Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Post by Bronco73idi »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:14 pm Looks like cooler heads prevailed.
?? Who has the cooler head??

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

How odd that at the same time that Sol is entering a Grand Solar Minimum that has already destroyed 60% of the US's wheat crops, Donald has said that this, now, is like the calm before the storm. He may have been referring to NKorea, but the shooting in LV was planned, as per the Illuminati card game... yet again. We are on the brink of an economic crisis like never before in history that is being held up by the very people waiting to hit the button to make it fail, the oil tycoons are pushing cryptocurrencies and global warming agendas, 2016 set the record for most seismic activity in 6 months than the past 40 years combined, massive amounts of flooding happening all over the globe, which seems to not be hitting the news anymore, my own personal revelation is suggestive of an imminent collapse, and the sun has been shoving out X20 class solar flares, kill shots, and it's only a matter of time before one comes our way. The Faultline at California is 60 years overdue, the solar kill shot is reaching its marker, social instability and hysteria are rising, evil in government and child sex cults are at record highs, and many of the tares are choking out the wheat (metaphor).

Is the cleansing of America close? You tell me. My question is, how has God stayed his hand this long?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

lundbaek wrote: February 19th, 2017, 7:46 pm In "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", Section One: "And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Istael from the north country...."

The words "such a scene of bloodshed" indicate to me conflict that could include civil strife, as well as warfare against invaders from other countries. But as the case with such prophecies, there is no time frame given that I can detect.
Perhaps prosperity shall continue for 7yrs, then things turn bad at the height of tensions, in a season such as saw the penning of these many posts. The Parable of the Good Samaritan, better describes an allegory. It is but one of many instances of two found in the scriptures, that combined with the idea that a day is as a thousand years, suggests an interval of 2000 years.

2000 years from when, and are we to expect an exact interval, are key questions that remain unanswered, but past occurrences of 7 good years, have preceded 7 bad years to follow. Selection of political candidates is always what brings out the crazed lefties, who are more likely to loose their temper, than keep their cool, swayed by insane expectations that never pan out, but rather reap devastating consequences.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

In the book of Isaiah "Egypt" always refers to the U.S.
Assyria is Russia

Isaiah 19 (civil war verse 2)

Although the world’s superpower Egypt suffers internal collapse, Jehovah delivers his covenanters.

1 An oracle concerning Egypt:
When Jehovah enters Egypt riding on swift clouds,
the idols of Egypt will rock at his presence
and the Egyptians’ hearts melt within them.

Ancient Egypt, where Israel’s ancestors found refuge—birthplace of the birthright tribe of Ephraim, and of Moses, Israel’s deliverer—typifies a land with strong ties between Jehovah’s end-time people and end-time “Egypt.” In the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic context—when history repeats itself—the world’s superpower codenamed “Egypt” forms a part of Isaiah’s Greater Babylon and suffers covenant curses in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment. So great is Egypt’s desolation on the heels of Jehovah’s “swift clouds” that its people’s hearts “melt within them” as in Isaiah’s vision of Babylon (Isaiah 13:6-8).

2 I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians;
they will fight brother against brother
and neighbor against neighbor,
city against city and state against state.

3 Egypt’s spirit shall be drained from within;
I will frustrate their plans,
and they will resort to the idols and to spiritists,
to mediums and witchcraft.

Anarchy and civil war in the great superpower of the world form the prelude to its desolation. As much of the land is destroyed from within, Egypt’s enemies see their chance to invade from without. When Jehovah withdraws his Spirit because of a people’s evildoing, they are left to their own devices. Their alienation causes Jehovah to close the heavens. They lose the light they once had, and a man’s adversaries become those of his own people. Desperate, they turn to false channels of information—idols, spiritists, mediums, and witchcraft—only to compound their plight (Isaiah 8:19-20; 42:17; 44:17; 45:20).

4 Then will I deliver the Egyptians
into the hand of a cruel master;
a harsh ruler will subject them,
says the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts.

