What is going on?!?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Arenera
captain of 1,000

What is going on?!?

Post by Arenera »

Flooding hurricane Harvey.
Earthquake in Idaho and Utah.
Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.
Destructive hurricane Irma.

What is going on?!?

25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: What is going on?!?

Post by Matchmaker »

We are being compelled to be humble.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:22 pm
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:39 pm Flooding hurricane Harvey.
Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

What is going on?!?
I can answer this question:

Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.
You are surely prophetic!

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

What is going on?!?

Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

That was Arenera's way (correct me if I'm wrong) of beginning a thread contemplating if we are beginning the end of times. You responded in sarcasm you believed was funny because you don't think the events are indicative of anything.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

What is going on?!?

25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Update: The Remnant are taking credit! Yes, due to the covenant they made in Boise.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:41 pm
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:37 pm Update: The Remnant are taking credit! Yes, due to the covenant they made in Boise.
Well, I guess that settles it. Where do I sign up for Denver's group?
1-800-Don't-You-Curse-Me.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

^^^^^^^Now that's funny :).

If you want to be even more freaked out, check out what's happening in Bangladesh.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-08/4 ... ds/8886264
Last edited by Lizzy60 on September 8th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:39 pm
Red wrote: September 8th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

What is going on?!?

Earthquake in Mexico.
Northwest/West on fire.

That was Arenera's way (correct me if I'm wrong) of beginning a thread contemplating if we are beginning the end of times. You responded in sarcasm you believed was funny because you don't think the events are indicative of anything.
I responded in sarcasm because I'm a sarcastic dude and I thought it was funny, not because I don't think the events are indicative of anything. I never stated whether I think the events are indicative of anything or not.
Lol ok then. So, any thoughts on whether it's indicative of anything?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I'll bite.

I believe these are warning shots over the bow, so to speak. The really, really awe-some tribulations will occur after the Servant (the One Mighty and Strong,etc) is given his power and translated, because he will setting the charges on some of the calamities -- commanding mountains to move, etc.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Matchmaker wrote: September 8th, 2017, 4:54 pm We are being compelled to be humble.

And pay attention as 7 years prosperity has begun; ya'll know what happens next, marked by a second eclipse seven years from April. Image

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Meh, fires in the West? Hurricanes in the east?

What's so abnormal about this? This has been going on forever in these regions at this time of year.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

ajax wrote: September 8th, 2017, 6:19 pm Meh, fires in the West? Hurricanes in the east?

What's so abnormal about this? This has been going on forever in these regions at this time of year.
Billy Joel agrees with you. He claims that we didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Winds, fire, floods and quakes: A nutty run of nature
WASHINGTON (AP) — With four big hurricanes, a powerful earthquake and wildfires, it seems that nature recently has just gone nuts. Some of these disasters, like Friday’s earthquake in Mexico, are natural. Others may end up having a mix of natural and man-made ingredients after scientists examine them. We also always tend to look for patterns and order in chaos, even when they aren’t there, psychologists say. “Nature’s gone crazy,” mused Jeff Masters, meteorology director at the private service Weather Underground. “Welcome to the future. Extreme weather like this is going to be occurring simultaneously more often because of global warming.” A look at a rough few weeks in North America:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

shadow wrote: September 8th, 2017, 8:49 pm
ajax wrote: September 8th, 2017, 6:19 pm Meh, fires in the West? Hurricanes in the east?

Yep. Give me hurricanes in the west and fires in the east and then I might take notice.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

It's hurricane season.
Earthquakes happen all the time.
dc

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

The typical occurrences of a living planet. The same things that have been happening since the planet began. People really need to read history books more than they read their Facebook feed.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 9:04 pm
FTC wrote: September 8th, 2017, 9:02 pm The typical occurrences of a living planet. The same things that have been happening since the planet began. People really need to read history books more than they read their Facebook feed.
What's a history book? Actually, come to think of it, what's a book?
Oh! Oh! I got this one! Books are things that you find in a.................... LIBRARY!! I'm telling ya, these things really do exist.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Now days the library is the internet, a very reliable source.

However, Harvey is a once in a thousand year storm, not a normal occurrence.

Want to buy a car cheap?

http://www.history.com/news/why-harvey- ... ne-for-now

7B76516B-6DA0-46F4-9A52-84B82C872C37-7641-00000FACF9BE1092.jpeg
7B76516B-6DA0-46F4-9A52-84B82C872C37-7641-00000FACF9BE1092.jpeg (25.57 KiB) Viewed 3371 times

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

If I am right about the analogy I put in another thread then these are the birth pains associated with 9/23 and will get worse until that date.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

shadow wrote: September 8th, 2017, 8:49 pm

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 9:21 pm Now days the library is the internet, a very reliable source.

