Generation Z is going to change the world

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Generation Z is going to change the world

Post by Z2100 »

My generation is an awesome generation! We are going to completely change the world!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/f ... ion-z.html

I am still concerned over religion. I’m sure the younger generation would be less religious, but I’d be surprised if it were more religious!

Red
captain of 100

Re: Generation Z is going to change the world

Post by Red »

Just curious on your thoughts as a gen Z... I'm a pretty young mom, so Im technically a millennial while my kids would be Z. That article stated how things like homosexuality, black presidents, etc are considered normal, not game changing for the US like they would have been 20 years ago. Obviously with all the gay, transgender, whatever being talked about in a much more "normal" fashion than when I grew up, do you find it "normal" that there are so many sexual deviancies or do you still find it outside the norm? I don't mean by a spiritual standpoint, I mean is it normal to hear about and talk about? I ask because my kids are old enough to have had sex-ed, but any time the gay/transgender topic pops up, I have a hard time talking about it because it wasn't something widely talked about when I was a kid. When I talked to one of my sons about his gay friend, I had a hard time saying to my son, "you know your friend is gay, right?" When I did ask him that, he shrugged and said, "yeah, so?" It was a surprise to me to see him shrug it off as though I had said to him, "hey, that is a flower." I guess im saying that i was raised in a time when people whispered about homosexuality but my kids react to it as though it's as normal as heterosexuality. Is this reaction from them just an indication of what generation they were raised in?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Do Millennials even exist? This video makes some good points:
I'm "Gen X" by the way. Which also doesn't exist.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Red wrote: September 12th, 2017, 4:42 pm Just curious on your thoughts as a gen Z... I'm a pretty young mom, so Im technically a millennial while my kids would be Z. That article stated how things like homosexuality, black presidents, etc are considered normal, not game changing for the US like they would have been 20 years ago. Obviously with all the gay, transgender, whatever being talked about in a much more "normal" fashion than when I grew up, do you find it "normal" that there are so many sexual deviancies or do you still find it outside the norm? I don't mean by a spiritual standpoint, I mean is it normal to hear about and talk about? I ask because my kids are old enough to have had sex-ed, but any time the gay/transgender topic pops up, I have a hard time talking about it because it wasn't something widely talked about when I was a kid. When I talked to one of my sons about his gay friend, I had a hard time saying to my son, "you know your friend is gay, right?" When I did ask him that, he shrugged and said, "yeah, so?" It was a surprise to me to see him shrug it off as though I had said to him, "hey, that is a flower." I guess im saying that i was raised in a time when people whispered about homosexuality but my kids react to it as though it's as normal as heterosexuality. Is this reaction from them just an indication of what generation they were raised in?
As a Mormon Gen Zers, we know it's sinful and wrong, but we want to have a nice-cool attitude towards everyone. Its not like we're oing to participate in gay stuff. Social equality and non-discrimination completely cover our generation. Homosexualism is not talked about at school at all. There are like, two lesbians at my school who don't even seem like lesbians and everyone else is straight. It is still a taboo at school to be gay. it will takes years for a good amount of the US population to be Homosexual.

To make a long story short:
Keep teaching your kids the right things and they will choose the right :)
keep up the good work!

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Z2100 wrote: September 12th, 2017, 6:35 pm
Red wrote: September 12th, 2017, 4:42 pm Just curious on your thoughts as a gen Z... I'm a pretty young mom, so Im technically a millennial while my kids would be Z. That article stated how things like homosexuality, black presidents, etc are considered normal, not game changing for the US like they would have been 20 years ago. Obviously with all the gay, transgender, whatever being talked about in a much more "normal" fashion than when I grew up, do you find it "normal" that there are so many sexual deviancies or do you still find it outside the norm? I don't mean by a spiritual standpoint, I mean is it normal to hear about and talk about? I ask because my kids are old enough to have had sex-ed, but any time the gay/transgender topic pops up, I have a hard time talking about it because it wasn't something widely talked about when I was a kid. When I talked to one of my sons about his gay friend, I had a hard time saying to my son, "you know your friend is gay, right?" When I did ask him that, he shrugged and said, "yeah, so?" It was a surprise to me to see him shrug it off as though I had said to him, "hey, that is a flower." I guess im saying that i was raised in a time when people whispered about homosexuality but my kids react to it as though it's as normal as heterosexuality. Is this reaction from them just an indication of what generation they were raised in?
As a Mormon Gen Zers, we know it's sinful and wrong, but we want to have a nice-cool attitude towards everyone. Its not like we're oing to participate in gay stuff. Social equality and non-discrimination completely cover our generation. Homosexualism is not talked about at school at all. There are like, two lesbians at my school who don't even seem like lesbians and everyone else is straight. It is still a taboo at school to be gay. it will takes years for a good amount of the US population to be Homosexual.

To make a long story short:
Keep teaching your kids the right things and they will choose the right :)
keep up the good work!
That's interesting. We are in Colorado, so there are LOTS of kiddos that "be themselves" whether that's trans, gay, crazy hair colors or piercings, the whole gamut of things that make you double take.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Funny joke bro

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

BrianM wrote: September 12th, 2017, 4:50 pm Do Millennials even exist? This video makes some good points:
I'm "Gen X" by the way. Which also doesn't exist.
Ha! That was hilarious. I couldn't find much to disagree on. I was always confused about how generations were determined. He explained perfectly why I was confused.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Changing for the worst is hardly an achievement.

Using the word "gay" for homosexual is extremely offensive, unnecessary and disgusting.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Every generation has changed the world. In some things they change it for the better and in some for the worse. One thing's certain: Our technological and innovative improvements have been fairly equally mirrored by a decrease in morals and ethics. I see fewer and fewer people who want to hear the gospel and more and more who embrace perversion and hold antipathy to God. I gratefully embrace old age as a soon-to-be release from seeing my country die.