[Deleted]

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Re: Possible references to Elias in the Book of Revelation

Post by LDS Physician »

Will this Elias appear as a man to us or will he be an angel...one that is unseen but who administers all of the things you've listed above?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The angel ascending from the east
The Elias who restores all things is said to be the angel ascending from the east:
And I saw another angel ascending from the east having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying,
Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. (Revelation 7:2-3)
Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?

A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things. (D&C 77:9)
100 percent agree on this one. Here the scriptural evidences:

First, there are seven promises of overcoming aligned to the seven churches in Asia. The churches in Asia symbolize congregations or bodies of beings - all at varying levels of progression. The Lord introduces Himself uniquely to each angel over each church except for the first and fifth are very similar - which I am exploring in my next blog. These discussions end by the end of Revelation 3.

There is an eighth use of overcometh all the way in chapter 21.
Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
This eighth use is exclusive promise given to the Son, which promise He extends to those who becomes His sons - and so on into eternity.

Here is the sixth promise of overcoming:
Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
I believe the Davidic Servant receives the reward overcoming level six on 9/23 - He will have the Father revealed to him. He will receive his crown, and yes he will be empowered! The first seven dispensations were those of descent - the dispensation heads themselves showing us how to overcome their respective law to their respective congregation or body of people. Now that those dispensations are come to a close, this is the dispensation of ascent - of power and glory. Totally agreed there.

Back to the point - I believe the Davidic Servant is the head of the order of level six beings - the seraphim - the ordinance of overcoming five and joining level six is shown in Isaiah 6. The seraphim say, "Holy, Holy, Holy"
Isaiah 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
I believe the word Holy repeated three times ties into the final sign given to us in the temple--I don't want to get too sidetracked here as I'm planning on writing about this as well.

So the beings at this level - level six - have received the promise to receive the name of the father, but they have not yet received it.

Of the 144,000:
Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
The 144,000 are those at level six who have received the promise to receive the name of the father, but that name is still sealed "in their foreheads." Why in their foreheads? The forehead represents the secrecy and sacred nature of such a revelation, but the name is still sealed to them.

So back to Revelation 7:2
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
He too has the seal but his seal is opened in Revelation 12:
JST Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 And the woman being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God and his throne.
This is the fulfilling of the sixth promise of overcoming. The Davidic Servant will enjoy the same privelege as the other seven dispensation heads - the seven angels who all have had this privelege from the beginning of this world (imho) and who have come down here and displayed the privelege by conversing with the Father and by displaying the greater power that allows them to:

Enoch: Move mountains
Moses: Part the Red Sea
Peter: Walk on water

Secondly, the angel from the east is the same person who Isaiah references from the East - oh my goodness I finally understand this. This is the eastern point of the Seal of Melchizedek, the junction of levels six and seven and this is why this man is referred to as coming from the east. He will also stand at the eastern Gate of Jerusalem. He is rising from the East because he is upon that junction - about to receive the name of the Father.
Isaiah 41:2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.
Ezekiel 44:1 Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut.
2 Then said the Lord unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the Lord, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
3 It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.
Certainly this will be a display of power. This is the Davidic Servant. Jesus would not sit in it to eat bread before Himself.

