Who believes that the Second Coming is close?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: Who believes that the Second Coming is close?

Post by Spaced_Out »

lundbaek wrote: August 25th, 2017, 10:34 am In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.” And in Section 21 we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says: “Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” So if our calendar is accurate and it apparently was approved by the Lord, I have no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven. It will commence in the year 2000 AD .

It seems to me (for now at least) that the half hour of silence is 20+ years beginning at 2,000 A.D. when the seventh seal is opened. And since we know from a modern revelation that the half hour of silence ends with the Second Coming, my best guesstimate puts the Second Coming between 2020 & 2021. I'm not holding my breath.
Not one of the events of the 6th seal has occured yet - so you are way out. The 6th seal ends in 2033. The silence in heaven is silence from extra terrestrial influences. The 6th seal starts with meteorite bombardment _Like fig tree shaken by a mighty wind" there must be at least 15 references to it in the scriptures. The 7th seal is the final destruction by metorites 1/3 of the earth is burnt all things in the sea dies.
The purpose of the silence from the 'heavens' {note not silence on earth - there will be no silence on earth once the events of the 6th seal open}, is for the 144k to finish preaching the word to all the nations prior to the second coming.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

I am not going to claim any specific year. But with the war on cops and with prominent people ramping up their "good is evil" campaign, we are in an increasingly unstable situation regarding modern society. The decay is accelerating, and all I can say is that terrible times are coming, faster than many of us would have previously thought possible. Cities could become like Jacobugath in a very short time.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

friendsofthe wrote: August 18th, 2017, 11:18 pm Wow, when I started this thread this morning I had no idea so many would respond. Thanks to one and all for voicing your views. It was fun reading what I consider to be a pretty divers set of opinions.

I’m going to say that on average the members of this forum think the Second Coming is a ways off still. I also think that forum members tend to be more watchful and involved upon this topic than most the people in my home ward and stake.

I’m going to suppose that I have just about the shortest view time wise of anyone on this forum. If you’ve read my recent blogs you know what I’m talking about. I’m somewhat hesitant to just come right out and give you my timeline without all of the supporting scriptural justification…. But, going to do it anyway.

As many of you know, I think we are in the 42 months. I believe it started last fall around election time. I think we are in the countdown to major destruction in the spring of 2020. By major destruction I mean a nuclear WWIII. This will be the burning of the whore (globalists) by the beast (communist nations). Given what we hear in the news it looks more likely every day. Please read The Beast and the Whore for more details.
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-beast-and-the-whore/

Obviously, such and event would bring America to its knees over night. Then we would see Orson Pratt’s prophecy fulfilled where he said:
“Well then, to return to the prophesying, when the time shall come that the Lord shall waste away this nation, he will give commandment to this people to return and possess their own inheritance which they purchased some forty-four years ago in the state of Missouri”. (Gerald N. Lund, The Coming of the Lord ,110.)
When we return Jackson County we shall fulfill the scriptural mandate “Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him”. So there’s my timeline, sweet and simple. Oh, and very near in the future!

WWIII = spring of 2020.
Trek back to Jackson County = summer of 2020.
Coming of the Bridegroom = fall of 2020.
I don't know about the timeline, but the tribulations, the destruction, and the desolation are at a point where they can happen, with the kind of open and encouraged wickedness that is nowhat occurring. It wouldn't take much to have entire cities and much of the nation turned against Christianity, or against the church, just given the toxic political climate we live in where the need is now felt to punish anyone who may have voted for the current president. If they know that they can turn people against a politician or a portion of the country, just connect the dots as to who else could be sold to the political interests as worthy of "punishment". The government of the Nephites was destroyed almost instantly following the Governor's death. Almost all cities in the Americas were destroyed and covered with darkness in but a few hours, and it came suddenly. The more I have seen, the more I have come to realize that the abomination of desolation could happen quickly, at anytime.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Benjamin_LK wrote: August 27th, 2017, 11:13 am I don't know about the timeline, but the tribulations, the destruction, and the desolation are at a point where they can happen, with the kind of open and encouraged wickedness that is nowhat occurring. It wouldn't take much to have entire cities and much of the nation turned against Christianity, or against the church, just given the toxic political climate we live in where the need is now felt to punish anyone who may have voted for the current president. If they know that they can turn people against a politician or a portion of the country, just connect the dots as to who else could be sold to the political interests as worthy of "punishment". The government of the Nephites was destroyed almost instantly following the Governor's death. Almost all cities in the Americas were destroyed and covered with darkness in but a few hours, and it came suddenly. The more I have seen, the more I have come to realize that the abomination of desolation could happen quickly, at anytime.
Very true... The scriptures are full of examples of rapid destruction. Modern day revelation specifically states it comes speedily like a whirlwind. Few quick scriptures, and it comes long before the second coming.
Doctrine and Covenants 63:6 Wherefore, verily I say, let the wicked take heed, and let the rebellious bfear and tremble; and let the unbelieving hold their lips, for the day of wrath shall come upon them as a whirlwind, and all flesh shall know that I am God.

