A third of Bangladesh under water as flood devastation widens

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

In rural areas across northern Bangladesh families are preparing to mark Eid al-Adha, one of the holiest dates on the Muslim calendar.
The holiday, which translates literally as the "sacrifice feast," is intended to be a time of great celebration. In small villages and towns, such as Beraberi some 134 kilometers northwest of Dhaka, residents spent much of the last year hand-rearing goats and cows in anticipation of the annual festivities.
Then the rains began to fall.

As the world's media trains its sights on the tragic events in Texas and Louisiana, another water-driven catastrophe is unfolding in villages like Beraberi throughout Bangladesh and parts of Nepal and India.

There, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) estimates that at least 1,200 have died and more than 41 million people have been affected by monsoon rains and severe flooding as of June this year. The rains are now moving northwest towards Pakistan, where more devastation is expected.

At its peak on August 11, the equivalent to almost a week's worth of average rainfall during the summer monsoon season was dumped across parts of Bangladesh in the space of a few hours, according to the country's Meteorological Department, forcing villagers in low-lying northern areas to grab what few possessions they could carry and flee their homes in search of higher ground. And still the rains keep coming. In Bangladesh alone, floods have so far claimed the lives of 142 people, and impacted over 8.5 million.

If Hurricane Harvey is a 1,000-year flood event unprecedented in scale, I don't even know what to call the flooding in Bangladesh and India...

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: A third of Bangladesh under water as flood devastation widens

Post by tribrac »

Sunain wrote: September 1st, 2017, 2:08 pm If Hurricane Harvey is a 1,000-year flood event unprecedented in scale, I don't even know what to call the flooding in Bangladesh and India...
Call it a result of global warming, call it "a wake up call" for aggressive environmental laws, call it vindication for Algorians. But what ever you do, don't you dare call it a fulfillment of prophecy.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

tribrac wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:23 pm
Sunain wrote: September 1st, 2017, 2:08 pm If Hurricane Harvey is a 1,000-year flood event unprecedented in scale, I don't even know what to call the flooding in Bangladesh and India...
Call it a result of global warming, call it "a wake up call" for aggressive environmental laws, call it vindication for Algorians. But what ever you do, don't you dare call it a fulfillment of prophecy.
It is definitely a sign of the times.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

How many days before the 8/21 eclipse was everyone seeing the double rainbows?

Edit: I saw my double rainbow on 8/1 at the Gilbert temple which was the ninth of Av, the Jewish day where the Temple was destroyed twice. There was a double rainbow over the whitehouse on 8/4. An Eclipse on 8/21, and I believe the flooding hit Houston 7 days later on 8/28.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:46 pm
tribrac wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:23 pm But what ever you do, don't you dare call it a fulfillment of prophecy.
Why not?
There are handful of members on these forums who I like to call the prophecy police. Yet the irony is they will definitively say something is not a prophecy or something won't happen
... which is also prophesying