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The eighth angel
Alaris thinks that this angel might also be the guy:
Hey that's me! :)
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. (Revelation 8:3-4)
The Elias who restores all things is a man capable of dealing with infinite numbers and surely "the prayers of all saints" is an infinite number of prayers. Also, this eighth angel is given "much incense," which may be yet another supremely large quantity. Lastly, it is natural that Elias is the one who gets things started, and this eighth angel is the one who does just that, before the seven angels sound their trumpets.
I have felt strongly the Davidic Servant will be empowered and will receive such immense gifts that he will change almost overnight. Hearing the prayers of all the saints ... wow that would be something indeed. As I alluded to above, I believe the seven angels are the seven dispensation heads - each given charge over their order with Michael being given charge over his own order of seven.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm King Abaddon, the divine destroying angel of the bottomless pit
The Elias who restores all things is not possibly this angel, but is this very angel:
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. (Revelation 9:1-2)
Elias will be a king and notice that this angel of the bottomless pit is also a king:
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. (Revelation 9:11)
King Abaddon, or king Apollyon, is the one who gives instructions to his insect army:
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. (Revelation 9:4-5)
Notice how closely these instructions align to the instructions Elias gives to his four angelic helpers:
Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. (Revelation 7:3)
Notice that king Abaddon has four angelic helpers who are also in the bottomless pit:
Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet,
Loose the four angels which are bound in the bottomless pit.
And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. (JST Revelation 9:14-15)
just as Elias has four angelic helpers:
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying,
Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
(Revelation 7:1-3)
Now, king Abaddon (or king Apollyon) is so named because he is the divine destroying angel:
And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen. (D&C 89:21)
I wish I had the time tonight to break this all down. I have even more evidence to support what you are saying here. Jahoel is an angel who is referred to as the chief of the order of seraphim - so I believe strongly that Jahoel is the angelic name of the Davidic Servant. The name is spelled Iaoel and Jaoel in the translations of the Apocalypse of Abraham linked below, but this angel matches the Davidic Servant as being over the order of seraphim as well as being the angel of death. He is the angel who destroys Abraham's father and his father's house.

http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepig ... aham.html
Apocalypse of Abraham 10:3 And while I was still face down on the ground, I heard the voice speaking, "Go, Iaoel of the same name, through the meditation of my ineffable
4. name, consecrate this man for me and strengthen him against his trembling."
The angel he sent to me in the likeness of a man came, and he took me by my right
5. hand and stood me on my feet. And he said to me, "Stand up, Abraham, friend
6. of God who has loved you, let human trembling not enfold you! For lo! I am sent to you to strengthen you and to bless you in the name of God, creator of heavenly
7.(8.) and earthly things, who has loved you. Be bold and hasten to him. I am Iaoel and I was called so by him who causes those with me on the seventh expanse, on the firmament, to shake, a power through the medium of his ineffable name in
9. me. I am the one who has been charged according to his commandment, to restrain the threats of the living creatures of the cherubim against one another, and I teach those who carry the song through the medium of man’s night of the seventh hour.
10. I am appointed to hold the Leviathans, because through me is subjugated the
11. attack and menace of every reptile.
I am ordered to loosen Hades and to destroy
12. those who wondered at the dead. I am the one who ordered you father’s house
13. to be burned with him,
for he honored the dead. I am sent to you now to bless you and the land which he whom you have called the Eternal One has prepared
4.(15.) for you. For your sake I have indicated the way of the land.
There are many elements here that tie Iaoel / Jahoel / Jaoel to the Angel of Death. He even mentions his charge over those who carry the song "through the medium of man’s night of the seventh hour." Man's seventh hour is the day of rest or the millennium. The 144,000 have a song and no man can learn it but them:
Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm He is the divine counterpart to the demonic destroying angel, who is Satan, the devil. It is this divine destroying angel that does all impossible and infinite things, and who seals all things unto the end of all things:
Yes! And the Lord uses a specific memory from the premortal life to awaken this servant to his true identity when he commands him to awake and arise:
Isaiah 51:9 ¶ Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?
This is the Isaiah Institute Translation which I feel is more accurate:
Isaiah 51:9 Awake, arise; clothe yourself with power,
O arm of Jehovah!
Bestir yourself, as in ancient times,
as in generations of old.
Was it not you who carved up Rahab,
you who slew the dragon?
Verse 10 makes a reference to the deliverance of Israel, though not an overt reference to the Angel of Death. Still, a detective says this places him at the scene:
Isaiah 51:10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?
The Davidic Servant was a truly formidable force in the Premortal War. This was not a war of words but an actual war. I believe David and Goliath was a symbol of what happened before - where the Davidic Servant slew Rahab - the Dragon.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. (Revelation 20:1-3)
We LDS normally credit this to Michael; however, it is Jahoel who has the key to the pit.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm Like the four angelic helpers below him, Elias has power "to save life and to destroy"; "to shut up the heavens, to seal up unto life, or to cast down to the regions of darkness":
Q. What are we to understand by the four angels, spoken of in the 7th chapter and 1st verse of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that they are four angels sent forth from God, to whom is given power over the four parts of the earth, to save life and to destroy; these are they who have the everlasting gospel to commit to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people; having power to shut up the heavens, to seal up unto life, or to cast down to the regions of darkness. (D&C 77:8)
7 archangels, the Davidic Servant, and four angels = 12.
Moses 7:62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
Righteousness is a key word used for the Davidic Servant all throughout the prophets of the dispersing of Israel. He must gather the elect out of the four corners of the earth into the four corners of the walled New Jerusalem.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The mighty angel
The Elias who restores all things is said to be mighty:
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: and he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. (Revelation 10:1-3)

