Last Days Timeline

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

When do You think the Second Coming will Most Likely Happen?

Sooner (Your crazy)
30%
April 6, 2030- April 6, 2060 at 12:30PM
51%
April 6, 2060- April 6, 2100 at 12:30PM
3%
April 6, 2100- April 6, 2130 at 12:30PM
No votes
April 6, 2130- April 6, 2160 at 12:30PM
5%
April 6, 2160- April 6, 2200 at 12:30PM
No votes
April 6, 2200- April 6 2230 at 12:30PM
3%
Beyond (Tell us your reasoning)
8%

Total votes: 37
Merriner
captain of 50

Re: Last Days Timeline

Post by Merriner »

World War 3 will start between 5-10 years. Russia and China wont be ready until them. They are still developing their new missiles that will travel twice the distance, and building up their fleets. They are preparing for this war, but they won't start it until they know they can win. China wants to be the one and only world power, Russia wants to be the world power, and the Globalists want world domination, so we will have 3 competing forces, most likely, the communists will unite to wipe out the Globalists and then betray each other. The Globalists who probably have top secret weapons (probably on satellites in space) for the time being are using communism to break down society and destabilize the world so that they can come out and save us with the New World Order. Lucky for us, we know that Christ will come to save us before we are all completely wiped out. It is not going to be a smooth transition. But it will be awesome to finally be there. I hope I can endure it with my wife and kids. Like others, I am still wondering when the real persecution against the church will start again. Probably not until we come out of Babylon and stop being friends with them. It could come during the great wars that lie ahead.

Liberty Ghost
captain of 10

Post by Liberty Ghost »

Until very recently, I would have said much earlier than 2030. However, a few weeks ago I ran across a book "A Remnant Shall Return" by Michael Rush that has changed my thinking. He notes an interesting Apochryphal prophecy in Esdras II that I had been unaware of. Although I do not agree with all of his conclusions, I think that his basic interpretation is sound.

The prophecy is about a 3 headed eagle. An angel helps him understand the meaning of some of the symbols in the vision. The eagle represents a powerful kingdom in the Latter Days, which Rush identifies as the US. The eagle has wings/feathers which correspond to king which will rule in succession. There are 20 total feathers/wings that are mentioned. The key to aligning the feathers to the presidents is that the second feather rules for twice as long as any other feather, before or after, which points to FDR. If he is the second king in this prophecy, then Hoover is the first.

There are 8 king which serve a shorter time or term than normal. The second of these happens at about the midpoint of the first 14 presidents. JFK and Nixon served less than their full terms. Nixon was halfway between Hoover and Obama. So far, it fits very well. After the 14th king, according to the prophecy, each of the last six kings serves less than their full term.

The first king (after Obama) is Trump. It says that he serves the majority of his term but not all of it. It does not say whether he is killed, impeached, or resigns. The next president after him serves even less time. So, between them we have a minimum of 5-7 years, but it could be longer if they each are elected to two terms.

At this point, the three heads of the eagle, which have been sleeping, wake up. The angel tells Esdras that these heads represent 3 other kingdoms. Two of the remaining 4 kings align themselves with one of the heads. The other two kings are elected, but their times are cut short by the actions of the 3 heads, possibly to install the last two kings as puppets of one of the 3 heads.

Finally, the last two kings rule, but their time is very short and the kingdom that they rule is small and in bad shape. During their rule, the body of the eagle is burned up. I think that this is talking about the destruction of the US and it seems that it occurs at the hands of three foreign countries, perhaps Russia, China and ?, who have installed two puppets as presidents to aid them in their invasion. These 3 kingdoms then fight with each other, one king dies of natural causes, in his bed, in great pain, the second is killed by the third, who is then also killed by the sword.

So far, it appears that this prophecy is accurate, if not well known. If we assume a short timeline, then we are probably talking about 7 years for the first two presidents, a similar time for the next two, then the tribulation begins, which lasts 3 and a half years, with the two last presidents serving during that time. So, approximately 12-14 years until the beginning of the tribulation.

If we try to make that jive with Daniels prophecy about the weeks, it also seems to line up. There are two times given in that prophecy, 70 weeks and 62 weeks. Everything has to be finished (including second coming) by 70 weeks. In the first 62 weeks, the temple (in Jerusalem) is built, the wall is built and the daily sacrifice is re-instituted. The wall may have already begun, if is referring to the wall to keep Palestinians out of Israel. If you assume that weeks represent weeks, then the temple building happens rapidly, in just over a year. If you allow weeks to represent years and add it to the date that the Israelis captured Jerusalem, 1967, then you get 2029. This is the point in time which marks the Abomination of Desolation, and the beginning of the tribulation. As I said before, that date matches pretty well with the Esdras prophecy.

There will be a very unique sign appearing in the heavens on Sept 23rd of this year, which appears to match exactly the description in Revelations 12, and which seems to be the advent of the mission of the Davidic Servant, or end-times messiah, (probably John). I think that it will be followed by a massive meteor shower sometime soon after, which will help confirm it's significance.

