Was the 7th seal opened today?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Generic
captain of 50

Was the 7th seal opened today?

Post by Generic »

I'm wondering if the hydrogen bomb test and subsequent earthquake in North Korea could be the opening of the 7th seal. Granted, the earthquake was not large enough to be felt physically around the globe, but it was definitely felt politically, by the leaders of all nations.

Thoughts?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: Was the 7th seal opened today?

Post by Sunain »

That's a very interesting way of looking at it. I agree the political shaking and nerves shaking from a hydrogen bomb test is definitely one theory that is very plausible. A 6.3 earthquake isn't the biggest one we've had in recent years though. The Japanese 2011 and Indian Ocean earthquakes affected people all around the world too.
Articles of Faith 1:10
“We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.”
I see these weapons tests permanently damaging the Earth beyond our capabilities to fix it. It will require a renewing.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Generic wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 9:39 am I'm wondering if the hydrogen bomb test and subsequent earthquake in North Korea could be the opening of the 7th seal. Granted, the earthquake was not large enough to be felt physically around the globe, but it was definitely felt politically, by the leaders of all nations.

Thoughts?
NO

mayja0619
Hi, I'm new.

Post by mayja0619 »

I read this somewhere else today and wanted to see if any of you had feedback on it. What do you think?
This is from someone else but very interesting:

Do you really want to know where we are in the timeline? If you do, you can find the answers in Revelations 6-8. Pull out your scriptures and follow along. FIRST- Rev 6 is talking about the first 6 Seals, each of which last about 1000 years. Many are hung up waiting for a major earthquake that was to take place at the opening of the 6th Seal. Well, the opening of the 6th Seal took place over 1000 years ago. We just left the 6th Seal - so that earthquake happened centuries ago. (if you want verification of chpt 6, you can go to the LDS Institute Manual "The Teachings of Jesus and His Disciples" New Testament - it is also on the lds.org website) Rev 7 explains the end of the 6th Seal and the opening of the 7th.

This is a synopsis of the story in Chapter 7 - The destroying angels are ready to begin the destructions of the Tribulations, but Elias stops them and tells them to wait until the Saints are Sealed. It goes on to talk about the 12,000 from each tribe that are fore-ordained to be special missionaries to take us through the second coming and the events (WHICH ARE MANY-but which also come QUICKLY) that will transpire between now and then. If you follow those foot notes, you will find in D&C that those 12,000 are High Priests. Then you get to the pivotal event that will start the countdown clock running.... Rev 7:9-12 describes an event that takes place in a temple (you can also reference Joel 1:14-15 - same event with less details). This is describing a Temple Dedication. It even talks about the 'palms in their hands - (white hankies), and the Hosannah Shout "Salvation to our God". In verse 12 you see reference to the Dedicatory Prayer. With 15 million members, it would be pretty hard to fit ALL members into a Temple Dedication - until the church held the Palmyra Temple Dedication on April 6, 2000, which was the first televised temple dedication where all worthy members 12 and over from all nations, kindreds, people and tongues could attend. In vs.13-17 there is a question/answer session. I purpose that in vs 14 where it says 'they came out of great tribulation', it means we are preparing to enter great tribulations.

Bottom line is this, and it has been confirmed by others who've heard Seventy's proclaim that the Palmyra Temple Dedication was the event that opened the Seventh Seal. Also interesting to note is that on the Hebrew's Sacred Calendar (they have two calendars), in the year 2000, their New Year was on April 6th. It was also the Savior's 2000th birthday and the 170th organization & location of the Restoration of the Church. Also, there was a convergence of three planets in the sky that had also been in the same place on the day the Savior was born forming a tight triangle in the sky (Mars,Saturn & Jupiter). But, I digress - the main point of this is to show from scripture, that the Seventh Seal was opened on April 6, 2000. Also interesting to note that an unprecedented 34 Temples were dedicated in 2000. A testament to what Elias was inferring - that we need many more saints (alive & dead) to receive their ordinances before the great and terrible day of the Lord commences.

Here's where the timeline comes into play. In Rev 8:1 it states that when the 7th Seal was opened, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. From this we see that we have a small window of time before the MAJOR TRIBULATIONS which are described in Rev 8 & 9 begin to be poured out. When you do the math (as many have) 30 minutes comes out to 20.83 years. Also note that it says 'ABOUT' a half an hour. This month puts us at minute 22.5. Next April we will be at minute 25. There are many things lining up, and many think that some things will begin happening this September and that by next spring, we will be lined up for the Tribulations to begin.... I hope we will be prepared temporarily and spiritually

* What 70 said those comments about the seventh seal and the Palmyra temple dedication? Is it found in print anywhere?