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said,
Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him,
Give me the little book.
And he said unto me,
Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. And he said unto me,
Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. (Revelation 10:5-11)
The seventh angel is Michael. The rainbow is his emblem because he is over all seven levels of mankind on earth which are symbolized in the rainbow. The Davidic Servant is over all of Israel.

I wrote a nice article on this: :)
http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/ ... inbow.html

Plus D&C spells out the seventh angel as Michael:
D&C 88:106 And again, another angel shall sound his trump, which is the seventh angel, saying: It is finished; it is finished! The Lamb of God hath overcome and trodden the wine-press alone, even the wine-press of the fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God.
110 And so on, until the seventh angel shall sound his trump; and he shall stand forth upon the land and upon the sea, and swear in the name of him who sitteth upon the throne, that there shall be time no longer; and Satan shall be bound, that old serpent, who is called the devil, and shall not be loosed for the space of a thousand years.
111 And then he shall be loosed for a little season, that he may gather together his armies.
112 And Michael, the seventh angel, even the archangel, shall gather together his armies, even the hosts of heaven.
The preaching angel
The Elias who restores all things is said to be the witness who preaches to everyone in the whole world:
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice,
Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Revelation 14:6-7)
Agreed.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The angel telling Christ what to do
The Elias who restores all things is a big shot, a bigger shot than all the sons and daughters of God combined, save Jesus only. He is probably the only one who can get away with telling his Lord what to do:
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud,
Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. (Revelation 14:15)
I would think Michael and the other six archangels would be bigger shots, but I won't explicitly disagree with you here. :)

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The powerful angel
The Elias who restores all things is said to be mighty, strong and powerful, whose ministry is attended by the spirit of power:
And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying,
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (Revelation 18:1-3)
This is quite possible though I haven't considered this before. I will say that the earth being lit with his glory may allude to the events of Revelation 12. The Ancient of Days has glory referenced in Daniel, and the Davidic Servant is joining this order.

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The mighty angel who throws a millstone
The Elias who restores all things is said to be mighty (as already stated) :
And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying,
Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. (Revelation 18:21)
This is parallel to the earlier Revelation 18 reference both in the words might / power and reference Babylon's fall. Reading through Isaiah and other old testament prophecies about the Davidic Servant certainly reads like he will personally confront Babylon.
LDS Anarchist wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm The angel standing in the Sun
The Elias who restores all things can do any impossible thing, including standing in the Sun:
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven,
Might could be though I don't see any overt clue in this one.

Here's one more for you. I believe the sixth angel over the sixth church or order of mankind is Enoch, but the words to the angels are for their respective orders. See how these words apply to the Davidic Servant. Here are the words of the Lord to the sixth angel:
Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
The open / shut could be the following:

1. The bottomless pit - certainly there's reference there (see above) to the inability for just anyone to open and shut
2. The sealing power
3. The eastern Gate of Jerusalem
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
The promise of the sixth overcoming (see verse 12)
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Certainly a display of power. If the Davidic Servant is Moroni reborn then this would have a new layer of meaning to "come and worship before thy feet"
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
A reference to the last days when this person would otherwise be subject to temptation being in the flesh
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Boom. Revelation 12 and the signs given are all about a heavenly crown given to the man child to rule all nations.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Upon overcoming you become a pillar - namely one of the seven pillars or order of seven. His job is also to gather the elect and meet them with the City of Enoch which comes out of heaven.
Moses 7:63 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shalt thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other;
This may break my record for the longest post ever.

