September 23, 2017: Signs in the Heavens!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Re: September 23, 2017: Signs in the Heavens!

Post by Z2100 »

JT1 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 12:24 am
LDS Physician wrote: March 6th, 2017, 7:36 am Again...having a sign that occurs without knowing what that sign signifies or what will happen in conjunction with the sign is fairly worthless. You can't just say "this fantastically rare thing is about to happen with all sorts of wonderful astronomical alignments and after that, something significant is going to happen" and then not specify what the significant thing is.

Of course something significant is going to happen after that sign occurs...all of the end time events will happen after that sign, but are they directly associated with it? What's the timing of those events?

Get what I'm saying?
Note that this is not a sign without a connected event. The same chapter (Revelation 12) indicates that the sign is in the likeness of things on the Earth. The chapter then proceeds to explain what will be happening and what the sign means using relatively straightforward symbolism. Certainly the timing may not be to the day, but I doubt the events the sign symbolizes will be very distant in time from the sign itself.

I like what the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “the book of Revelation is one of the plainest books God ever caused to be written.” Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, comp. Joseph Fielding Smith (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1938), 290;

What's more plain than those first couple of versus of Revelation 12 being a direct description of an actual astronomical event. My opinion is that the events the sign symbolizes are of great import, but I won't share my interpretation of the symbolism here. That's for each to do on their own.
What exactly your interpretation? I would really like to hear :)

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Everyone seems to have a different interpenetration of this sign. Everything up to the red dragon will happen and that is a fact anyone can see with today's software programs of the skies. In verse 4, "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to earth:", we had the weak Perseids shower in early aug and will have the Draconids in early oct, but there is no schedule shower for late sep. So if we have another meteor shower like the 1833 Leonids what will we say is the cause?

The 1833 Leonids was one of the biggest driving forces to organize the Seventh-day Adventist movement. What does that mean??? I don't know
http://www.adventistreview.org/night-the-stars-fell

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Bronco73idi wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 8:33 pm Everyone seems to have a different interpenetration of this sign. Everything up to the red dragon will happen and that is a fact anyone can see with today's software programs of the skies. In verse 4, "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to earth:", we had the weak Perseids shower in early aug and will have the Draconids in early oct, but there is no schedule shower for late sep. So if we have another meteor shower like the 1833 Leonids what will we say is the cause?

The 1833 Leonids was one of the biggest driving forces to organize the Seventh-day Adventist movement. What does that mean??? I don't know
http://www.adventistreview.org/night-the-stars-fell
The draconids in early October could absolutely be it as that would be shortly after 9/23 and satisfy what the scripture says about the Dragon waiting to devour as soon as the child is born. According to the JST the woman gives birth first and then the Dragon draws the stars. In the original version the stars are drawn first.
JST Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 And the woman being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God and his throne.
4 And there appeared another sign in heaven; and behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman which was delivered, ready to devour her child after it was born.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

IIRC on sep 23 Jupiter leaves virgo womb at sunset. The Draconid meteors happen in the evening hours. If they happen on the same day that would be cool but this is a sign from the lord so it will be aligned with the laws of nature.

The Draconids are scheduled for 7-8th of October. "This shower is usually a sleeper, producing only a handful of languid meteors per hour in most years. But watch out if the Dragon awakes! In rare instances, fiery Draco has been known to spew forth many hundreds of meteors in a single hour."

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essential ... th-taurids

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

I have a question for the astronomers on the forum. Last night I was doing an internet search to determine if local astronomy clubs would be gathering to see this constellation on the 23rd since it's such a rare event. Religious aspect aside, you'd think that something so rare would garner some attention. I found no mention of it anywhere other than religious sites.

It kind of made me doubt the significance of the event. Does anyone have an opinion on why it's not more of a big deal to astronomers? Thanks.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

gangbusters wrote: September 4th, 2017, 7:07 pm I have a question for the astronomers on the forum. Last night I was doing an internet search to determine if local astronomy clubs would be gathering to see this constellation on the 23rd since it's such a rare event. Religious aspect aside, you'd think that something so rare would garner some attention. I found no mention of it anywhere other than religious sites.

