9/23/17- The mother of all threads

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: 9/23/17- The mother of all threads

Post by Alaris »

Best to just ignore the naysayers at this point. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who believes in the sign realizes there may be no outward manifestations on 9/23. I did accurately predict the naysaying would increase however. Signs make empty lamps uncomfortable as they draw near. Still it would be nice to discuss what may happen or what this or that means without the "This means nothing" and "nothing will happen" hilarity.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:05 am Best to just ignore the naysayers at this point. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who believes in the sign realizes there may be no outward manifestations on 9/23. I did accurately predict the naysaying would increase however. Signs make empty lamps uncomfortable as they draw near. Still it would be nice to discuss what may happen or what this or that means without the "This means nothing" and "nothing will happen" hilarity.
ignore?...are u getting scared coz u have had a nuke thrown in ur inbox?🤣😂

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:14 am
alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:05 am Best to just ignore the naysayers at this point. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who believes in the sign realizes there may be no outward manifestations on 9/23. I did accurately predict the naysaying would increase however. Signs make empty lamps uncomfortable as they draw near. Still it would be nice to discuss what may happen or what this or that means without the "This means nothing" and "nothing will happen" hilarity.
ignore?...are u getting scared coz u have had a nuke thrown in ur inbox?🤣😂
Well maybe sobered is a better S word to describe it. Of course let the Holy Spirit guide ... Pro Tip: if it guides you to mocking people then that's not the right spirit.

If they can look in the face of everything that's been happening since 8/21 and say "Nothing will happen on 9/23" then well....at some point you've got to just disengage. If they want to throw us in with the "9/23 is the end of the world crowd" for the purpose of mocking, then well they've either not really looked into what we're saying about the sign or they're purposefully misrepresenting (I hope I can use that word without it being a character attack ;) ) for the purpose of mocking. Not a good spiritual health indicator.
Last edited by Alaris on September 22nd, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Crackers wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:01 am This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know what time this alignment is supposed to happen? Are we talking the early hours of 9/23 (i.e., tonight in the USA) or the late hours of 9/23 (tomorrow night) or maybe it lasts throughout the whole day? Sorry, I am astronomically stupid. Yes, both ways. ;)
Been going on for nine months ;)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

When do you expect to see an outward sign? And what would that be? You've probably answered this already but I haven't been paying much attention to all the 9/23 threads.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

gardener4life wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:30 am That's actually interesting that proclamation to the world was given at Women's Conference on a 9/23. Thank you for bringing that up. 9/23 could be an interesting day. We'll see if it will or if it will be later.

Just a thought though...some of the things people think to happen on 9/23 could be on other days? I think it was someone quoting the dream of either Wilford Woodruff or John Taylor...in the account says that he was reading a book made of linen and he was made to not remember every page but one of the pages he did read and remember he quotes that the judgments of God, many significant events associated with the fulfillment of the times of the Gentiles started on a day of feasts. (not sure if that could be interpreted as Thanksgiving or X-mas? People feast on X-mas as much as Thanksgiving.)

We certainly do live in exciting times. A bit too exciting actually. One quote of the news this week was quoting that the wildfires in the NorthWest this year are probably the most there ever have been. And the hurricane Irma was the same. So there are too many 'testimonies of fires and earthquakes' to repent than we can downplay.
I’ll be d*mned if the church announces something tomorrow.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ​ September 23, 2017 Part II

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 5:14 pmFrom LDS Astronomer, John Pratt's essay on this event: ....."
Ya'll are aware that John Pratt is a disciple of Denver Snuffer, right? He even gave a presentation of these 'signs of the times' at the recent Snuffer 'Remnant' general conference in Boise.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:03 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 5:14 pmFrom LDS Astronomer, John Pratt's essay on this event: ....."
Ya'll are aware that John Pratt is a disciple of Denver Snuffer, right? He even gave a presentation of these 'signs of the times' at the recent Snuffer 'Remnant' general conference in Boise.
Really?!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:04 pm
Really?!
You can listen to him here - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... /index.php

Or read it here - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... att%29.pdf

Pratt is a Snuffer disciple.
Last edited by EmmaLee on September 22nd, 2017, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

shadow wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:53 am
When do you expect to see an outward sign? And what would that be? You've probably answered this already but I haven't been paying much attention to all the 9/23 threads.
I believe 9/23 is the fulfillment of Revelation 12 and marks the birth of the Kingdom of God and the anointing of the Davidic Servant. The anointing may be extremely private but I do believe it will happen on or near that date and it will be a spiritual event much like the birth of our Savior was largely a spiritual event with few witnesses. Gileadi believes he will be translated on 9/23 - I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other. Val Brinkeroff thinks it could mark the servant's birth. If it is a marker, then this could mean that events will be ramping up in the coming years, even, so there may not be any outward manifestation for a long time.