The nation of Egypt in Isaiah’s day was ruled by a non-native Afro-Egyptian (Cushite) pharaoh of Egypt’s 25th dynasty (760-656 B.C.) (cf. Isaiah 18:1; 20:3-5). This was a period of extensive government programs but of moral decline that set the stage for Assyria’s invasion and conquest of Egypt. Like ancient Egypt, end-time “Egypt” deteriorates politically (vv 11-15), experiences economic hardship (vv 8-10), and suffers severe drought conditions (vv 5-7). Egypt—the breadbasket of the world—is reduced to poverty. Only the God of Israel, who rules over all nations, is able to save Egypt (vv 20-24).

Moon1943
captain of 100

Post by Moon1943 »

Joe diGenova's advice to patriots: It's a 'civil war' -- 'I buy guns'

Joe diGenova, a former prosecutor who’s taken his well-spoken, blunt-talking mannerisms far on the media circuit — serving as a frequent television and radio guest who can cut through the clutter and give the layperson’s view with insight, expertise and boldness — had some interesting words of wisdom for patriotic Americans watching with alarm what he called the growing “civil war” that’s coming to the country. What were they?
Last edited by Moon1943 on February 24th, 2019, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

When I saw this thread popping up, I missed the year and thought that it was a current discussion about the fever-pitched emotions that continue unabated, now two full years down the road.

One comment I couldn't help but key on:
If the 'bread and circuses' can no longer be provided . . . .
In the discussion of that phrase, "communications" were mentioned not just as part of the circus, but have come to be viewed as a true life essential at this point.

And diGenova may recommend buying guns and precious metals (copper, lead and brass, if you get the drift), which I have always believed in.

But, from my perspective, the true key word in the whole equation is "bread."

I have long subscribed to an old Chinese proverb: "Lots of food, lots of problems; No food, one problem."

When our amazingly fragile food production/supply system -- that we are completely dependent upon -- is no longer capable of delivering, things will get more serious fast.

All I can say is Heaven help anyone who thinks they can just sit back and wait to be told every move to make by the Brethren. I wish you the best with that.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Book of Ruth wrote: February 19th, 2017, 6:51 pm Can we discuss the current situation in the USA in regards to the protests, illegal immigration, who the President is--Trump, and who it is not --Obama and Hillary.

I keep thinking things will blow over as soon as the dramatic changes and put out, people have time to adapt, and bigger priorites-like working, taking care of family- come once again into focus.

But....I have family that is so against Pres. Trump that I really think they would support a civil war IF Hillary as president was the outcome.

Will these issues work themselves out peacefully? If anything happens to Pres. Trump, I think his supporters would give the leftist protesters a lesson on expressing their grievances.
------------

if there's ANY peace at all, it will only be the calm before the storm.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1 Thessalonians 5:3

"And now cometh the day of their calamity, even the days of sorrow, like a woman that is taken in travail; and their sorrow shall be great unless they speedily repent, yea, very speedily."
(D&C 136:35)

JST, 2 Thessalonians 2
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.

JST
3 Let no man deceive you by any means; for there shall come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50620&p=910888&hili ... ty#p910888

Moon1943
captain of 100

Post by Moon1943 »

In this informative video, Patriot Nurse discusses the coming civil war and the influence of communist infiltration into the American church, as well as the obvious signs of impending conflict in the United States. The Left has steadily shown that they intend to continue taking away the rights of citizens, all the while attempting to soothe and placate them with the siren song of antipathy fomented even now in the Church.

Eulate
captain of 100

Post by Eulate »

The next few weeks could be huge prophetically:

https://youtu.be/yHcbK6bWGwM

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Use history as your guide.

I see three options, two of which involve bloodshed.

A) There is a civil war and after the loss of hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives one side pummels the other into submission (A historical example of this is our own civil war)
B) An external enemy takes advantage of our weakened state due to internal strife and invades. (Many examples throughout history including Rome. Many examples in the book of mormon)
C) We decide to repent as a nation, return to god, be a little more tolerant of each other and learn to compromise again (There are very few historical examples of this, (the Ammonites?)

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

markharr wrote: September 12th, 2019, 6:58 am Use history as your guide.