In the Book of Mormon, massive societal changes happened quite rapidly towards the advent of the Savior. I think we are seeing that today. 5 years ago, no one would have thought that the Church would be positioning itself into a stance of tolerance for LGBTs, but here we are, with gay scouts, gay leaders and soon transgender scouts welcome. Even the Church is aligning itself with the more progressive elements in society, embracing illegal immigration and largely ignoring those who wish to defend the Constitution. The end-times are definitely upon us. The war on cash today is one of the last things needed to prepare the way for the financial controls needed by the Anti-Christ, so it will not take that long to get from here to there. I could even see it happening sooner, except for the time needed by Esdras' prophecy. Mr. Rush thinks that the last four presidents reign is very, very short, so I think his timeline might even allow for the tribulation to begin sooner than I have it.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Liberty Ghost wrote:Until very recently, I would have said much earlier than 2030. However, a few weeks ago I ran across a book "A Remnant Shall Return" by Michael Rush that has changed my thinking. He notes an interesting Apochryphal prophecy in Esdras II that I had been unaware of. Although I do not agree with all of his conclusions, I think that his basic interpretation is sound.

The prophecy is about a 3 headed eagle. An angel helps him understand the meaning of some of the symbols in the vision. The eagle represents a powerful kingdom in the Latter Days, which Rush identifies as the US. The eagle has wings/feathers which correspond to king which will rule in succession. There are 20 total feathers/wings that are mentioned. The key to aligning the feathers to the presidents is that the second feather rules for twice as long as any other feather, before or after, which points to FDR. If he is the second king in this prophecy, then Hoover is the first.

There are 8 king which serve a shorter time or term than normal. The second of these happens at about the midpoint of the first 14 presidents. JFK and Nixon served less than their full terms. Nixon was halfway between Hoover and Obama. So far, it fits very well. After the 14th king, according to the prophecy, each of the last six kings serves less than their full term.

The first king (after Obama) is Trump. It says that he serves the majority of his term but not all of it. It does not say whether he is killed, impeached, or resigns. The next president after him serves even less time. So, between them we have a minimum of 5-7 years, but it could be longer if they each are elected to two terms.

At this point, the three heads of the eagle, which have been sleeping, wake up. The angel tells Esdras that these heads represent 3 other kingdoms. Two of the remaining 4 kings align themselves with one of the heads. The other two kings are elected, but their times are cut short by the actions of the 3 heads, possibly to install the last two kings as puppets of one of the 3 heads.

Finally, the last two kings rule, but their time is very short and the kingdom that they rule is small and in bad shape. During their rule, the body of the eagle is burned up. I think that this is talking about the destruction of the US and it seems that it occurs at the hands of three foreign countries, perhaps Russia, China and ?, who have installed two puppets as presidents to aid them in their invasion. These 3 kingdoms then fight with each other, one king dies of natural causes, in his bed, in great pain, the second is killed by the third, who is then also killed by the sword.

So far, it appears that this prophecy is accurate, if not well known. If we assume a short timeline, then we are probably talking about 7 years for the first two presidents, a similar time for the next two, then the tribulation begins, which lasts 3 and a half years, with the two last presidents serving during that time. So, approximately 12-14 years until the beginning of the tribulation.

If we try to make that jive with Daniels prophecy about the weeks, it also seems to line up. There are two times given in that prophecy, 70 weeks and 62 weeks. Everything has to be finished (including second coming) by 70 weeks. In the first 62 weeks, the temple (in Jerusalem) is built, the wall is built and the daily sacrifice is re-instituted. The wall may have already begun, if is referring to the wall to keep Palestinians out of Israel. If you assume that weeks represent weeks, then the temple building happens rapidly, in just over a year. If you allow weeks to represent years and add it to the date that the Israelis captured Jerusalem, 1967, then you get 2029. This is the point in time which marks the Abomination of Desolation, and the beginning of the tribulation. As I said before, that date matches pretty well with the Esdras prophecy.

There will be a very unique sign appearing in the heavens on Sept 23rd of this year, which appears to match exactly the description in Revelations 12, and which seems to be the advent of the mission of the Davidic Servant, or end-times messiah, (probably John). I think that it will be followed by a massive meteor shower sometime soon after, which will help confirm it's significance.

In the Book of Mormon, massive societal changes happened quite rapidly towards the advent of the Savior. I think we are seeing that today. 5 years ago, no one would have thought that the Church would be positioning itself into a stance of tolerance for LGBTs, but here we are, with gay scouts, gay leaders and soon transgender scouts welcome. Even the Church is aligning itself with the more progressive elements in society, embracing illegal immigration and largely ignoring those who wish to defend the Constitution. The end-times are definitely upon us. The war on cash today is one of the last things needed to prepare the way for the financial controls needed by the Anti-Christ, so it will not take that long to get from here to there. I could even see it happening sooner, except for the time needed by Esdras' prophecy. Mr. Rush thinks that the last four presidents reign is very, very short, so I think his timeline might even allow for the tribulation to begin sooner than I have it.

What great insight. It seems like you did your research. Even though we do not know what hour, day, or year, it would best to say that Christ is coming soon! :)

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Liberty Ghost wrote:Until very recently, I would have said much earlier than 2030. However, a few weeks ago I ran across a book "A Remnant Shall Return" by Michael Rush that has changed my thinking. He notes an interesting Apochryphal prophecy in Esdras II that I had been unaware of. Although I do not agree with all of his conclusions, I think that his basic interpretation is sound.

