Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you feel that the Trials and Tribulations are closer or further away?

The chances for Trials and Tribulations has GREATLY increased.
62%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations has MODERATELY increased.
27%
Things are the same as they have always been, nothing has changed. (neutral)
6%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations have MODERATELY decreased.
2%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations have GREATLY decreased.
4%

Total votes: 52
DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About The Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by DesertWonderer »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
Many people are right now experiencing apocalyptic trials in this world. Look at Haiti or Venezuela. The trials and tribulations are here they have been here for thousands of years.
They appear to be accelerating.
Compared to WWW1 or 11?
Yes, those were extremely hard times, much evil. There were still enough righteous to warrant the Lord's protection.
Starting in the 1960's America began a downward slide that continues. Think we are not far from the bottom? Gay pride colors projected across the White House exterior, male and female restrooms opened to anyone, abortion the sacrament of Satan, and the left and birth control forced upon taxpayers, explosion of immorality, ect. ect. ect.. The righteous hope that people will take off the blinders and not be deceived. As in S. and G. the Lord will not continue to send down innocent spirits for much longer I believe. I can assure you that that impression comes from the H.G..
The wickedness that you mention above doesn't compare to the 100s of millions murdered (murder is the greatest sin of all not birthcontrol, gay colors projected on the white house...) in the last century for various reasons (Jews, to enforce communism, genocide of Christians...).

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by AI2.0 »

Oxbow wrote:I voted for the last one. I am borderline ready to stop visiting this forum, honestly. After Julie Rowe turned out to be a nutcase and prediction after prediction by others fell through, I realized nobody has ANY idea what they're talking about anymore. When I watch conference, my feeling is that we are still many, many years off from the second coming. I believe the world will get much, much worse before that happens.
If you come to this forum to find people who are inspired with the spirit of revelation, you'll be disappointed. There are a few who are inspired in their words, but not with the goose bump stuff that is shared here, IMO. Most of what I see being shared as 'end times and tribulations' is what we've been warned about; 'False prophets, false teachers, even 'False Christs'; 'signs' and 'wonders' breathlessly touted as 'proof' for whatever the poster is promoting this week. And if you look from last year or the year before, you'll see the same things (though the usernames change). Elder Ballard warned of this in our recent Regional broadcast and I took note that he said 'We're saddened to see that SOME of the very elect are being deceived'. That was powerful to me. When this scripture is brought up which he referred to, some will say that it should be interpreted that it's NOT possible to deceive the elect, but I believe Elder Ballard and why would the Lord warn against it if it weren't possible?? It's possible and it's happening--we can see examples of it on this forum.

I agree, things are getting worse, but we still have a lot to do, as a church and a people, to prepare the world for the second coming. Life will continue--The world will be 'marrying and giving in marriage' and people will be 'eating and drinking' up till the time the Savior comes, he will come as a thief in the night. There will continue to be calamities and plagues, but we are expected to continue faithful, put our trust in the Lord and live our lives as best we can, standing in 'Holy Places' and living worthy to have the spirit to guide and speak peace to us. We also are blessed with true messengers from God, our Prophet, Apostles and other leaders. Notice their messages are very different than the messages often shared here. That ought to be one way that faithful LDS can discern.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I am not sure how soon the tribulations will start and we do see more and more signs all around us of the last days. One thing I do know is wickedness is in a full court press and to me that tells me how close the real tribulations are "upon my house shall it begin" I think we will soon say be saying how good we had it back in 2016.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About The Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by cyclOps »

DesertWonderer wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: They appear to be accelerating.
Compared to WWW1 or 11?
Yes, those were extremely hard times, much evil. There were still enough righteous to warrant the Lord's protection.
Starting in the 1960's America began a downward slide that continues. Think we are not far from the bottom? Gay pride colors projected across the White House exterior, male and female restrooms opened to anyone, abortion the sacrament of Satan, and the left and birth control forced upon taxpayers, explosion of immorality, ect. ect. ect.. The righteous hope that people will take off the blinders and not be deceived. As in S. and G. the Lord will not continue to send down innocent spirits for much longer I believe. I can assure you that that impression comes from the H.G..
The wickedness that you mention above doesn't compare to the 100s of millions murdered (murder is the greatest sin of all not birthcontrol, gay colors projected on the white house...) in the last century for various reasons (Jews, to enforce communism, genocide of Christians...).
Abortion.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

e-eye2.0 wrote:I am not sure how soon the tribulations will start and we do see more and more signs all around us of the last days. One thing I do know is wickedness is in a full court press and to me that tells me how close the real tribulations are "upon my house shall it begin" I think we will soon say be saying how good we had it back in 2016.
Reminds me what Andy said on The Office, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them."