Doctrine and Covenants 112:24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

Doctrine and Covenants 97:22 For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it?
As to desolation of abominations has been defined by the prophets as nuclear holocaust, which matches scriptural accounts very accurately (Matt 24).
Once the global economy fails then people will let out all the anger and hatred that has been preached in the media and universities etc... The church will be forced to withdraw all missionaries, as in every economy that has failed across the world - missionaries had to be withdrawn, it will also be impossible to keep missionaries in the field without financial systems working. Not long after that the destruction's from natural disasters start.

Note vs 87 of D&C 88 has the same events given at the opening of the 6th seal (Revelation 12) the events start after the missionaries are withdrawn. There is no way the economy can continue for very long - good chance that things can completely fall apart by Nov 2017, at most another 18months. If I was a betting man I would put money on October 2017 for collapse.
87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.
94 And another angel shall sound his trump, saying: That great church, the mother of abominations, that made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, that persecuteth the saints of God, that shed their blood—she who sitteth upon many waters, and upon the islands of the sea—behold, she is the tares of the earth; she is bound in bundles; her bands are made strong, no man can loose them; therefore, she is ready to be burned. And he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it.

frankcastle
captain of 10

Post by frankcastle »

Spaced_Out wrote: August 27th, 2017, 11:53 pm
Note vs 87 of D&C 88 has the same events given at the opening of the 6th seal (Revelation 12) the events start after the missionaries are withdrawn. There is no way the economy can continue for very long - good chance that things can completely fall apart by Nov 2017, at most another 18months. If I was a betting man I would put money on October 2017 for collapse.
Seems like someone has been predicting a financial collapse every October for as long as I have been paying attention to this stuff. Last year it was supposed to happen for sure. One example:
9. October 10, 2016 (Monday, Columbus Day) – A few days after the October 1-2 LDS General Conference, possibly a U.S. bank “too big to fail” may collapse due to natural disasters, plagues, economic turmoil, and possibly a default in the derivatives market; perhaps media headlines; assumed date is from Gayle Smith’s significant dates of October 10th and 29th; she said the economic collapse will occur in an election year [2016]. Brandon Smith at www.alt-market.com stated that in 1988 the financial magazine The Economist published an article titled “Get Ready for a World Currency by 2018”. To achieve global centralization by 2018, the elites would need a serious crisis soon in order to provide the proper collective panic required to generate public consent for global economic governance in four years’ time.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RO ... BqThU/edit

Before that, Jonathan Cahn and others were sure the Shemitah 2015 would be the beginning of a financial collapse.
Last edited by frankcastle on August 28th, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

frankcastle wrote: August 28th, 2017, 10:08 am
Seems like someone has been predicting a financial collapse every October for as long as I have been paying attention to this stuff. Last year it was supposed to happen for sure. One example:
9. October 10, 2016 (Monday, Columbus Day) – A few days after the October 1-2 LDS General Conference, possibly a U.S. bank “too big to fail” may collapse due to natural disasters, plagues, economic turmoil, and possibly a default in the derivatives market; perhaps media headlines; assumed date is from Gayle Smith’s significant dates of October 10th and 29th; she said the economic collapse will occur in an election year [2016]. Brandon Smith at www.alt-market.com stated that in 1988 the financial magazine The Economist published an article titled “Get Ready for a World Currency by 2018”. To achieve global centralization by 2018, the elites would need a serious crisis soon in order to provide the proper collective panic required to generate public consent for global economic governance in four years’ time.
People continue to amaze me with their “predictions.” We have decades until this happens :).

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Z2100 wrote: August 28th, 2017, 10:11 am
People continue to amaze me with their “predictions.” We have decades until this happens :).
No chance the economy can last much longer. US debt over $20T and rising - there is an end game and it is coming fast. Many have seen it in vision and the real world events on the ground point to imminent disaster.

When The Butterfly Flaps Its Wings...A lot can happen when a faraway butterfly flaps its wings and sets a slight current of air in motion.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... -its-wings

US Debt Ceiling, The Wall, Runaway Spending, & The Lack Of Evidence Of Concern... So Far
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... ern-so-far

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The rumours of war are at the doorstep, those in Huston worst storm ever recorded for that area are getting a taste of what is shortly to come.
If you were in Japan Yesterday and the warning sirens go off telling you to enter hardened structures or bunkers - would you guys still be saying noting is going to happen.

North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Over Japan; S.Korea Military Raising Alert
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... recautions
Early on Tuesday morning, North Korea fired a missile that flew over Japan and landed in the Pacific waters off the northern region of Hokkaido, South Korea and Japan said, in what Reuters called "a sharp escalation of tensions on the Korean peninsula." The last North Korean projectile to fly in Japanese airspace was in 2009, which North Korea claimed was a communications satellite into orbit but the US and other nations suspected was a ballistic missile test. Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported the missile broke into three pieces and fell into the waters off Hokkaido.