Cc07
captain of 50

Post by Cc07 »

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1989/01/prop ... h?lang=eng

All you have to do is search st LDS.org and you will find that the Elias who restores all things and the second Elias who John the Baptist said was not him and this Elias who is a stem of Jesse and all of these things has in fact already come and is in fact Joseph Smith. He has prophesied it himself that he is in reference to this Elias. He was visited by Elijah himself and RESTORED the full of the gospel to the earth and RESTORED the Priesthood of God on the earth and brought to pass the sealing power. Please stop waiting for someone else to come because you are wasting your time and confusing scripture.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

That's a great point about the swearing that in the days of the voice ...

The sea may represent the rebellion, whereas the land represents the second estate souls and beyond. The Davidic Servant is becoming a prince forever. He shall be their prince forever! I believe this promise means that Israel will ascend with the Davidic Servant who will become an Adam on a new world. There is a scripture that indicates that though this is his measure, he will also be used as a light to the gentiles:
Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Also, there are the scriptures you and I discussed above that suggest he may be the one who locks up the beast--so in that light he certainly could be over all of the souls - the land and the sea. The sea is used as a representation in Isaiah for the rebellion, though I don't have the time to look them up at the moment.

Anyway, I will concede that by my own measures of the seven levels of mankind and the symbolism of the rainbow, the rainbow on his forehead could just symbolize that the Davidic Servant has ascended to level seven when he stands (rules) both the earth and the sea. Good show! :ymparty:

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

The restored priesthood/church and kingdom of God on earth is the end time servant or davidic servant or angel from the east and hold the keys (right to preside) and office of Elias and Elijah in the last days collectively since 1830. The restored priesthood/church is saturated with the spirit and power of Elias and Elijah. We should not be looking for or waiting for a single superhuman individual as latter day Elias or Elijah or God's end time servant but it is the restored church/priesthood and kingdom of God on earth (the stone cut without hands) that collectively and unitedly will accomplish all these things prophesied about throughout the scriptures. I believe we are not seeing the forest for all the trees here. The most impressive interpretation is there right in front of us and we are part of it right now - a marvelous work and a wonder!

Joseph Smith taught:

"It is the spirit of Elias I wish first to speak of. And in order to come at the subject I will bring some of the testimony from the scripture & give my own, in the first place suffice it to say I went into the woods to inquire of the Lord by prayer his will concerning me---& I saw an angel & he laid his hands upon my head & ordained me to be a priest after the order of Aaron & to hold the keys of this priesthood which office was to preach repentance & Baptism for the remission of sins & also to baptize but was informed that this office did not extend to the laying on of hands for the giving of the Holy Ghost that that office was a greater work & was to be given after wards but that my ordination was a preparetory work or a going before which was the spirit of Elias for the spirit of Elias was a going before to prepare the way for the greater, which was the Case with John the Baptist he Came balling through the wilderness prepare ye the way of the Lord & make his paths strait & they were informed if they Could receive it it was the spirit of Elias & John was very particular to tell the people He was not that light but was sent to bear witness of that light, He told the people that his mission was to preach repentance & baptize with water, but it was he that should Come after him that should baptize with fire & the Holy Ghost if he had been an imposture he might have gone to work beyound, his bounds & undertook to have performed ordinances that did not belong to that office & calling under the spirit of Elias. The spirit of Elias is to prepare the way for a greater revelation of God which is the priesthood of Elias or the Priesthood that Aaron was ordained unto. And when God sends a man into the world to prepare for a greater work holds the keys of the power of Elias it was called the doctrin of Elias even from the early ages of the world. John,s mission was limited to preaching & Baptizing but what he done was legal & when Jesus Christ Came to any of John,s disciples He baptized them with fire & the Holy Ghost, we find the Apostles endowed with greater power than John their office was more under the spirit & power of Elijah than Elias. In the Case of Philip when he went down to Samaria was under the spirit of Elias he baptised both men & women, when Peter & John herd of it they went down & lade hands on them & they received the Holy Ghost this shows the distinction between the two powers. when paul came to Certain Disciples He asked if they had received the Holy Ghost they said no, who baptized you then we were Baptizd unto Johns Baptism No John did not baptized you for he did his work right, & so Paul went & baptized them for He knew what the true doctrin was & he knew that John Had not Baptized them, & these principles and it is strange to me that men who have red the scriptures of the New Testament are so far from it. What I want to impress upon your minds is, the difference of power in the different parts of the Priesthood, so that when any man comes among you saying I have the spirit of Elias you can know whether he be true or fals, for any man that comes having the spirit & power of Elias he will not transcend his bounds, John did not transcend his bound but faithfully performed that part belonging to his office, and evry portion of the great building should be prepared right & assigned to its proper place, & it is necessary to know who holds the keys of power & who dont, or we may be likely to be decieved, That person who holds the keys of Elias hath a preparatory work,

