I really think Julie Rowe may be bipolar.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
96walker
captain of 100

I really think Julie Rowe may be bipolar.

Post by 96walker »

So, it probably is no surprise, but I have been a very big supporter of JR on this site. I have never been given any direct confirmation of the truthfulness of her message, but I liked it because it seemed to follow what I do still feel is a very likely possible chain of events and course for the future. It seemed to bring the date of the Second Coming closer to the present, and that pleases me in and of itself. All of that being said, when she said the earthquake was imminent back in May, I told my wife that she had really painted herself into a corner with this one statement: "In the short term, I see a lot going on with the elections, and I’ve addressed those in other shows and maybe after this earthquake you can have me back on and we’ll go into more of that, because that will be imminent after the earthquake." This clearly indicates that her Wasatch Wake Up EQ was to have occurred before the elections. I told my wife back in May that if it did not happen by November 8th, she clearly is either mentally ill or a charlatan. I really think that it is the former, and not the latter. I have a sister that is bipolar, and the rants that Julie posted a few weeks ago on her website were very similar to rants that my sister would post when she is not taking her medicine. My sister, when in a manic episode, often has visions of grandeur, and thinks that our Father in Heaven is regularly speaking directly to her. She is very paranoid in these episodes where she thinks people are out to get her and that her very life is in danger. She also once even told me that she saw a vision of the future in regards to our lives and how we were going to become famous for artistic reasons. I now see this as a very good possibility of what Julie has been going through. I have decided that I specifically need to pray for her, and her family. This disease is so difficult to deal with, it is so hard for the family. It can even be downright dangerous. Please do not take this as me coming and saying that because JR is bipolar, all others like her that have dreams of the future are as well. However, I do think that it may be something that is common with many of them. Lastly, I do still think that many of the scenarios that JR spoke of will come to pass, I just do not think that she had a heavenly manifestation of these things. I think her mind is very confused to say the least, by other accounts she may have read, fears and hopes that she has, and the voices that she hears in her head. I really will be praying for her. Me personally discounting her accounts is not me necessarily also discounting GAS and other prophesies, but I need to be more guarded as to which ones I take to heart.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I really think Julie Rowe may be bipolar.

Post by Robin Hood »

I'm still going with deceiver.

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

I should also say that these are my feelings, and I have been known to be wrong regularly. If some of you still feel that she is true, I am not trying to change your mind. For her sake, I really hope I am wrong in my thinking. I also welcome any comments or information from others as to why they may still think that she is correct, but please be specific as to why you think so despite the quote I posted from her interview.

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

Robin Hood wrote:I'm still going with deceiver.
It may be possible, I just hate to think that is the case.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I'm going with mental illness.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I think another false prediction is imminent. It is well known that beans can cause gas.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

96walker wrote:So, it probably is no surprise, but I have been a very big supporter of JR on this site. I have never been given any direct confirmation of the truthfulness of her message, but I liked it because it seemed to follow what I do still feel is a very likely possible chain of events and course for the future. It seemed to bring the date of the Second Coming closer to the present, and that pleases me in and of itself. All of that being said, when she said the earthquake was imminent back in May, I told my wife that she had really painted herself into a corner with this one statement: "In the short term, I see a lot going on with the elections, and I’ve addressed those in other shows and maybe after this earthquake you can have me back on and we’ll go into more of that, because that will be imminent after the earthquake." This clearly indicates that her Wasatch Wake Up EQ was to have occurred before the elections. I told my wife back in May that if it did not happen by November 8th, she clearly is either mentally ill or a charlatan. I really think that it is the former, and not the latter. I have a sister that is bipolar, and the rants that Julie posted a few weeks ago on her website were very similar to rants that my sister would post when she is not taking her medicine. My sister, when in a manic episode, often has visions of grandeur, and thinks that our Father in Heaven is regularly speaking directly to her. She is very paranoid in these episodes where she thinks people are out to get her and that her very life is in danger. She also once even told me that she saw a vision of the future in regards to our lives and how we were going to become famous for artistic reasons. I now see this as a very good possibility of what Julie has been going through. I have decided that I specifically need to pray for her, and her family. This disease is so difficult to deal with, it is so hard for the family. It can even be downright dangerous. Please do not take this as me coming and saying that because JR is bipolar, all others like her that have dreams of the future are as well. However, I do think that it may be something that is common with many of them. Lastly, I do still think that many of the scenarios that JR spoke of will come to pass, I just do not think that she had a heavenly manifestation of these things. I think her mind is very confused to say the least, by other accounts she may have read, fears and hopes that she has, and the voices that she hears in her head. I really will be praying for her. Me personally discounting her accounts is not me necessarily also discounting GAS and other prophesies, but I need to be more guarded as to which ones I take to heart.

