Feel pretty confident that the 2nd coming won't be for 90+ years

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DRC53
captain of 100

Re: Feel pretty confident that the 2nd coming won't be for 90+ years

Post by DRC53 »

Robin Hood wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:04 am
DRC53 wrote: September 17th, 2017, 11:01 pm
Robin Hood wrote: September 12th, 2017, 12:49 am I have been saying this for years.
The very fact that so many are expecting him very soon, is evidence he won't show up. A thief in the night doesn't appear when everyone thinks he will.

I think we're looking at two or three hundred years.
First, let me say that I'm not insisting that the Second Coming will be next year or the next. Given my patriarchal blessing,
I have every reason to believe that it will be in my lifetime. But, who knows, because I might be misinterpreting what my blessing is saying. Personally, I am expecting the tribulations to begin in full force in the next few years or so. The most important thing to me is not whether the plagues, etc., start sooner or later, but that I am creating a Zion home now.

Second, as far as the thief in the night verses, it appears that the Lord will come as a thief in the night for those who are not prepared. For those who are waiting and watching, the Second Coming will not catch them off guard as a thief. While no one knows the hour, those ready will know when the time is close.

See 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5

"4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
However, even the 5 wise virgins who were prepared for the arrival of the bridegroom (because their lamps were trimmed and they had sufficient oil), would not have expected him at midnight. Bridegrooms do not arrive in the middle of the night when everyone, including all of the virgins, were asleep. No man knows the hour, not even the Son.
Therefore I am highly suspicious of any source, including and especially PB's (PB's predicting the second coming have been quite commonplace, especially in the early days of the church, and all have failed) which claims to impart information that not even the Son of God is aware of.
I wasn't citing my PB as authority for when the second coming will be. My point is that I don't know when. I only mentioned my PB as to one reason why I suspect it might be in my lifetime. My point was that Paul, in the Bible said that the righteous who were watching and waiting would not be caught as a thief. Even in your example of the five virgins, while they did not know the hour, they did expect the bridegroom that night at some point. We might not know the precise hour, but we can know the approximate timeframe. President Benson, a prophet, seemed to have an idea. I would trust those sources over someone else's dreams.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Ok, why is everybody so caught up with Jackson County Missouri? Is there some sort of sacred text hidden in a cave somewhere I missed. To me, it seems like Mormon sensationalism.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Another thing to note, New Jerusalem is not necessarily a city on Earth. It is most equivalent to Shalem, which was a mythological city in the heavens (ie planets). First, there was the Holy City of Shalem, where God lived, and the people made a city named Shalem after the city of Shalem. When that city was corrupted and destroyed, they made Jerusalem, Jeru is basically saying "new". New Jerusalem is New New Salem.
One thing modern research has shown is that we can accurately track words and meaning from the time of the tower of Babel, not by consonant order, but by consonant inclusion.

So, put it all together into a compound word, and what have we got?

SH EL EM = Mountain God S

The mountain-gods?! NO! The Mountain of the Gods!

Now, let's rearrange the syllables in a similar fashion to what appears to have been going on back then and see what we get.

How about EL EM SH? ... Olympus! The mountain of the gods!

Curiously, the Greeks themselves have no idea where the word, Olympus, comes from.
(thanks for the quote Marcus)

So, what exactly is the mountain of the God's? To learn this please look into Dave Talbott's work. He does a far better job explaining it than me.

WickerWeaver
captain of 10

Post by WickerWeaver »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 9th, 2017, 7:15 pm Another thing to note, New Jerusalem is not necessarily a city on Earth. It is most equivalent to Shalem, which was a mythological city in the heavens (ie planets). First, there was the Holy City of Shalem, where God lived, and the people made a city named Shalem after the city of Shalem. When that city was corrupted and destroyed, they made Jerusalem, Jeru is basically saying "new". New Jerusalem is New New Salem.
One thing modern research has shown is that we can accurately track words and meaning from the time of the tower of Babel, not by consonant order, but by consonant inclusion.

Now, let's rearrange the syllables in a similar fashion to what appears to have been going on back then and see what we get.

Curiously, the Greeks themselves have no idea where the word, Olympus, comes from.

So, what exactly is the mountain of the God's? To learn this please look into Dave Talbott's work. He does a far better job explaining it than me.
This would be fascinating if true. Where do you get the consonant translation for "SH" to be "Mountain" and "EM" to be "S"? What book or website confirms this? I know "EL" means "God". No question there. I did some google searches on Hebrew and consonants and couldn't turn up anything about "SH" meaning mountain or "EM" meaning S.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 9th, 2017, 7:15 pm Another thing to note, New Jerusalem is not necessarily a city on Earth.
Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 9th, 2017, 6:52 pm Ok, why is everybody so caught up with Jackson County Missouri? Is there some sort of sacred text hidden in a cave somewhere I missed. To me, it seems like Mormon sensationalism.
The New Jerusalem will be built in the area of Jackson County Missouri, part of the current American continent. It will be built on this Earth.
Article of Faith #10
10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1.1-13
Doctrine and Covenants Section 57 Verses 1-3
1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, who have assembled yourselves together, according to my commandments, in this land, which is the land of Missouri, which is the land which I have appointed and consecrated for the gathering of the saints.

2 Wherefore, this is the land of promise, and the place for the city of Zion.

3 And thus saith the Lord your God, if you will receive wisdom here is wisdom. Behold, the place which is now called Independence is the center place; and a spot for the temple is lying westward, upon a lot which is not far from the courthouse.
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/57.1-3
https://history.lds.org/article/doctrin ... n?lang=eng
Revelation, 20 July 1831 [D&C 57]
JS revelation, dated 20 July 1831, designated area near Independence as “city of Zion” for gathering of Saints and building of temple.
http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/place/ ... y-missouri
http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper- ... 31-dc-57/1

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

WickerWeaver wrote: October 10th, 2017, 7:08 pm
Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 9th, 2017, 7:15 pm Another thing to note, New Jerusalem is not necessarily a city on Earth. It is most equivalent to Shalem, which was a mythological city in the heavens (ie planets). First, there was the Holy City of Shalem, where God lived, and the people made a city named Shalem after the city of Shalem. When that city was corrupted and destroyed, they made Jerusalem, Jeru is basically saying "new". New Jerusalem is New New Salem.

This would be fascinating if true. Where do you get the consonant translation for "SH" to be "Mountain" and "EM" to be "S"? What book or website confirms this? I know "EL" means "God". No question there. I did some google searches on Hebrew and consonants and couldn't turn up anything about "SH" meaning mountain or "EM" meaning S.
It's not that the consonants are translated, it's that they are jumbled.
Olympus - L M S
Shalem - S L M
In ancient language, and even in Hebrew to some extent, words are not written with vowels, and the jumbling of languages has been literal. That is why the confusion of babel was so strong, every bode was speaking the same language but nobody was saying the words in the right orders.