September 23rd might not be the fulfillment of Revelation 12 after all

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DRC53
captain of 100

September 23rd might not be the fulfillment of Revelation 12 after all

Post by DRC53 »

I found this very interesting. Here is a Christian Astronomer who explains certain important things I did not know with respect to the much-discussed September 23rd sign in the heavens. First, this is not a sign that anyone will be able to see in the sky. When the scriptures foretell of signs in the heavens, I have to believe that these will be signs that can actually be seen. Another fact that surprised me, because I just took people's word for it, but Leo doesn't have nine stars. It has at least 13 or more.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/ ... r-23-2017/

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Re: September 23rd might not be the fulfillment of Revelation 12 after all

Post by LDS Physician »

This has been explained in other places....Leo has 9 stars but on the 23rd there are 3 planets (Venus, Mercury, Mars) that are above Virgo's head. Naysayers say Leo has 10 stars, not 9 but traditional and long-standing views of Leo are 9 stars as the 10th is not easily visible.

And this will be visible to some areas of the world. It depends on what side of planet you are on.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

DRC53 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 3:26 am I found this very interesting. Here is a Christian Astronomer who explains certain important things I did not know with respect to the much-discussed September 23rd sign in the heavens. First, this is not a sign that anyone will be able to see in the sky. When the scriptures foretell of signs in the heavens, I have to believe that these will be signs that can actually be seen. Another fact that surprised me, because I just took people's word for it, but Leo doesn't have nine stars. It has at least 13 or more.

Firstly, when John saw our day did he see everything, including how this sign has already reached across the world without it even happening yet?
Moses 1:7 And now, behold, this one thing I show unto thee, Moses, my son, for thou art in the world, and now I show it unto thee.
8 And it came to pass that Moses looked, and beheld the world upon which he was created; and Moses beheld the world and the ends thereof, and all the children of men which are, and which were created; of the same he greatly marveled and wondered.
Ether 3:21 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world, until the time cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh; wherefore, ye shall treasure up the things which ye have seen and heard, and show it to no man.
25 And when the Lord had said these words, he showed unto the brother of Jared all the inhabitants of the earth which had been, and also all that would be; and he withheld them not from his sight, even unto the ends of the earth.
Ether 4:11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.
16 And then shall my revelations which I have caused to be written by my servant John be unfolded in the eyes of all the people. Remember, when ye see these things, ye shall know that the time is at hand that they shall be made manifest in very deed.
Another relevant scripture about signs and believing signs:
Ether 12:6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
Secondly the sign will be visible in the early morning in Jerusalem - particularly the unique part that only occurs on 9/23 - the crown with Mars, Mercury, and Venus. It's not until the sun rises that the stars become invisible to our eyes. Plus, if something else happens to darken the sun to make the sign visible ... well that would be something wouldn't it? We'll just have to wait and see!

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

wouldnt it just ;)

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

LDS Physician wrote: September 20th, 2017, 8:08 am This has been explained in other places....Leo has 9 stars but on the 23rd there are 3 planets (Venus, Mercury, Mars) that are above Virgo's head. Naysayers say Leo has 10 stars, not 9 but traditional and long-standing views of Leo are 9 stars as the 10th is not easily visible.

And this will be visible to some areas of the world. It depends on what side of planet you are on.
The traditional and long-standing view of Leo is not that it has just nine stars. The Ph.D Astronomer who posted the linked-article says this is false. This website also lists far more than nine main stars in the constellation. http://www.constellation-guide.com/cons ... tellation/

To insist otherwise is to persist in looking beyond the mark.

Bottom line, notwithstanding the tone of my post, I'm not trying to start a fight. But, I did want to put the information out there. I hate to see people get worked up about something and then be disappointed.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

DRC53 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:34 am
LDS Physician wrote: September 20th, 2017, 8:08 am This has been explained in other places....Leo has 9 stars but on the 23rd there are 3 planets (Venus, Mercury, Mars) that are above Virgo's head. Naysayers say Leo has 10 stars, not 9 but traditional and long-standing views of Leo are 9 stars as the 10th is not easily visible.

The traditional and long-standing view of Leo is not that it has just nine stars. The Ph.D Astronomer who posted the linked-article says this is false. This website also lists far more than nine main stars in the constellation. http://www.constellation-guide.com/cons ... tellation/

Bottom line, notwithstanding the tone of my post, I'm not trying to start a fight. But, I did want to put the information out there. I hate to see people get worked up about something and then be disappointed.
Nobody is fighting. :)

I would rather look for signs in faith and be disappointed then have the hardness of heart mentioned by Moroni that would close me off to the possibility, wouldn't you?

