Half hour of Silence

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Ezekiel
captain of 100

Re: Half hour of Silence

Post by Ezekiel »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:00 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet.
When the Lord comes He will be bringing His throne with him. His throne isn't like the thrones of men, but is a planet-sized monstrosity. It won't be a planet or a comet, but will be a brown dwarf which will capture Earth. It is the celestial object that "gave birth" to the Earth. During the Fall of Adam, our planet "fell" from its original orbit around the brown dwarf. Earth will be redeemed from its fall and be put back into the atmosphere of its mother planet, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have characteristics of planets, comets and stars. They are in a category all their own. This particular brown dwarf will be discharging in glory and thus will have "wings" out its sides, hence the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings:
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. (Malachi 4:2)
But despite what others might think, this isn't the only celestial body that will be entering the solar system during the end times. There will be many other objects that enter prior to the Lord's entrance, and these other objects will cause the skies to "wake up" and play out a theatrical story before our eyes, on the stage of the solar system.
Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?
I've always been curious about these things myself. Ever since I was a child I've always found great interest in astronomy.

When I read about events like the day and a night and a day in the BOM (among other great signs like those) I can't help to think what would cause a phenomenon like that to occur. I'm not a die hard planet x/nibiru person at all. However this stuff does get you thinking about the cosmos, their laws, rotations, and the vast amount of information we don't know. The more I learn about these scriptures, the more and more preconceptions I tend to throw out the window.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?
I never read Velikovsky, although I am quite familiar with the Thunderbolts gang, as well as with James M. McCanney, and all their theories on plasma cosmology. Also, I am familiar with Anthony E. Larson's teachings (given he has contributed to my blog.) So, I know about catastrophism and plasma cosmology and plasma mythology, etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, plasma cosmology, plasma mythology and catastrophism fit the scriptures. It's a perfect match. So I have certainly drawn from them. As for the scriptures, sure there are scriptures that support all of this, but I'm not going to go into all of them because nothing is spelled out concretely, so if I say, "This is talking about that," someone else will say, "Well I think it's talking about this other thing." And so it goes. So, for example, Isaiah says:
Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth. (Isaiah 63:1-6)
And people will immediately say that that's talking about Jesus Christ during His second coming, in which His garments are dyed red. And that's certainly true, but it is also true that this scripture applies to His very throne, which will be coming "from Edom and Bozrah," glorious (discharging plasma), traveling in "greatness of strength" and "red in apparel," and which will, by its fiery brightness, destroy the wicked. Brown dwarfs are red and when they discharge in this fashion, this description is a fit. So, these scriptures apply both to the Lord and His throne. But a person will only understand this as applying to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up, that is.) Just as Malachi's words about "the Sun of righteousness" are only applied to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up.) Just as the parable of the 10 virgins will have people applying the meaning of the Bridegroom to the Lord Himself, instead of to the brown dwarf entering this solar system, and the 10 virgins will never be understood as being discharging comets, 5 of which cease discharging and leave the path of capture, while the other 5 comets continue on the path of capture, continue discharging and then "enter the wedding" (are captured.) Nobody understands that when God says in D&C that "any man who hath seen any or the least of these [planets/stars/moons/celestial objects] hath seen God moving in his majesty and power," that this means we should apply the scriptures that speak of God to the celestial objects, as well. (In fact, it's the primary application that should be made to all the parables.)

None of this stuff, and all the rest, is understood by many people. It's there in black and white, but we are all looking downward presently, towards earth, and not up at the skies. And besides, the skies are sleeping at the present time, so even those who look up don't see much. But at some point the Josephite will "wake up" the skies and they will go through their theatrical play, and then people will fully understand that all these scriptures are speaking of things that will happen in the solar system above our heads.

Lastly, it may be that Saturn was the planet that gave birth to us, as the others believe. That is certainly a possibility. But we will not be captured by Saturn. We will be captured by the brown dwarf, which might be called the planet Jehovah. (Saturn is more like the planet Elohim.) For this reason, it seems more logical that we came from the brown dwarf and not from Saturn, because this is a restoration, meaning the reconnecting of the fallen apple back to its mother tree. So, the fact that the brown dwarf will capture us, and not Saturn, suggests that that is the actual mother planet of Earth.
What are your thoughts regarding the Sept. 23, 2017 sign mentioned in Revelations 12?

