What is going on?!?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: What is going on?!?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Arenera wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:00 am
FTC wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:58 am
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:34 pm
FTC wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:16 pm Harvey is only "bad", because people built and lived stupidly. I have no problem with people getting slammed for being stupid. Those people should have been perusing the history books before they decided to develop and live in a known hurricane path.
The only thing Harvey has so far is the wettest of tropical storms. There have been nearly a dozen CAT 4's that have hit Texas, whereas Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida have CAT5's (along with even more CAT4's than Texas). Thousand year storm? Not even close! *scoff* It doesn't even have the highest death tolls, by a long shot, neither worldwide, nor even Atlantic wide. Harvey is only 2nd in deaths, during the recent 40 years, for Texas specifically. And way down the list over the past 100 years. People were more likely to die from being thrown by a horse than from Hurricance Harvey. Haha!
Yea, nothing outside of periodic natural occurrences is going on. The more one actually researches this stuff, as opposed to putting one's trust in the arm of social media, the more one realizes how silly it is to think this is some profound occurrence.
Where do you live? Could you handle 52" of rain in 3 days?
I never refuted that it wasn't a *@#^#$%& ton load of water. I specifically pointed out that it does hold the record for wettest in the United States. I never refuted that it wasn't a drastic destructive hurricane. I never refuted that tons of people have to suffer because of it. I never refuted that the whole thing is one gigantic mess.
What I am refuting is that it is something extraordinarily special. I am refuting that it isn't once in a thousand year storm (especially since we don't even have history of these storms for more than a few hundred years - we don't even know what these storms were like a thousand years ago). I am refuting that it has anything to do with anything outside of typical, natural occurring phenomenon. And I've prophesied that it has nothing to do with anything end-of-world-ish, nor 2nd coming-ish.

Going back to your original question: What is going on?!? Answer: Nothing that hasn't been happening dozens, maybe even hundreds or thousands of times already in the history of this planet.
Worst one in the US in our history. That is a lot more than nothing.
Two this terrible excemplifies our failure to "subdue" them as commanded in Genesis 1:28.

To subdue a child is to teach it; to subdue an animal is to tame it. Subduing the Earth should likewise be done in a loving manner. :ymhug:

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Arenera wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:00 am Worst one in the US in our history. That is a lot more than nothing.
Tunnel vision. The world does not revolve around us. It doesn't even revolve around the US.
If we go back to the history before us, they had their own collection of worst ones in history that were just as effectively bad for them as this one is for us. As has had ever chunk of history since the human population began.
If the social media drunkards would quit getting so high on their own little fantasies, they might be able to see.
Attachments
6-blind-men-hans.jpg
6-blind-men-hans.jpg (97.9 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

shadow wrote: September 8th, 2017, 8:49 pm Billy Joel agrees with you. He claims that we didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning.

Things will settle down once the Baby Boomers die out. Just watch.

Us Gen-Xers and Millennials just need to be steadfast and endure to the end (of the Baby Boomers) and then the earth will be restored to its paradisiacal glory.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

it's kind of screwed up that a lot of you are like 'meh, just another hurricane' when it's the biggest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean and about to cause immense human suffering. :(

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think it's really screwed up that most Latter-day Saints have ignored the commandments to "learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers", to "become involved in civic affairs to see that we are properly represented", and to "make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice". I think it's really screwed up that most Latter-day Saints have ignored the commandment to "awake to a sense of [our] awful situation because of this secret combination which shall be among [us]. I would much prefer to be killed off by a hurricane than to be held accountable for not doing all I can, within the bounds of the laws of God, to preserve the freedoms we have been given.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

gardener4life wrote: September 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm it's kind of screwed up that a lot of you are like 'meh, just another hurricane' when it's the biggest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean and about to cause immense human suffering. :(
Not near as much "immense human suffering" as previous hurricanes. The one in Galveston in 1900, for example, killed approximately 8000 people. So while this might be a huge hurricane, the human suffering will be far less than previous hurricanes.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

so guessing by the reading of these post, no matter what happens, these could never be signs of the times? no birth pangs? so what could be considered a sign of the times? if any.... by what seemingly is your all definition of "normal"??

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

JandD6572 wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:27 pm so guessing by the reading of these post, no matter what happens, these could never be signs of the times? no birth pangs? so what could be considered a sign of the times? if any.... by what seemingly is your all definition of "normal"??
I think they can somewhat be considered signs of the times simply because they were prophesied of but what makes this hurricane a sign of the times more so than other hurricanes from hundreds of years ago?? I think when the real signs of the times come there won't be any mistaking it. Hurricane after hurricane, with constant big quakes and plagues- non-stop stuff.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

FTC wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:16 pm Harvey is only "bad", because people built and lived stupidly. I have no problem with people getting slammed for being stupid. Those people should have been perusing the history books before they decided to develop and live in a known hurricane path.
Should we send all the millions of people living along the coast to your back yard then? I'm guessing that's where all the non-stupid people live, where there are no natural disasters.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

h_p wrote: September 11th, 2017, 3:46 pm
Should we send all the millions of people living along the coast to your back yard then? I'm guessing that's where all the non-stupid people live, where there are no natural disasters.
Whatever Floats Your Boat. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock:
Why not float your boat and subdue hurricanes, too :?:

Genesis1:28 wrote: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it ...

