Half hour of Silence

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
RAB
captain of 100

Half hour of Silence

Post by RAB »

So the half hour of silence has been referred to many times in preceding the second coming. But I have been trying to figure out what the half hour of silence actually is...and I accept most interpretations that it is a period of about 20.5 years.

We read in Revelation 8:1, "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

Immediately preceding the opening of the seventh seal, in Revelation 7 we learn of all the people who have accepted Christ and been made clean through the blood of the Lamb, and that the 144,000 (12,000 from each tribe) who are called to work in the vineyard. Of those who accept the gospel, we read "Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple, and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more, neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them and shall lead them unto living waters; and God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes." Revelation 7: 15-17. This passage seems to be talking about Zion, the New Jerusalem, because that is where Christ will dwell among his people. Then in Revelation 8, we get the opening of the 7th seal, a half hour of silence, and then trumps and bad stuff starts happening.

We read in D&C 88: 95, "And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;"

Immediately preceding verse 95, we learn that angels are crying with a loud voice and sounding a trump of God to prepare for God's judgments are coming and the Bridegroom cometh. Then there is a great sign in heaven, and another trump that says the great church, the mother of abominations that persecuteth the saints is bound and ready to be burned. Then the silence comes for half an hour. Afterwards, the Lord is unveiled, the faithful are caught up to meet him and descend with him.

So it seems the silence is referring to no trumps being sounded between the time the New Jerusalem is established and the great church falls, and Christ comes in His glory to all the earth. In other words, after the great sign in heaven, and the 12 tribes have been gathering folks into the fold for 20 years, only then will the great tribulations begin found in Revelations 8 followed up by Christ's coming in glory.

Have I got that right? Does anyone else understand what the half hour of silence is?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Half hour of Silence

Post by Alaris »

RAB wrote: August 28th, 2017, 1:23 pm So it seems the silence is referring to no trumps being sounded between the time the New Jerusalem is established and the great church falls, and Christ comes in His glory to all the earth. In other words, after the great sign in heaven, and the 12 tribes have been gathering folks into the fold for 20 years, only then will the great tribulations begin found in Revelations 8 followed up by Christ's coming in glory.

Have I got that right? Does anyone else understand what the half hour of silence is?
Based off my understanding, the half hour of silence refers to no trumps being sounded yet after the seal is opened like you said. However, I believe New Jerusalem is established after the half hour of silence is over. I believe the building of ZION and the judgements called by the trumps are simultaneous.
Moses 7:61 And the day shall come that the earth shall rest, but before that day the heavens shall be darkened, and a veil of darkness shall cover the earth; and the heavens shall shake, and also the earth; and great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve;
62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
63 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shalt thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other;
64 And there shall be mine abode, and it shall be Zion, which shall come forth out of all the creations which I have made; and for the space of a thousand years the earth shall rest.
65 And it came to pass that Enoch saw the day of the coming of the Son of Man, in the last days, to dwell on the earth in righteousness for the space of a thousand years;
66 But before that day he saw great tribulations among the wicked; and he also saw the sea, that it was troubled, and men’s hearts failing them, looking forth with fear for the judgments of the Almighty God, which should come upon the wicked.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

What is wrong with a half hour of silence meaning a half hour of silence? Not 20.5 years. Why would John be talking after the order of God's time when that time is not man's time? John wrote the book for us on this earth and according to our time. After destruction before the 7th seal is open a half hour of silence will seem like an eternity.
Last edited by GrandMasterB on August 29th, 2017, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 29th, 2017, 1:59 pm What is wrong with a half hour of silence meaning a half hour of silence. Not 20.5 years. Why would John be talking after the order of God's time when that time is not man's time. John wrote the book for us on this earth and according to our time. After destruction before the 7th seal is open a half hour of silence will seem like an eternity.
I think that's certainly possible. There are other time periods in Revelation we usually take literally such as 42 months and one thousand two hundred and threescore days, though I've read interesting interpretations that those are also representations of longer period of times. I have not read any interpretations that give the same mathematics to those numbers as that would be 1,260,000 years!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

