Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
paulrobots
captain of 100

Re: Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Post by paulrobots »

There will be Civil War II in the USA. When? I don't know. I believe that the words spoken by the Prophets and Apostles will be realized in time.

“Too often we bask in our comfortable complacency and rationalize that the ravages of war, economic disaster, famine, and earthquake cannot happen here. Those who believe this are either not acquainted with the revelations of the Lord, or they do not believe them. Those who smugly think these calamities will not happen, that they somehow will be set aside because of the righteousness of the Saints, are deceived and will rue the day they harbored such a delusion. (Ezra Taft Benson, “Prepare for the Days of Tribulation,” Ensign, Nov. 1980, 32.)

God has sent forth His warning message in the midst of this nation, but they have rejected it and treated His servants with contempt; the Lord has gathered out His people from their midst, and has planted them here in these mountains; and He will speedily fulfill the prophecy in relation to the overthrow of this nation, and their destruction. We shall be obliged to have a government to preserve ourselves in unity and peace; for they, through being wasted away, will not have the power to govern; for state will be divided against state, city against city, town against town, and the whole country will be in terror and confusion; mobocracy will prevail and there will be no security, through this great Republic, for the lives or property of the people. (Orson Pratt, Deseret Evening News, Oct. 2, 1875)

The internal fires of revolution are already smouldering in this nation, and they need but a spark to set them in a flame. Already are agencies at work in the land calculated to subvert and overthrow every principle of rule and government; already is corruption of every kind prevailing in high places and permeating all society; already are we, as a nation, departing from our God and corrupting ourselves with malfeasance, dishonor and a lack of public integrity and good faith; already are licentiousness and debauchery corrupting, undermining and destroying society; already are we interfering with the laws of nature and stopping the functions of life, and have become the slayers of our own offspring, and employ human butchers in the shape of physicians to assist in this diabolical and murderous work. The sins of this nation, the licentiousness, the debauchery, the murders are entering into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and I tell you now, from the tops of these mountains, as a humble servant of the living God, that unless these cries and infamies are stopped, this nation will be overthrown and its glory, power, dominion and wealth will fade away like the dews of a summer morning. I also say to other nations of the earth, that unless they repent of their crimes, their iniquities and abominations, their thrones will be overturned, their kingdoms and governments overthrown, and their lands made desolate. This is not only my saying, but it is the saying of those ancient prophets which they themselves profess to believe; for God will speedily have a controversy with the nations of the earth, and, as I stated before, the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way to overthrow governments, to destroy dynasties, to lay waste thrones, kingdoms and empires, to spread abroad anarchy and desolation, and to cause war, famine and bloodshed to overspread the earth. (John Taylor, JD 23:62-63, 1882)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

DesertWonderer wrote:There will be no shooting civil war HOWEVER we are in a civil war of morality / words right now. I wonder, is THAT what is foretold??? Most likely.
Nope. What we see right now, the war of morality as you described it, is a continuation of the war in heaven. One day, I don't know how soon, we will see what has been prophesied: a real civil war where people will be killing one another with various weapons, a war where there will "be a fleeing from one city to another, from one State to another, from one part of the continent to another, seeking refuge, from the devastations of bandits and armies..." (Masterful Discourses of Orson Pratt)

I can expect to take some heat from dissenters over this, but when this war comes I expect the faithful to be preserved the same way Omer and his household were preserved during Jaredite civil wars (Ether 9:3-13).

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The problem I see with the idea that the faithful will be preserved from the wars/calamities caused by disagreements over how the U.S.A. should be governed is that being faithful, IMO, includes learning the principles of the U.S. Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, awakening to our current "awful situation", and doing all we can to preserve our freedoms, as we have been commanded to do. And this, I am convinced, far too many otherwise faithful latter-day saints have done little or nothing about.

The dissent I get over this is that since the Prophet is not addressing these subjects now, we are under no obligation to take actions to preserve our liberty/freedom. This may be true for those who have never had the opportunity to hear or read what past prophets and apostles have said about these things, but for those of us who did hear and read their admonitions there is, I believe, a serious responsibility.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

I wonder if when Zion is the only place that is not with one another is it because of we finally see war as it really is in these last days?

If the majority of the people wake up and see that Satan is manipulating both sides of a civil war, it would make sense that the people of Zions will not fight until the wicked on the side of liberty have perished.

When the more humble, believers of Christ remain. Then the boys from the north come and help.