* No - it was said at a Zone Conference which my husband attended shortly after the dedication. I have posted about this before and several others have come forth to say that they also heard it from GA's at various Stake Conferences. Also, Palmyra Temple workers have come forward to confirm it. Read and pray about it. It is right there in black & white. I don't think it is something our Prophets would announce from General Conference or put into print. It is already in print and we are told to look for the signs (which are often seen in retrospect) It is pretty clear in Rev 7 - it is a story unfolding. I also love the scriptures in Rev 8:3-4 as it talks about the prayers of the saints ..... those are OUR prayers - right now. Pretty exciting stuff.

andrewkeola
captain of 10

Post by andrewkeola »

I believe the Earthquakes spoken of in the Book of Revelation are metaphorical so not a literal earthquake but something so big and effective that it will shake the testimonies of the faithful. When earthquakes happen they shake the ground and make it hard to stand.

Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Those who partake of the atonement (allowing them to retain the comfort and inspiration of the Holy Ghost) and fill their lamps (testimony) will be able to stand.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

There are 7 different descriptions of earthly man in verse 15 for a reason, 7 = whole, complete. All men on the whole earth will know it happened, not a few elite political hypocrites... The real question is will we justify it as something else a couple of months after it happened?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Generic wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 9:39 am I'm wondering if the hydrogen bomb test and subsequent earthquake in North Korea could be the opening of the 7th seal. Granted, the earthquake was not large enough to be felt physically around the globe, but it was definitely felt politically, by the leaders of all nations.

Thoughts?
The 6th seal has not even opened - it might of opened with the solar eclipse -that is the real question. Which will mean by general conference all hell is going to break loose. Utah earthquake, economy fail, more big storms hitting the US - one EMP from N.Koreal and the US power grid will be done for and the US will tear itself apart in the ensuing civil war.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Thoughts?
NO

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 4th, 2017, 5:45 am

Thoughts?
The 6th seal has not even opened - it might of opened with the solar eclipse -that is the real question. Which will mean by general conference all hell is going to break loose. Utah earthquake, economy fail, more big storms hitting the US - one EMP from N.Koreal and the US power grid will be done for and the US will tear itself apart in the ensuing civil war.
Since seals represent 1000 years, you don't believe Christ will return until at least after the year 3017 (Christ returns after the opening of the 7th)? Just curious why you believe the way you do. Personally, I think the 7th seal has already opened.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

shadow wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:02 am

Thoughts?
Since seals represent 1000 years, you don't believe Christ will return until at least after the year 3017 (Christ returns after the opening of the 7th)? Just curious why you believe the way you do. Personally, I think the 7th seal has already opened.
The events of the seals occur within the 1,000 year period - they do not represent the beginning or end of 1,000y period. The 6th period ends in 2033,

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 4th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Thoughts?
The 6th period ends in 2033,
Yeah. No. You owe me $7000 when 2033 goes by without a hitch :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 4th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Thoughts?
The events of the seals occur within the 1,000 year period - they do not represent the beginning or end of 1,000y period. The 6th period ends in 2033,
I was just wondering since you claim the 6th seal hasn't even opened yet. Accordingly, when it does, it'll be open for 1000 years. I still can't make since of your belief- it hasn't opened yet but it'll end in 2033.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

shadow wrote: September 4th, 2017, 5:31 pm I was just wondering since you claim the 6th seal hasn't even opened yet. Accordingly, when it does, it'll be open for 1000 years. I still can't make since of your belief- it hasn't opened yet but it'll end in 2033.
In the first 5,000 years the noted events occurred sometime during the 1,000y period,and never at the start. So the events of the 6th seal will occur sometime during the 6,000y period. So with the eclipse is it possible that the first of the events of the 6th seal has started. Ok, yeah I should of said the opening the 6th seal events not the opening of the 1,000y period, but I thought it would be obvious.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
My wife and I were the witness couple last week. With that experience fresh in my mind, verses 3-5 seem very powerful as the prayers and the altar remind me of standing behind the altar in the temple. Casting the golden censer(whether literal or not) is a powerful metaphor of the prayers of the righteous being finally answered with fire of the altar.