alaris wrote: August 29th, 2017, 2:07 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 29th, 2017, 1:59 pm What is wrong with a half hour of silence meaning a half hour of silence. Not 20.5 years. Why would John be talking after the order of God's time when that time is not man's time. John wrote the book for us on this earth and according to our time. After destruction before the 7th seal is open a half hour of silence will seem like an eternity.
I think that's certainly possible. There are other time periods in Revelation we usually take literally such as 42 months and one thousand two hundred and threescore days, though I've read interesting interpretations that those are also representations of longer period of times. I have not read any interpretations that give the same mathematics to those numbers as that would be 1,260,000 years!
That is my point exactly. There could also be something in heaven that appears to be the cause of the destruction which quiets for about a half hour.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Here's a link to a blog I posted on this subject a few weeks back...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-ther ... f-an-hour/

Last edited by friendsofthe on August 29th, 2017, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 29th, 2017, 1:59 pm What is wrong with a half hour of silence meaning a half hour of silence? Not 20.5 years. Why would John be talking after the order of God's time when that time is not man's time? John wrote the book for us on this earth and according to our time. After destruction before the 7th seal is open a half hour of silence will seem like an eternity.
That's a fair point. I think many people interpret it as 20.5 years because the seals themselves seem to speak to 1000 year periods of history. But you are correct that instead of indicating a longer period of time, it could be indicating what happens almost immediately after the trump sounds. We truly are looking through a dark glass with these scriptures, or however the metaphor goes.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: August 29th, 2017, 3:08 pm Here's a link to a blog I posted on this subject a few weeks back...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-ther ... f-an-hour/

Pardon if it's my newborn baby brain, but doesn't your chart overlap the seven trumps? If so, isn't that what the silence is referring to--no trumps?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

RAB wrote: August 28th, 2017, 1:23 pm So the half hour of silence has been referred to many times in preceding the second coming. But I have been trying to figure out what the half hour of silence actually is...and I accept most interpretations that it is a period of about 20.5 years.

We read in Revelation 8:1, "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

Immediately preceding the opening of the seventh seal, in Revelation 7 we learn of all the people who have accepted Christ and been made clean through the blood of the Lamb, and that the 144,000 (12,000 from each tribe) who are called to work in the vineyard. Of those who accept the gospel, we read "Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple, and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more, neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them and shall lead them unto living waters; and God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes." Revelation 7: 15-17. This passage seems to be talking about Zion, the New Jerusalem, because that is where Christ will dwell among his people. Then in Revelation 8, we get the opening of the 7th seal, a half hour of silence, and then trumps and bad stuff starts happening.

We read in D&C 88: 95, "And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;"

Immediately preceding verse 95, we learn that angels are crying with a loud voice and sounding a trump of God to prepare for God's judgments are coming and the Bridegroom cometh. Then there is a great sign in heaven, and another trump that says the great church, the mother of abominations that persecuteth the saints is bound and ready to be burned. Then the silence comes for half an hour. Afterwards, the Lord is unveiled, the faithful are caught up to meet him and descend with him.

So it seems the silence is referring to no trumps being sounded between the time the New Jerusalem is established and the great church falls, and Christ comes in His glory to all the earth. In other words, after the great sign in heaven, and the 12 tribes have been gathering folks into the fold for 20 years, only then will the great tribulations begin found in Revelations 8 followed up by Christ's coming in glory.

I believe that the 1/2 Hour of silence is literally a 1/2 Hour in our time. Are there any sculptures that confirm that it will be the Lord’s time?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

[/quote]

I believe that the 1/2 Hour of silence is literally a 1/2 Hour in our time. Are there any sculptures that confirm that it will be the Lord’s time?
[/quote]

No, but BRM felt it meant 21 years, 1/2 hour in the Lord's time.

Cleon Skousen felt that the 1/2 hour of silence began at 2000.

My understanding is that the opening of the 7th seal is accompanied by a GREAT EARTHQUAKE. I don't think that this has happened yet, so how could we be nearly finished with the 1/2 hour of silence which some believe started in 2000?

I've always thought that tribulations would happen, America would be cleansed, New Jerusalem established, Armageddon would occur, the Savior would appear to both NJ and Jerusalem, destruction of Gog/Magog armies, followed by the great earthquake...then the 1/2 hour silence as the world is prepared for the 2nd Coming including the ministry of the 144,000 to the world for the final gathering.