To subdue a child, is to teach it;

To subdue an animal, is to tame it.

Likewise subduing the Earth is to be done with loving kindness, looking out for its best interest.

PLANET EARTH AND HUMANITY wrote:
But, aha, along came Bill Gates and Ken Caldeira in 2009. They, and their team, actually filed five patents to reduce the danger of approaching hurricanes. either by cooling ocean temperatures, as above, spraying seawater into the atmosphere (left), etc. Hurricane luminaries, people like William Gray and Kerry Emanuel, belittled the plans. The world is not yet ready for geoengineering.

In any case, they all missed the point. The concept actually might work, but ... CAN OTEC NEUTRALIZE HURRICANES?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I want to make a point.

secret combinations and trying to get power = victims. Victims means that the righteous and just are deprived of a future to give a future to the wicked and disobedient. Now consider how many young people under 36 ish and above 18 are living at home with their parents because there's no other way. They estimate that this # of people to be half of the people in that age category. That's how many people have their future stolen by secret combinations, thieving, robbing, to give futures to the greedy.

At some point that has to be fixed. In the laws of God you can't give the future of the obedient and just to the wicked. Yet that's what you see everyday in our society. Is it any wonder that we perceive the judgments of God upon us?

Here's another thought too that I ran into the other day. I have this one relative who is anti-mormon and either atheist or agnostic. We are trying to be friendly to one another...and I hope someday this person will soften their heart to come back to Church since they grew up in it. At any rate when discussing the hurricanes and all this stuff, this person would rather believe ( and also was rather insistent too...) that the hurricanes were caused by either comets, solar flares, or even (his preference) aliens with a weather weapon instead of admitting that there is a God and that people need to repent.

We talked about it further and it seemed totally crazy to me that this person would think it easier to believe someone (aliens presumably) had a weather weapon and was trying to screw us over rather than people just need to repent.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

h_p wrote: September 11th, 2017, 3:46 pm
BTW, my back yard has a National Park Monument bigger than the lower 48, combined. ;)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

gardener4life wrote: September 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm it's kind of screwed up that a lot of you are like 'meh, just another hurricane' when it's the biggest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean and about to cause immense human suffering. :(
What do you mean, biggest hurricane?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

gardener4life wrote: September 11th, 2017, 5:17 pm I want to make a point.

secret combinations and trying to get power = victims. Victims means that the righteous and just are deprived of a future to give a future to the wicked and disobedient. Now consider how many young people under 36 ish and above 18 are living at home with their parents because there's no other way. They estimate that this # of people to be half of the people in that age category. That's how many people have their future stolen by secret combinations, thieving, robbing, to give futures to the greedy.

At some point that has to be fixed. In the laws of God you can't give the future of the obedient and just to the wicked. Yet that's what you see everyday in our society. Is it any wonder that we perceive the judgments of God upon us?

Here's another thought too that I ran into the other day. I have this one relative who is anti-mormon and either atheist or agnostic. We are trying to be friendly to one another...and I hope someday this person will soften their heart to come back to Church since they grew up in it. At any rate when discussing the hurricanes and all this stuff, this person would rather believe ( and also was rather insistent too...) that the hurricanes were caused by either comets, solar flares, or even (his preference) aliens with a weather weapon instead of admitting that there is a God and that people need to repent.

We talked about it further and it seemed totally crazy to me that this person would think it easier to believe someone (aliens presumably) had a weather weapon and was trying to screw us over rather than people just need to repent.
I'm in that age group and there is another way.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:37 pm
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:39 pm Flooding hurricane Harvey.
Earthquake in Idaho and Utah.
Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.
Destructive hurricane Irma.

What is going on?!?

25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Update: The Remnant are taking credit! Yes, due to the covenant they made in Boise.
Thanks, I wondered about this when I saw that they were having their shindig in Idaho right as the Soda Springs, Idaho earthquake swarm began. Not sure I'd take credit for calling down lightning in the place I'm sitting, though!

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Update: Montana wildfires alone have burned over 1 MILLION acres in the past few months. And Irma seems to be settling down?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gardener4life wrote: September 11th, 2017, 5:17 pm ... At any rate when discussing the hurricanes and all this stuff, this person would rather believe ( and also was rather insistent too...) that the hurricanes were caused by either comets, solar flares, or even (his preference) aliens with a weather weapon instead of admitting that there is a God and that people need to repent.

Irrational behavior is the stuff of idiots, in the truest/Freudian sense of the word. Elder Bednar's first GC address, and elsewhere in scripture teaches us, it is because the wicked wish to "remain filthy still" in their sins.