A) There is a civil war and after the loss of hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives one side pummels the other into submission (A historical example of this is our own civil war)
B) An external enemy takes advantage of our weakened state due to internal strife and invades. (Many examples throughout history including Rome. Many examples in the book of mormon)
C) We decide to repent as a nation, return to god, be a little more tolerant of each other and learn to compromise again (There are very few historical examples of this, (the Ammonites?)
The answer wiil be B.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

John Tavner wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:02 am

The answer wiil be B.
I think it's going to be a mix of A and B.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

There exists somewhere a prophetic statement by the Prophet Joseph Smith Re. a second civil war in America.

Then there is also the statement by Joseph Smith recorded by Mosiah Hancock.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

When civil war comes, as much as I would want to take sides with the conservatives, I keep being reminded of two things - the wicked will destroy the wicked and in Jacob 5, it is not the good that fights against evil, but as the good branches grow the bad branches are cleared away to make room for them.

When the actual situation comes, I will try to do what the Lord directs. For now, I am prepared to defend my family, but I have no intention of choosing sides should a civil war come. In fact, I am reminded of a third thing, I can't remember the source, but something to the effect that anyone who will not fight brother against brother, and father against son must needs flee to Zion.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

markharr wrote: September 12th, 2019, 9:26 am
John Tavner wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:02 am

The answer wiil be B.
I think it's going to be a mix of A and B.
I personally don't think the civil war will be like the last, it will be much more rage filled and less principle filled -whihc is why I chose b, but a may play a part, i just don't think it will be a traditional civil war with sides I think it will be less clear whose side you want to be on.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Wouldn't a civil war in today's America break down into rural vs urban? And take place in every state? The rural side will not control the military or infrastructure, but will control the food. The rural side would just wage a guerilla insurgency-like resistance like in Afghanistan. The war over territory+influence would likely take place in the suburbs where you'll find sympathizers of both sides.

Maybe I'm way wrong. But either way, I don't want it to happen and it's not going to happen during prosperity. I'm very concerned for what might happen in the case of an economic depression.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: September 12th, 2019, 10:24 am Wouldn't a civil war in today's America break down into rural vs urban? And take place in every state? The rural side will not control the military or infrastructure, but will control the food. The rural side would just wage a guerilla insurgency-like resistance like in Afghanistan. The war over territory+influence would likely take place in the suburbs where you'll find sympathizers of both sides.

Maybe I'm way wrong. But either way, I don't want it to happen and it's not going to happen during prosperity. I'm very concerned for what might happen in the case of an economic depression.
I think you have some valid points. One thing though is so much farming is done by giant industrial farms like Conagra. They are more likely to support the urban, progressive side than not.

I also think any civil war is not going to be as nicely divided territory wise as the northern war of aggression. It is going to be an ideological war, and I think it is going to be more than two sided. I think you will have the extreme progressives, the true "alt-right", neo conservatives, libertarians, and possibly even a faction of anarcho-capitalists, minarchists, voluntarists - but if history is any indicator those last three mini-groups will spend more time fighting each other than working together.

My inclination is to fight only defensively unless inspired otherwise. I also believe that in the midst of the civil war, we will be invaded by the Chinese on the West Coast and likely the Russians on the East Coast, which will more or less unite whatever is left of the US to defend our country. This last belief is based on Duane Crowther's book "Prophecy, Key to the Future" - which I obviously agree with on that point.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I anticipate the US FedGov taking guns away from Americans based on a statement attributed to President George Albert Smith in the late 1940s, as remembered by a David Horne. I think many LDSFF members are by now at least familiar with this. I don't see how it could be totally successful, but apparently President Smith did not say the FedGov would try to take away the guns, but that it would take away the guns.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Take Gun Control and Abortion (women's rights). Currently there is no middle ground on either topic. They are polarizing topics that will rip the United States to shreds soon. Both are election topics for 2020.
Last edited by Sunain on September 12th, 2019, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