What made you get September 23rd? That's 10 days after my birthday :)

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

April 6, 2021.

I don't think the sign currently in the heavens - depicted in Revelations 12: Jupiter (the king) in Virgo (the Virgin) and delivering the 'child' on September 23, 2017 is 'just a coincidence'. I think it 'could' be the beginning of the last 3.5 years of the Tribulations.

Here is my thinking (some of which is borrowed from Cleon Skousen's "What to Expect in the Next 25 Years"):

Revelation 8:1 “And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.”

This immediately raises some highly significant questions. For example:

#1. According to OUR calendar, when will the seventh seal be opened, and the half-hour of silence begins in heaven?

Until 1582 A.D. our calendar was not at all accurate, but Pope Gregory employed a group of mathematicians and astronomers to restructure the calendar. They set up the new calendar so that it was in perfect harmony or calibration with the sun. To make it completely accurate they had to add one day every four years and that is how we got our “leap year.”

But even with all that restructuring, how are we certain that it is completely accurate? The best answer to that question is in the Doctrine and Covenants. On two occasions the Lord used the Gregorian calendar in such a way that it seemed to clearly imply his approval of it.

In D & C Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.”

In the very next section we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says:

“Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” (D&C 21:2–3)

So if our calendar is accurate and apparently approved by the Lord, there is no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven. It commenced in the year 2000 AD .

#2 WHEN DOES THE HALF HOUR OF SILENCE END?

From a modern revelation we learn when the half hour of silence ends. Here is what the Lord says:

“And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour, and IMMEDIATELY after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, AND THE FACE OF THE LORD SHALL BE UNVEILED; and the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.” (D&C 88:95)

Obviously we are talking about the Second Coming. So this tells us when the half hour of silence ends. It is just before the Second Coming.

#3. CAN WE calculate THE ACTUAL DURATION OF THE HALF HOUR OF SILENCE?

Since we know the half hour of silence begins at 2,000 A.D. when the seventh seal is opened and since we know from a modern revelation that the half hour of silence ends with the Second Coming, can we calculate in terms of years the length of time which will elapse between these two monumental events? In other words, can we determine about how long the half hour of silence lasts?

One of the apostles felt that such a calculation was possible. Here is the way Elder Bruce R. McConkie suggested it could be done. After talking about the half hour of silence, he says:

“If the time here mentioned is ‘ Lord’s time’ in which one day is a thousand years, the half hour would be some twenty-one of our years.”

Elder McConkie reached this conclusion based on the following scriptures:

“A day with the Lord after his manner of reckoning, it being 1000 years according to the time appointed to that "whereon thou standest.”

And again:

“But beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that ONE DAY is with the Lord as a THOUSAND YEARS, and a thousand years as one day.”

The next step was to divide 1,000 years by 24 to determine what an hour would be according to God’s time. It turned out to be 41.66 years or just under 42 years. This means that a half hour of God’s time would be nearly 21 years. This would clearly suggest that this is the duration of the half hour of silence in heaven and the period of time when the angels undertake the calamitous preparation of the earth for the Savior’s second coming.

This points directly to 2021.

In addition, if my interpretation of Daniel's prophesies about the last days are correct, the Tribulations will last 7 years but we may not realize it until the last 3.5 years. Some kind of an agreement will be made between the anti-christ and Israel at the beginning of the 7 years. During that first 3.5 years, the anti-christ will be on the earth and begin to gain power. I looked back 3 and a half years before September 23,2017 and could not believe what I found. The Pope was in talks with Israel. Now, I could be completely off, but it seems that the Pope has begun to show a political agenda that have surprised more than a few, at one point stating "who am I to judge anyone who has had an abortion?". He is the first to address the UN and the US Congress and has been very critical of Israel. He even calls himself the "vicar of Christ" (one definition of vicar is a "substitute").

So.... it is interesting to speculate but the REAL sign in my mind is Revelations 12 and the current sign in the heavens. On September 23, 2017 a sign forms in the heavens that As far as can be determined from computer models, this is the only time this sign will occur in history. Therefore, this would literally be the Great Sign of Revelation that is to appear in heaven. The woman in heaven is Virgo–the Virgin. The sun is the sun “clothing Virgo” and the moon is actually under her feet. The garland of twelve stars are the nine stars of Leo with three wandering stars that have been situated within Leo at this time to make twelve. Those wandering stars are: Mercury, Mars, and Venus. The last element of the sign is that the Virgin must be with child. The planet or star of the Messiah is Jupiter. Jupiter at this time is in the womb of Virgo. Jupiter gestates a full 9 months - the same as a human gestation. Again, no replication of this sign has yet to be found.
Last edited by Rosevhs on February 22nd, 2017, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberty Ghost
captain of 10

Post by Liberty Ghost »

Zion2100
The date is pretty well known. It matches the description in Rev 12 with great precision. There are several features mentioned in that passage.