Of course, I'm ready to be educated otherwise, heh heh!

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

LDS Physician wrote: August 29th, 2017, 6:45 pm
[/quote]

My understanding is that the opening of the 7th seal is accompanied by a GREAT EARTHQUAKE. I don't think that this has happened yet, so how could we be nearly finished with the 1/2 hour of silence which some believe started in 2000?

I've always thought that tribulations would happen, America would be cleansed, New Jerusalem established, Armageddon would occur, the Savior would appear to both NJ and Jerusalem, destruction of Gog/Magog armies, followed by the great earthquake...then the 1/2 hour silence as the world is prepared for the 2nd Coming including the ministry of the 144,000 to the world for the final gathering.

[/quote]

The 7th Seal is not going to be opened for some time.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Z2100 wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:27 pm

[/quote]

The 7th Seal is not going to be opened for some time.
[/quote]

I agree, my friend...I think that a lot has to happen before then.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what did Cleon feel "silence" actually means?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 29th, 2017, 8:15 pm

[/quote]

So what did Cleon feel "silence" actually means?
[/quote]

He theorized that up to the opening of the 7th Seal (and therefore the beginning of the 1/2 hour of silence) that there is furious activity preparing the dead for the Second Coming. He conjectures that the 7th Seal opening marks the end of that work and that the 1/2 hour of silence marks a rest period or "break".

I actually don't know where he comes up with this because there aren't any scriptures or prophetic revelations regarding what this 1/2 hour of silence actually represents.

To me, the 7th seal contains some MAJOR events but perhaps these major events won't occur during the silent period. Who knows?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

When I hit "Quote" in order to reply...it's not working right as you can see with my above post. What gives?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

There needs to be an open quote for every close /quote.

Doctors... ;)

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 29th, 2017, 4:06 pm
RAB wrote: August 28th, 2017, 1:23 pm Have I got that right? Does anyone else understand what the half hour of silence is?
I haven't got a clue how long a half hour is in that scripture, whether it's literal or symbolic for a longer period of time. I just know that the half hour of silence occurs after the seventh seal is opened, which occurs at the beginning of the seventh thousand years, which begins on 11 April 2033. So, we've got a little more than 15 years left to wait, and I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Personally, I can go either way: it meaning literally a half hour, or it meaning some longer period. However, there is another thing to consider, and that is:
that God hath set his hand and seal to change the times and seasons (D&C 121:12)
So, a half hour of time after 11 April 2033 may be different than a half hour of time on 29 August 2017. The Josephite will be making vast, planetary changes. It may be that the earth in ancient times turned much more slowly, perhaps as slowly as Kolob. If the Josephite significantly slows down the earth's rotation, then a half hour of time might literally be 20.5 years.
I'm curious, where does the date of April 11, 233 come from? It's so precise that you must have a way that you (someone) came up with that date.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Alaris Wrote:
Pardon if it's my newborn baby brain, but doesn't your chart overlap the seven trumps? If so, isn't that what the silence is referring to--no trumps?
The seven trumps in Rev chapters 8 through 11 get you to the Lord’s appearance to the Jews. Which I’m going to say is about seven years into the half-hour of silence. To my knowledge there are no scriptures confirming that the half-hour silence means “no trumps”…. As I read those four chapters it appears very evident that the trumps are being sounded within the time of the half-hour of silence. I have no idea where you get an idea to the contrary... :)

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

The half hour is tricky, let me add more confusion to it by pointing out that in revelation 8, it says it is ABOUT half an hour, not exactly, so if a half hour is 20.5 years, about a half hour could be plus or minus 3-4 years or so (maybe making it go from 2000 to say sept 23rd 2017 for example :D ). Then you jump to D&C 88 and it leaves out the word ABOUT. Did someone make a mistake and leave the word ABOUT out of D&C 88 or is it even talking about the same event or what? #-o

