Be ready for a nuke attack before inauguration.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Re: Be ready for a nuke attack before inauguration.

Post by mirkwood »

It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the atomic holocausts that surely shall be.
Funny how the underlined part is always ignored when this quote gets thrown about. It completely changes the context of the quote.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

mirkwood wrote:
It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the atomic holocausts that surely shall be.
Funny how the underlined part is always ignored when this quote gets thrown about. It completely changes the context of the quote.
It also seems that many do not know how to read English. As stated, the meaning is that the atomic holocausts "shall surely be" and that it "may be" that nothing except he power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from said holocausts.

But as usual, people see what they want to see.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Original_Intent wrote:
mirkwood wrote:
It also seems that many do not know how to read English. As stated, the meaning is that the atomic holocausts "shall surely be" and that it "may be" that nothing except he power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from said holocausts.

You are, of course, correct, Original Intent. As it appears the issue is the inflammatory nature of the subject, i.e., atomic holocausts, let's change the wording to something nobody will deny exists, shall we? Here it is with the wording changed as highlighted in red:

It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the lying politicians that surely shall be.

Now how does that sentence read? Well, it's obvious that there will absolutely be lying politicians and the only way to save ourselves from them MAY BE by the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood. On the other hand, we may save ourselves through constant study and vigilance. Or there may be other ways to save ourselves from the corrupt politicians.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

brianj wrote:
Chip wrote:If George Albert Smith saw a black man in his vision, he would have certainly used the word "negro". "Greek extraction" would have meant Greek.
I have not studied George Albert Smith in detail yet so I have to ask: Can you point to examples from Smith's talks or writings where he uses the word negro?
The entire country called black people negros back then. That a negro would ever be president would have been ten times more notable than someone merely "of Greek extraction." I'll leave it to you to perform the utterly ridiculous task of determining whether George Albert Smith actually did or didn't ever use the word "negro".

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

How's this scenario:

MSM has accused Russia of helping Trump. Jill Stein recount is used as occasion to falsely confirm Russian involvement. Hostilities whipped up against Russia in the MSM. The PTB nuke an American city and blame Russia. The neocons get their war with Russia, after all.

Be_of_good_cheer
captain of 10

Post by Be_of_good_cheer »

Wow Chip, you are onto a realistic and utterly evil scenario. Shining a light on this now for all to see.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Chip wrote:The entire country called black people negros back then. That a negro would ever be president would have been ten times more notable than someone merely "of Greek extraction." I'll leave it to you to perform the utterly ridiculous task of determining whether George Albert Smith actually did or didn't ever use the word "negro".
I was born in the South and can tell you for a fact that in the first half of the 20th century another word was popular down there. It begins with N and rhymes with Digger. It's a fairly popular word in modern rap "music."

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Chip wrote:How's this scenario:

MSM has accused Russia of helping Trump. Jill Stein recount is used as occasion to falsely confirm Russian involvement. Hostilities whipped up against Russia in the MSM. The PTB nuke an American city and blame Russia. The neocons get their war with Russia, after all.
Except Obama and our intelligence community has already said there was no cyber attack or manipulation of the election results.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

brianj wrote:
Chip wrote:The entire country called black people negros back then. That a negro would ever be president would have been ten times more notable than someone merely "of Greek extraction." I'll leave it to you to perform the utterly ridiculous task of determining whether George Albert Smith actually did or didn't ever use the word "negro".
I was born in the South and can tell you for a fact that in the first half of the 20th century another word was popular down there. It begins with N and rhymes with Digger. It's a fairly popular word in modern rap "music."
Are you talking about Naggers?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

brianj wrote:

Well, I know Joseph Smith used the term "negro", so I would suppose George Albert Smith would have, too.

I thought you were supposing maybe George Albert Smith was politically correct before his time, being a prophet and everything, but you were imagining the opposite. I was worried I had triggered a snowflake. I'm relieved now.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Original_Intent wrote:
mirkwood wrote:

And some people merely want to
BarnStirringMoulage.gif
BarnStirringMoulage.gif (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2563 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

chicken-dance.GIF
chicken-dance.GIF (416.11 KiB) Viewed 2554 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A nuke attack? What happened to this threat?
Pending Destruction1.jpg
Pending Destruction1.jpg (95.63 KiB) Viewed 2551 times

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

setyourselffree wrote:
brianj wrote:I was born in the South and can tell you for a fact that in the first half of the 20th century another word was popular down there. It begins with N and rhymes with Digger. It's a fairly popular word in modern rap "music."
I'm not big on cartoons. I prefer real life:
Gotta love those seven seconds of stunned silence!

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

brianj wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
brianj wrote:I was born in the South and can tell you for a fact that in the first half of the 20th century another word was popular down there. It begins with N and rhymes with Digger. It's a fairly popular word in modern rap "music."
I'm not big on cartoons. I prefer real life:
Gotta love those seven seconds of stunned silence!
Ha! I've never seen that.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Try not to laugh.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Silver wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:
mirkwood wrote:

You are, of course, correct, Original Intent. As it appears the issue is the inflammatory nature of the subject, i.e., atomic holocausts, let's change the wording to something nobody will deny exists, shall we? Here it is with the wording changed as highlighted in red:

It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the lying politicians that surely shall be.

Now how does that sentence read? Well, it's obvious that there will absolutely be lying politicians and the only way to save ourselves from them MAY BE by the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood. On the other hand, we may save ourselves through constant study and vigilance. Or there may be other ways to save ourselves from the corrupt politicians.
You make a good point here.

I have few question for you: Why do you think that BRM was the only apostle before or since to have stated that there would be an atomic holocaust? Is is possible that he was a product of his cold-war era when everybody assumed the US / Russia would be involved in a nuke war? Is it possible that that statement was his opinion like when his FIL JFS said men would never get to the moon?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote:
Silver wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:
mirkwood wrote:

You make a good point here.

I have few question for you: 1. Why do you think that BRM was the only apostle before or since to have stated that there would be an atomic holocaust? 2. Is is possible that he was a product of his cold-war era when everybody assumed the US / Russia would be involved in a nuke war? 3. Is it possible that that statement was his opinion like when his FIL JFS said men would never get to the moon?
Those are all fair questions to which I have no response other than:
1. Not sure.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

I only joined the conversation because I thought the meaning of BRM's comment was being misinterpreted.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

Robin Hood wrote:
Silver wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Silver wrote:
I had a martial arts instructor explain the best defense for a strike by an opponent this way: Don't be there.
Good advice, but where is "there"?
That is for you to find out, Grasshopper.
Apparently it would be better to be a cockroach.
Yep, Cockroaches can survive anything. Move to the welsh mountains and live in the cavity of a rock...worked for Ether!!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Goonerboy wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Silver wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Good advice, but where is "there"?
Yep, Cockroaches can survive anything. Move to the welsh mountains and live in the cavity of a rock...worked for Ether!!
I wasn't aware that the Jaredites lived in Wales.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

LoL!!

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

[quote="markharr"]
We are not bound by numerous entangling alliances. Nato is currently the only one unless I am missing something.
/quote]

You are. The USA is bound to defend Taiwan and Japan and South Korea when any of this countries are attacked by treaties with each one.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Wait till the 19th of December. I have the feeling a lot of history for future books is happening as we speak.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Silver wrote:
Goonerboy wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Silver wrote:
I wasn't aware that the Jaredites lived in Wales.

No, that was Jonah.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

francisco.colaco wrote:Wait till the 19th of December. I have the feeling a lot of history for future books is happening as we speak.
What do you think will happen then?