The first is that John tells us that he sees a "wonder in heaven". He sees a "woman clothed with the Sun" with the "Moon beneath her feet" and a crown of 12 stars over her head. I think this has reference to the constellation Virgo. Every fall the Sun travels through Virgo. On a certain day, one or two days after the new moon, the Sun will be in the constellation and the Moon will be somewhere around the stars which make up the feet of the constellation. It just so happens that this date corresponds with Rosh Hoshanna, the Feast of Trumpets. Anciently, on this day, the kings of Israel were crowned. As Christians, we recognize that the coming of Christ in the Meridian of Time fulfilled 3 of the feast days (Heb - appointments). All of these were in the spring: Passover, the Feast of First Fruits and Pentecost. The remaining feasts are all related to the advent of the end-times messiah. They all occur in the Fall and none of them have been fulfilled yet. So, I think that the date is significant, but the Sun and Moon mark that occasion every year, so it's not much of an indicator by itself.

The word planet means "wandering star" While the stars are fixed in the heavens, the Lord says that he gave us the Sun, Moon and stars for signs and seasons, etc (Gen 1). Above the head of Virgo is another constellation, Leo the Lion. Leo has 9 principle stars which make up the constellation. Leo is associated with the tribe of Judah (Gen 40) and Regulus, it's principle, brightest star makes up it's right shoulder, which has been associated with priesthood. Since the stars of Leo never move relative to Virgo, we must look to the planets to add to the constellation if we are to have a crown of 12 stars. Any 3 of the 5 visible planets will do. Unfortunately, although this is more rare, this also happens often enough to not be a very specific indicator. On average it happens about 3 times in 10 years.

But, there is more. John also sees that the woman is "travailing in birth". Later John indicates that the person that is born is to be someone very special, the end-times messiah. Every 12 years Jupiter, known anciently as the king planet, makes it's way through the constellations. Beginning last November Jupiter entered the quadrangle of stars which make up the torso of Virgo. Due to the fact that the orbit of Earth tracks inside of Jupiter, every year as we approach Jupiter, it does a remarkable thing; it appears to reverse it's apparent motion for a time. This is known as retrograde motion. a month or two later, it again reverses it's apparent direction, returning to it's generally Eastward direction. This year, all of that retrograde motion occurs within the torso of Virgo. Finally, it will exit the torso between the "legs" of the constellation about a week before the Sun, Moon and 12 stars are in position. The length of time that it will have spent within the torso of Virgo is about 42 weeks, nearly the normal gestation of a baby. It appears to symbolize the woman giving birth. When you add this piece to the puzzle, it becomes apparent that this configuration is quite rare. It hasn't happened in the last 5,000 years and won't happen again for at least another 2,000 years!

So, we have a very special date that exactly matches the scriptural account by John. That date? Sept. 23, 2017, which is also Rosh Hoshanna, the holiest Jewish Holy Day, the day that Israel traditionally crowned it's kings.

Liberty Ghost
captain of 10

Post by Liberty Ghost »

Zion2100 - cont.
But in the next few verses there's another indicator that we may use to make sure that the sign described above is significant.

John says that he sees "another wonder in heaven"; he sees a dragon which, with it's tail, drags one third of the stars of heaven to Earth". I grew up seeing this as symbolic of the War in Heaven, with Satan dragging down a third of the host to the Earth, but now, with my understanding of the foregoing passage, I think that this, too, will have a similar fulfillment. I think that sometime, soon after the sign described above occurs this fall, that we will see a massive meteor shower. Possibly this shower will emanate from the direction of Draco the Dragon, but that is just conjecture on my part. If this occurs, it will be something very unique. With our modern computers we can easily predict that the stars will match the pattern described by John on Sept 23 this year, but we cannot predict a random, massive meteor shower. I believe that these two signs will be given approximately together (within say, a year or less). If they do, I believe that it will be a grand signal to those paying attention, that great events are on our doorstep. It will be another of the great signs and wonders that were prophesied.

We have already seen a relatively rare grouping of lunar eclipses, known as blood moons, occur during the last few years. All of them occurred on Jewish feast days. On August 21st of this year we will have another remarkable event; a total solar eclipse which will completely traverse the United States, from Oregon to North Carolina. I believe that the totality will pass directly over Jackson, Co Missouri. Ancient Israel viewed conjunctions, where two or more planets closely align with other stars or planets as a good omen, because as the stars approach each other they appear brighter (more light = good), whereas they viewed eclipses as a bad omen (less light = bad). I believe that this is a bad omen for America. I think the Lord is reminding us that if we do not repent, we are headed for trouble. These celestial events appear to match the signs that Christ said would presage his return.

As to who the end-times messiah will be, I think D&C 77 tells us that it will be John, The Revelator. A careful reading of Revelations seems to point towards the idea that the revelation was given to John as an instruction manual for his mission in the latter days. As John is still alive, but hidden, I do not expect that this sign will be of his birth, but of the advent of his mission.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Liberty Ghost wrote:Zion2100 - cont.
But in the next few verses there's another indicator that we may use to make sure that the sign described above is significant.

John says that he sees "another wonder in heaven"; he sees a dragon which, with it's tail, drags one third of the stars of heaven to Earth". I grew up seeing this as symbolic of the War in Heaven, with Satan dragging down a third of the host to the Earth, but now, with my understanding of the foregoing passage, I think that this, too, will have a similar fulfillment. I think that sometime, soon after the sign described above occurs this fall, that we will see a massive meteor shower. Possibly this shower will emanate from the direction of Draco the Dragon, but that is just conjecture on my part. If this occurs, it will be something very unique. With our modern computers we can easily predict that the stars will match the pattern described by John on Sept 23 this year, but we cannot predict a random, massive meteor shower. I believe that these two signs will be given approximately together (within say, a year or less). If they do, I believe that it will be a grand signal to those paying attention, that great events are on our doorstep. It will be another of the great signs and wonders that were prophesied.