There is a link in this thread to my thread - which links to the article I wrote back in June on this sign. I've learned so much since then that reinforces my belief in this sign if you read through the pages of that thread. If you read through the comments on my blog (and on this site), I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

Now I have speculated on what could happen - I speculated there could be birth pains since 8/21 and that certainly has been the case, but that was not a "prophecy." Funny how naysayers cherry pick the use of that word -

Anyway - the woman cries, pained to be delivered. Since Joseph Smith interpreted the woman to be the church in the JST, then I wonder if this could be something that happens to the church near the event - or perhaps there will be some sort of sound. This is from Revelation 8
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much aincense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the aprayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.

5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
This is from Isaiah 42 - one of the chapters that speaks of the rise of the end times servant.
Isaiah 42:14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.
That could happen soon or "soon" according to the Lord's use of that word. I have other thoughts on what may happen in my 9/23 thread.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:05 pm
Really?!
You can listen to him here - http://www.covenantofchristconference.c ... /index.php

But his 9/23 blog goes along with the church very well!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:23 pm
Really?!

Not sure what you mean by "goes along with the church". Pratt is following Snuffer around, and is even preaching at Snuffer's conference. A person cannot be a member of Snuffer's church AND a faithful member of the LDS Church. Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:28 pm

Really?!

Not sure what you mean by "goes along with the church". Pratt is following Snuffer around, and is even preaching at Snuffer's conference. A person cannot be a member of Snuffer's church AND a faithful member of the LDS Church. Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
It meant that he said that the events of Revelation 12 matched with the early days of the Church. I agree with him on that.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:47 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 12:28 pm

It meant that he said that the events of Revelation 12 matched with the early days of the Church. I agree with him on that.
Snuffer gets some things right, too (even a broken clock is right twice a day ;) ).

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 11:54 am
gardener4life wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 9:30 am That's actually interesting that proclamation to the world was given at Women's Conference on a 9/23. Thank you for bringing that up. 9/23 could be an interesting day. We'll see if it will or if it will be later.

Just a thought though...some of the things people think to happen on 9/23 could be on other days? I think it was someone quoting the dream of either Wilford Woodruff or John Taylor...in the account says that he was reading a book made of linen and he was made to not remember every page but one of the pages he did read and remember he quotes that the judgments of God, many significant events associated with the fulfillment of the times of the Gentiles started on a day of feasts. (not sure if that could be interpreted as Thanksgiving or X-mas? People feast on X-mas as much as Thanksgiving.)

We certainly do live in exciting times. A bit too exciting actually. One quote of the news this week was quoting that the wildfires in the NorthWest this year are probably the most there ever have been. And the hurricane Irma was the same. So there are too many 'testimonies of fires and earthquakes' to repent than we can downplay.
Hmm, is that your theory? What do you think of the chances of that?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I bet they won't so you'll be safe. ;)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I am aware that John Pratt spoke at the Covenant Conference they held in Idaho. I've been trying to find out if he is a Snuffer follower, but so far have not been able to verify it. I don't like to make judgments without clear evidence and since I haven't found anything and I haven't listened to his talk there, I don't know.

I've been reading his work on dates and stars for about 15 years, long before I heard of Snuffer and I think he's credible in his field--if he's fallen for Snuffer, then I would not trust his judgment on religion but I still think he knows his stuff when it comes to astronomy.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:19 pm

I'm sure your right.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'm sure your right.
"After we hear from Sister Bakermacher, the choir and congregation will sing, "All is Well in Zion." After the hymn, we will hear from the newly crowned Davidic Servant."

As nice as that would be, I'm not holding my breath! :)

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:57 pm
Z2100 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'm sure your right.
"After we hear from Sister Bakermacher, the choir and congregation will sing, "All is Well in Zion." After the hymn, we will hear from the newly crowned Davidic Servant."

As nice as that would be, I'm not holding my breath! :)
It's a little far fetched but yeah.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:25 pm
I am aware that John Pratt spoke at the Covenant Conference they held in Idaho. I've been trying to find out if he is a Snuffer follower, but so far have not been able to verify it. I don't like to make judgments without clear evidence and since I haven't found anything and I haven't listened to his talk there, I don't know.

I've been reading his work on dates and stars for about 15 years, long before I heard of Snuffer and I think he's credible in his field--if he's fallen for Snuffer, then I would not trust his judgment on religion but I still think he knows his stuff when it comes to astronomy.
John Pratt verified that he is a Snuffer follower from his own mouth when he was preaching at Snuffer's "general conference" - lot of clear evidence to make a judgement from in just this one talk alone (although many of the "remnant" people talk openly and freely about one of their prize converts, John Pratt, so I thought the fact that he is a Snuffer disciple was well known - guess not, at least not on LDSFF).