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:15 am
DRC53 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 3:26 am I found this very interesting. Here is a Christian Astronomer who explains certain important things I did not know with respect to the much-discussed September 23rd sign in the heavens. First, this is not a sign that anyone will be able to see in the sky. When the scriptures foretell of signs in the heavens, I have to believe that these will be signs that can actually be seen. Another fact that surprised me, because I just took people's word for it, but Leo doesn't have nine stars. It has at least 13 or more.

Firstly, when John saw our day did he see everything, including how this sign has already reached across the world without it even happening yet?
Moses 1:7 And now, behold, this one thing I show unto thee, Moses, my son, for thou art in the world, and now I show it unto thee.
8 And it came to pass that Moses looked, and beheld the world upon which he was created; and Moses beheld the world and the ends thereof, and all the children of men which are, and which were created; of the same he greatly marveled and wondered.
Ether 3:21 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world, until the time cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh; wherefore, ye shall treasure up the things which ye have seen and heard, and show it to no man.
25 And when the Lord had said these words, he showed unto the brother of Jared all the inhabitants of the earth which had been, and also all that would be; and he withheld them not from his sight, even unto the ends of the earth.
Ether 4:11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.
16 And then shall my revelations which I have caused to be written by my servant John be unfolded in the eyes of all the people. Remember, when ye see these things, ye shall know that the time is at hand that they shall be made manifest in very deed.
Ether 12:6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
Secondly the sign will be visible in the early morning in Jerusalem - particularly the unique part that only occurs on 9/23 - the crown with Mars, Mercury, and Venus. It's not until the sun rises that the stars become invisible to our eyes. Plus, if something else happens to darken the sun to make the sign visible ... well that would be something wouldn't it? We'll just have to wait and see!
Yes, we will have to see. I just hate to see people get worked up about something like a nine-star constellation (such as Leo is erroneously said to have) when the whole premise is unfounded. Leo has more than nine main, visible stars. http://www.constellation-guide.com/cons ... tellation/

Yes, look for the signs with faith, but not blindly. When this alleged fulfillment is based on erroneous information, looking for this as a sign is not faith.

Again, I'm only interested in putting the information from an Astronomer who has a Ph.D and is a faith, believing Christian than have people disappointed. While this doesn't apply to you or me, there are those who become terribly confused when these evangelical signs don't come to pass.
Last edited by DRC53 on September 20th, 2017, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

DRC53 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:49 am
alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:15 am

Yes, we will have to see. I just hate to see people get worked up about something like a nine-star constellation (such as Leo is erroneously said to have) when the whole premise is unfounded. Leo has more than nine main, visible stars. http://www.constellation-guide.com/cons ... tellation/

This is on par when LDS Anarchist foretold that there would be an earthquake during general conference that would kill all of the general authorities and that it would happen by 2012. That obviously didn't happen. We need to be careful what we become excited about.

Yes, look for the signs with faith, but not blindly. When this alleged fulfillment is based on erroneous information, looking for this as a sign is not faith.

Again, I'm only interested in putting the information from an Astronomer who has a Ph.D and is a faith, believing Christian than have people disappointed. While this doesn't apply to you or me, there are those who become terribly confused when these evangelical signs don't come to pass.
That's certainly one way to put it. The wiki entry for Leo shows there are 9,15 main stars, so seeing 9 stars certainly isn't completely off-base.

Putting your trust in Astronomer's and Ph.D's will get you into a lot more trouble than looking for signs of the Lord's coming. Science and scientists are diametrically opposed to God. Of course that's not true for the true application of science--I'm just referring to the world here. ;)

Remember this quote from Joseph Smith:
“Judah must return, Jerusalem must be rebuilt, and the temple, and water come out from under the temple, and the waters of the Dead Sea be healed [see Ezekiel 47:1–9]. It will take some time to rebuild the walls of the city and the temple, etc.; and all this must be done before the Son of Man will make His appearance. There will be wars and rumors of wars, signs in the heavens above and on the earth beneath, the sun turned into darkness and the moon to blood, earthquakes in divers places, the seas heaving beyond their bounds; then will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc. But the Son of Man will come as the sign of the coming of the Son of Man, which will be as the light of the morning cometh out of the east" ~ Joseph Smith
I'm not saying 9/23 is necessarily the grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. However, Joseph Smith said there would be a grand sign and asked
what the world do? Why, they will explain it away saying it's a planet or a comet, etc. And that's what this Astronomer is doing. Here's some more food for thought:

When there is any significant group looking in faith to the Lord - mistaken or not - there will be those full of pride looking to gratify themselves at the expense of the faithful.

If this is a sign, however, then the devil will certainly increase his output on those individuals to fight against the Lord's signs in the heavens.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

DRC53 wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:34 am

I appreciate your views.