Want to buy a car cheap?

Was there ever a walloping pair of hurricanes like Harvey & Irma?

Why do we rigorously fight forest fires, yet permit hurricanes to rage?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:05 pm
Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 9:21 pm Now days the library is the internet, a very reliable source.

Want to buy a car cheap?

They fly planes into hurricanes all the time, but it doesnt seem to stop the hurricanes... :)

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Harvey is only "bad", because people built and lived stupidly. I have no problem with people getting slammed for being stupid. Those people should have been perusing the history books before they decided to develop and live in a known hurricane path.
The only thing Harvey has so far is the wettest of tropical storms. There have been nearly a dozen CAT 4's that have hit Texas, whereas Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida have CAT5's (along with even more CAT4's than Texas). Thousand year storm? Not even close! *scoff* It doesn't even have the highest death tolls, by a long shot, neither worldwide, nor even Atlantic wide. Harvey is only 2nd in deaths, during the recent 40 years, for Texas specifically. And way down the list over the past 100 years. People were more likely to die from being thrown by a horse than from Hurricance Harvey. Haha!
Yea, nothing outside of periodic natural occurrences is going on. The more one actually researches this stuff, as opposed to putting one's trust in the arm of social media, the more one realizes how silly it is to think this is some profound occurrence.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

FTC wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:16 pm Harvey is only "bad", because people built and lived stupidly. I have no problem with people getting slammed for being stupid. Those people should have been perusing the history books before they decided to develop and live in a known hurricane path.
The only thing Harvey has so far is the wettest of tropical storms. There have been nearly a dozen CAT 4's that have hit Texas, whereas Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida have CAT5's (along with even more CAT4's than Texas). Thousand year storm? Not even close! *scoff* It doesn't even have the highest death tolls, by a long shot, neither worldwide, nor even Atlantic wide. Harvey is only 2nd in deaths, during the recent 40 years, for Texas specifically. And way down the list over the past 100 years. People were more likely to die from being thrown by a horse than from Hurricance Harvey. Haha!
Yea, nothing outside of periodic natural occurrences is going on. The more one actually researches this stuff, as opposed to putting one's trust in the arm of social media, the more one realizes how silly it is to think this is some profound occurrence.
Where do you live? Could you handle 52" of rain in 3 days?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Arenera wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:12 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 8th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Want to buy a car cheap?

They fly planes into hurricanes all the time, but it doesnt seem to stop the hurricanes... :)
My neighbor flew those airplanes when I was stationed at Kessler AFB. That was when I first began thinking about this stuff. Bombs have been considered and may even work, but OTEC can do it as another of its amazing side benefits. Trying to tow an iceberg was one idea I kicked around, and surprisingly I read a news article of that being done to supply fresh water, but up north, where OTEC wouldn't work. The airplanes only measure what's going on, and this would help guide the fleet of cooling vessels.

There is my design for a hurricane hunter that could neutralize Henry or Irma. It's based on a dodecagon and is propelled by redirecting the OTEC nozzles. The cold water can be spayed in the air for maximum impact IAW patents by Bill Gates --> http://planetearthandhumanity.blogspot. ... canes.html

Somebody sign him up. =))

As with forest fires, so too cyclones are best subdued while they are small. Dr. Hans floating OTEC barges use several smaller pipes, but land based designs use pipes as big as those in the FireStarter video above. :-o

Each rectangle in my diagram is a 125 MegaWatt barge, so 8 of them is 1 GigaWatt. The tankers can serve as reserve power as the system is optimized to cool the jets of any tropical system before it becomes a raging monster costing many billions of dollars, etc.

Plan to use submarines to subdue typhoons/hurricanes would work, but the cost would be astronomical. Subs are slow and serve no purpose 99.9% of the time, but what if they could generate power, and supply tons of freshwater too? Now the cost of operating a fleet becomes tenable and even profitable in regions that need it most. Arid coastlines can blossom as prime farmland. Aquaculture too greatly increases by redistribution of vital nutrients trapped in the deep oceans.

Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion ships and platforms could be deployed to subdue storms, before they become devastating monsters headed for populated shorelines. Can OTEC Neutralize Hurricanes?

OPEC flourished while OTEC was put on the back-burner, and for many decades now, its amazing potential remains unrealized. While devastating storms continue unabated, evil in the form of ISIS has also grown, fueled by our inaction on the OTEC front. Japan is launching the hydrogen economy in the 2020 Olympics. :ymapplause:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure is the proverbial saying, and OTEC can do so much amazing stuff that one day we'll look back and realize how different things could been.