As for what it means, I tend to agree, no trumps, but I think it also means no revelation to the world either for some reason (personal revelation is different). Its just a feeling or thought that stuck with me when studying it a while back.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: August 30th, 2017, 12:21 am
Alaris Wrote:
The seven trumps in Rev chapters 8 through 11 get you to the Lord’s appearance to the Jews. Which I’m going to say is about seven years into the half-hour of silence. To my knowledge there are no scriptures confirming that the half-hour silence means “no trumps”…. As I read those four chapters it appears very evident that the trumps are being sounded within the time of the half-hour of silence. I have no idea where you get an idea to the contrary... :)

Thanks Frank. Can I call you Frank here? I just pronounce "friendsofthe" in my head when I address you and it hurts my brain a little. ;) If not I will edit and remove.
Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
You spend a great deal more time than I studying the timing of the events leading up the second coming, so due respect and thanks for that! My interpretation of the silence in heaven means exactly that there are neither trumps being sounded or "commotion" as the angels pronounce woes, etc. Plus during the sixth seal the angel from the east says "hurt not the earth" etc. till we have sealed the servants.
Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Then there's some events in heaven covering the rest of chapter 7. Then chapter 8 begins with the silence, which to me reads in line with "hurt not the earth, etc." So, in other words:

1. Let's seal the 144,000 before the judgments are poured out
2. Seventh seal is opened and there is a brief time of silence of no judgements which are announced by trumps - whether that's 30 minutes of Earth time or Heaven time (I still lean heavily to heaven time.)
3. The first trump sounds breaking the silence.

Revelation 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
The sound breaks the silence. That's where I get the idea to the contrary. :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rensai wrote: August 30th, 2017, 12:22 am The half hour is tricky, let me add more confusion to it by pointing out that in revelation 8, it says it is ABOUT half an hour, not exactly, so if a half hour is 20.5 years, about a half hour could be plus or minus 3-4 years or so (maybe making it go from 2000 to say sept 23rd 2017 for example :D ). Then you jump to D&C 88 and it leaves out the word ABOUT. Did someone make a mistake and leave the word ABOUT out of D&C 88 or is it even talking about the same event or what? #-o

As for what it means, I tend to agree, no trumps, but I think it also means no revelation to the world either for some reason (personal revelation is different). Its just a feeling or thought that stuck with me when studying it a while back.

Many people, especially before digital clocks were invented, reckon time to the nearest quarter hour. Meaning 22.5 to 37.5 minutes would be spoken of as half an hour.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

RAB wrote: August 28th, 2017, 1:23 pm So the half hour of silence has been referred to many times in preceding the second coming. But I have been trying to figure out what the half hour of silence actually is...and I accept most interpretations that it is a period of about 20.5 years.

