Deleted

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: North Korea and their missle launches

Post by davedan »

US Missile Defense (however limited) could easily knock down one or a few NK missiles. The bluster by the media is because "the super entity" wants war between the US and NK which they hope escalates out of control.

They are hoping Trump will not put up appeasing NK like so many previous POTUS. But in the end, war is just a big set up.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Last Friday on a local Salt Lake City on a local radio station, Joel Skousen said he believes the U.S. will act militarily against North Korea by September. Pres. Trump was just tweeting about China's lack of help on this topic in the ln the last day or so.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

davedan wrote: July 29th, 2017, 9:50 pm US Missile Defense (however limited) could easily knock down one or a few NK missiles. The bluster by the media is because "the super entity" wants war between the US and NK which they hope escalates out of control.

They are hoping Trump will not put up appeasing NK like so many previous POTUS. But in the end, war is just a big set up.
I agree with all of this. Honestly, NK isn't doing anything different. The media's reporting is what has changed. Well, that and how the POTUS reacts.

I'll say it again: we do not want war with North Korea where we are the aggressors (or on their soil). The amount of casualties and pure devastation would be utterly unimaginable. We don't 'win' that fight.

Don't worry too much about NK hitting the Continental US with missiles. As davedan mentioned, our missile defense would take care of that. We should really be beefing up our defense rather than thinly spreading out across the globe.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

It appears that we are now on the fast track to WWIII, “the abomination of desolation” which will bring great destruction upon the Gentiles and usher in the final sequence leading up to the Second Advent…. Bring it on! But on the other hand... :-ss :-ss :-ss :D

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

ICBM's are harder to shoot down than you may think...

Basically, the only reliable time you would have to shoot down an ICBM would be during or shortly after launch. There are countermeasures in place on most ICBMs that would prevent or reduce the likelihood that you could actually destroy the warhead in space. The window to hit the warhead on its reentry (but before impact) is very small, so it is almost impossible to nail correctly. Add in the fact that you would have to detect the launch and react almost immediately in order to destroy the ICBM, and you start to see how hard it is to just destroy one.

Now imagine dozens of these missiles launched at about the same time, each with countermeasures to prevent detonation, and you start to get the bigger picture.some would get through, and when an ICBM has a nuke or a MOAB set as the warhead, then you've got a big problem. Just one missile would cause a lot of devastation, able to level an entire city.
Last edited by Durzan on July 30th, 2017, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

We would know of a launch before the launch, hypothetically speaking, of course.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Can you blame NK? They don't want the beast in their country... Before 9/11 the central bank wasn't in; Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Syria....

2016 Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Syria

To them we are the attack dog for the beast.... The mark of the beast = any currency controlled by the central bank. This falls perfectly into Ezra eagle prophecy, if it is about our country. time will tell

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

kirtland r.m. wrote: July 29th, 2017, 11:00 pm Last Friday on a local Salt Lake City radio station, Joel Skousen said he believes the U.S. will act militarily against North Korea by September. Pres. Trump was just tweeting about China's lack of help on this topic in the ln the last day or so.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

CelestialAngel wrote: July 29th, 2017, 7:34 pm Reports are that North Korea has missiles that can reach Denver. What if it came up short and hit in Utah? Anyway there's threats of nuclear weapons in the news right now and I always assumed nuclear weapons launched would be how the end of times would come in. The question we have to know is what would China and Russia do if NK bombs us and we retaliate in force. Too many nukes launched can destroy the climate.
David Warwick said that in his visions NK was the start of some serious tribulations. Very interesting indeed. Maybe there are some credible dreamers after all.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

An EMP would be devastating to the US. It would cause way more damage and deaths than a single city targeted with a nuke.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

It is confirmed that North Korea has a silent sub whereby they can arm and fire a nuclear missile off the coast of the USA, hitting anywhere.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

KurtTheMormon wrote: July 31st, 2017, 5:24 pm It is confirmed that North Korea has a silent sub whereby they can arm and fire a nuclear missile off the coast of the USA, hitting anywhere.
Where are you getting this intel?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Revelations 18:6-11 (Really the whole chapter is worth reading.) I understand this is how America/Babylon, as we know it, ends. Definitely fire involved. One of the points that stands out is that it happens in "an hour." Very quickly.

"6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:"

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Lets see what the scriptures have to say about this.

8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.
9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.
10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.
11 And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God—that ye may repent, and not continue in your iniquities until the fulness come, that ye may not bring down the fulness of the wrath of God upon you as the inhabitants of the land have hitherto done.
12 Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.