It kind of made me doubt the significance of the event. Does anyone have an opinion on why it's not more of a big deal to astronomers? Thanks.
Why would scientists care that Mars venus and Mercury all align near Leo? Why would they care that Jupiter bounces around inside Virgo for 42 weeks? The scientific community fights religion far more often than not besides. Spaced_out made a great point in another thread. True science supports the fact that there is a Supreme Creator.
2 Nephi 9: 28 O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
29 But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God.
This is a true principle of the pride of the wise and learned of the world being at odds with God. It's a facet of the large and spacious building. Scientists point and mock at those who don't show fealty to their mainstream points of view.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

gangbusters wrote: September 4th, 2017, 7:07 pm I have a question for the astronomers on the forum. Last night I was doing an internet search to determine if local astronomy clubs would be gathering to see this constellation on the 23rd since it's such a rare event. Religious aspect aside, you'd think that something so rare would garner some attention. I found no mention of it anywhere other than religious sites.

I recently read on Apple News a list of astronomical events that would take place this month. THEY DID NOT MENTION 9/23! Like, every single number of planetary alingments all come together on September 23. There will even be 5 planets in the sky on the 23rd!

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Bronco73idi wrote: September 3rd, 2017, 10:47 pm IIRC on sep 23 Jupiter leaves virgo womb at sunset. The Draconid meteors happen in the evening hours. If they happen on the same day that would be cool but this is a sign from the lord so it will be aligned with the laws of nature.

The Draconids are scheduled for 7-8th of October. "This shower is usually a sleeper, producing only a handful of languid meteors per hour in most years. But watch out if the Dragon awakes! In rare instances, fiery Draco has been known to spew forth many hundreds of meteors in a single hour."

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essential ... th-taurids
The Geminid shower is becoming more amazing every year. It's in December and comes from a potentially hazardous asteroid, 3200 Phaethon. Another lunar eclipse follows in January 2018. I only mention Geminid bc it's brilliant and becoming more so each year. And it's kinda fun that a lunar eclipse follows so soon after.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

The only significant thing about September 23 is that its New Years Day on the Lords calendar - the Feast of Trumpets. The Autumnal Equinox takes place at around 1400 on September 22 and on the lunar calendar the new moon is September 20 and so it's also the official Jewish New Year(Rosh Hashana) on Sep 20/21.

I notice in the comments a couple of characters warning people not to look to the heavens for signs even though God has clearly told us that we SHOULD look to the heavens and specifically to the sun and the moon - to tell us where we are on the Lords calendar and to look for specific events happening on certain sacred days.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:. Genesis 1:14

23 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Leviticus 23:23-24

it's a day worth remembering and every year I make a point of finding out when the equinox is and observing that day as God has told us to.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Just 2 days to go.

Are you ready!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: September 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I recently read on Apple News a list of astronomical events that would take place this month. THEY DID NOT MENTION 9/23! Like, every single number of planetary alingments all come together on September 23. There will even be 5 planets in the sky on the 23rd!
That confirms it! ;)

Someone was saying Apple was the beast or something. It was actually pretty compelling. The fruit logo isn't an apple but the forbidden fruit which is why a bite was taken out or some such. It would also explain why I'm repulsed by Apple products! :D

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

It is now Saturday the 23 September, 2017 here on the East Coast of Australia.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Yesterdays news....
Earthquake WARNING: Major tremor in California ‘INEVITABLE’ after ‘unusual’ quake chain
https://www.longroom.com/discussion/693 ... quake-chai

Just checked there have been a 5.7 off the coast in California today so far..... get your quaking boots on it is going to be a wild ride.
Elizabeth wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:09 am It is now Saturday the 23 September, 2017 here on the East Coast of Australia.
Yeah great I am going to the Hunter Valley arms fair in Mainland to celebrate.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:30 pm Yesterdays news....
Earthquake WARNING: Major tremor in California ‘INEVITABLE’ after ‘unusual’ quake chain
https://www.longroom.com/discussion/693 ... quake-chai

Just checked there have been a 5.7 off the coast in California today so far..... get your quaking boots on it is going to be a wild ride.
Elizabeth wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 8:09 am It is now Saturday the 23 September, 2017 here on the East Coast of Australia.

Scientists are baffled again in the article that is linked from the article you posted:

Edit: I'll let people click the link in Spaced_Out's article. Just be warned that there were some pretty bad other articles linked on the daily sun. Definitely NSFW.

Poor scientists! Baffled by solar flares. Baffled by hurricanes. And now this! Earthquakes...

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Almost 8am and all is well ;)
Spaced_Out wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 2:30 pm