Quotes from John P. Pratt, given at Denver Snuffer's "covenant conference" - 2 September 2017 - "It's a pleasure to be here. My talk was somewhat misnamed, having been called so- "What is today? The translation of the name Harim is "Consecrated". This is the day for consecrating yourself to God. It’s our day, if we do it. It’s not just today where we voted on scriptures, it’s tomorrow when we accept the covenant – it’s all the same day on the Priest Calendar. I said today is holy on 3 calendars."

And - "Now comes a part which I believe is an astronomical testimony of David the Servant..... David the Servant stood up in one of his lectures which I attended and said something like, “By the way, Aquarius is supposed to have two streams - one is of blessings and the other is of cursings and we’ve lost the stream of cursings.”

And - "Remember David the Servant said something like, "It’s important to know when the Age of Aquarius started."

And - "David tells us, including me, that one of the streams was lost and I’m shown how to find it. When you find out where it was, you find exactly when the age of Aquarius began. To me that is a testimony that David the Servant had a good source for his claim that the stream of cursings of Aquarius had been lost."

And - "It represents the beginning of the kingdom of God. This one here [points to the bright star at the heart of the infant] is what represents the heart of the Kingdom of God. I looked through history. I expected this star to be associated with Jesus, maybe the day he goes to the temple. I’ve never found it on any important date in history. As I was preparing this, it hit me: This is not about the birth of Jesus; this is the birth of the Kingdom of God. This star may never have been on an important day before. I don’t know. It’s on today. This is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. (Applause.) We’re seeing things fulfilled that have never been done in history. The Virgo sign that we talked about at the first with the birth of Jupiter, there’s nothing like that in history before. That’s a prophecy in the Book of Revelation and it really looks like it is going to be fulfilled on the 23rd. And this is being fulfilled today."

And from a Q&A after Pratt's conference talk at Snuffer's conference - "Q8. Of the 4 cornerstone stars. I think you identified the 4th as Joseph Smith. As I recall Denver identified it as Uriel. Could you comment on that?
A8. The Book of Enoch lists 4 angels who, of the seven, often work as a team. Such lists contain different angel names. The most common places Uriel with the main three. What David the Servant may be quoting is one of the times in the Book of Enoch they are listed that way."

From just this, we can easily tell that Pratt considered that Snuffer conference a day to consecrate themselves to God - and that HE voted on Snuffer's scriptures, and that HE would accept Snuffer's covenant (his use of the words "our" and "we" clearly shows that he included himself in all of these votes and covenants). Then he referred to THAT day as a "holy" day. Breaking his actual covenants with God, and making covenants with Denver Snuffer, Pratt considers that to be "holy".

Then Pratt refers to Denver Snuffer as "David the Servant" (and continues to throughout the rest of his conference talk) - and tells about attending Snuffer's lectures, etc. constantly naming Snuffer, "David the Servant", and saying David the Servant has "good sources" where he gets his information, which, of course, all the Remnant, ex-LDS people (and those still pretending to be LDS to their families and wards, but inwardly hating the Church and its leaders/members) believe wholeheartedly.

Then Pratt talks about how "this/today", meaning the Snuffer conference, was the "beginning of the Kingdom of God" - hardly something a faithful LDS person would think or say. It doesn't take a great deal of discernment to know where Pratt's testimony is now and who his Prophet is - where his allegiance is, who it is with, as he makes it very plain and clear.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 3:56 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:25 pm

John Pratt verified that he is a Snuffer follower from his own mouth when he was preaching at Snuffer's "general conference" - lot of clear evidence to make a judgement from in just this one talk alone (although many of the "remnant" people talk openly and freely about one of their prize converts, John Pratt, so I thought the fact that he is a Snuffer disciple was well known - guess not, at least not on LDSFF).

Quotes from John P. Pratt, given at Denver Snuffer's "covenant conference" - 2 September 2017 - "It's a pleasure to be here. My talk was somewhat misnamed, having been called so- "What is today? The translation of the name Harim is "Consecrated". This is the day for consecrating yourself to God. It’s our day, if we do it. It’s not just today where we voted on scriptures, it’s tomorrow when we accept the covenant – it’s all the same day on the Priest Calendar. I said today is holy on 3 calendars."

And - "Now comes a part which I believe is an astronomical testimony of David the Servant..... David the Servant stood up in one of his lectures which I attended and said something like, “By the way, Aquarius is supposed to have two streams - one is of blessings and the other is of cursings and we’ve lost the stream of cursings.”

And - "Remember David the Servant said something like, "It’s important to know when the Age of Aquarius started."

And - "David tells us, including me, that one of the streams was lost and I’m shown how to find it. When you find out where it was, you find exactly when the age of Aquarius began. To me that is a testimony that David the Servant had a good source for his claim that the stream of cursings of Aquarius had been lost."