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Post by Ezekiel »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm ...And that's certainly true, but it is also true that this scripture applies to His very throne, which will be coming "from Edom and Bozrah," glorious (discharging plasma), traveling in "greatness of strength" and "red in apparel," and which will, by its fiery brightness, destroy the wicked. Brown dwarfs are red and when they discharge in this fashion, this description is a fit. So, these scriptures apply both to the Lord and His throne. But a person will only understand this as applying to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up, that is.) Just as Malachi's words about "the Sun of righteousness" are only applied to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up.) Just as the parable of the 10 virgins will have people applying the meaning of the Bridegroom to the Lord Himself, instead of to the brown dwarf entering this solar system, and the 10 virgins will never be understood as being discharging comets, 5 of which cease discharging and leave the path of capture, while the other 5 comets continue on the path of capture, continue discharging and then "enter the wedding" (are captured.) Nobody understands that when God says in D&C that "any man who hath seen any or the least of these [planets/stars/moons/celestial objects] hath seen God moving in his majesty and power," that this means we should apply the scriptures that speak of God to the celestial objects, as well. (In fact, it's the primary application that should be made to all the parables.)...
What are your thoughts of what you mentioned regarding the "red" brown dwarf and the comets thereof in relation to these verses from Revelation?
Revelation 12:3-4 wrote: 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Ezekiel
captain of 100

Post by Ezekiel »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 6:27 pm
Ezekiel wrote: August 30th, 2017, 6:06 pm What are your thoughts of what you mentioned regarding the "red" brown dwarf and the comets thereof in relation to these verses from Revelation?
Revelation 12:3-4 wrote: 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
The brown dwarf comes at the very end. Prior to its appearance, there are three other groups of celestial objects that enter our solar system. The dragon "acts" of the "celestial play" occur prior to the entrance of the brown dwarf, and therefore other celestial "actors" play these parts. For more information on all the various objects that will enter the solar system and do stuff, see the following post:

The Parable of the Redemption of Zion (D&C 101: 43-62), Take Two: a Purely Planetary/Plasma Interpretation
https://ldsanarchy.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... pretation/
That was an extremely interesting read. Perhaps this could be alluding to or could help lend credence as to why the first sign given in Revelation 12 is considered a "great sign". Just the preciseness of the celestial alignments alone that occur on September 23rd are pretty spectacular in that regard (in my opinion). However the question stands, will this be - or be apart of what will make this sign "great" as opposed to other signs and miracles that are found in the Bible and Book of Mormon? Even the day and night and day that the Nephites witnessed as I recall was not labeled a "great sign". If I personally witnessed that I would think that would be great, however it was not written as so.

Surely this must be singular and epic beyond comprehension. Thoughts?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

alaris wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:36 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 3:33 pm Joseph Smith had said that when the sign of the Son of Man is seen many will say it is a comet or a planet.
When the Lord comes He will be bringing His throne with him. His throne isn't like the thrones of men, but is a planet-sized monstrosity. It won't be a planet or a comet, but will be a brown dwarf which will capture Earth. It is the celestial object that "gave birth" to the Earth. During the Fall of Adam, our planet "fell" from its original orbit around the brown dwarf. Earth will be redeemed from its fall and be put back into the atmosphere of its mother planet, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have characteristics of planets, comets and stars. They are in a category all their own. This particular brown dwarf will be discharging in glory and thus will have "wings" out its sides, hence the Sun of righteousness arising with healing in His wings:
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. (Malachi 4:2)
But despite what others might think, this isn't the only celestial body that will be entering the solar system during the end times. There will be many other objects that enter prior to the Lord's entrance, and these other objects will cause the skies to "wake up" and play out a theatrical story before our eyes, on the stage of the solar system.
Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?
Here here - I'm truly enjoying your posts LDSAnarchist (though your handle makes me wonder if you realize we are heading towards an LDSMonarchy lead by the Josephite as you refer to him.)