But if I spend much more time in conversing about the spirit of Elias I shall not have time to do justice to the spirit & power of Elijah, this is the Elias spoken of in the last days & here is the rock upon which many split thinking the time was past in the days of John & Christ & no more to be, but the spirit of Elias was revealed to me & I know it is true therefore I speak with boldness for I know verily my doctrine is true. Now for Elijah, the spirit power & calling of Elijah is that ye have power to hold the keys of the revelations ordinances, oricles powers & endowments of the fulness of the Melchezedek Priesthood & of the Kingdom of God on the Earth & to receive, obtain & perform all the ordinances belonging to the Kingdom of God even unto the sealing of the hearts of the hearts fathers unto the children & the hearts of the children unto the fathers even those who are in heaven. Malachi says I will send Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come & He shall turn the hearts of the Fathers to the Children and the hearts of the Children to the Fathers lest I come & smite the earth with a Curse, Now what I am after is the knowledge of God & I take my own Course to obtain it, what are we to understand by this in the last days, in the days of Noah God destroyed the world by a flood & has promised to destroy it by fire in the last days but before it took place Elijah should first come & turn the hearts of the Fathers to the Children &c

now comes the point what is this office & work of Elijah, it is one of the greatest & most important subjects that God has revealed, He should send Elijah to seal the children to the fathers & fathers to the Children, Now was this merely confined to the living to settle difficulties with families on earth, by no means, it was a far greater work Elijah what would you do if you was here would you confine confine your work to the living alone. No I confine would refer you to the scriptures whare the subject is manifest, i.e, without us they could not be made perfect, nor we without them, the fathers without the children nor the children without the fathers. I wish you to understand this subject for it is important & if you will receive it this is the spirit of Elijah that we redeam our dead & connect ourselves with our fathers which are in heaven & seal up our dead to come forth in the first resurrection & here we want the power of Elijah to seal those who dwell on earth to those which dwell in heaven this is the power of Elijah & the keys of the Kingdom of Jehovah. Let us suppose a case; suppose the great God who dwells in heaven should reveal himself to Father Cutler here by the opening heavens and tell him I offer up a decree that whatsoever you seal on earth with your decree I will seal it in heaven, you have power then, can it be taken of No, Then what you seal on earth by the Keys of Elijah is sealed in heaven, & this is the power of Elijah, & this is the difference between the spirit & power of Elias and Elijah, for while the spirit of Elias is a forerunner the power of Elijah is sufficient to make our calling & Election sure, & the same doctrin whare we are exhorted to go on unto perfection not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works but of laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead &c. we cannot be perfect without the fathers, &c we must have revelations then & we can see that the doctrin of revelation as far transcends the doctrin of no revelation as knowlede is above ignorance for one truth revealed from heaven is worth all the sectarian notions in exhistence.