Just wondering if I'm way off base in this? It just doesn't seem logical that if there was a truly God fearing army fighting for freedom and principles as outlined in the Constitution that the LDS believers wouldn't be in this fight for our freedom.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Book of Ruth wrote: February 26th, 2017, 9:46 am I wonder if when Zion is the only place that is not with one another is it because of we finally see war as it really is in these last days?

If the majority of the people wake up and see that Satan is manipulating both sides of a civil war, it would make sense that the people of Zions will not fight until the wicked on the side of liberty have perished.

When the more humble, believers of Christ remain. Then the boys from the north come and help.

Just wondering if I'm way off base in this? It just doesn't seem logical that if there was a truly God fearing army fighting for freedom and principles as outlined in the Constitution that the LDS believers wouldn't be in this fight for our freedom.
I am not convinced we will have to do much fighting, if any, other than defending ourselves. Read Ether 9:3-13 to see an example of being preserved through a civil war without having to fight.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I have always wondered the exact meaning of Rev. 13: 9-10 vs 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear. vs 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: He that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and faith of the saints. In trying to assess the usage of these verses I was thinking of the last great battles of the people of moroni, and cumorah. War total destruction . People after having loss so much became so hard hearted they would rather all perish than let any live even down to the last soul. So how would so much blood shed leave any left at the time of the second coming. Now looking at the above verses compare Alma 24:16-27 The way of saving, martyrs, when it says "Here is the patience and faith of the saints". It seems to me we are given a warning. I have read D&C 5:14 where the Lord compares his church coming out of the wilderness "clear as the moon", and fair as the sun, this comparison is repeated in D&C 105:31 I have seen many fall to a spiritual death, and wonder if the moon turning to blood can't also symbolize a martyrdom of some of the saints. (As in Alma 24) there are several reasons this is a possibility, it fully condemns the wicked, and justifies the full measure of judgement while sanctifying the righteous. Long story short cooler heads prevailing? not a chance, war Imminent I believe so, how we handle it as saints, individually or as a group that may depend on our patience and faith. IMHO

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I do not believe cooler heads will prevail. Right now, all that is needed is a spark.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Fun fact, there is less conflict international conflict nowadays than in the 20th century... though with the current tensions, that could easily change.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What have Church general authorities said recently by way of warning us about civil war, or about war between nations ? Should we even concern ourselves about such wars at this time ?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What have Church general authorities said recently by way of warning us about civil war, or about war between nations ? Should we even concern ourselves about such wars at this time ?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

lundbaek wrote: February 27th, 2017, 3:35 pm What have Church general authorities said recently by way of warning us about civil war, or about war between nations ? Should we even concern ourselves about such wars at this time ?
Last April I visited the Houston area. I wouldn't have gone there if church general authorities warned of flooding. And I never heard of any statements from church general authorities warning of flooding last spring and summer in other parts of the country. Last March there weren't any warnings issued to the Paris mission to not let missionaries go to the Brussels airport on a specific day.

A faithful church member should not expect inspired leaders of the church to give us specific details of what is going to happen or when. I recall President Hinckley encouraging members to pay off debts and save money in the late 90s, and a few years later he essentially said, "I told you so!" There was never any warning that the economy was going to decline, but those who didn't follow his counsel were not as well off as those who did.
We have been warned that there will be another civil war far worse than the first one. We have been warned of war, plague, famine, and natural disasters that will come to our nation. After those warnings anybody who thinks there's nothing to worry about until the prophet gives specific warnings needs to adopt another attitude.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

As a few more months have passed by, it seems that the lines are becoming clearer... on 1 side it is urban globalism and the other is nationalism.

I had always read 3 Nephi 7 vs 2as the government was destroyed and the people divided into tribes, but the other day I read it and realized that it actually says, "and the people were divided one against another; and they did separate one from another into tribes........;and thus they did destroy the government of the land."

This just struck me how fragile governments can be, when the people no longer uphold the government then it is destroyed. It makes no sense that the gadiantons would want to destroy the government that they nearly completely control unless the agenda is to destroy the American government to bring about a world government. In which case, I would think that the leftist would continue to receive all the hate filled ammo to ignite a civil war along with the funding and media hype to spew their cause.

If the uneducated left is committed to being pawns in a truly evil plot, I'm not sure how a bloody battle will be avoided.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Book of Ruth wrote: August 27th, 2017, 5:01 pm As a few more months have passed by, it seems that the lines are becoming clearer... on 1 side it is urban globalism and the other is nationalism.