We have already seen a relatively rare grouping of lunar eclipses, known as blood moons, occur during the last few years. All of them occurred on Jewish feast days. On August 21st of this year we will have another remarkable event; a total solar eclipse which will completely traverse the United States, from Oregon to North Carolina. I believe that the totality will pass directly over Jackson, Co Missouri. Ancient Israel viewed conjunctions, where two or more planets closely align with other stars or planets as a good omen, because as the stars approach each other they appear brighter (more light = good), whereas they viewed eclipses as a bad omen (less light = bad). I believe that this is a bad omen for America. I think the Lord is reminding us that if we do not repent, we are headed for trouble. These celestial events appear to match the signs that Christ said would presage his return.

As to who the end-times messiah will be, I think D&C 77 tells us that it will be John, The Revelator. A careful reading of Revelations seems to point towards the idea that the revelation was given to John as an instruction manual for his mission in the latter days. As John is still alive, but hidden, I do not expect that this sign will be of his birth, but of the advent of his mission.

I'm so excited for this to happen. You are spot on with this. Also, when do you think the second coming will happen?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Well, I will serve my mission from 2020-2022, so I hope that nothing major happens, such as the missionaries being called home.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Zion2080 wrote:Well, I will serve my mission from 2020-2022, so I hope that nothing major happens, such as the missionaries being called home.
I knew you were just a young one! :D

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Liberty Ghost wrote:Zion2100 - cont.

After reading revelation 12, I have came to some conclusions:

1. 1/3 of the stars of heaven will fall, symbolic the casting out of Satan and his followers
2. The Times of The Gentiles will end (missionaries will be called home)

Liberty Ghost
captain of 10

Post by Liberty Ghost »

Rosevhs
You may be right about the timing, there's a lot of possible interpretations to all of this stuff. One problem I have with the passage in D&C 88:95 is what it says: afterwards those alive will be caught up to meet him. My problem is that it doesn't appear to square with other descriptions of the events of the second coming.

As I understand it, there will be a lot of work done by the end-times messiah (John), including: building the temple, hiding the church during the tribulation, defeating the army of the Assyrians, calling the 144,000, gathering the 12 tribes, building a temple in Jackson Co., and establishing Zion. Meanwhile, Christ comes in near the end of this and ends the tribulation of the Jews in Jerusalem. He lands on the Mount of Olives (which splits in half) and introduces himself to the tribe of Judah then He destroys an army in the valley of Megiddo (Armegeddon).

Christ reigns as King of Kings in Jerusalem, while John reigns as king in the New Jerusalem, judges people and makes the laws. There are a lot of passages in Isaiah and other messianic prophets which deal with this time, but not that many that deal with what Christians term the Rapture.

My theory, which is probably wrong, is that these passages may actually refer to a different end-time; after the Millenium. In the economy of God, it seems that there are quite a few passages of prophecy which will have dual fulfillment. For example, the Assyrian destruction of Egypt was accomplished about 2600 years ago, but it also seems to be a type for what will happen to America in our day, so those same passages are just as relevant to us today as they were 2600 years ago. In the same sense, I think that there are a number of scriptures which are jumbled among the prophecies which point not to Christ's first advent, nor to his second, but I think they will be fulfilled at the end of the Millenium. At that time, Satan will be finally bound and the Earth will be burned in preparation for the Earth becoming a celestial sphere. I suspect that, just prior to that, Christ will come and gather those left alive into the air.

One reason I have for this idea is the descriptions of the destruction of the Armies at Armegeddon. They aren't destroyed by fire, but by a gigantic hailstorm with hail weighing something like 70 lbs. Although I believe that the Assyrians (Russia, China?) will use fire to destroy much of America and probably a good deal of the rest of the world, most of the descriptions seem to indicate a rapid return to normal after a long and tragic war. Although this nation will be left desolate, within a generation, it will be crowded again. After Christ comes and the Mount of Olives splits, a spring will come from under the altar of the temple and will pour so much water into the Dead Sea that it will support fish again.These don't sound like a general destruction by fire event to me. So, for these reasons, I think that the grand destruction by fire may be referring to the final destruction of the wicked instead of the destruction which heralds the beginning of the Millenium.

I don't know what to do with the half hour in heaven calculation. I have read quite a few accounts which calculate it the way you do, but I'm unable to cross-link it with much else that I read. Is the time given symbolic or an accurate accounting? Is it the Lord's timescale or ours? Exactly when do we begin counting from? There are a lot of things in Revelation which appear to be ordered, but which may, in fact, be simply a listing of events. I don't feel that I know anything with enough certainty to be sure I've got it right. I feel more confident when I'm able to corroborate an event or sequence in two or more prophecies, which is why I'm really fascinated by the Esdras II prophecy.