As shown in this picture, Leo has been drawn almost exclusively using it's 9 main stars as shown:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_(cons ... :LeoCC.jpg

Prior to the advent of telescopes (which by the way would be how you'd have to interpret the scriptures if they're to include Leo), Leo was held to include 9 stars. Now that we have better equipment, you can say Leo includes 10, 14, or innumerable stars. If you read the wiki-article or other sources, Leo includes named galaxies...so I wouldn't just poo-poo away something that fits so amazingly well with Revelations 12. John wrote it in what? 62 AD? Leo had 9 stars then.

Additionally, I think September 23rd, 2017 will pass quietly in the night...the day will come and go and the world will think nothing of it. I think it's a sign in the heavens for those who are watching. I think it signifies something only those who understand the mysteries will comprehend. I'd like to say I'm one of those people, but I'm not, because I don't know what it signifies. However, I am fairly convinced that it is what is being described in Revelations 12. There just isn't another astronomical sign that comes close to it in the past or in the future.

In any case, thanks for your input!

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

That was a good read up to the conclusion, his thought of us having to be able to see a sign or it's ill-relevant doesn't jive with John's words. Maybe I'm illiterate, but if my wife was clothed by a bright light I would think I wouldn't be able to see her, then again I don't have a Ph D.

roycelerwick
captain of 50

Post by roycelerwick »

Ya think? How about not a chance in hello there! Every two or three years some "Christian" Biblical mystic sets the Rapture during Roshashona via one logic or another.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hcamping0.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... tic_events

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

roycelerwick wrote: September 20th, 2017, 1:36 pm Ya think? How about not a chance in hello there! Every two or three years some "Christian" Biblical mystic sets the Rapture during Roshashona via one logic or another.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hcamping0.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... tic_events
This is the problem with the naysayers. They don't say, "I don't think so" or "probably not." They say "Nothing will happen" and "Not a chance in hello" - OK that last one's a new one. Have you looked into this sign at all? Have you inquired of the Lord? Have you read the 3 Nephi quote ...apparently it's in another thread, so I'll paste it here for you.

Have you missed the many, many earthquakes, the many states that are on fire, the hurricanes, and the seven solar flares in seven days during a solar minimum baffling the Ph.Ds themselves? See, the "nothing will happen" is already proven to be false for 8/21. Are you sure you want to hop on the "nothing will happen" for 9/23 bandwagon?

Here's a quote from Joseph Smith in case you have a testimony of him like I do. ;)
3 Nephi 2:1 And it came to pass that thus passed away the ninety and fifth year also, and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen—

2 Imagining up some vain thing in their hearts, that it was wrought by men and by the power of the devil, to lead away and deceive the hearts of the people; and thus did Satan get possession of the hearts of the people again, insomuch that he did blind their eyes and lead them away to believe that the doctrine of Christ was a foolish and a vain thing.
“I believe all that God ever revealed, and I never hear of a man being damned for believing too much; but they are damned for unbelief.” Joseph Smith
Yikes and there's this one too:
3 Nephi 1:22 And it came to pass that from this time forth there began to be lyings sent forth among the people, by Satan, to harden their hearts, to the intent that they might not believe in those signs and wonders which they had seen; but notwithstanding these lyings and deceivings the more part of the people did believe, and were converted unto the Lord.
Just to be on the safe side ... shouldn't we at least not harden our hearts to signs and wonders that have been promised by the Lord Himself? If there is an alignment on 9/23 that resembles Revelation 12 this closely, why on earth would any saint with a testimony of the scriptures join the naysaying with prophesies of nothing? Truly baffling to me ...

If this is the Revelation 12 sign, then the pride you've attached to your own "nothing will happen" prophesy will urge you to then join the "It's just a comet" or "It's just a planet" crowd of which Joseph Smith prophesied (see earlier quote in this thread.)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I had another thought on the this thread and our friendly new user. I've been posting and studying about 9/23 since June. The youtube comments on the videos I watched then were almost exclusively believers talking to believers. Granted most of them think this is the rapture, but if you look at videos now they are FULL of naysayers and mockers. As we draw closer to Saturday I predict this trend will continue--perhaps not on LDSFF but certainly across the Internets. Perhaps it's a sign of how unsettling this sign to those whose lamps are empty.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Like you pointed out alaris, no one looked at this until the last 2 weeks. I think that in itself is interesting. I have said in one of the first real post about 9/23, this is the first real sign of the last days from the book of revelation. Is it definitely the sign that rev 12 talks about? I think it is, we all have our free agency to come to our own conclusion.