Strange too, that they'll discount Bill Gates and others, who filed 5 patents; albeit a standalone system won't stand well on its own, but rather, is better a special function of OTEC, to be called upon when needed to quell tropical depressions forecast to become troublesome cyclones.

We're again spending 10s of billions of dollars, besides untold sufferings, to recover from the latest two to strike US soil. Subduing cyclones could of been a reality well before man set foot on the moon, had we taken our stewardship of the Earth seriously, specifically Genesis 1:28

What a sordid web we weave. :x

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 9th, 2017, 3:03 am
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:39 pm Flooding hurricane Harvey.
Earthquake in Idaho and Utah.
Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.
Destructive hurricane Irma.

What is going on?!?

25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
You left the solar CME out...
This article is a few days old but had special appeal due to its nice title :)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

FTC wrote: September 9th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Arenera wrote: September 9th, 2017, 9:00 am Worst one in the US in our history. That is a lot more than nothing.
Tunnel vision. The world does not revolve around us. It doesn't even revolve around the US.
If we go back to the history before us, they had their own collection of worst ones in history that were just as effectively bad for them as this one is for us. As has had ever chunk of history since the human population began.
If the social media drunkards would quit getting so high on their own little fantasies, they might be able to see.
The earth does revolve around us, God's purpose is the "immortality and eternal life of man". Th earth and all things thereon were created for man - the weather and atmospheric systems were planned in detail in the preexistence, and nothing other than what God allows happens.
The signs in the heaven and on earth are given for man to ignore them is to ignore God's warnings at our own peril.

There is no history prior to humans on earth, the earth was placed in this specific location and the sun as well to serve God's purposes - which is you guessed right the immortality and eternal life of man. The earth has only been in a telestrial state since Adam was cast out less than 6,000y.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 14th, 2017, 2:07 am
The earth does revolve around us, God's purpose is the "immortality and eternal life of man". Th earth and all things thereon were created for man - the weather and atmospheric systems were planned in detail in the preexistence, and nothing other than what God allows happens.
The signs in the heaven and on earth are given for man to ignore them is to ignore God's warnings at our own peril.

There is no history prior to humans on earth, the earth was placed in this specific location and the sun as well to serve God's purposes - which is you guessed right the immortality and eternal life of man. The earth has only been in a telestrial state since Adam was cast out less than 6,000y.
This is why the adversary pushes the lunacy of global warming as it fosters the idea that there is no God in ultimate control, that we are an unwanted accident on earth, and that the big bang resulted in a planet being in the perfect distance from the Sun to sustain life thereby creating the perfect conditions for life to create itself and become more complicated over time until it - whoops - made us, hid the missing link, and now dangit we are ruining it all! Curse us! :P

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: September 14th, 2017, 3:38 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: September 14th, 2017, 2:07 am

This is why the adversary pushes the lunacy of global warming as it fosters the idea that there is no God in ultimate control, that we are an unwanted accident on earth, and that the big bang resulted in a planet being in the perfect distance from the Sun to sustain life thereby creating the perfect conditions for life to create itself and become more complicated over time until it - whoops - made us, hid the missing link, and now dangit we are ruining it all! Curse us! :P
Yip were are not just some random speck of space dust..
alaris You are lately agreeing with too many of my posts!! our first few discussions were very heated and confrontational, :? I might have to start liking you....

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

harakim wrote: September 12th, 2017, 5:57 pm
gardener4life wrote: September 11th, 2017, 5:17 pm I want to make a point.

I'm in that age group and there is another way.
Unfortunately I agree with gardener4life. For large portions of this age group, it's becoming more and more unaffordable to leave home. Poverty and relying on welfare for the rest of your life isn't an alternative either. The family is being destroyed in so many ways now.

I don't think anyone can say 2017 has been a normal year so far with all the political incidents and natural disasters that have happened. Both seemed to have escalated this year compared to the previous few decades. As religious tolerance decreases, as immoral laws are passed, as people attend churches less and are less religious, as sin increases so will the calamities increase in number and strength. Ancient and modern prophets have told us these things and we are seeing them be fulfilled.
Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
https://www.lds.org/topics/family-procl ... g&old=true
Last edited by Sunain on September 18th, 2017, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:46 pm
JandD6572 wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:27 pm so guessing by the reading of these post, no matter what happens, these could never be signs of the times? no birth pangs? so what could be considered a sign of the times? if any.... by what seemingly is your all definition of "normal"??
I think they can somewhat be considered signs of the times simply because they were prophesied of but what makes this hurricane a sign of the times more so than other hurricanes from hundreds of years ago?? I think when the real signs of the times come there won't be any mistaking it. Hurricane after hurricane, with constant big quakes and plagues- non-stop stuff.
Yep, there will be no mistaking it when the signs of the times come. People will live in constant fear. We shall see if the destruction continues one and the other.