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
setyourselffree wrote: I also believe when things don't progress as fast as some think, some members will lose faith that Christ will ever come.
We know this to be the case. Vaughn J Featherstone said as much in one of his many great talks.

"Before the Savior comes the world will darken. There will come a period of time where even the elect will lose hope if they do not come to the temples."

I've always thought it made sense that things will be so bad that believers in Christ's return will be convinced he'll come any day, but as the years go by without it happening some will question the truth and lose hope.
Thank you for this quote. I am moving to within 2 miles of the Gilbert temple. Initially my wife and I were looking at homes further out of the metro to afford more space for our family. Door after door shut for us. The events that led up to the home we close on Monday may as well have been the heavens parting and a giant heavenly finger pointing at our home while choirs of angels sang with harps. I jest but I am grateful for the Lord's guidance. The worst feeling is when I haven't had a communication in a long time but I am grateful to my depths when I sense the Lords hand in my life...even if it means tribulations are inbound.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Because our children are being indoctrinated by the very liberal school system, tv, and evil surrounding them, I wonder if their free agency is being taken away. They are being brain washed in a sense. That is what makes me wonder how close the Savior's return is.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

DesertWonderer wrote:
What I know is that that web site linked above is full of bunk and the citation in Rev has already occurred.
When has the citation in rev occurred? Curious.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

New Earth groaning sounds that is much stronger annd different then the ones heard in the last 3 years.
https://youtu.be/k9VKbFu9Wz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hearing these earth groans makes me so sick for our earth, it is suffering so much under the weight of our sins. Surely we live in the end times and the trumpets ate sounding. Wo, Wo unto us.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

e-eye2.0 wrote:I am not sure how soon the tribulations will start and we do see more and more signs all around us of the last days. One thing I do know is wickedness is in a full court press and to me that tells me how close the real tribulations are "upon my house shall it begin" I think we will soon say be saying how good we had it back in 2016.
I was playing with my baby last year, laughing with her, and I got a strong spiritual prompting as these words came to mind, "enjoy this, so you have good memories during the hard times that are coming". It hit me so hard it made me tear up, I was convicted that heart breaking times are in my own near future.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Juliet wrote:I was playing with my baby last year, laughing with her, and I got a strong spiritual prompting as these words came to mind, "enjoy this, so you have good memories during the hard times that are coming". It hit me so hard it made me tear up, I was convicted that heart breaking times are in my own near future.
That's good advice no matter what. My life is not so much one crisis after another, but one crisis on top of another. I have been enduring one of the worst trials of my life to date since late August, and something has now started that is becoming the worst trial of my life to date. I know some people who have said that during their worst times they prayed and felt their burdens lifted, felt like somebody was there to support them, or even felt somebody give them a hug. I have never felt any of those things. The closest I've come is a feeling that my struggle will pass. I know others who have said they couldn't get through the worst stuff without support of a close family, but that's something I have never had.

I have hope that one day I will feel that my trials were worth it, that one day I won't be filled with hurt, disappointment, and regret over small and simple dreams never being realized, and that one day - maybe not even in this life - I will be able to come up with big dreams or goals and be able to achieve them. Until then, and as I endure one miserable trial after another, all I really have is hope for "one day" and good memories to see me through.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Best wishes to you Brian.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

brianj wrote:
Juliet wrote:I was playing with my baby last year, laughing with her, and I got a strong spiritual prompting as these words came to mind, "enjoy this, so you have good memories during the hard times that are coming". It hit me so hard it made me tear up, I was convicted that heart breaking times are in my own near future.
That's good advice no matter what. My life is not so much one crisis after another, but one crisis on top of another. I have been enduring one of the worst trials of my life to date since late August, and something has now started that is becoming the worst trial of my life to date. I know some people who have said that during their worst times they prayed and felt their burdens lifted, felt like somebody was there to support them, or even felt somebody give them a hug. I have never felt any of those things. The closest I've come is a feeling that my struggle will pass. I know others who have said they couldn't get through the worst stuff without support of a close family, but that's something I have never had.

