We live In The Best of Times!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do we live in the best time In History?

Yes
39%
No
11%
There is better to come!
50%

Total votes: 18
Z2100
captain of 100

We live In The Best of Times!

Post by Z2100 »

Have you realized that we live in the greatest time in basically all of Telestial World History? We live in a time of prosperity, the restoration of the gospel, and new technology! Who thought, 200 years ago, that there would be a tiny machine that could do everything?! And who knew, over 1000 years ago, that Christianity would be the biggest religion in the world?!

I’m thankful for the thought that I can come home from school and relax :)

I am really astounded when learning about past eras and civilizations and how they pale in comparison to ours.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Re: We live In The Best of Times!

Post by GrandMasterB »

Z2100 wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:32 pm Have you realized that we live in the greatest time in basically all of Telestial World History? We live in a time of prosperity, the restoration of the gospel, and new technology! Who thought, 200 years ago, that there would be a tiny machine that could do everything?! And who knew, over 1000 years ago, that Christianity would be the biggest religion in the world?!

I am really astounded when learning about past eras and civilizations and how they pale in comparison to ours.
You forgot to mention that we live in a time of the greatest wickedness the earth has ever known. Spreading rapidly thanks in part to technology.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 29th, 2017, 8:19 pm
Z2100 wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:32 pm Have you realized that we live in the greatest time in basically all of Telestial World History? We live in a time of prosperity, the restoration of the gospel, and new technology! Who thought, 200 years ago, that there would be a tiny machine that could do everything?! And who knew, over 1000 years ago, that Christianity would be the biggest religion in the world?!

You forgot to mention that we live in a time of the greatest wickedness the earth has ever known. Spreading rapidly thanks in part to technology.
But I believe that the good outweighs the bad :)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

No shortage of evil today, particularly in our own country.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Best time is very subjective. Some would say that living with the Nephites immediately after Christ visited would have been the best time, or that an entire life during the Millennium will be the best time.

I say this is the best time, assuming I am correct about timing of the Second Coming. Experiencing the prosperity we currently enjoy, seeing the great tribulations that will come and experiencing the blessings that will be poured out even more richly during and after those tribulations, then experiencing the Second Coming and beginning of the Millennium is exactly what I hope for and will be the greatest time in the history of this planet (in my opinion).

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Time is a chiasmus.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote: August 29th, 2017, 10:34 pm Best time is very subjective. Some would say that living with the Nephites immediately after Christ visited would have been the best time, or that an entire life during the Millennium will be the best time.

I say this is the best time, assuming I am correct about timing of the Second Coming. Experiencing the prosperity we currently enjoy, seeing the great tribulations that will come and experiencing the blessings that will be poured out even more richly during and after those tribulations, then experiencing the Second Coming and beginning of the Millennium is exactly what I hope for and will be the greatest time in the history of this planet (in my opinion).
Yeah maybe it feels like the best of times in some of the world. It sounds like OP has never been outside the US and seen how people are living, starving and dying due to wickedness. We have it real good here. We are billionaires compared to people in other countries. Even the poor in the US live like kings compared to those in other areas of the world.