Is this revelation 18 being fulfilled?

https://youtu.be/4cMa1xCQDQM

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Bronco73idi wrote: September 20th, 2017, 3:04 pm Like you pointed out alaris, no one looked at this until the last 2 weeks. I think that in itself is interesting. I have said in one of the first real post about 9/23, this is the first real sign of the last days from the book of revelation. Is it definitely the sign that rev 12 talks about? I think it is, we all have our free agency to come to our own conclusion.

sorry for being a bit slow, im tired lol, but what do u mean by 'noone looked at this' until last 2 weeks? like Rev 12 sign? if so, its been round since 2011 and even daft myself been posting bout it and getting mocked by robin hood for it long ago :lol:
The Rev 12 sign, in short, has for years now been interpreted as a: time for 2nd exodus-by african Christians, rapture-evangelical and latter day king David by naughty, looking beyond mark lol LDS. its NOT a new thing!!! well, I do admit, it is on this forum :P

tjtax06
captain of 50

Post by tjtax06 »

Here's another thought that I've had. If we look at some of the most significant religious events that have occurred in this world how many of the people living at those times were aware of that event or even present at that event?

The birth of Chris: Only a small handful of people were aware of the birth of Christ. Even though the scriptures gave prophecies about what signs to look for to recognize the birth of the Savior. Almost the entirety of the world knew nothing of the birth of Christ the moment that it happened.

The atonement of Christ: Again, how many people were present and were aware of what was happening when the atonement was performed?

The first vision: The most significant modern religious event was the first vision of Joseph Smith. Yet if you were alive at the time Joseph had the first vision it is very likely you would have spent your entire life not knowing it ever happened.

My point is that there could be a very significant event that happens on September 23 and only a few people know about it. So we should be cautious in saying "SEE!!! NOTHING HAPPENED!!!"

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

On September 23rd - meh, not much out of the ordinary. Other than lots of people moving the goal posts.
Once I wake up Sunday morning on September 24, 2017 to start my usual be lazy Sunday video game playing, I'll put a 15th notch into my bedpost for my successful prophecies that I prophesied against. :P

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:38 am Nobody is fighting. :)

I would rather look for signs in faith and be disappointed then have the hardness of heart mentioned by Moroni that would close me off to the possibility, wouldn't you?
No.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:22 pm
alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 9:38 am Nobody is fighting. :)

No.
Thanks "Seek the Truth"

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Your welcome. you created a false choice though.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:33 pm Your welcome. you created a false choice though.
My welcome what?

So who created the choice for you to antagonize people under the name "Seek the Truth?" What truths have you sought lately because you seem busy doing other things. Anything cool you'd like to share? Start a thread on it and I'll gladly chime in. ;)

If you just need a big hug all you need to do is ask. Probably someone not in internet land tho unless you are in AZ. I'm a big guy and give great big hugs. :D I miss the hug emoji

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:38 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:33 pm Your welcome. you created a false choice though.
My welcome what?

So who created the choice for you to antagonize people under the name "Seek the Truth?" What truths have you sought lately because you seem busy doing other things. Anything cool you'd like to share? Start a thread on it and I'll gladly chime in. ;)

If you just need a big hug all you need to do is ask. Probably someone not in internet land tho unless you are in AZ. I'm a big guy and give great big hugs. :D I miss the hug emoji
Destroyers of faith often live under the lie that they are earnest seekers of truth :(

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Batting down false predictions doesn't destroy faith, it does the opposite.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

dafty wrote: September 20th, 2017, 3:23 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: September 20th, 2017, 3:04 pm Like you pointed out alaris, no one looked at this until the last 2 weeks. I think that in itself is interesting. I have said in one of the first real post about 9/23, this is the first real sign of the last days from the book of revelation. Is it definitely the sign that rev 12 talks about? I think it is, we all have our free agency to come to our own conclusion.

sorry for being a bit slow, im tired lol, but what do u mean by 'noone looked at this' until last 2 weeks? like Rev 12 sign? if so, its been round since 2011 and even daft myself been posting bout it and getting mocked by robin hood for it long ago :lol:
The Rev 12 sign, in short, has for years now been interpreted as a: time for 2nd exodus-by african Christians, rapture-evangelical and latter day king David by naughty, looking beyond mark lol LDS. its NOT a new thing!!! well, I do admit, it is on this forum :P
when i said "no one looked at this until the last 2 weeks" I meant MSM and it was in youtube but not like it is now... remember 2012, they made a movie about that one, this laid pretty doormat. except for a few people obviously

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

alaris wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:38 pm My welcome what?

So who created the choice for you to antagonize people under the name "Seek the Truth?" What truths have you sought lately because you seem busy doing other things. Anything cool you'd like to share? Start a thread on it and I'll gladly chime in.
Here you go. Be careful though.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=46292
Lol bro, just because you would like to inhibit the speech of other people doesn't mean your hugs are any good. Personally, I haven't know a huggy guy in many many years and they have been very good years upon reflection. Is this some kind of weird projection?