As I was pondering on the destiny of Earth, I saw in my mind's eye that this planet is Michael's abode - his throne. As he ascends this planet and those who ascend with him to their greater capacities will use this world as their base of operations. As he becomes a Heavenly Father himself (sorry Adam God Doctrine folks) this planet will then become his planet-sized throne. :)
So earth will become a brown dwarf and begin giving birth to other planet earths?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm Did you come to these conclusion all on your own? Is there any scripture or historical records to back up these theories? I find them quite interesting not impossible as I do follow the electric universe model quite closely. Your brown dwarf theory is similar to Wallace Thornhill's Proto-Saturn theory. Immanuel Velikovsky?
I never read Velikovsky, although I am quite familiar with the Thunderbolts gang, as well as with James M. McCanney, and all their theories on plasma cosmology. Also, I am familiar with Anthony E. Larson's teachings (given he has contributed to my blog.) So, I know about catastrophism and plasma cosmology and plasma mythology, etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, plasma cosmology, plasma mythology and catastrophism fit the scriptures. It's a perfect match. So I have certainly drawn from them. As for the scriptures, sure there are scriptures that support all of this, but I'm not going to go into all of them because nothing is spelled out concretely, so if I say, "This is talking about that," someone else will say, "Well I think it's talking about this other thing." And so it goes. So, for example, Isaiah says:
Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth. (Isaiah 63:1-6)
And people will immediately say that that's talking about Jesus Christ during His second coming, in which His garments are dyed red. And that's certainly true, but it is also true that this scripture applies to His very throne, which will be coming "from Edom and Bozrah," glorious (discharging plasma), traveling in "greatness of strength" and "red in apparel," and which will, by its fiery brightness, destroy the wicked. Brown dwarfs are red and when they discharge in this fashion, this description is a fit. So, these scriptures apply both to the Lord and His throne. But a person will only understand this as applying to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up, that is.) Just as Malachi's words about "the Sun of righteousness" are only applied to the Lord Himself (until the brown dwarf shows up.) Just as the parable of the 10 virgins will have people applying the meaning of the Bridegroom to the Lord Himself, instead of to the brown dwarf entering this solar system, and the 10 virgins will never be understood as being discharging comets, 5 of which cease discharging and leave the path of capture, while the other 5 comets continue on the path of capture, continue discharging and then "enter the wedding" (are captured.) Nobody understands that when God says in D&C that "any man who hath seen any or the least of these [planets/stars/moons/celestial objects] hath seen God moving in his majesty and power," that this means we should apply the scriptures that speak of God to the celestial objects, as well. (In fact, it's the primary application that should be made to all the parables.)

None of this stuff, and all the rest, is understood by many people. It's there in black and white, but we are all looking downward presently, towards earth, and not up at the skies. And besides, the skies are sleeping at the present time, so even those who look up don't see much. But at some point the Josephite will "wake up" the skies and they will go through their theatrical play, and then people will fully understand that all these scriptures are speaking of things that will happen in the solar system above our heads.

Lastly, it may be that Saturn was the planet that gave birth to us, as the others believe. That is certainly a possibility. But we will not be captured by Saturn. We will be captured by the brown dwarf, which might be called the planet Jehovah. (Saturn is more like the planet Elohim.) For this reason, it seems more logical that we came from the brown dwarf and not from Saturn, because this is a restoration, meaning the reconnecting of the fallen apple back to its mother tree. So, the fact that the brown dwarf will capture us, and not Saturn, suggests that that is the actual mother planet of Earth.
Okay who is this Josephite?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 8:34 pm
alaris wrote: August 30th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Here here - I'm truly enjoying your posts LDSAnarchist (though your handle makes me wonder if you realize we are heading towards an LDSMonarchy lead by the Josephite as you refer to him.)

As I was pondering on the destiny of Earth, I saw in my mind's eye that this planet is Michael's abode - his throne. As he ascends this planet and those who ascend with him to their greater capacities will use this world as their base of operations. As he becomes a Heavenly Father himself (sorry Adam God Doctrine folks) this planet will then become his planet-sized throne. :)
So earth will become a brown dwarf and begin giving birth to other planet earths?
At some point the earth becomes the center of a new galaxy or at least positioned there to yes... Beget other earths. Whether that happens at the father level or son level I used to think Father though now I'm wondering if it's the Son level.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Alaris wrote:
The sound breaks the silence. That's where I get the idea to the contrary. :)

Ok, now I understand where you’re coming form…. Crazy how different folks can come up with such different interpretations of the same passages…..