Reading D&C 88 it seems to me that from verse 87 to 95 is one continuous event. What causes this event can be found in verse 93. There is a great sign in heaven and all people shall see it together at the same time. Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet. So if this object is large enough and comes very close to the earth you would get all the manifestations described in the previous verses. The waves would heave beyond bounds, mighty earthquakes, tempests, thundering, lightening, sun hiding its face and moon not giving light. It would be so destructive that men's hearts shall fail them and fear will come upon all people. I know I would have to change my underwear if I saw something like this. You would think the earth was about to meet its end. But then all of the sudden there is calm and quiet for the space of half an hour. Immediately, after this silence the face of the Lord is unveiled by the unfolding of the heavens as a scroll. Sounds like the earth will likely move as other scriptures talk about the stars falling and the heavens rolling up like a scroll. I think this is one powerful event. I also don't think this is the first time the earth has experienced this. We read of similar things happening in the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Noah's flood, the Exodus, Josiah's long day. In the Book of Mormon when the sun went down, but it was still as bright as noon day. What was lighting up the night sky? The destruction of the Nephites sounds very similar to what happens before the half hour of silence. After that destruction there was silence as well before they heard the voice of the Lord. Could this all be connected? Is there something out in our solar system that comes by every so often and causes havoc? Is it the planet that the people of Enoch live on? Or does the presence of the Lord cause all of this commotion? I am not a Niburu guy either, but something comes that scares the daylights out of everyone on the earth that is for sure. Just some thoughts I had as I read through these verses again. In D&C 88 I find it more clear that this is a single sequence of events all caused by the same thing we see as a sign in heaven.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Reading D&C 88 it seems to me that from verse 87 to 95 is one continuous event. What causes this event can be found in verse 93. There is a great sign in heaven and all people shall see it together at the same time. Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet. So if this object is large enough and comes very close to the earth you would get all the manifestations described in the previous verses. The waves would heave beyond bounds, mighty earthquakes, tempests, thundering, lightening, sun hiding its face and moon not giving light. It would be so destructive that men's hearts shall fail them and fear will come upon all people. I know I would have to change my underwear if I saw something like this. You would think the earth was about to meet its end. But then all of the sudden there is calm and quiet for the space of half an hour. Immediately, after this silence the face of the Lord is unveiled by the unfolding of the heavens as a scroll. Sounds like the earth will likely move as other scriptures talk about the stars falling and the heavens rolling up like a scroll. I think this is one powerful event. I also don't think this is the first time the earth has experienced this. We read of similar things happening in the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Noah's flood, the Exodus, Josiah's long day. In the Book of Mormon when the sun went down, but it was still as bright as noon day. What was lighting up the night sky? The destruction of the Nephites sounds very similar to what happens before the half hour of silence. After that destruction there was silence as well before they heard the voice of the Lord. Could this all be connected? Is there something out in our solar system that comes by every so often and causes havoc? Is it the planet that the people of Enoch live on? Or does the presence of the Lord cause all of this commotion? I am not a Niburu guy either, but something comes that scares the daylights out of everyone on the earth that is for sure. Just some thoughts I had as I read through these verses again. In D&C 88 I find it more clear that this is a single sequence of events all caused by the same thing we see as a sign in heaven.
Here is another quote of Joseph Smith regarding the grand sign.

The dawning of the morning makes its appearance in the east and moves along gradually, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. It will be small at its first appearance and gradually becomes larger until every eye shall see it….the wicked…attribute it to a natural cause. They will probably suppose it is two great comets coming in contact with each other.3

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:00 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet.
When the Lord comes He will be bringing His throne with him. His throne isn't like the thrones of men, but is a planet-sized monstrosity. It won't be a planet or a comet, but will be a brown dwarf which will capture Earth. It is the celestial object that "gave birth" to the Earth. During the Fall of Adam, our planet "fell" from its original orbit around the brown dwarf. Earth will be redeemed from its fall and be put back into the atmosphere of its mother planet, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have characteristics of planets, comets and stars. They are in a category all their own. This particular brown dwarf will be discharging in glory and thus will have "wings" out its sides, hence the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings:
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. (Malachi 4:2)
But despite what others might think, this isn't the only celestial body that will be entering the solar system during the end times. There will be many other objects that enter prior to the Lord's entrance, and these other objects will cause the skies to "wake up" and play out a theatrical story before our eyes, on the stage of the solar system.
Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:00 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet.
When the Lord comes He will be bringing His throne with him. His throne isn't like the thrones of men, but is a planet-sized monstrosity. It won't be a planet or a comet, but will be a brown dwarf which will capture Earth. It is the celestial object that "gave birth" to the Earth. During the Fall of Adam, our planet "fell" from its original orbit around the brown dwarf. Earth will be redeemed from its fall and be put back into the atmosphere of its mother planet, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have characteristics of planets, comets and stars. They are in a category all their own. This particular brown dwarf will be discharging in glory and thus will have "wings" out its sides, hence the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings:
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. (Malachi 4:2)
But despite what others might think, this isn't the only celestial body that will be entering the solar system during the end times. There will be many other objects that enter prior to the Lord's entrance, and these other objects will cause the skies to "wake up" and play out a theatrical story before our eyes, on the stage of the solar system.
Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?
Here here - I'm truly enjoying your posts LDSAnarchist (though your handle makes me wonder if you realize we are heading towards an LDSMonarchy lead by the Josephite as you refer to him.)

As I was pondering on the destiny of Earth, I saw in my mind's eye that this planet is Michael's abode - his throne. As he ascends this planet and those who ascend with him to their greater capacities will use this world as their base of operations. As he becomes a Heavenly Father himself (sorry Adam God Doctrine folks) this planet will then become his planet-sized throne. :)