Although this land is becoming very wicked. I don't believe we are near the ripened in iniquity phase yet. So as of now I believe we are still protected by the Lord. I still know to many wonderful people. When the Nephites were killed there were maybe 10 good people left. In my neighborhood alone there are hundreds of good people.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Well, I dont think it will be any "ONE" thing, but a combination of things. Yes an EMP would be far more devastating than a nuke against one city. With one city gone, we could recover relatively easy. To do real damage, many multiple cities would have to be wiped out. That is something that seems rather highly unlikely unless there were more countries involved than just NK. But we do know that there will be fire involved, whether that entails nukes, MOABS, fuel/air bombs or some more exotic weapons, doesn't really matter. End result = fire burns the wicked. I just hope I can fit whatever category Jesus in mercy will grant me.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Irrelevant wrote: July 31st, 2017, 8:13 pm
KurtTheMormon wrote: July 31st, 2017, 5:24 pm It is confirmed that North Korea has a silent sub whereby they can arm and fire a nuclear missile off the coast of the USA, hitting anywhere.
I would also like to know. The Chinese have some very quiet diesel electric subs, but they are only quiet while depleting their batteries. I have a hard time believing that North Korea could compete with the Chinese level of sound or build their own nuclear powered sub, so either SOSUS is no longer working or we should be able to observe the signature of that submarine crossing the Pacific.

And the North Koreans have managed to detonate a few crude nukes, but that doesn't mean they have refined development enough to mount a warhead on a missile. However, when they do, ICBMs aren't what will concern me. If the North Koreans can gain control of a regularly scheduled freighter crossing the Pacific and get a launcher into something disguised as two or four standard, 40 foot long intermodal shipping containers, they would be able to launch something as small as the Nodong-1 from within coastal waters and strike targets hundreds of miles inland. Las Vegas would be an easy target from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Considering the 1,200 km range the Nodong-1 supposedly has, Salt Lake City is within range of San Francisco Bay.

Of course even this is more than necessary. Put warheads into shipping containers heading to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle, detonate them when the ships reach port, and radioactive contamination will shut down the ports for a minimum of several months.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

My above post reminds me of my own hypothesis regarding blessings and cursings upon the promised land. We are richly blessed by Heavenly Father for being righteous or trying to be so, and the scriptures tell multiple stories of peoples cursed for turning to wickedness. These days I believe that we aren't actively cursed at all. Instead Heavenly Father withholds His blessings and leaves us on our own so we suffer the consequences of our own actions. Those blessings are the only reason why we haven't already been attacked.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Michelle wrote: July 31st, 2017, 8:43 pm Revelations 18:6-11 (Really the whole chapter is worth reading.) I understand this is how America/Babylon, as we know it, ends. Definitely fire involved. One of the points that stands out is that it happens in "an hour." Very quickly.

"6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:"
The Beast will burn and scourge the Whore but it's God who deals the final blow. Perhaps by meteor strike?

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

(accidental duplicate post)
Last edited by KurtTheMormon on August 1st, 2017, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

brianj wrote: July 31st, 2017, 10:48 pm
Irrelevant wrote: July 31st, 2017, 8:13 pm
I would also like to know. The Chinese have some very quiet diesel electric subs, but they are only quiet while depleting their batteries. I have a hard time believing that North Korea could compete with the Chinese level of sound or build their own nuclear powered sub, so either SOSUS is no longer working or we should be able to observe the signature of that submarine crossing the Pacific.

And the North Koreans have managed to detonate a few crude nukes, but that doesn't mean they have refined development enough to mount a warhead on a missile. However, when they do, ICBMs aren't what will concern me. If the North Koreans can gain control of a regularly scheduled freighter crossing the Pacific and get a launcher into something disguised as two or four standard, 40 foot long intermodal shipping containers, they would be able to launch something as small as the Nodong-1 from within coastal waters and strike targets hundreds of miles inland. Las Vegas would be an easy target from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Considering the 1,200 km range the Nodong-1 supposedly has, Salt Lake City is within range of San Francisco Bay.

Of course even this is more than necessary. Put warheads into shipping containers heading to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle, detonate them when the ships reach port, and radioactive contamination will shut down the ports for a minimum of several months.
Recent satellite photography caught one being moored in a harbor. The sail, (missile tube), is long enough to launch an ICBM at the USA. It also, apparently, has a stealth drive.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/politics/ ... index.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let's keep the proper perspective here. NK might be able to detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere causing severe damage via an EMP. However, the US has assets in submarines, that would immediately annihilate Pyongyang and other targets in retribution. Young Kim may be evil, but I don't think he is as crazy as some in the media try to claim. If we're getting intel on NK military assets from CNN we should remember that they praised Trump for sending 59 Tomahawks into Syria. CNN and all the other MSM support war. They are part of the warmongering elitists which make up the modern Gadianton secret society.

False flag made to appear as if the North Koreans attacked us? Sure. That I would believe.

