 9:57 am I am reminded of the scripture Luke 2:19 "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."

"This article will focus on the Feast of Trumpets. It is important to note that on 22 September 1827, the very day Israel celebrated the Feast of Trumpets, 5 Moroni gave the golden plates to the Prophet Joseph Smith. Since this feast was ripe with meaning for the theme of the regathering of Israel, it is unlikely this timing was accidental. Indeed, young Joseph was asked to meet Moroni for four years in preparation for that significant day in 1827.

Latter-day Saints can find it especially instructive to study some of the meanings Jewish scholars have attributed to the Feast of Trumpets. It signifies (1) the beginning of Israel’s final harvest, (2) the day God had set to remember His ancient promises to regather Israel, (3) a time for new revelation that would lead to a new covenant with Israel, and (4) a time to prepare for the Millennium."
Perhaps indeed the timing of September 23 this year is the start in motion of more intense things to come. I have been reading several posted articles from an Israel newspaper and they are heavily talking about September 23rd as well and the possible huge implications.

Those who watch and prepare will be able to discern the signs of the times. ;)

Thanks for sharing that article; from the article:
Latter-day Saints can find it especially instructive to study some of the meanings Jewish scholars have attributed to the Feast of Trumpets. It signifies (1) the beginning of Israel’s final harvest, (2) the day God had set to remember His ancient promises to regather Israel, (3) a time for new revelation that would lead to a new covenant with Israel, and (4) a time to prepare for the Millennium.
And then this from John Pratt's article:
There is another point in favor of this date. Previous articles by others about this 2017 date have pointed out that according to the traditional Hebrew Calendar that the day Sat 23 Sep 2017 is the day 3 Tishri, rather than 1 Tishri the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah). If that were all we knew, to me that could disqualify the date because the whole idea of the sign is about trumpeting the importance of an event coming during that following year. In all of my work, sacred events happen on the exact day on which they are meaningful.

Early in my work it became clear that there are problems with the traditional Hebrew calendar. Sometimes it is one or two days off and sometimes an entire month off. Thus it was necessary to correct it with what is called the Perpetual Hebrew Calendar. That seems to be a calendar which God is using. On that calendar, the day Sat 23 Sep 2017 is indeed the Feast of Trumpets!

So, he's saying that it will happen on the day of the Feast of Trumpets.
No, he thinks that the signs visible today (Feast of Trumpets/September 23) are heralding an event that will possibly take place on Passover 2018.
Yes, I know that, I was unclear in the way I wrote it-- he's saying that 'it' (the appearance of the phenomenon) will happen on the day of the feast of Trumpets.