Mental illness, yes. Bipolar is one of the suggestions offered, also Paranoid Schizophrenia. You may have missed this post which was shared on a couple of threads here at LDSFF. It supports your conclusion as well.
The following was posted by friend of Julie's

"Earlier this summer Julie suffered a breakdown after becoming paranoid, posting bizarre videos and jumbled messages similar to what she has done recently. I can tell you as her friend that she fully expected the EQ to occur before the end of Spring 2015. It was going to be followed by a media "whirlwind" with her at the center being interviewed many times and placed on the cover of People Magazine, interviewed by CNN, Fox News, you name it. Studio C was going to do a skit about a woman who was her (proxy). I was helping her in early June to get her outfitted with a professional wardrobe to prepare for the media frenzy. Then she went back to then Iowa, and basically went radio silent. Strange things started to happen. She was claiming her spirit guides wanted her to have the same security protocol as the Brethren of the First Presidency. There was no Wasatch wake up EQ, and she basically fell apart. I don't think Julie can admit that she has been misled, it would destroy her psychologically, but the strain is cracking her anyway. I don't know how someone goes through that, its hard to get my mind around. All I know for sure is that I was told by the Spirit in no uncertain terms that my assumptions about Julie and her inspiration was false. It wasn't my job to try to sort through all the parts that might be true, as I was prone to try to do at first. I was just to leave it all alone.

When the Lord teaches us He usually lets us figure things out for ourselves. He doesn't push the truth on us, and in my case He showed me when I was ready to admit I might be wrong about Julie, and wrong about the focus of my life at the time. (I also learned a great deal about how the Lord had been reaching out to me through my priesthood leader, my own husband, who did not see Julie as I did--which meant in my mind he was wrong of course--uninspired--and I was NOT having it--my bad. Very.)

In early September I finally wrote an email to Julie explaining what had happened to me, because I thought I might be able to help her get out of this mess. She never answered me, nor have I heard a peep from her since. I'm a traitor in her eyes, I suppose.

I'm amazed that people don't see her mentally disorganized posts and put two and two together. She needs a lot of compassion, prayers, and we all need to stop enabling her. I know that the Lord could hardly deal with Julie is such a treacherous manner, leaving her to flap in the wind after taking a stand as if He was directing her. So now she re-emerges to fight again, with new insistence that "it" is just around the corner, and she is going to be validated. I fear she is headed for another episode and a bad one. I'm not privy to what is going on with her anymore, because as I said we don't communicate since my last email.

I do know this--we need to re-evaluate the way we receive the accounts like Julie's. Study how the Lord laid out His Kingdom in the Doctrine and Covenants, and you will find there is no need to try to figure out who is a prophet. We have those already. Julie may never have used the word "Prophet" to describe herself, but she acted as one in ways she should not have, and she sets herself up as a light (messenger), She has just gotten deeply, deeply confused. She may be as sincere as she can be, but no one is above being deceived, and if they are prone to mental issues that ought to be taken into account.

Nothing in scripture, conference, or the Brethren's counsel suggests we do what some have who based their decisions on Julie's warnings--quite the opposite. Yes, it is your own responsibility to vet the messages you hear, but it seems callous and harsh to shrug off accountability for the one who calls herself a messenger--not to hurl vindictive stuff at Julie, but to be forthcoming. Julie is not a well person!

I admit to getting caught up in her "spiritual" revelations (she and I spoke on the phone regularly--I visited her home, she visited mine--we went on a vacation together--I was aware of a lot of her "inner workings" and I went along with it eagerly. In fact nearly bought a house in Ashton, Idaho to prepare for the influx of refugees from the west coast tsunamis and invading troops. Julie was supposed to use my Ashton home part of the time, etc. We were both going to be translated even--and whether or not anything like that is in my future, that is hardly a matter God would reveal to Jullie for me. I'm sorry I was caught up in it. I do think she was mostly sincere, but I will never really know. I personally don't think she was trying to fool me or trick me. I'm not angry, I'm grateful I got off as easy as I did. My feelings of love for Julie doesn't preclude me from facing reality and encouraging others to do so. I know that people who don't want to think as I do can feel differently. Someone or two might benefit from my mistakes, so I here share a few of them.