The missile was launched from the Sunan region near the North Korean capital Pyongyang around 6 a.m. local time and flew 2,700 km (1,678 miles), reaching the altitude of about 550 km.

Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said the North Korean missile fell into the sea 1,180 km (733 miles) east of the Cape of Erimo on Hokkaido. Suga called the flight "an unprecedented, serious and grave threat to our nation,” adding the government had protested the move in the strongest terms and said the launch "was a clear violation of United Nations resolutions" and Japan will work closely with the United States, South Korea and other concerned nations on a response.

The Japanese government’s J-Alert warning system advised people in the area to take precautions, urging citizens to take refuge in solid buildings or underground shelters. The Japanese military did not attempt to shoot down the missile, which passed over Japanese territory around 6:06 a.m. time (2106 GMT).

According to Reuters, "the launch marks a sharp escalation in tensions over Pyongyang's pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles in defiance of U.N. sanctions.
"

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

lundbaek wrote: August 25th, 2017, 10:34 am In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.” And in Section 21 we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says: “Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” So if our calendar is accurate and it apparently was approved by the Lord, I have no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven. It will commence in the year 2000 AD .

It seems to me (for now at least) that the half hour of silence is 20+ years beginning at 2,000 A.D. when the seventh seal is opened. And since we know from a modern revelation that the half hour of silence ends with the Second Coming, my best guesstimate puts the Second Coming between 2020 & 2021. I'm not holding my breath.
What about the Antichrist and the 3 1/2 of tribulations? There is no way we could build the New Jerusalem Temple in just a month or so. What about the preaching of the 144k and the trek to Zion. I really dont think there can be a truly valid argument for the Second Coming to be in 4 or 5 years.

You owe me $7003 when your predition fails :)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 28th, 2017, 10:00 pm

What about the Antichrist and the 3 1/2 of tribulations? There is no way we could build the New Jerusalem Temple in just a month or so. What about the preaching of the 144k and the trek to Zion. I really dont think there can be a truly valid argument for the Second Coming to be in 4 or 5 years.

You owe me $7003 when your predition fails :)
The building of zion is a combination effort of angels and men. Something is going to scare off the wicked who may be sick and starving and bloodthirsty. An immense building in a short period of time would certainly fit that bill as well as serve as a beacon to those with faith.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

You just made a prediction. :-o

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 28th, 2017, 10:32 pm
You just made a prediction. :-o
I know Haha ;)

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Benjamin_LK wrote: August 27th, 2017, 11:13 am I don't know about the timeline, but the tribulations, the destruction, and the desolation are at a point where they can happen, with the kind of open and encouraged wickedness that is nowhat occurring. It wouldn't take much to have entire cities and much of the nation turned against Christianity, or against the church, just given the toxic political climate we live in where the need is now felt to punish anyone who may have voted for the current president. If they know that they can turn people against a politician or a portion of the country, just connect the dots as to who else could be sold to the political interests as worthy of "punishment". The government of the Nephites was destroyed almost instantly following the Governor's death. Almost all cities in the Americas were destroyed and covered with darkness in but a few hours, and it came suddenly. The more I have seen, the more I have come to realize that the abomination of desolation could happen quickly, at anytime.
Very true... The scriptures are full of examples of rapid destruction. Modern day revelation specifically states it comes speedily like a whirlwind. Few quick scriptures, and it comes long before the second coming.
Doctrine and Covenants 63:6 Wherefore, verily I say, let the wicked take heed, and let the rebellious bfear and tremble; and let the unbelieving hold their lips, for the day of wrath shall come upon them as a whirlwind, and all flesh shall know that I am God.

Doctrine and Covenants 112:24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

Doctrine and Covenants 97:22 For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it?
As to desolation of abominations has been defined by the prophets as nuclear holocaust, which matches scriptural accounts very accurately (Matt 24).
Once the global economy fails then people will let out all the anger and hatred that has been preached in the media and universities etc... The church will be forced to withdraw all missionaries, as in every economy that has failed across the world - missionaries had to be withdrawn, it will also be impossible to keep missionaries in the field without financial systems working. Not long after that the destruction's from natural disasters start.

87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.
94 And another angel shall sound his trump, saying: That great church, the mother of abominations, that made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, that persecuteth the saints of God, that shed their blood—she who sitteth upon many waters, and upon the islands of the sea—behold, she is the tares of the earth; she is bound in bundles; her bands are made strong, no man can loose them; therefore, she is ready to be burned. And he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it.
The economy might actually go for longer. I don't think 30 years but likely more than 2. The real kicker would be the demise of the Middle Class and increased poverty.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Benjamin_LK wrote: September 5th, 2017, 9:06 am The economy might actually go for longer. I don't think 30 years but likely more than 2. The real kicker would be the demise of the Middle Class and increased poverty.
The hurricanes, bush fires, and N.Korea will put a spanner in the works of the manipulated economy, that is only held up by central bank interference.