If the uneducated left is committed to being pawns in a truly evil plot, I'm not sure how a bloody battle will be avoided.
Since the election, the left has literally gone insane. The political correctness garbage being spewed by them will further their agenda to stifle religion and freedom of religion faster than I think any of us truly realize. I agree with you on the urban globalism and the nationalism part as well. White washing history isn't a good thing either. We need to learn from history not try to pretend it's bad or erase it.
Last edited by Sunain on October 3rd, 2017, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

This shooting in Vegas is crazy, it looks like a left attack on people who are majority right country music fans, but I'm not sure. What's troubling are the comments coming out on how republicans deserve this. How do they know who was republican and who was not, and why does it matter? This satanic scheme to divide us will be the death of us.

Have we really become so hard hearted that people being shot with no way to protect themselves are to blame?

What is the difference between people in an open arena being shot like sheep to slaughter and the Jews being shot in an open field with no way to defend themselves? This is sick, sick!

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

brianj wrote: February 27th, 2017, 8:23 pm
lundbaek wrote: February 27th, 2017, 3:35 pm What have Church general authorities said recently by way of warning us about civil war, or about war between nations ? Should we even concern ourselves about such wars at this time ?
Last April I visited the Houston area. I wouldn't have gone there if church general authorities warned of flooding. And I never heard of any statements from church general authorities warning of flooding last spring and summer in other parts of the country. Last March there weren't any warnings issued to the Paris mission to not let missionaries go to the Brussels airport on a specific day.

A faithful church member should not expect inspired leaders of the church to give us specific details of what is going to happen or when. I recall President Hinckley encouraging members to pay off debts and save money in the late 90s, and a few years later he essentially said, "I told you so!" There was never any warning that the economy was going to decline, but those who didn't follow his counsel were not as well off as those who did.
We have been warned that there will be another civil war far worse than the first one. We have been warned of war, plague, famine, and natural disasters that will come to our nation. After those warnings anybody who thinks there's nothing to worry about until the prophet gives specific warnings needs to adopt another attitude.

This is the problem with many LDS. They think the Prophets are there to warn us of every natural disaster, every killing spree, every wide spread calamity. Where does this come from? This is why people follow the Julie Rowe's of the world. Julie makes her money by putting fear into people. People have to have something to visualize, something they are told is happening. A prophet telling members to have 1 year supply of food ready is just not enough I guess, too boring, they need to have a reason told to them of why. If the Prophet said an earthquake is coming next week get your food supply ready, the store shelves in Salt Lake would be empty. It has to do with faith, have faith in the Prophet that food storage is something you are going to need and use at some point in time. Until then, fear not and live the Gospel. People think a prophet is not a prophet unless he is constantly telling us of future disasters, a Prophet is a teacher, a spiritual leader. The Lord has already warned the Prophets to warn us. But let Julie Rowe tell you an earthquake is hitting next week and people run around scared and preparing for it.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Joel wrote: February 22nd, 2017, 7:48 am SCOTUS denies to hear most cases I would think this case would be no different, even if it was heard seems like a waste of time maybe I am just biased because of my distrust of the intelligence community

read what was filed: http://progressivearmy.com/wp-content/u ... ndamus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If SCOTUS declines to hear it, the lower court ruling stands.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

https://refusefascism.org/2017/08/06/th ... e-must-go/

There is a lot of hate out there and all we can do is love.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Bronco73idi wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 1:08 pm https://refusefascism.org/2017/08/06/th ... e-must-go/

That's a very disturbing website... These people way to fight against a democratically elected president because they don't agree with the people that voted for Trump. It's starting to get out of control with the PC people.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Looks like cooler heads prevailed.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Bronco73idi wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 1:08 pm https://refusefascism.org/2017/08/06/th ... e-must-go/

We can fight back and defeat.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:14 pm Looks like cooler heads prevailed.
?? Who has the cooler head??

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

How odd that at the same time that Sol is entering a Grand Solar Minimum that has already destroyed 60% of the US's wheat crops, Donald has said that this, now, is like the calm before the storm. He may have been referring to NKorea, but the shooting in LV was planned, as per the Illuminati card game... yet again. We are on the brink of an economic crisis like never before in history that is being held up by the very people waiting to hit the button to make it fail, the oil tycoons are pushing cryptocurrencies and global warming agendas, 2016 set the record for most seismic activity in 6 months than the past 40 years combined, massive amounts of flooding happening all over the globe, which seems to not be hitting the news anymore, my own personal revelation is suggestive of an imminent collapse, and the sun has been shoving out X20 class solar flares, kill shots, and it's only a matter of time before one comes our way. The Faultline at California is 60 years overdue, the solar kill shot is reaching its marker, social instability and hysteria are rising, evil in government and child sex cults are at record highs, and many of the tares are choking out the wheat (metaphor).