This spirit of Elijah was manifest in the days of the Apostles in delivering certain ones to the buffitings of Satan that they may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus, they were sealed by the spirit of Elijah unto the damnation of Hell untill the day of the Lord or revealtion of Jesus Christ Here is the doctrin of Election that the world have quarreled so much about, but they do not know any thing about it, The doctrin that the Prysbeterians & Methodist have quarreled so much about once in grace always in grace, or falling away from grace I will say a word about, they are both wrong, truth takes a road between them both. for while the Presbyterian says once in grace you cannot fall the Methodist says you can have grace to day, fall from it to morrow, next day have grace again & so follow it, but the doctrin of the scriptures & the spirit of Elijah would show them both fals & take a road between them both for according to the scriptures if a man has receive the good word of God & tasted of the powers of the world to come if they shall fall away it is impossible to renew them again, seeing they have Crucified the son of God afresh & put him to an open frame shame, so their is a possibility of falling away you could not be renewed again, & the power of Elijah Cannot seal against this sin, for this is a reserve made in the seals & power of the priesthood, I will make evry doctrin plain that I present & it shall stand upon a firm bases And I am at the defiance of the world for I will take shelter under the broad sheler cover of the wings of the work in which I am ingaged, it matters not to me if aIl hell boils over I regard it ownly as I would the crackling of thorns under a pot A murderer; for instance one that sheds innocent Blood Cannot have forgiveness, David sought repentance at the hand of God Carefully with tears, but he could ownly get it through Hell, he got a promise that his soul should not be left in Hell, Although David was a King he never did obtain the spirit & power of Elijah & the fulness of the Priesthood, & the priesthood that he received & the throne & kingdom of David is to be taken from him & given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his linage Peter refered to the same subject on the day of pentecost, but the multitude did not get the endowment that Peter had but several days after the people asked what shall we do, Peter says I would ye had done it ignorantly speaking of crucifying the Lord &c He did not say to them repent & be baptized for the remission of your sins but he said repent therefore & be converted that your sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord, Acts iii, 19 this is the case with murderers they could not be baptized for the remission of sins for they had shed innocent Blood.

¶ Again the doctrin or sealing power of Elijah is as follows if you have power to seal on earth & in heaven then we should be Crafty, the first thing you do go & seal on earth your sons & daughters unto yourself, & yourself unto your fathers in eternal glory, & go ahead and not go back, but use a little Craftiness & seal all you can; & when you get to heaven tell your father that what you seal on earth should be sealed in heaven I will walk through the gate of heaven and Claim what I seal & those that follow me & my Council The Lord once told me that what I asked for I should have, I have been afraid to aske to ask God to kill my enemies lest some of them should peradventure should repent I asked a short time, since for the Lord to deliver me out of the hands of the Govornor of Missouri & if it must needs be to accomplish it to take him away, & the next news that Came pouring down from their, was Governor Reynolds had shot himself, and I would now say beware O earth how you fight against the Saints of God & shed innocent Blood, for in the days of Elijah his enemies came upon him & fire was Called down from heaven & destroyed them, the spirit of Elias is first Elijah second, & Masiah last. Elias is a fore runner to prepare the way, & the spirit & power of Elijah is to come after holding the keys of power building the Temple to the Cap stone, placing the seals of the Melchezedeck priesthood up on the house of Israel & making alI things readythen Mesiah comes to his Temple which is last of all. Mesiah is above the spirit & power of Elijah, for he made the world & was that spiritual rock unto Moses in the wilderness. Elijah was to come & prepare the way & build up the kingdom before the coming of the great day of the Lord Although the spirit of Elias might begin it,"
Last edited by Hogmeister on September 9th, 2017, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 8th, 2017, 3:50 pm
Cc07 wrote: September 8th, 2017, 8:10 am https://www.lds.org/ensign/1989/01/prop ... h?lang=eng

All you have to do is search st LDS.org and you will find that the Elias who restores all things and the second Elias who John the Baptist said was not him and this Elias who is a stem of Jesse and all of these things has in fact already come and is in fact Joseph Smith. He has prophesied it himself that he is in reference to this Elias. He was visited by Elijah himself and RESTORED the full of the gospel to the earth and RESTORED the Priesthood of God on the earth and brought to pass the sealing power. Please stop waiting for someone else to come because you are wasting your time and confusing scripture.
I am not aware of Joseph Smith ever saying, at any time, that he was the Elias who restores all things. Care to give a reference to back up your claim?

My understanding is that Joseph Smith taught that the spirit of Elias/Elijah was present during the Restoration he performed, but that is not the same as saying that he was the Elias who restores all things. John the Baptist likewise possessed the spirit of Elias/Elijah, but did not restore all things, therefore he was not the Elias who restores all things.

Also, Joseph Smith was a Gentile of Ephraim lineage, not of Jesse (Judah), so he can't be the Stem of Jesse.
Good post. But it is pretty clear who the stem or trunk of Jesse is. :)

D&C 113:1 Who is the Stem of Jesse spoken of in the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th verses of the 11th chapter of Isaiah?

2 Verily thus saith the Lord: It is Christ.