And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake...

Post by friendsofthe »

My latest blog.... Please read and give feedback... :)

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-ye-s ... ames-sake/

gangbusters
captain of 100

Re: And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake...

Post by gangbusters »

As always, enjoyed the blog. My doubt concerning your theory of the 42 months is this: yes, we should broaden our scope of who we consider to be the Lord's people. However, we as Latter-day Saints are also, of course, his people, and I think you'd have to agree that we aren't suffering anything akin to persecution.

The only real doubt I have about your work is your theory on the interpretation of the 42 months, or maybe it's just the timing, i.e. whether we're in that period now. However, things could quickly change and persecution could become more clear and obvious. It could also be that my opinion of persecution is too narrow or strict.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Loved your recent entry because it's been on my mind a lot. Thanks for the great work!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Gangbusters wrote:
As always, enjoyed the blog. My doubt concerning your theory of the 42 months is this: yes, we should broaden our scope of who we consider to be the Lord's people. However, we as Latter-day Saints are also, of course, his people, and I think you'd have to agree that we aren't suffering anything akin to persecution.

The only real doubt I have about your work is your theory on the interpretation of the 42 months, or maybe it's just the timing, i.e. whether we're in that period now. However, things could quickly change and persecution could become more clear and obvious. It could also be that my opinion of persecution is too narrow or strict.

Tanks for responding…
So much depends upon our individual experience and circumstances as to weather one feels discriminated against, persecuted or threatened. I personally have a family member and know a couple of other individuals who are out to get members of the church. I’m talking about serious anger and even hatred…

Ones perspective on the conditions of the world is also greatly influenced by where they get their news and information. Do they really have their ear to the ground or head in the sand. Ha, ha, so many perspectives…

However, I’m going to say that the church as a whole isn’t doing too bad at this point. The brethren are doing a pretty good job of avoiding controversy so far but things can change quite fast.

If we are in the 42 months I expect that things will escalate as time goes by. Or, on the other hand it might be fair to say that things have already escalated. Depends upon how we define normal…

However, keep in mind that the Lord says:

41 But as it was in the days of Noah, so it shall be also at the coming of the Son of Man;
42 For it shall be with them, as it was in the days which were before the flood; for until the day that Noah entered into the ark they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage;

So we apparently can expect things to be kind of normal and then see sudden destruction, right?