Little known signs of the Second Coming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Little known signs of the Second Coming

Post by friendsofthe »

Guess I'd have to say that although my views upon the subject of the Second Coming have matured and changed over the years, some parts have been pretty consistent, like the contents of this short (2:17) video I first posted about 5 years ago... Have a peek...

https://youtu.be/yfTuWPcWpQM

I still wouldn't mind getting together with some of you who live near by for an informal discussion of all things Second Coming... Could be interesting... :)
Last edited by friendsofthe on September 11th, 2017, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Re: Little known signs of the Second Coming

Post by friendsofthe »

Couldn't make the YouTube thing work and the search doesn't appear to be working either. Can someone point me to the instructions?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Thanks cyclOps... :)

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

friendsofthe wrote: September 11th, 2017, 8:15 pm Thanks cyclOps... :)
I took off the first and last part, leaving only the middle:

yfTuWPcWpQM

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Nice video. I liked the music. A second coming campfire discussion (a literal fireside) would be great! You could count me in even if I didn't have much to add.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Cyclops wrote:
A second coming campfire discussion (a literal fireside) would be great! You could count me in even if I didn't have much to add.
Would anyone else be interested if we were to schedule something, where would be a good location?

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

Count me in. sounds like a great time.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I will come if my schedule permits. Utah County is best for me.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Here’s an idea, perhaps I could prepare materials for a blog and present it to the group before the formal posting on the web. After that we could do some question and answer or discussion of some kind.

So what subject might be good to cover?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

friendsofthe wrote: September 11th, 2017, 3:43 pm Guess I'd have to say that although my views upon the subject of the Second Coming have matured and changed over the years, some parts have been pretty consistent, like the contents of this short (2:17) video I first posted about 5 years ago... Have a peek...

https://youtu.be/yfTuWPcWpQM

I still wouldn't mind getting together with some of you who live near by for an informal discussion of all things Second Coming... Could be interesting... :)
I don't think I've ever read that Orson Pratt quote before. Interesting. Do you say that the cleansing will begin in the spring because of this quote referring to the fowls summering on the dead, or do you have other reasons for saying so?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Sarah wrote:
I don't think I've ever read that Orson Pratt quote before. Interesting. Do you say that the cleansing will begin in the spring because of this quote referring to the fowls summering on the dead, or do you have other reasons for saying so?
The quote by Orson Pratt is part of a commentary, which he wrote on Isaiah 18. Elder Pratt tells us that the “land shadowing with wings”, which Isaiah speaks of is America. Isaiah says of that land:
5 For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks, and take away and cut down the branches.
6 They shall be left together unto the fowls of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth: and the fowls shall summer upon them, and all the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.
So what happens in America? In the spring of the year or “when the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is ripening in the flower” as Isaiah puts it “he shall both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks, and take away and cut down the branches.” This “pruning” of the unrighteous Gentiles was also spoken of by the Lord, we read from 3 Nephi 21:
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
I think I used pretty much all of Elder Pratt’s quote in the following blog if you care to read it:

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-at-t ... -stand-up/