:) In the fall of 2020 when the Bridegroom comes we will all get a much better understanding of how things move forward from that point on... The most important thing we can get form all of our discussion on this subject is to be prepared. We won't get a second shot at it and those who think it is still far off and make no preparations will be very surprised.... :)

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 30th, 2017, 8:46 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm Okay who is this Josephite?
Nobody knows. Well, nobody mortal knows.
So is Kolob the brown dwarf?

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

LDSAnarchist, I follow Wal Thornhill and Dave Talbot, so I found your plasma interpretation of LDS scripture very fascinating! However, I don't fathom why you believe the entirety of that parable must lie in the future, when we have myth pointing to certain things already having happened, like the Great Tree of Norse legend (think Thor and Odin) and the incredible plasma events recorded in petroglyphs and stylized into grand Greek and Roman gods? Aren't these evidence to the electric universe believer that such battles of the gods already have taken place?

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

RAB wrote: August 28th, 2017, 1:23 pm So the half hour of silence has been referred to many times in preceding the second coming. But I have been trying to figure out what the half hour of silence actually is...and I accept most interpretations that it is a period of about 20.5 years.

We read in Revelation 8:1, "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

Immediately preceding the opening of the seventh seal, in Revelation 7 we learn of all the people who have accepted Christ and been made clean through the blood of the Lamb, and that the 144,000 (12,000 from each tribe) who are called to work in the vineyard. Of those who accept the gospel, we read "Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple, and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more, neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them and shall lead them unto living waters; and God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes." Revelation 7: 15-17. This passage seems to be talking about Zion, the New Jerusalem, because that is where Christ will dwell among his people. Then in Revelation 8, we get the opening of the 7th seal, a half hour of silence, and then trumps and bad stuff starts happening.

We read in D&C 88: 95, "And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;"

Immediately preceding verse 95, we learn that angels are crying with a loud voice and sounding a trump of God to prepare for God's judgments are coming and the Bridegroom cometh. Then there is a great sign in heaven, and another trump that says the great church, the mother of abominations that persecuteth the saints is bound and ready to be burned. Then the silence comes for half an hour. Afterwards, the Lord is unveiled, the faithful are caught up to meet him and descend with him.

So it seems the silence is referring to no trumps being sounded between the time the New Jerusalem is established and the great church falls, and Christ comes in His glory to all the earth. In other words, after the great sign in heaven, and the 12 tribes have been gathering folks into the fold for 20 years, only then will the great tribulations begin found in Revelations 8 followed up by Christ's coming in glory.

Have I got that right? Does anyone else understand what the half hour of silence is?
I like what you said about the contrast between the noise of the trumps and the half hour of silence. I was very curious about this, so I went to the scriptured and followed the footnotes from "silence." Elsewhere the angels are silent in sorrow for the great wickedness on the earth. It's a mood in heaven of godly sorrow, the weeping God, because of the gross wickedness and bloodshed of the people. I don't think it represents silence from revelation to the righteous, or a lack of angelic help, just a period of mourning in heaven and in earth. That's what came through to me while I read the scriptures and compared those two versed about angels and silence. I'm so interested reading the interpretations of others, too. I think expounding scriptures to each other is one form of missionary work.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rensai wrote: August 30th, 2017, 12:22 am The half hour is tricky, let me add more confusion to it by pointing out that in revelation 8, it says it is ABOUT half an hour, not exactly, so if a half hour is 20.5 years, about a half hour could be plus or minus 3-4 years or so (maybe making it go from 2000 to say sept 23rd 2017 for example :D ). Then you jump to D&C 88 and it leaves out the word ABOUT. Did someone make a mistake and leave the word ABOUT out of D&C 88 or is it even talking about the same event or what? #-o

As for what it means, I tend to agree, no trumps, but I think it also means no revelation to the world either for some reason (personal revelation is different). Its just a feeling or thought that stuck with me when studying it a while back.
Good :?: s, all.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durati ... &i2=0&s2=0
To: Saturday, August 12, 2045 at 12:00:00 noon
Result: ... Or 21 years, 4 months, 4 days excluding the end date.