Is the cleansing of America close? You tell me. My question is, how has God stayed his hand this long?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

lundbaek wrote: February 19th, 2017, 7:46 pm In "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", Section One: "And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Istael from the north country...."

The words "such a scene of bloodshed" indicate to me conflict that could include civil strife, as well as warfare against invaders from other countries. But as the case with such prophecies, there is no time frame given that I can detect.
Perhaps prosperity shall continue for 7yrs, then things turn bad at the height of tensions, in a season such as saw the penning of these many posts. The Parable of the Good Samaritan, better describes an allegory. It is but one of many instances of two found in the scriptures, that combined with the idea that a day is as a thousand years, suggests an interval of 2000 years.

2000 years from when, and are we to expect an exact interval, are key questions that remain unanswered, but past occurrences of 7 good years, have preceded 7 bad years to follow. Selection of political candidates is always what brings out the crazed lefties, who are more likely to loose their temper, than keep their cool, swayed by insane expectations that never pan out, but rather reap devastating consequences.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

In the book of Isaiah "Egypt" always refers to the U.S.
Assyria is Russia

Isaiah 19 (civil war verse 2)

Although the world’s superpower Egypt suffers internal collapse, Jehovah delivers his covenanters.

1 An oracle concerning Egypt:
When Jehovah enters Egypt riding on swift clouds,
the idols of Egypt will rock at his presence
and the Egyptians’ hearts melt within them.

Ancient Egypt, where Israel’s ancestors found refuge—birthplace of the birthright tribe of Ephraim, and of Moses, Israel’s deliverer—typifies a land with strong ties between Jehovah’s end-time people and end-time “Egypt.” In the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic context—when history repeats itself—the world’s superpower codenamed “Egypt” forms a part of Isaiah’s Greater Babylon and suffers covenant curses in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment. So great is Egypt’s desolation on the heels of Jehovah’s “swift clouds” that its people’s hearts “melt within them” as in Isaiah’s vision of Babylon (Isaiah 13:6-8).

2 I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians;
they will fight brother against brother
and neighbor against neighbor,
city against city and state against state.

3 Egypt’s spirit shall be drained from within;
I will frustrate their plans,
and they will resort to the idols and to spiritists,
to mediums and witchcraft.

Anarchy and civil war in the great superpower of the world form the prelude to its desolation. As much of the land is destroyed from within, Egypt’s enemies see their chance to invade from without. When Jehovah withdraws his Spirit because of a people’s evildoing, they are left to their own devices. Their alienation causes Jehovah to close the heavens. They lose the light they once had, and a man’s adversaries become those of his own people. Desperate, they turn to false channels of information—idols, spiritists, mediums, and witchcraft—only to compound their plight (Isaiah 8:19-20; 42:17; 44:17; 45:20).

4 Then will I deliver the Egyptians
into the hand of a cruel master;
a harsh ruler will subject them,
says the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts.

The nation of Egypt in Isaiah’s day was ruled by a non-native Afro-Egyptian (Cushite) pharaoh of Egypt’s 25th dynasty (760-656 B.C.) (cf. Isaiah 18:1; 20:3-5). This was a period of extensive government programs but of moral decline that set the stage for Assyria’s invasion and conquest of Egypt. Like ancient Egypt, end-time “Egypt” deteriorates politically (vv 11-15), experiences economic hardship (vv 8-10), and suffers severe drought conditions (vv 5-7). Egypt—the breadbasket of the world—is reduced to poverty. Only the God of Israel, who rules over all nations, is able to save Egypt (vv 20-24).

Moon1943
captain of 100

Post by Moon1943 »

Joe diGenova's advice to patriots: It's a 'civil war' -- 'I buy guns'

Joe diGenova, a former prosecutor who’s taken his well-spoken, blunt-talking mannerisms far on the media circuit — serving as a frequent television and radio guest who can cut through the clutter and give the layperson’s view with insight, expertise and boldness — had some interesting words of wisdom for patriotic Americans watching with alarm what he called the growing “civil war” that’s coming to the country. What were they?
Last edited by Moon1943 on February 24th, 2019, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.