I have hope that one day I will feel that my trials were worth it, that one day I won't be filled with hurt, disappointment, and regret over small and simple dreams never being realized, and that one day - maybe not even in this life - I will be able to come up with big dreams or goals and be able to achieve them. Until then, and as I endure one miserable trial after another, all I really have is hope for "one day" and good memories to see me through.
So very sorry Bianj , we to have and are going through the worst trial of our lives and it seems to have no end. You are not alone,this is a day of trials and tribulations for many. We have no control of others , may you have peace and endure it well, I have wondered what I did wrong in the preexistence to merit so much , but that is only at times. I have learned "it is the dark threads woven into a tapestry that give it the depth and beauty". Truly one day our greatest sorrows will be compensated a hundred fold. "Have peace " you are not alone.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Older/wiser? wrote:
brianj wrote:

So very sorry Bianj , we to have and are going through the worst trial of our lives and it seems to have no end. You are not alone,this is a day of trials and tribulations for many. We have no control of others , may you have peace and endure it well, I have wondered what I did wrong in the preexistence to merit so much , but that is only at times. I have learned "it is the dark threads woven into a tapestry that give it the depth and beauty". Truly one day our greatest sorrows will be compensated a hundred fold. "Have peace " you are not alone.
I think the Lord is putting His people through so much right how so they can be future captains. May Jesus be with you in the desert as Moses was, and prepare you to deliver others from spiritual bondage when the time is right. I say these things too, I am going through a lot of pain also and it makes me question everything. I have been far less faithful than Job, but God won't let me curse Him and die. I have to keep repenting and living. I had to ask my husband for a blessing and felt no deliverance when I wanted it. Later that day I got the pain out but we live in hard times. May our faith not fail us. I hope you can pray for a blessing if you don't have someone who can give you one.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Often it's not until after the trial passes that we look back and see that the only pair of footprints in the sand was not ours, but our Master's.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LDScop wrote:Often it's not until after the trial passes that we look back and see that the only pair of footprints in the sand was not ours, but our Master's.
I'm not saying that I am alone; I just feel that way.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LDScop wrote:Often it's not until after the trial passes that we look back and see that the only pair of footprints in the sand was not ours, but our Master's.
I'm not saying that I am alone; I just feel that way.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

AI2.0 wrote:
Oxbow wrote:I voted for the last one. I am borderline ready to stop visiting this forum, honestly. After Julie Rowe turned out to be a nutcase and prediction after prediction by others fell through, I realized nobody has ANY idea what they're talking about anymore. When I watch conference, my feeling is that we are still many, many years off from the second coming. I believe the world will get much, much worse before that happens.
If you come to this forum to find people who are inspired with the spirit of revelation, you'll be disappointed. There are a few who are inspired in their words, but not with the goose bump stuff that is shared here, IMO. Most of what I see being shared as 'end times and tribulations' is what we've been warned about; 'False prophets, false teachers, even 'False Christs'; 'signs' and 'wonders' breathlessly touted as 'proof' for whatever the poster is promoting this week. And if you look from last year or the year before, you'll see the same things (though the usernames change). Elder Ballard warned of this in our recent Regional broadcast and I took note that he said 'We're saddened to see that SOME of the very elect are being deceived'. That was powerful to me. When this scripture is brought up which he referred to, some will say that it should be interpreted that it's NOT possible to deceive the elect, but I believe Elder Ballard and why would the Lord warn against it if it weren't possible?? It's possible and it's happening--we can see examples of it on this forum.

