Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ImprovementEra wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 12:57 pm
friendsofthe wrote: April 29th, 2017, 9:26 pm
Z2100 wrote:

While interesting, I have to disagree with this line of thinking.

The 42 months of you speak of refers to Rev 13:5 right? ...

Very cool, your code resized an image :ugeek:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i0.wp.com/thebridegroomcometh.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Simple-Second-Coming-Tineline-3.jpg?resize=768%2C290[/img]

Interesting the 7 years of tribulation. ;)

7 good years preceed 7 bad years is a biblical pattern, as discussed here.
https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow.aspx wrote:
Latest forecast: 2.5 percent — October 6, 2017

The GDPNow model forecast for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the third quarter of 2017 is 2.5 percent on October 6, down from 2.8 percent on October 5.

The resize didn't work on this one. :(

Code: Select all

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/4t1w0l.jpg?resize=138%2C93[/img]
My definition of prosperity isn't set in stone. Years is the proper unit of evaluation, but thus far prosperity doth look to have begun. :o

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

friendsofthe wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 3:54 pm
ImprovementEra wrote:

The 42 months of you speak of refers to Rev 13:5 right?

That's the antichrist, and we don't have one yet. He hasn't been identified. And he comes in fairly late in the whole process leading up to the end, maybe only the last 7-10 years.

Also, you refer to Russia & 10 nations. Russia may be among them, but the key nation is Turkey, the home of Gog & Magog. Turkey was the Ottoman empire, which ruled the holy land until 1920 or so. The previous country to rule there was Rome until approx. 1250 AD.

In the west we like to think of Rome as the city in Italy & we forget that the Roman empire had 2 capitals. Byzantium as we call it was never the actual name of the country - it called itself Rome and didn't fall until 1250 or so.

This brings Daniel's prophecy from his time all the way to 1920 when the Ottoman empire fell - and this is the beast in Rev 17. When Turkey declares itself an empire again, the beast will have returned as in Rev 17:11-12.

Also, Elder McConkie said the 2nd coming has 4 parts. 1 has already happened - Kirtland temple I think. Next will be his quiet coming @ AOA, but there is no requirement for the war in Israel & his coming there to be close in time to the AOA appearance.

I expect a delay of 30 years or more while we build the New Jerusalem after his AOA appearance until Armageddon/Antichrist/beast attack Israel & the Savior comes to the rescue.

I hope to live long enough to see the NJ start building.

This is my opinion of course. I expect he'll be here before 2100, but probably not before 2050.

If your right that would mean that President Benson's promise to the generation of the Second Coming given in 1987 and more recently quoted by Thomas S. Monson in 2011 will all be dead…. Are Benson and Monson false prophets?

You can see President Monson’s comments here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/video/
That is what we call a 2nd witness.

So that was 1987 and the those president Benson said this to people who were probably 20 or so and that would put us about 2067. Personally I think we are closer. Much closer. I would be shocked if it were more than 50 years. I am thinking closer to 2030-2040. I know the Lord promised he would hasten his work for our sake and that tells me things will not continue in the pace they have been for the last several hundred years - To add I think this has already moving forward - how quickly have we moved the past 10 years, as it's pretty quickly if you think about it.

I know most of us can't imagine things getting bad quickly because many of us have never seen things bad. I for one have not - life has been pretty good comparatively.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 6th, 2017, 2:05 pm
ImprovementEra wrote:

That's the antichrist, and we don't have one yet. He hasn't been identified. And he comes in fairly late in the whole process leading up to the end, maybe only the last 7-10 years.

Also, you refer to Russia & 10 nations. Russia may be among them, but the key nation is Turkey, the home of Gog & Magog. Turkey was the Ottoman empire, which ruled the holy land until 1920 or so. The previous country to rule there was Rome until approx. 1250 AD.

In the west we like to think of Rome as the city in Italy & we forget that the Roman empire had 2 capitals. Byzantium as we call it was never the actual name of the country - it called itself Rome and didn't fall until 1250 or so.

This brings Daniel's prophecy from his time all the way to 1920 when the Ottoman empire fell - and this is the beast in Rev 17. When Turkey declares itself an empire again, the beast will have returned as in Rev 17:11-12.

Also, Elder McConkie said the 2nd coming has 4 parts. 1 has already happened - Kirtland temple I think. Next will be his quiet coming @ AOA, but there is no requirement for the war in Israel & his coming there to be close in time to the AOA appearance.

I expect a delay of 30 years or more while we build the New Jerusalem after his AOA appearance until Armageddon/Antichrist/beast attack Israel & the Savior comes to the rescue.

This is my opinion of course. I expect he'll be here before 2100, but probably not before 2050.

If your right that would mean that President Benson's promise to the generation of the Second Coming given in 1987 and more recently quoted by Thomas S. Monson in 2011 will all be dead…. Are Benson and Monson false prophets?