Voices

Thundering

Lightnings

"An" earthquake

I was in the October 89 earthquake in Northern California that measured 8.9 on the richter scale. This missile test was not the end of the silence.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

No Kim Jong Un doesn't decide when the Seventh Seal is opened - although he will probably have a hand in the commencement of WW3.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: September 5th, 2017, 2:13 am This missile test was not the end of the silence.
The scripture states clearly a silence in heaven not on earth. There will be no silence on earth.. It is a silence from happenings on heaven like meteorite bombardment. The big focus of the 1/2h silence is very misplaced.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 5th, 2017, 1:58 am
shadow wrote: September 4th, 2017, 5:31 pm I was just wondering since you claim the 6th seal hasn't even opened yet. Accordingly, when it does, it'll be open for 1000 years. I still can't make since of your belief- it hasn't opened yet but it'll end in 2033.
In the first 5,000 years the noted events occurred sometime during the 1,000y period,and never at the start. So the events of the 6th seal will occur sometime during the 6,000y period. So with the eclipse is it possible that the first of the events of the 6th seal has started. Ok, yeah I should of said the opening the 6th seal events not the opening of the 1,000y period, but I thought it would be obvious.
Except John sees the big earthquake at the opening of the 6th seal.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 5th, 2017, 6:13 am
alaris wrote: September 5th, 2017, 2:13 am This missile test was not the end of the silence.
The scripture states clearly a silence in heaven not on earth. There will be no silence on earth.. It is a silence from happenings on heaven like meteorite bombardment. The big focus of the 1/2h silence is very misplaced.
And at the end of the silence...

Voices

Thundering

Lightnings

"An" earthquake

... On earth. :)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: September 5th, 2017, 9:48 am

Voices

Thundering

Lightnings

"An" earthquake

Where do you get that... :-\

Rev 8 gives the first event to occur after the silence....
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour...............
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 5th, 2017, 12:28 pm
alaris wrote: September 5th, 2017, 9:48 am

Voices

Thundering

Lightnings

"An" earthquake

Where do you get that... :-\

Rev 8 gives the first event to occur after the silence....
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour...............
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
Within the verses you skipped lol -
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LukeAir2008 wrote: September 5th, 2017, 3:27 am No Kim Jong Un doesn't decide when the Seventh Seal is opened - although he will probably have a hand in the commencement of WW3.
True, but...

Is it possible that this event would be the opening of the seventh seal, not because Lil' Kim gets to set the schedule but because it was previously decreed that his detonation would be the sign of the opening? Or that the test was delayed by unnoticed divine intervention until the time was right?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: September 5th, 2017, 1:20 pm

That is fire cast down from the heavens to the earth that causes thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. The scripture is repeated in a few places silence in the heavens - there must be a reason why heavens are mentioned. The opening of the 6th seal also starts with sun and moon, then figs tree as shaken by a mighty wind (meteorites) it is not a mere coincidence.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

That is fire cast down from the heavens to the earth that causes voices, thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. The scripture is repeated in a few places silence in the heavens - there must be a reason why heavens are mentioned. The opening of the 6th seal also starts with sun and moon, then figs tree as shaken by a mighty wind (meteorites) it is not a mere coincidence.

I also read that as just the preparation for the 7 events after the silence in heaven: Verse 1 silence in heaven then Verse 2 the 7 angels are prepared. Then the events start with...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 6th, 2017, 2:09 am
That is fire cast down from the heavens to the earth that causes voices, thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. The scripture is repeated in a few places silence in the heavens - there must be a reason why heavens are mentioned. The opening of the 6th seal also starts with sun and moon, then figs tree as shaken by a mighty wind (meteorites) it is not a mere coincidence.

I also read that as just the preparation for the 7 events after the silence in heaven: Verse 1 silence in heaven then Verse 2 the 7 angels are prepared. Then the events start with...

I hear you, and that interpretation is certainly a possibility. It is an angel who casts the censer to the earth - granted the noises are on the earth, but it sounds like it is the heavens causing some noise in verse 5:
Revelation 8:5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Voices is what really intrigue me. We've had thundering, lightnings and an earthquake all in short order very recently. What will the voices say I wonder? Are they from heaven? And how soon after does the first angel sound in verse 7? Fun to think about! :) :-?

Also does the censer also represent a heavenly sign? Revelation 12 JST:
1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
I wonder if the golden censer is a meteor or some other celestial object? :-? :-? :-?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: September 6th, 2017, 11:30 am
Spaced_Out wrote: September 6th, 2017, 2:09 am

I hear you, and that interpretation is certainly a possibility. It is an angel who casts the censer to the earth - granted the noises are on the earth, but it sounds like it is the heavens causing some noise in verse 5:
Revelation 8:5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Voices is what really intrigue me. We've had thundering, lightnings and an earthquake all in short order very recently. What will the voices say I wonder? Are they from heaven? And how soon after does the first angel sound in verse 7? Fun to think about! :) :-?

Also does the censer also represent a heavenly sign? Revelation 12 JST:
1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
I wonder if the golden censer is a meteor or some other celestial object? :-? :-? :-?
Isn’t that crazy how Joseph Smith just happened to translate Revelation 12. I’m sure it was VERY important for him to translate it. Out of all of the books in JST Revelation, R12 is the most written one. The Lord has this for a reason!