Questions on "The Mountains"

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Where are The Mountains?

Poll ended at May 1st, 2018, 3:44 pm

Our own churches?
16%
Just the Rockies?
40%
The Rockies and the Himalayas?
No votes
Other (share)?
44%

Total votes: 25
Gage
captain of 100

Re: Questions on "The Mountains"

Post by Gage »

In the last days, Salt Lake City will be wicked place so I dont think anyone will be running to anywhere near those mountains again. People of other nations will be fighting one another and the ones that are pure heart and accept the gospel will have to flee to Zion (America) to escape or stay and fight. The US will not be at war but will have its own problems within (I guess Mexicans will be killing us). People will start gong to Missouri but they wont have to "flee for their lives" to get there. They will go willingly and because they want to.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Silver Pie wrote: May 14th, 2017, 5:59 am
Bronco73idi wrote: May 12th, 2017, 11:49 pm Joesph Smith, May 1843 "The coming of the 10 Tribes of Israel, the coming of the Messiah among his people, will be so natural that only those who see Him will know that He has come, but he will come and give his laws unto Zion, and minister unto His people. This will not be His coming in the clouds of heaven to take vengeance upon the wicked of the world."
I don't remember ever reading that quote. It's quite interesting. Where did you get it?
It's part of the White Horse Prophecy.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

EmmaLee wrote: May 14th, 2017, 12:25 pm It's part of the White Horse Prophecy.
Oh, okay. I wonder if it's a reliable JS quote?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver Pie wrote: May 14th, 2017, 5:56 pm Oh, okay. I wonder if it's a reliable JS quote?
Since the church has made official statements against the white horse "prophecy," I wouldn't accept anything in it unless an independent source older than this manufactured prophecy can be found and validated.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

brianj wrote: May 14th, 2017, 6:30 pm
Silver Pie wrote: May 14th, 2017, 5:56 pm Oh, okay. I wonder if it's a reliable JS quote?
Since the church has made official statements against the white horse "prophecy," I wouldn't accept anything in it unless an independent source older than this manufactured prophecy can be found and validated.
Those are along the lines I was thinking. First, that it wasn't considered bona fide and, second, that it might have no current-with-Joseph's-lifetime source. I knew the first was true, but did not know if the second was true or not.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Bump
(just because I'm in a "poll" mood at the moment)