Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you feel that the Trials and Tribulations are closer or further away?

The chances for Trials and Tribulations has GREATLY increased.
62%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations has MODERATELY increased.
27%
Things are the same as they have always been, nothing has changed. (neutral)
6%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations have MODERATELY decreased.
2%
The chances for Trials and Tribulations have GREATLY decreased.
4%

Total votes: 52
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:I think we are teetering on the edge of the beginning of the major end time tribulations. For the last two years, my wife and I have been saying that 2016-2017 are the years to watch. There seems to be a major build up of fractious politics that are worse than anything I've ever seen. The communist left has labeled anyone who does not agree with their perversion as some sort of "ist" or "phobic" or whatever. I do not feel that the Constitution is hanging by a thread, but when Hillary is selected in as president, it won't take more than six months for that to happen.
Those who have this knowledge as you have will be much better prepared for what's ahead. :)

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Re: Feelings From The Holy Ghost About End-Times Tribulations: Stronger or Weaker? (POLL)

Post by GrandMasterB »

Juliet wrote:New Earth groaning sounds that is much stronger annd different then the ones heard in the last 3 years.
https://youtu.be/k9VKbFu9Wz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hearing these earth groans makes me so sick for our earth, it is suffering so much under the weight of our sins. Surely we live in the end times and the trumpets ate sounding. Wo, Wo unto us.
:-o

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

AI2.0 wrote:
Oxbow wrote:I voted for the last one. I am borderline ready to stop visiting this forum, honestly. After Julie Rowe turned out to be a nutcase and prediction after prediction by others fell through, I realized nobody has ANY idea what they're talking about anymore. When I watch conference, my feeling is that we are still many, many years off from the second coming. I believe the world will get much, much worse before that happens.
If you come to this forum to find people who are inspired with the spirit of revelation, you'll be disappointed. There are a few who are inspired in their words, but not with the goose bump stuff that is shared here, IMO. Most of what I see being shared as 'end times and tribulations' is what we've been warned about; 'False prophets, false teachers, even 'False Christs'; 'signs' and 'wonders' breathlessly touted as 'proof' for whatever the poster is promoting this week. And if you look from last year or the year before, you'll see the same things (though the usernames change). Elder Ballard warned of this in our recent Regional broadcast and I took note that he said 'We're saddened to see that SOME of the very elect are being deceived'. That was powerful to me. When this scripture is brought up which he referred to, some will say that it should be interpreted that it's NOT possible to deceive the elect, but I believe Elder Ballard and why would the Lord warn against it if it weren't possible?? It's possible and it's happening--we can see examples of it on this forum.

I agree, things are getting worse, but we still have a lot to do, as a church and a people, to prepare the world for the second coming. Life will continue--The world will be 'marrying and giving in marriage' and people will be 'eating and drinking' up till the time the Savior comes, he will come as a thief in the night. There will continue to be calamities and plagues, but we are expected to continue faithful, put our trust in the Lord and live our lives as best we can, standing in 'Holy Places' and living worthy to have the spirit to guide and speak peace to us. We also are blessed with true messengers from God, our Prophet, Apostles and other leaders. Notice their messages are very different than the messages often shared here. That ought to be one way that faithful LDS can discern.
So true. The work of the Lord is still progressing and there is a spirit of optimism from our general authorities. I don't think the world is fully ripened in iniquity yet. There is still more to do and the saints need the time to do it.

The Fort Collins Temple was just dedicated not too long ago. The talks given as part of the dedication were wonderful and uplifting. I just met a person who was recently converted to the gospel and will be taking his family to be sealed in this temple early next year. At first glance you would have never guessed he was a member but God knows his heart.

And that is what I think happens on this forum and in other places. People want to judge the world as if they were God by saying the world is fully ripe in iniquity and therefore <insert whatever crazy theory about end times (Russians, Tent Cities, Wasatch Wakeup, etc.)> is going to happen. They set themselves up as a light to the world saying they have the answer or the warning to give.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I would actually vote for an option not there: Are the trials and tribulations upon us at this very moment?

Seeing all of the massacres, damage from nature (hurricanes, fires, flooding, etc.), and so forth, it seems to me that the tribulations are upon us whether we believe it or not.

(and, no, I did not read the thread)