And - "It represents the beginning of the kingdom of God. This one here [points to the bright star at the heart of the infant] is what represents the heart of the Kingdom of God. I looked through history. I expected this star to be associated with Jesus, maybe the day he goes to the temple. I’ve never found it on any important date in history. As I was preparing this, it hit me: This is not about the birth of Jesus; this is the birth of the Kingdom of God. This star may never have been on an important day before. I don’t know. It’s on today. This is the beginning of the Kingdom of God. (Applause.) We’re seeing things fulfilled that have never been done in history. The Virgo sign that we talked about at the first with the birth of Jupiter, there’s nothing like that in history before. That’s a prophecy in the Book of Revelation and it really looks like it is going to be fulfilled on the 23rd. And this is being fulfilled today."

And from a Q&A after Pratt's conference talk at Snuffer's conference - "Q8. Of the 4 cornerstone stars. I think you identified the 4th as Joseph Smith. As I recall Denver identified it as Uriel. Could you comment on that?
A8. The Book of Enoch lists 4 angels who, of the seven, often work as a team. Such lists contain different angel names. The most common places Uriel with the main three. What David the Servant may be quoting is one of the times in the Book of Enoch they are listed that way."

From just this, we can easily tell that Pratt considered that Snuffer conference a day to consecrate themselves to God - and that HE voted on Snuffer's scriptures, and that HE would accept Snuffer's covenant (his use of the words "our" and "we" clearly shows that he included himself in all of these votes and covenants). Then he referred to THAT day as a "holy" day. Breaking his actual covenants with God, and making covenants with Denver Snuffer, Pratt considers that to be "holy".

Then Pratt refers to Denver Snuffer as "David the Servant" (and continues to throughout the rest of his conference talk) - and tells about attending Snuffer's lectures, etc. constantly naming Snuffer, "David the Servant", and saying David the Servant has "good sources" where he gets his information, which, of course, all the Remnant, ex-LDS people (and those still pretending to be LDS to their families and wards, but inwardly hating the Church and its leaders/members) believe wholeheartedly.

Then Pratt talks about how "this/today", meaning the Snuffer conference, was the "beginning of the Kingdom of God" - hardly something a faithful LDS person would think or say. It doesn't take a great deal of discernment to know where Pratt's testimony is now and who his Prophet is - where his allegiance is, who it is with, as he makes it very plain and clear.

Yes, it seems clear he's joined the Snuffer movement and when you read his biography it is especially sad. He was well respected and published in the LDS community.

Here's a bio of him:

John P. Pratt writes a monthly column for Meridian Magazine giving one LDS perspective on current science. He has a Ph.D. in astronomy and specializes in religious chronology and ancient calendars. He has authored several articles in the Ensign and professional journals, on his website at www.johnpratt.com, or in a bound volume which is now available. His lovely wife Ruth has written books on family history. They are the parents of five wonderful children.

I found this description of him from another forum, it's from 2009.
Newbie: Without form, and void
jmackley
4 posts
Posted November 24, 2009
John P Pratt is well respected author who has been published in the Ensign and Meridian Magazine. He has some great insights on gospel dating and chronology thanks to his interest and professional background in astronomy*.

This has led him to to some scriptural insights. For example, he has interesting information on the identity of the "seven angels" in the Doctrine & Covenants 88:92-107, which he identifies as follows:

Uriel/Peter = 1st Trump: First fruits of Christ are resurrected (Celestial resurrection)
Raguel/Moses = 2nd Trump: Resurrection of those redeemed from spirit prison (Terrestrial resurrection)
Sariel/Abel = 3rd Trump: Those of Telestial kingdom judged but not yet resurrected
Raphael/Enoch = 4th Trump: Sons of perdition judged but not yet resurrected
Phanuel/Joseph Smith = 5th Trump: Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess
Gabriel/Noah = 6th Trump: Declaration that the evil in the world is defeated
Michael/Adam = 7th Trump: Saints are crowned in glory with Christ
His website contains a large collection of his scholarly articles - a very good study and research resource. He also has published a book which I have read - and highly recommend. Fortunately the majority of his articles can be found online at johnpratt.com and/or meridian magazine.

- Jay Mackley

theholyscriptures.info

*John P Pratt has a Ph.D. degree in astronomy and is a senior scientific analyst with the Eyring Research Institute.[/quote]

As I mentioned on the other thread, it is a shock to me that he's accepted the scripture covenant when he was so critical of the committee's removal of certain sections which he knew were revelations through Joseph Smith jr. I wonder what changed him mind? Also, he's a descended from the LDS Pratt family of Orson and Parley P. It's so tragic that he would leave the faith.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

It is sad. Several other well-known LDS people have joined the Snuffer bandwagon - you would all recognize their names, but I don't have time right now to collect the links, etc. to show proof of their allegiance to him (but in the end, all will be revealed - no one will be able to hide in the Church for social/familial reasons for long). As the saying goes, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. :(