Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers...

Post by friendsofthe »

New blog... tell me what you think...

"The title of today’s blog comes form the prophet Isaiah. We shall shortly examine this phrase in its complete context. However, before we do that, I want to say that to me it is one of the more surprising and intriguing passages in all of scripture."

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/come-my- ... bout-thee/

gangbusters
captain of 100

Re: Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers...

Post by gangbusters »

friendsofthe wrote: September 8th, 2017, 12:48 am New blog... tell me what you think...

"The title of today’s blog comes form the prophet Isaiah. We shall shortly examine this phrase in its complete context. However, before we do that, I want to say that to me it is one of the more surprising and intriguing passages in all of scripture."

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/come-my- ... bout-thee/
Interesting as always and a particularly scary thought. By the way, I was reading in D&C 29:16 where it talks about a hail storm destroying the crops of the earth. That might be scarier than nuclear war. Much slower death for many.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Gangbusters wrote:
Interesting as always and a particularly scary thought. By the way, I was reading in D&C 29:16 where it talks about a hail storm destroying the crops of the earth. That might be scarier than nuclear war. Much slower death for many.
What you have referenced in D&C 29 is, I believe, a part of the same sequence of events noted in the above blog, we read:
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;
15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.
17 And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
20 And it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up.
Again we have “the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven” which is all sixth seal. (see Rev 6:12-13) We also have a “great hailstorm” and the aftermath of the beast burning the whore or “the great and abominable church” if you will, where the death toll is such that the dead cannot be buried. Therefore the Lord says:
18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
20 And it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up.
21 And the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire, according as it is spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, who spoke of these things, which have not come to pass but surely must, as I live, for abominations shall not reign.
I personally believe that we are already in the 42 months and therefore expect these events to unfold in the spring of 2020. Even if you have a different perspective on this, it might not be a band idea to make preparations… May God inspire you to do what you need to do…

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

No doubt. In September of 2015 I finally got serious about my food storage. I had been having persistent thoughts about it for years and I finally couldn't ignore it anymore. I think one would have to be spiritually blind not to recognize the world is in a state of commotion. And again, as in the days of Noah, things will go south quickly, leaving many in a bad spot with their lack of preparation.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Gangbusters wrote:
No doubt. In September of 2015 I finally got serious about my food storage. I had been having persistent thoughts about it for years and I finally couldn't ignore it anymore. I think one would have to be spiritually blind not to recognize the world is in a state of commotion. And again, as in the days of Noah, things will go south quickly, leaving many in a bad spot with their lack of preparation.
Exactly!!! How you going to go out and get what you need to survive when to do so is essentially a death sentence? As Isaiah says “Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast”…

Just got to prepare ahead for this!!!

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

"I personally believe that we are already in the 42 months and therefore expect these events to unfold in the spring of 2020. Even if you have a different perspective on this, it might not be a band idea to make preparations… May God inspire you to do what you need to do…"

Interesting to note that when we prayed we felt inspired for our family to be out of debt and have our food storage in by 2019.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Interesting video, Jerome Corsi and Joel Skousen speaking on Info Wars about Nuclear War, Korea and Trump…

What do you think?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

LatterDayLizard wrote: September 9th, 2017, 8:31 am "I personally believe that we are already in the 42 months and therefore expect these events to unfold in the spring of 2020. Even if you have a different perspective on this, it might not be a band idea to make preparations… May God inspire you to do what you need to do…"

Interesting to note that when we prayed we felt inspired for our family to be out of debt and have our food storage in by 2019.
I have actually been having similar thoughts recently about 2020.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 12th, 2017, 7:41 pm The abomination of desolation isn't talking about thermonuclear warfare. Nor has even the first seal of the book sealed with seven seals been opened, yet, let alone the sixth. Everyone who thinks we are already in the end times is jumping the gun. Remember what Jesus said?
And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. (Matthew 17:10-11)
Everything starts with Elias. He is the first sign. And he hasn't shown up, nor has the restoration of all things taken place, yet.
Hm... sounds like you are following traditional christian thought instead of traditional mormon thought. The scriptures in D&C state that each of the seals represents a period of 1000 years of the earths life in this telestial sphere... with the first thousand years being the Dispensation of Adam, 2nd of Enoch, and so forth.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Durzan wrote: September 14th, 2017, 5:04 am
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 12th, 2017, 7:41 pm The abomination of desolation isn't talking about thermonuclear warfare. Nor has even the first seal of the book sealed with seven seals been opened, yet, let alone the sixth. Everyone who thinks we are already in the end times is jumping the gun. Remember what Jesus said?
And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. (Matthew 17:10-11)
Everything starts with Elias. He is the first sign. And he hasn't shown up, nor has the restoration of all things taken place, yet.
Hm... sounds like you are following traditional christian thought instead of traditional mormon thought. The scriptures in D&C state that each of the seals represents a period of 1000 years of the earths life in this telestial sphere... with the first thousand years being the Dispensation of Adam, 2nd of Enoch, and so forth.
Traditional Christian thought???? Tell me what group or church body of Christians (as a whole) or even Mormons (as a whole) believe in an Elias to preface the coming of Christ. Or in an Elias to prepare the way before Christ comes. Or in an Elias to come before Christ and he (Elias) restore all things.... None..... All Christian religions and including Mormondom believe in the imminent return of Christ, as in that is the next event , but not in His forerunner. Except for a few stragglers here and there.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

D&C 110:12 doesn't count?

12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

simpleton wrote: September 14th, 2017, 6:24 am
Durzan wrote: September 14th, 2017, 5:04 am
Traditional Christian thought???? Tell me what group or church body of Christians (as a whole) or even Mormons (as a whole) believe in an Elias to preface the coming of Christ. Or in an Elias to prepare the way before Christ comes. Or in an Elias to come before Christ and he (Elias) restore all things.... None..... All Christian religions and including Mormondom believe in the imminent return of Christ, as in that is the next event , but not in His forerunner. Except for a few stragglers here and there.
I was referring to his assumption regarding the 7 seals all happening in the last days and not throughout history as most mormons tend to believe.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

ok..
I look for this Forerunner, Elias, to prepare the way for Christ to come, to restore all things. A mission ( and or missions) that will cause the whole earth to marvel at what he does in preparing this earth for the coming of Christ. A mission that has been seemingly hid from Christianity. Or mistakenly assumed that Christ is the one that personally does the work.
Sorry I misunderstood you...