No peace we will have until Christ returns, so prepare we must.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

KurtTheMormon wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:00 pm Recent satellite photography caught one being moored in a harbor. The sail, (missile tube), is long enough to launch an ICBM at the USA. It also, apparently, has a stealth drive.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/politics/ ... index.html
I would be very surprised if the North Koreans had a boomer, and even more surprised if the launch tube was in the sail. US and Russian boomers have their missile tubes aft of the sail.

A Sang-O class submarine was captured in 1996, so we know a lot about them. Among other things, a 15.6 m tall Nodong-1 is too big to fit even if it was housed in the sail.
A bit less is known about the Sinpo class submarines, or the one currently in operation. But what we do know, a roughly 6.6 m beam and a shape that allows approximation of the height, indicates that the sub is way too small for a Taepodong-1.

A missile design based on the Hwasong-10 could conceivably fit into one of their submarines, but do they have the ability to manufacture a warhead lighter than 2,500 pounds?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote: August 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm Let's keep the proper perspective here. NK might be able to detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere causing severe damage via an EMP. However, the US has assets in submarines, that would immediately annihilate Pyongyang and other targets in retribution. Young Kim may be evil, but I don't think he is as crazy as some in the media try to claim. If we're getting intel on NK military assets from CNN we should remember that they praised Trump for sending 59 Tomahawks into Syria. CNN and all the other MSM support war. They are part of the warmongering elitists which make up the modern Gadianton secret society.

False flag made to appear as if the North Koreans attacked us? Sure. That I would believe.

We don't have enough insight into Lil' Kim's mindset. But his grandfather believed war with the United States was inevitable and started weapons programs such as missiles and submarines because he knew he couldn't win but wanted to make it hurt. If Lil' Kim holds to this belief, knowing that Pyongyang would become a crater won't stop him. Or maybe he thinks that a good nuclear first strike would sufficiently impair our command, control, and communications to the point where we wouldn't counterattack.

This is similar to my concern regarding Iran. The Mullahs running that country pledge their allegiance to Islam, not their nation, and they reportedly believe that an act that would destroy the United States but cause the deaths of every Iranian is worth the cost.

I don't understand why some people consider it warmongering to be prepared to intercept an attack and make an effective counter strike. Except for the people of Ammon, the Nephites prepared for war. And I do believe that, absent enough of the global population living to gospel standards, si vis pacem, para bellum.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote: August 1st, 2017, 11:31 pm
Silver wrote: August 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm Let's keep the proper perspective here. NK might be able to detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere causing severe damage via an EMP. However, the US has assets in submarines, that would immediately annihilate Pyongyang and other targets in retribution. Young Kim may be evil, but I don't think he is as crazy as some in the media try to claim. If we're getting intel on NK military assets from CNN we should remember that they praised Trump for sending 59 Tomahawks into Syria. CNN and all the other MSM support war. They are part of the warmongering elitists which make up the modern Gadianton secret society.

We don't have enough insight into Lil' Kim's mindset. But his grandfather believed war with the United States was inevitable and started weapons programs such as missiles and submarines because he knew he couldn't win but wanted to make it hurt. If Lil' Kim holds to this belief, knowing that Pyongyang would become a crater won't stop him. Or maybe he thinks that a good nuclear first strike would sufficiently impair our command, control, and communications to the point where we wouldn't counterattack.

This is similar to my concern regarding Iran. The Mullahs running that country pledge their allegiance to Islam, not their nation, and they reportedly believe that an act that would destroy the United States but cause the deaths of every Iranian is worth the cost.

I don't understand why some people consider it warmongering to be prepared to intercept an attack and make an effective counter strike. Except for the people of Ammon, the Nephites prepared for war. And I do believe that, absent enough of the global population living to gospel standards, si vis pacem, para bellum.
You remember when Merkel got angry with the US when it was discovered that the NSA was listening to the phone calls on her personal cell phone? Our surveillance technology being what it is, I think there is little question about us knowing "Lil' Kim's mindset."

I am certainly not opposed to a strong defense to keep the peace, but defending is not what we've done for decades. We're all up in everybody's business and targeting certain countries for regime change. What gave us the right to do that? Nothing. Nothing gave us the right to overturn the government of another country. Besides, we don't even have success stories in all those attempts to point to. Why can't we just leave other people alone?

Neither Iran or North Korea has attacked us. We should leave them alone and allow them to determine their own destinies.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Silver wrote: August 2nd, 2017, 5:46 am I am certainly not opposed to a strong defense to keep the peace, but defending is not what we've done for decades. We're all up in everybody's business and targeting certain countries for regime change. What gave us the right to do that? Nothing. Nothing gave us the right to overturn the government of another country. Besides, we don't even have success stories in all those attempts to point to. Why can't we just leave other people alone?
How well did that work out before WW2?