Of course, I think we'll all have a much better idea about all of this after the Millenium begins. After that, any prophecies left unfulfilled will definitely be referring to that final destruction and I suspect that there will be quite a few prophecies which will have been shown to have dual or even triple fulfillment. The Lord doesn't seem to have a problem with confusing prophecies. Those who listen to the spirit will get it right, while those who think they know the Lord's mind will fail, just like the Sadducees failed to understand what was really happening in their day.

Liberty Ghost
captain of 10

Post by Liberty Ghost »

Zion2080
That's a good question. My best guess at present is that it's anywhere from imminent to soon. We know that the tribulation appears to last 3.5 years, although it's possible that the tribulation in Jerusalem and the tribulation in America will not necessarily cover the same exact time. I think that they coincide, but I'm not at all sure. Assuming that they happen at the same time, then it would be at least 3.5 years after the Abomination of Desolation. The Abomination of Desolation can't take place until after the temple is build in Jerusalem. This happens at the direction of the end-times messiah, and will take either 62 weeks (about one and a quarter years) or 62 years, depending on your interpretation. If the former, and assuming that the messiah gets started immediately, that could mean as early as 2021. (Assuming his advent is sometime this fall.) However, I suspect that the work of the Messiah will take more time than that. With my recent introduction to the Esdras II prophecy, above, I think that it's more likely that Daniel's 62 weeks are actually 62 years. If so, I think that the clock began ticking in 1967, so I suspect that means that the Abomination of Desolation would likely come in 2029 or so, which gives a date of about 2033.

There's lots of supposition in even that range of dates, but that's my best guess at present.

There are still lots of events which must happen in the intervening years. There may be a 5 month war and a 13 month war. I say may, because some think that the First Gulf War matches the description of the 5 month war mentioned in Revelations. The key events for America that I'm aware of are that there will be a civil war which will be followed by an invasion by foreign powers (most likely Russia and/or China). I'm not sure how long the civil war lasts, but my guess is anywhere from 6 months to several years. At some point, either prior to or during the civil war, I believe that the end-times messiah will lead anyone who will follow him into the wilderness, where they will be tried, tested and protected from destruction. My expectation is that he will be a very controversial, very public figure. I suspect that many, even faithful members of the Church, will have a hard time leaving the comforts of Babylon to follow him.

If Michael Rush is right in his interpretation of Esdras, there will be 4 presidents of the US before the civil war/invasion. He seems to think that it could happen all at once, in similar fashion to the plot of the Designated Survivor series, but I don't see it that way myself.

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

Liberty Ghost wrote:
You may be right about the timing, there's a lot of possible interpretations to all of this stuff. One problem I have with the passage in D&C 88:95 is what it says: afterwards those alive will be caught up to meet him. My problem is that it doesn't appear to square with other descriptions of the events of the second coming.
Thanks for your thoughtful insight Liberty Ghost. First, In regard to D&C 88:96 - To be clear, I believe this is referring to what happens to those left on the earth who are righteous immediately following the Tribulations, immediately preceding the ushering in of the Millennium. They (and the righteous who have passed away) will be joined together with the Savior, who returns again in the flesh.

Here are just a few additional testimonies I think help back this up:

Speaking to Joseph Smith by revelation in 1832, Here's the Lord's own account: "All the Saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him. And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven -- They are Christ's, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on he earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God." (D&C 88:96-98)

In the book Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage stated, "With Christ shall come those who have already been resurrected; and His approach shall be the means of inaugurating a general resurrection of the righteous dead, while the pure and just who are still in the flesh shall be instantaneously changed from the mortal to the immortal state and shall be caught up with the newly resurrected to meet the Lord and His celestial company, and shall descend with Him."

In his letter to the Church at Thessalonica, Paul wrote, "Then they who are alive, shall be caught up together into the clouds with them who remain, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we be ever with the Lord." (1Thess.4:17)

In the Millennial Messiah, Bruce R. McConkie wrote: "Christ's, the first fruits---who are they? They are all those who were with him in His resurrection. They are all those of Enoch's city, a righteous people who were translated and who then gained full immortality when Christ rose from his tomb.They are all those of the ages past who have burst the bands of death. They are the living saints who are quickened by the power of God and are caught up to meet their Lord in the air." (MM p 636)

To me, these testimonies are pretty significant. We are so fortunate to have modern revelation to help us interpret the words of the Savior, Isaiah, Paul (and others) and to help us understand the events which will come to pass. While many other Christian religions believe in a "Pre-Tribulation Rapture" or even a "Mid-Tribulation Rapture", we know through further light and knowledge given us that the righteous will not be taken up until the Lord comes again in all His glory. What an amazing scene will play out!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Merriner wrote: February 19th, 2017, 11:36 amI am still wondering when the real persecution against the church will start again. Probably not until we come out of Babylon and stop being friends with them.
Agreed. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I don't believe the "test, Test, TEST" Heber C. Kimball referred to has even begun yet.

harv
captain of 10

Post by harv »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: February 18th, 2017, 9:49 pm I predict it will be some time in the future.
:)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DesertWonderer wrote: February 15th, 2017, 8:41 am
BeNotDeceived wrote:Bad times begin the first week of April 2024.
Are you saying the period of "silence in the heavens" ends then? How did you come to that conclusion?
Updates to GDP