Imageclick to enlarge

The image shows a repeating cycle of approximately the calculated duration, with another beginning on March 30th, 2052.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 27th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Rensai wrote: August 30th, 2017, 12:22 am The half hour is tricky, let me add more confusion to it by pointing out that in revelation 8, it says it is ABOUT half an hour, not exactly, so if a half hour is 20.5 years, about a half hour could be plus or minus 3-4 years or so (maybe making it go from 2000 to say sept 23rd 2017 for example :D ). Then you jump to D&C 88 and it leaves out the word ABOUT. Did someone make a mistake and leave the word ABOUT out of D&C 88 or is it even talking about the same event or what? #-o

As for what it means, I tend to agree, no trumps, but I think it also means no revelation to the world either for some reason (personal revelation is different). Its just a feeling or thought that stuck with me when studying it a while back.

Imageclick to enlarge

The image shows a repeating cycle of approximately the calculated duration, with another beginning on March 30th, 2052.
I miss Rensai's thoughtful posts.

Apparently the original D&C 88 did not have "about" in its prophecy:

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... 881-126/11

The original Greek for Revelation 8:1 is interesting as "about a half an hour" may be better interpreted "as half an hour" or "as long as a half an hour"

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/8-1.htm

https://biblehub.com/greek/5613.htm

So, the D&C version may indeed be more accurate to the original greek than the KJV!

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

What does “silence” mean? The natural implication is an unprecedented scarcity of a certain sound, in the heaven. No one draws upon the Old Testament quite like John.

I notice people have ackowledged the critical term “about” half an hour. My limited understanding of Greek seems to corroborate this; not to mention that nearly every major Bible translation, who often disagree, do in fact agree unanimously regarding this crucial preposition.

20.something = the precise calculation, based on our calendar? Don’t know about “20”, but I know “22” holds a special significance in the Occult, and have heard “23” as well as “33” as being called the “definitive Illuminati numbers”.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

I think it is important to take D&C 77 into consideration when understanding these events. D&C 77 tells us that all the events of Revelation 7 are to occur during the 6th seal. Chapters 8-11 occur during the 7th seal before Christ's coming.

Regarding the silence in heaven, here is a verse that may refer to it:

D&C 38:8-12
8 But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day.
9 Wherefore, gird up your loins and be prepared. Behold, the kingdom is yours, and the enemy shall not overcome.
10 Verily I say unto you, ye are clean, but not all; and there is none else with whom I am well pleased;
11 For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven—
12 Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Alaris wrote: December 27th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Imageclick to enlarge

The original Greek for Revelation 8:1 is interesting as "about a half an hour" may be better interpreted "as half an hour" or "as long as a half an hour"

So, the D&C version may indeed be more accurate to the original greek than the KJV!
What is the Josephite you guys were talking about with ldsanarchy? I can't find anything in the scriptures about it...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: December 27th, 2018, 9:28 pm
Alaris wrote: December 27th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Imageclick to enlarge

What is the Josephite you guys were talking about with ldsanarchy? I can't find anything in the scriptures about it...
Ldsanarchist rage quit LDSFF and deleted all his posts after starting a thread on the Davidic Servant being Jesus Christ wherein he cited a times and seasons article that ended up clearly showing Joseph Smith and his contemporaries believed in a mortal Davidic King subject to Jesus Christ. #backfired Coincidentally I just wrote about that times and seasons article on my blog.

Anyway, josephite was the term Ldsanarchist used as he had particular ideas on the end times Elias, the precursor to Jesus Christ. He had certain ideas on the name and how there would be a name heritage.

The only scriptural precedent I could give you is D&C 113 that refer to the rod and root of Jesse being descendants of Jesse and Ephraim / Joseph.

Of course there is the Messiah Ben Joseph verses messiah Ben David which is a Jewish belief, so I'm not sure how much scriptural precedent there is other than there being birthrights in both Judah and Joseph.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

No violent tornadoes anywhere in the USA in 2018. A first since recorded records were kept. A gift from God. A half hour of silence.