Whatever is happening to her, it is cruel and unfair and horrendous. She needs prayers and a lot of them, not people supporting her as if she were inspired rather than in crisis mentally and spiritually."

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Not a Rowe supporter, but know that her name was put in the the prayer roll Logan temple.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I out prophesied her 3 days ahead of schedule:
FTC wrote:Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:17 pm
Since I'm in the prophetic mood, I also prophesy that no discernible earthquakes will happen in Utah for the rest of 2016. Discernible meaning that the earthquake must be reported on Utah television news, NBC, CBS, Fox or ABC, within 24 hours of it happening.
And it looks like I'll be out prophesying her for the rest of the year, and on into the next year. And I'm not even bipolar. :))

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

It is possible!

lyanne7
captain of 10

Post by lyanne7 »

I worked in mental health, it can happen that undiagnosed severe bipolar left unchecked can lead to schizophrenia, having delusions, paranoia which kinda flows with all these bodyguards she seems to need and her group of devotees following her around. I think she needs help

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

lyanne7 wrote: August 28th, 2017, 11:43 pm I worked in mental health, it can happen that undiagnosed severe bipolar left unchecked can lead to schizophrenia, having delusions, paranoia which kinda flows with all these bodyguards she seems to need and her group of devotees following her around. I think she needs help
Very interesting how the above (among many other instances) is just another fulfilment of prophecy or predictions in the book of mormon :

2nd Nephi 22...
And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance....

All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits. Just what the master deciever ordered.

shotx
captain of 50

Post by shotx »

As far as armchair diagnosis goes (pretty worthless in the clinical sense, of course), she's textbook bipolar. You are definitely not the only one to notice the potential symptoms.

That said, I've gotten the impression that she also enjoys the attention and publicity she gets a little bit too much. There are a lot of people in LDS communities who use the perception or claim of special spiritual knowledge to feed their ego and try to influence others, and I think she's fallen into that trap. Any mental health issues she has would probably amplify it.

shotx
captain of 50

Post by shotx »

simpleton wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:49 am All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits. Just what the master deciever ordered.
For people who suffer from genuine mental health issues (and their families), this is a pretty offensive statement. I know you probably don't mean it that way, but anyone who has actually dealt with these issues first hand will tell you that these are not "possessed" human beings.

They're people with handicaps just as real and undeserved as anything physical, and they need help that modern medicine can quite miraculously offer in many cases.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

shotx wrote: August 29th, 2017, 10:21 am
simpleton wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:49 am All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits. Just what the master deciever ordered.
For people who suffer from genuine mental health issues (and their families), this is a pretty offensive statement. I know you probably don't mean it that way, but anyone who has actually dealt with these issues first hand will tell you that these are not "possessed" human beings.

They're people with handicaps just as real and undeserved as anything physical, and they need help that modern medicine can quite miraculously offer in many cases.
Agreed - you could just lump any illness in the evil spirits category. I know when my wife went through some depression she really felt some evil spirits around her and a lot of darkness so I know they can play a part but it's not always the case.

My mom went through some mental problems and had experiences like Julie Rowe on a smaller scale with no outlet to share them like she does. Life can be hard - I try not to be too hard on these people when I see they have good intentions. Though Julie has a lot of issues and is wrong on pretty much everything she says that doesn't come from her just quoting past prophets I think her overall intentions are probably good, or as good as they can be with the natural man.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

simpleton wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:49 am
lyanne7 wrote: August 28th, 2017, 11:43 pm I worked in mental health, it can happen that undiagnosed severe bipolar left unchecked can lead to schizophrenia, having delusions, paranoia which kinda flows with all these bodyguards she seems to need and her group of devotees following her around. I think she needs help
Very interesting how the above (among many other instances) is just another fulfilment of prophecy or predictions in the book of mormon :

2nd Nephi 22...
And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance....