BEA releases three vintages of the current quarterly estimate for GDP: "Advance" estimates are
released near the end of the first month following the end of the quarter and are based on source data
that are incomplete or subject to further revision by the source agency; “second” and “third” estimates
are released near the end of the second and third months, respectively, and are based on more detailed
and more comprehensive data as they become available.

https://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nation ... 16_2nd.htm

Looks like the "advance" and "second" estimate for Q1/2017 are late. :-?

nzgirl
captain of 10

Post by nzgirl »

Older/wiser? wrote: February 15th, 2017, 9:31 am D&C 38:11-12 all flesh Is corrupted before me, and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the host of heaven 12 which causes" silence to reign", so the wickedness and corruption of man causes silence to reign, we have seen some of that yes, but the real atrocities that cause this have yet to be unleashed. April 2024 I am curious how that date came about.
What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 5:52 am
Older/wiser? wrote: February 15th, 2017, 9:31 am D&C 38:11-12 all flesh Is corrupted before me, and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the host of heaven 12 which causes" silence to reign", so the wickedness and corruption of man causes silence to reign, we have seen some of that yes, but the real atrocities that cause this have yet to be unleashed. April 2024 I am curious how that date came about.
What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.

That's why the Lord will kill millions of people, soon...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 5:52 am What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.
I see you are fairly new, but I don't recall seeing your name before, so let me precede my comment by welcoming you to the forum, nzgirl.

I think it is a good thing that most of us who try to live righteously can't imagine how it can get worse, but it will. I don't know what things are like in New Zealand, but here in the US I expect we will soon see greatly increasing attacks on Christianity, to the point where many will lose their jobs over their beliefs and governments try to prohibit churches from teaching Christian principles that conflict with the government. Sooner or later we will have an economic collapse that will lead to a social collapse. When there is no law enforcement we will see just how depraved people can be, and I would rather not see that even though I hope to still be mortal at the Second Coming. There are prophecies of parents killing children just so they will have something to eat. Rape rates have declined significantly in the US over the last couple decades, but when this collapse happens I expect wicked people will grab and rape any halfway attractive woman they see. Groups will break into houses to steal food and valuables, gang raping any women or girls they find in the house.

I agree with you that there is little hope for future generations, if things continue as they are. But I don't think they can continue this way for much longer. The wicked are ripening in iniquity. When they are fully ripe Heavenly Father will allow the wicked to destroy the wicked, giving all of us a couple of difficult years, but then the greater wickedness that exists today will be eliminated and the future will grow increasingly bright as we approach the Second Coming.

Assuming you are from New Zealand, you are probably familiar enough with sailing to understand this parable. We are on a passage and there's a nasty looking squall line in front of us. For a little while it's going to be increasingly unpleasant, but once the storm passes we will have beautiful weather.

nzgirl
captain of 10

Post by nzgirl »

brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 9:29 am
nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 5:52 am What could be more atrocious than Mothers marrying their sons and have incestuous relations, men raping babies which eventually leads to their death, daughters and their boyfriends killing their mothers for inheritance money, people being kidnapped and organs harvested and sold at the black market, crazed men murdering their neighbours dismembering and eating them, I have heard many people say things are going to get worse so can someone actually explain to me what could possibly be worse than the above all are real cases I might add. I haven't even touched on the many sexual perversions that are becoming rampant and tolerated by society. I for one am ready to leave this world because I am sick of it, it is wearing me down and I literally see little hope for the future generations.
I see you are fairly new, but I don't recall seeing your name before, so let me precede my comment by welcoming you to the forum, nzgirl.

I think it is a good thing that most of us who try to live righteously can't imagine how it can get worse, but it will. I don't know what things are like in New Zealand, but here in the US I expect we will soon see greatly increasing attacks on Christianity, to the point where many will lose their jobs over their beliefs and governments try to prohibit churches from teaching Christian principles that conflict with the government. Sooner or later we will have an economic collapse that will lead to a social collapse. When there is no law enforcement we will see just how depraved people can be, and I would rather not see that even though I hope to still be mortal at the Second Coming. There are prophecies of parents killing children just so they will have something to eat. Rape rates have declined significantly in the US over the last couple decades, but when this collapse happens I expect wicked people will grab and rape any halfway attractive woman they see. Groups will break into houses to steal food and valuables, gang raping any women or girls they find in the house.

I agree with you that there is little hope for future generations, if things continue as they are. But I don't think they can continue this way for much longer. The wicked are ripening in iniquity. When they are fully ripe Heavenly Father will allow the wicked to destroy the wicked, giving all of us a couple of difficult years, but then the greater wickedness that exists today will be eliminated and the future will grow increasingly bright as we approach the Second Coming.

Assuming you are from New Zealand, you are probably familiar enough with sailing to understand this parable. We are on a passage and there's a nasty looking squall line in front of us. For a little while it's going to be increasingly unpleasant, but once the storm passes we will have beautiful weather.
Thank you.

Here in Australia much of what you have said is already happening, Government is trying to impose a new curriculum called "Safe schools" they have called it an anti bullying programme but it is disguise for teaching children to accept LGBT, it has nothing to do with Anti bullying for example it teaches kids how to bind their breast if they identify as male and how to tuck their private parts if they are male identifying as female etc.