I agree, things are getting worse, but we still have a lot to do, as a church and a people, to prepare the world for the second coming. Life will continue--The world will be 'marrying and giving in marriage' and people will be 'eating and drinking' up till the time the Savior comes, he will come as a thief in the night. There will continue to be calamities and plagues, but we are expected to continue faithful, put our trust in the Lord and live our lives as best we can, standing in 'Holy Places' and living worthy to have the spirit to guide and speak peace to us. We also are blessed with true messengers from God, our Prophet, Apostles and other leaders. Notice their messages are very different than the messages often shared here. That ought to be one way that faithful LDS can discern.
i have made it a point to post many latter day church history events with witnesses to try to lighten the burdens and build the faith of others, still I am criticized for trying to warn my neighbor about what is coming, with many scriptures and quotes. I am not discouraged, and will not be. Nothing personal A12.0, may the Lord bless us.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

I think we are teetering on the edge of the beginning of the major end time tribulations. For the last two years, my wife and I have been saying that 2016-2017 are the years to watch. There seems to be a major build up of fractious politics that are worse than anything I've ever seen. The communist left has labeled anyone who does not agree with their perversion as some sort of "ist" or "phobic" or whatever. I do not feel that the Constitution is hanging by a thread, but when Hillary is selected in as president, it won't take more than six months for that to happen.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

brianj wrote:

brianj, hey buddy, I will say a thing or two. I understand. When I got home from my mission, not having the greatest success finding an eternal companion, I went to a well respected eye surgeon for some radial caratot. surg. so I would not need my thick glasses. He botched surg. in one eye, and I am now partly blind in one eye. It took years to get married. Finally, I had to get on planes, and travel to the Philippines to visit pen pals to get married.
I have had two stepdads, my father and two Uncles and and an Aunt who all committed suicide, and I have much more I could write about but won't. You hang in there brother. P.m. me anytime. The Lord will try us to our limits.
This quote helps me. John Taylor, the third President of the Church, said: “I heard the Prophet Joseph say, in speaking to the Twelve on one occasion: ‘You will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite as necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and (said he) God will feel after you, and He will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God.’ … Joseph Smith never had many months of peace after he received the truth, and finally he was murdered in Carthage jail.”8https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-jo ... 9?lang=eng
I mean it. Write to me anytime. Along with my trials, I have been given some great blessings. One is knowing he gospel is true. May God bless you brother. We one day will rejoice in heaven together, and it will be awesome.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:I think we are teetering on the edge of the beginning of the major end time tribulations. For the last two years, my wife and I have been saying that 2016-2017 are the years to watch. There seems to be a major build up of fractious politics that are worse than anything I've ever seen. The communist left has labeled anyone who does not agree with their perversion as some sort of "ist" or "phobic" or whatever. I do not feel that the Constitution is hanging by a thread, but when Hillary is selected in as president, it won't take more than six months for that to happen.
Those who have this knowledge as you have will be much better prepared for what's ahead. :)

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Juliet wrote:New Earth groaning sounds that is much stronger annd different then the ones heard in the last 3 years.
https://youtu.be/k9VKbFu9Wz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hearing these earth groans makes me so sick for our earth, it is suffering so much under the weight of our sins. Surely we live in the end times and the trumpets ate sounding. Wo, Wo unto us.
:-o

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

AI2.0 wrote:

So true. The work of the Lord is still progressing and there is a spirit of optimism from our general authorities. I don't think the world is fully ripened in iniquity yet. There is still more to do and the saints need the time to do it.

The Fort Collins Temple was just dedicated not too long ago. The talks given as part of the dedication were wonderful and uplifting. I just met a person who was recently converted to the gospel and will be taking his family to be sealed in this temple early next year. At first glance you would have never guessed he was a member but God knows his heart.

And that is what I think happens on this forum and in other places. People want to judge the world as if they were God by saying the world is fully ripe in iniquity and therefore <insert whatever crazy theory about end times (Russians, Tent Cities, Wasatch Wakeup, etc.)> is going to happen. They set themselves up as a light to the world saying they have the answer or the warning to give.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I would actually vote for an option not there: Are the trials and tribulations upon us at this very moment?

Seeing all of the massacres, damage from nature (hurricanes, fires, flooding, etc.), and so forth, it seems to me that the tribulations are upon us whether we believe it or not.

(and, no, I did not read the thread)