All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits. Just what the master deciever ordered.
This is the most asinine thing I have ever read in my life. I also suffer from Anxiety, and depression. I pray several times a day, read the scriptures, and live the commandment to the best of my ability. You need to get a clue my friend. Saying those types of things is why some groups feel Christians have no empathy.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

If you know someone who has bi-polar, and they go on a manic rant, instead of focusing on them being mentally ill (which is actually a fear-based response), focus on their feelings. You will see they feel incredibly afraid, and that's an understatement. Then, ask yourself, what caused this amount of panic and fear? Then you will start to find the answers. Satanic rituals occur monthly and usually on birthdays and holidays. Wouldn't you be incredibly afraid if you knew a date was coming up where you had to ritually kill a child under the threat of the worst possible torture you could possibly conceive and death if you didn't obey the cult's commands? Wouldn't it be easier to blank it out then face the reality of the situation?
Last edited by Juliet on August 29th, 2017, 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

False Prophetess.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

simpleton wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:49 am All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits.
I have suffered from depression for over forty years, and from fairly regular anxiety/fear/panic attacks for about thirty, and I can say this is true. I don't know much about actual possession, but I think evil spirits know how to get to us, and if we have a weakness, they will exploit that. They will torment us. They will tell us that if we died, our little children would rejoice and be happier for it. Sure, proper nutrition can go a long ways toward helping us heal, helping fortify us against the lying words, but if we have a weakness, sure as shootin' they will exploit it and make us as miserable (and, by extension, those around us) as they possibly can.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

There are some who have dealt with possession first hand as well and interestingly the mental compromise is gone once the possession element is dealt with. That is not to say that there are not real conditions that require medical assessment and treatment, however to discount possession is also not a particularly insightful approach.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

setyourselffree wrote: August 29th, 2017, 1:14 pm

2nd Nephi 22...

This is the most asinine thing I have ever read in my life. I also suffer from Anxiety, and depression. I pray several times a day, read the scriptures, and live the commandment to the best of my ability. You need to get a clue my friend. Saying those types of things is why some groups feel Christians have no empathy.
Why this level of animosity in your response? Is there any possibility at all in your perception of things that Satan does possess people? Or is that beyond your level of acknowledgment?

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Silver Pie wrote: August 29th, 2017, 6:01 pm
simpleton wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:49 am All of the above "medical terms" are replacements for simply beings possessed or at least being bothered by evil spirits.
I have suffered from depression for over forty years, and from fairly regular anxiety/fear/panic attacks for about thirty, and I can say this is true. I don't know much about actual possession, but I think evil spirits know how to get to us, and if we have a weakness, they will exploit that. They will torment us. They will tell us that if we died, our little children would rejoice and be happier for it. Sure, proper nutrition can go a long ways toward helping us heal, helping fortify us against the lying words, but if we have a weakness, sure as shootin' they will exploit it and make us as miserable (and, by extension, those around us) as they possibly can.
Rationally stated. Thank you,

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

brlenox wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:10 pm

There are some who have dealt with possession first hand as well and interestingly the mental compromise is gone once the possession element is dealt with. That is not to say that there are not real conditions that require medical assessment and treatment, however to discount possession is also not a particularly insightful approach.
Possession only happens when you are in a position to believe lies. Trauma puts people in that kind of a position. It is NOT normal to be possessed, it occurs under rough conditions, just like an infection is not normal unless there was a break in the skin. The spirit and body are one and the devil can't get in unless something ruptures that connection. To discount mental illness as a simple matter of dealing with demons is NOT so simple. It can take years to dig down into the roots to find what caused the "infection" why it is there ane how to treat it. The questions must be answered or any amount of casting out will just make things worse.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Juliet wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:28 pm
brlenox wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Possession only happens when you are in a position to believe lies. Trauma puts people in that kind of a position. It is NOT normal to be possessed, it occurs under rough conditions, just like an infection is not normal unless there was a break in the skin. The spirit and body are one and the devil can't get in unless something ruptures that connection. To discount mental illness as a simple matter of dealing with demons is NOT so simple. It can take years to dig down into the roots to find what caused the "infection" why it is there ane how to treat it. The questions must be answered or any amount of casting out will just make things worse.
If I were to provide you with stories from the church or quotes from the brethren that speak to alternative considerations would this be of any value to you? If not I will not trouble you but there is plenty of material to cause one to ponder upon this.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

brlenox wrote: August 29th, 2017, 7:14 pm
setyourselffree wrote: August 29th, 2017, 1:14 pm

2nd Nephi 22...

Why this level of animosity in your response? Is there any possibility at all in your perception of things that Satan does possess people? Or is that beyond your level of acknowledgment?
I most certainly believe people can be possesed, you can see it in there countenance. You were implying that all people who have depression are either possesed or being deceived and that is simply not true. I doubt you will but try to read a little bit from the site I posted below.

https://www.lds.org/mentalhealth?lang=eng