You can see President Monson’s comments here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/video/

So that was 1987 and the those president Benson said this to people who were probably 20 or so and that would put us about 2067. Personally I think we are closer. Much closer. I would be shocked if it were more than 50 years. I am thinking closer to 2030-2040. I know the Lord promised he would hasten his work for our sake and that tells me things will not continue in the pace they have been for the last several hundred years - To add I think this has already moving forward - how quickly have we moved the past 10 years, as it's pretty quickly if you think about it.

I know most of us can't imagine things getting bad quickly because many of us have never seen things bad. I for one have not - life has been pretty good comparatively.
I expect him to return somewhere around 2080-2130

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 6th, 2017, 2:05 pm
ImprovementEra wrote:

Oh, and by the way, in a talk by Hinckley back in the 70s he talked about the last days and mentioned that the Battle of Armageddon would occur at the end of the ‘last century.’ I’ll try to find the talk

That’s why I believe the Second Coming could be in 2100, hence my username

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

friendsofthe wrote: April 29th, 2017, 10:26 am Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..
Yes. Exactly.

That doesn't mean by 19 year old white-shirted Zoobie-escapies and misplaced Idaho farm boys, but it's exactly what it means.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I personally believe the 144,000 will be the main force that preaches the gospel to the world as a witness against the world before the end. This will include countries that haven't allowed missionaries - if this force of high priests are translated beings or resurrected beings, then those obstacles will be short hurdles for them.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: October 7th, 2017, 2:44 pm I personally believe the 144,000 will be the main force that preaches the gospel to the world as a witness against the world before the end. This will include countries that haven't allowed missionaries - if this force of high priests are translated beings or resurrected beings, then those obstacles will be short hurdles for them.
That’s why I think we’re so close to the fulfillment of the end of The Times of The Gentiles

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

The gospel wasn’t sent to the gentiles until after the Savior’s crucifixion. The referenced scriptures indicate the gospel won’t go to the Jews and Heathen until after His return. It could be that the Savior’s leaving and returning are key pivot points for when certain groups of people receive the true gospel.

Of all the latter day prophecies given by general authorities, the one, in my view, that provides the best gauge of where we are in the timeline is Elder Talmage’s October 1916 pronouncement about the return of the Last Ten Tribes. This is noted on LDS.org or D&C Student Manuel. Considering that very few people live to be 112 -116 years old, their return could be within the next ten years. The New Jerusalem would be built around this time as well.

Your assertion regarding the mission work is well thought out. When President Monson made the missionary announcement in 2012, they mentioned that the Lord was hastening His work. D&C 88:73 and subsequent verses are also very informative as to where we are in the timeline.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

DEEPER storm wrote: October 14th, 2017, 10:50 pm The gospel wasn’t sent to the gentiles until after the Savior’s crucifixion. The referenced scriptures indicate the gospel won’t go to the Jews and Heathen until after His return. It could be that the Savior’s leaving and returning are key pivot points for when certain groups of people receive the true gospel.

Of all the latter day prophecies given by general authorities, the one, in my view, that provides the best gauge of where we are in the timeline is Elder Talmage’s October 1916 pronouncement about the return of the Last Ten Tribes. This is noted on LDS.org or D&C Student Manuel. Considering that very few people live to be 112 -116 years old, their return could be within the next ten years. The New Jerusalem would be built around this time as well.

Your assertion regarding the mission work is well thought out. When President Monson made the missionary announcement in 2012, they mentioned that the Lord was hastening His work. D&C 88:73 and subsequent verses are also very informative as to where we are in the timeline.
What you said was kinda confusing. Can you put it as simple as possible? I'm dumb lol

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BeNotDeceived wrote: April 29th, 2017, 4:32 pm
SouEu wrote: April 29th, 2017, 2:48 pm I thought that the Gospel was supposed be preached to the heathen nations after the second coming.
That is my understanding, based on what I read in Prophecy Key to the Future. Japan seems to have a pretty good thing going. Wonder what are the properties of a place of refuge when roving bands begin to devastate the mainland US and presumably elsewhere. OTEC and other renewables will make many islands energy independent that are now slaves to the oil companies and their vulnerable distribution. @-)

Somewhere like this:

Pregnant dinosaur gonna give birth to the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE :ymdevil:
Doth Yutu spell abort the zombie apocalypse or rather, another case of our failure to “subdue” the Earth as commanded?

Nevertheless, my recent relocation proves an escape, just in the nick of time. Image

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

After the gospels of the missionaries comes the gospel of hail mingled with blood, fire, earthquakes, waves heaving themselves beyond their bounds.

Really, people haven't heard of Jesus? The leaders of nations who reject Jesus still know about Jesus and have the chance to accept Him or reject Him in behalf of their people. It said the gospel would go to all the world. It didn't say the gospel would be accepted by all the world.

Jesus told me He is coming soon and that was in 2013. In fact many people have had that message given to them. So, these are the days and He will come.