There is a huge economic downturn in the mining state of WA which is the wealthiest state in Australia, we have the highest unemployment rate and as quickly as everyone flocked here for the mining boom they have all left because the work has dried up, as a result of three unemployment rate our crime rate has skyrocketed, organised crime from the underworld is surfacing and drugs have ravaged communities.

Now I hope I haven't completely put you off WA because there is still good happening and it is beautiful here but in the space of almost 10 years society is almost unrecognisable this world is darkening at an accelerated rate, to me it would be cruel for Heavenly Father to not send our Saviour back before 2030, we need him this world and everyone in it is in trouble I know we are required to endure to the end and to have joy in this life it is something I strive to do but the prayer in my heart is and has been for a while now, for it just to be over.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

nzgirl wrote: March 20th, 2017, 4:27 pm
brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 9:29 am

Thank you.

Here in Australia much of what you have said is already happening, Government is trying to impose a new curriculum called "Safe schools" they have called it an anti bullying programme but it is disguise for teaching children to accept LGBT, it has nothing to do with Anti bullying for example it teaches kids how to bind their breast if they identify as male and how to tuck their private parts if they are male identifying as female etc.

There is a huge economic downturn in the mining state of WA which is the wealthiest state in Australia, we have the highest unemployment rate and as quickly as everyone flocked here for the mining boom they have all left because the work has dried up, as a result of three unemployment rate our crime rate has skyrocketed, organised crime from the underworld is surfacing and drugs have ravaged communities.

Now I hope I haven't completely put you off WA because there is still good happening and it is beautiful here but in the space of almost 10 years society is almost unrecognisable this world is darkening at an accelerated rate, to me it would be cruel for Heavenly Father to not send our Saviour back before 2030, we need him this world and everyone in it is in trouble I know we are required to endure to the end and to have joy in this life it is something I strive to do but the prayer in my heart is and has been for a while now, for it just to be over.

We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 8:49 pm We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.
Watch out for pride. For starters, don't state that you know the exact timeline when you are relying on your intellect. Second, don't look down on the wicked people burning in hell for eternity. Don't forget that there are many people who are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. A lot of these wicked people are going to learn about the gospel, accept it, and repent in the spirit world, so there won't be anywhere near as many people burning in hell as you are claiming.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 20th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 8:49 pm We have till 2100. But all the suffering us Saints will endure will DEFINITELY be worth it because we'll have Celestial Glory and have rule over countless worlds and galaxies while the wicked people will burn in Hell for all of eternity. I could live till me 70s or 80s, which would be in the 2070s-2080s. I really don't look forward to the next 66 years. I just tell myself "I can do this. I can get to the Celestial Kingdom." Because, once again, it is WORTH IT.
Watch out for pride. For starters, don't state that you know the exact timeline when you are relying on your intellect. Second, don't look down on the wicked people burning in hell for eternity. Don't forget that there are many people who are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. A lot of these wicked people are going to learn about the gospel, accept it, and repent in the spirit world, so there won't be anywhere near as many people burning in hell as you are claiming.
I know that there will be many people in the Telestial Kingdom, for starters. The Telestial is sort-of like a Hell because you don't get to enjoy the presence of God or Christ. And what about the World population at the Second Coming? Will the people who will burn go to the Telestial or Outer Darkness?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 20th, 2017, 10:41 pm I know that there will be many people in the Telestial Kingdom, for starters. The Telestial is sort-of like a Hell because you don't get to enjoy the presence of God or Christ. And what about the World population at the Second Coming? Will the people who will burn go to the Telestial or Outer Darkness?
Your question indicates that if you have read the scriptures you haven't understood them. Will the people who burn at the Second Coming go to the Telestial Kingdom or Outer Darkness? The answer is NEITHER. They go to the spirit world. While in the spirit world they will have the opportunity to accept the gospel and repent, and I am willing to bet the overwhelming majority will eventually do so.

When I joined the church then went on a mission, the church was using a pyramid shaped graphic to represent the Kingdoms of Glory. The large base was the Telestial kingdom, a smaller middle portion represented the Terrestrial, and the very special few end up in the Celestial Kingdom at the tiny top. I am thoroughly convinced that this pyramid is upside down. Here's just one part of my reasoning: We are taught that those who die before age 8 are not yet capable of sin and therefore qualify for exaltation. Before modern medicine the infant mortality rate was very high and the childhood death rates were also very high. Among one group of people who lived in the United States during the early years, the infant mortality rate was about 50%, and only about 50% of those who survived infancy reached age 10. In other words, only one quarter of those who were born survived to their 10th birthday, with the overwhelming majority of those who didn't hit 10 not reaching the age of accountability. So many people dying before they begin to become accountable means that a majority of that population is going to the Celestial Kingdom.

And even these days, most of the people I know who are sincerely supporting wickedness are good people who are just misled by Satan and men. It probably won't happen in this life, but almost all of them will come to accept the truth. Then they will repent and accept ordinances done in their behalf. A great many of these will qualify for the Celestial Kingdom.

Your posts remind me of a recent comment a woman made in Sunday School about how wonderfully blessed we are, that we will be the very few in the Celestial Kingdom and we are so much better than those around us. The whole time I was thinking that with talk like that she belongs atop a Rameumptom.