lundbaek wrote: September 12th, 2019, 10:47 am I anticipate the US FedGov taking guns away from Americans based on a statement attributed to President George Albert Smith in the late 1940s, as remembered by a David Horne. I think many LDSFF members are by now at least familiar with this. I don't see how it could be totally successful, but apparently President Smith did not say the FedGov would try to take away the guns, but that it would take away the guns.
Come on lundbeak! You should know better than that. That GAS prophecy and s a total fake. It ws made up by that Horne guy in the 80’s. Sheesh.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I spoke with David Horne in 1993 for about an hour on a possible family tie, our similar professional lives. and the statement he attributed to President Smith. David may have forgotten or mixed up a few things between 1949 and 1991 or whenever, but I have no reason to believe he knowingly and deliberately lied.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

From my understanding the civil war (blood flowing through the streets) is next and then major earthquake, last but not least foreign invasion. Just my opinion from my research.

I too would be incline to be for the conservative side but will not partake, to the point that I don’t have any guns or ammunition. My patriarchal blessing said I’ll not be harmed by the sword and the spirit has confirmed this on many occasions to me. The spirit has also confirmed that in time of need I’ll be strengthened in time of need.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

lundbaek wrote: September 12th, 2019, 10:47 am I anticipate the US FedGov taking guns away from Americans based on a statement attributed to President George Albert Smith in the late 1940s, as remembered by a David Horne. I think many LDSFF members are by now at least familiar with this. I don't see how it could be totally successful, but apparently President Smith did not say the FedGov would try to take away the guns, but that it would take away the guns.
When Americans are without food/water/medicine....and giving up weapons is the only way to get those things.................

We are a soft and weak people (in our current state).

This isn't going to go well. If we cant listen to the Holy Ghost in normal everyday events, how can we expect to follow in times death and terror?
What is a man to do when his family is sick and starving...and the only currency he has to pay for their needs...is their liberties? Imo, 97% of people, once properly hungry/sick, will gladly trade everything to keep their heart beating...it is the way of the lower mammals.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Bronco73idi wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:52 pm From my understanding the civil war (blood flowing through the streets) is next and then major earthquake, last but not least foreign invasion. Just my opinion from my research.

I too would be incline to be for the conservative side but will not partake, to the point that I don’t have any guns or ammunition. My patriarchal blessing said I’ll not be harmed by the sword and the spirit has confirmed this on many occasions to me. The spirit has also confirmed that in time of need I’ll be strengthened in time of need.
Imo
It wont be conservative vs libs.... these ideologies will mean nothing to the starving. It will be more of a every man for himself, neighbour vs neighbour...at least to begin with.

Civil war will start because our lose of health/food/water. If you don't have a constant flow of trucks driving into your city/town....your city/ town is not eating. The fact alone should shake us all awake

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:50 am
Bronco73idi wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:52 pm From my understanding the civil war (blood flowing through the streets) is next and then major earthquake, last but not least foreign invasion. Just my opinion from my research.

Imo
It wont be conservative vs libs.... these ideologies will mean nothing to the starving. It will be more of a every man for himself, neighbour vs neighbour...at least to begin with.

Civil war will start because our lose of health/food/water. If you don't have a constant flow of trucks driving into your city/town....your city/ town is not eating. The fact alone should shake us all awake
That is one way of looking at it, I don’t fully disagree. Is the lack of food water and basic necessities a cause or a symptom?

I believe the cause is going to be politically motivated, like the Hopi prophecy “a woman taking power where she doesn’t belong” taking the presidency thru pop vote (the head of the eagle) I want Trump to last until 2024 but I think they will get to him after the 2020 election and Pence won’t be able to finish then 2 more will try to be inaugurated and will fail. Then the Hopi prophecy will be fulfilled. During that time blood will flow through the streets. Then 2 more president try to rebuild and fail. That’s when Daniels prophecy will be full filled, ancient of days will unseat the 4th kingdom and (Davidic servant) white horse prophecy will be fulfilled. All of our current Presidents and politicians are part of the 4th kingdom, Trump, Romney. We are part of the 4th kingdom, like the lord says, all kingdoms are mine.