Not another thread about this (Tent Cities)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: Not another thread about this (Tent Cities)

Post by Spaced_Out »

Realistic scenario of how cities are death traps, based on Katrina events etc... There is high consensuses that cities are not the places to be when law and order fails.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:We will soon find out how things are going down.
After watching predictions of the apocalypse consuming our world for over five decades, I've come to the realization that scare tactics are used to illicit a panic level response from people, and they get it. Rather than focus on how to solve day to day problems of achieving one's own potential, the doomsters (headed by the lead deceiver) get people to run around like chicken little with his head cut off. It's often an effective tactic. However, no longer on me.

The destruction of our societies and our world will be a slow and gradual thing. I agree that in the very short time before Christ's coming the destruction will get catastrophic, but it's not something I worry too much about focusing on. I know how to handle tragedies, living in Alaska prepared me about as much as possible for a person to be. "Prepper" mindset usually attracts the loony bin side of society. I've hung around that group enough.
It is called communication, if you are only able to communicate and understand at one level you are missing out a lot!!!
I teach communication, and I don't see your connection between me doubting the war will come to my door and me wishing for war.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Spaced_Out wrote:Realistic scenario of how cities are death traps, based on Katrina events etc... There is high consensuses that cities are not the places to be when law and order fails.

I did quite a bit of work in New Orleans and the surrounding areas during Katrina. It's true that the fabric of society is thin. It can unravel faster than you could ever believe. Law and order go right out the window when people's "fight or flight" instincts kick in. Fear can make people revert to an almost animal-like state.

But I also noticed that there were many people who rose above their fears and were willing to sacrifice for others, help those who were in need, lend a helping hand, go the extra mile, etc... Those cases were not broadcast on the news very much since they didn't fit the narrative of the news organizations. Kind of like reality TV -- those who are watching an event unfold on TV aren't given the whole picture. My observation was that those who were willing to submit to a higher power were able to overcome their fears and be productive.

The question I pose to everyone is: who would you be? A slave to your animal instincts, or a master of your fear? You can answer that by adding up how much time you spend on your knees praying to God.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

skmo wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:We will soon find out how things are going down.
After watching predictions of the apocalypse consuming our world for over five decades, I've come to the realization that scare tactics are used to illicit a panic level response from people, and they get it. Rather than focus on how to solve day to day problems of achieving one's own potential, the doomsters (headed by the lead deceiver) get people to run around like chicken little with his head cut off. It's often an effective tactic. However, no longer on me.

The destruction of our societies and our world will be a slow and gradual thing. I agree that in the very short time before Christ's coming the destruction will get catastrophic, but it's not something I worry too much about focusing on. I know how to handle tragedies, living in Alaska prepared me about as much as possible for a person to be. "Prepper" mindset usually attracts the loony bin side of society. I've hung around that group enough.
It is called communication, if you are only able to communicate and understand at one level you are missing out a lot!!!
I teach communication, and I don't see your connection between me doubting the war will come to my door and me wishing for war.
I think people want to try to connect what is happening now and what is being prophesied. Rather than listening to the Prophet's instructions they go completely overboard and miss the mark.

I don't think we need to worry about what happens between point A and point B. If we needed to know, God would reveal it. Instead, God has told us certain guidelines and it is those guidelines we should follow. The juicy details don't matter.

This whole tent city garbage has absolutely no validation. It's driven by fear and has no validity.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:The destruction of our societies and our world will be a slow and gradual thing. I agree that in the very short time before Christ's coming the destruction will get catastrophic, but it's not something I worry too much about focusing on. I know how to handle tragedies, living in Alaska prepared me about as much as possible for a person to be. "Prepper" mindset usually attracts the loony bin side of society. I've hung around that group enough.
Again false doctrine, I have address that point many times. Destruction is swift and violent. When global financial systems crash they crash spectacular, we are currently in a financial crash and one morning you will wake up and all bank accounts will be frozen etc.....

Destruction's in BoM, Old Testament etc were always rapid and catastrophic, there are many many scriptures stating as much - in stead of posting 200 scriptures will only give you one.

Doctrine and Covenants 112:24
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

thisisspartaaa wrote: I don't think we need to worry about what happens between point A and point B. If we needed to know, God would reveal it. Instead, God has told us certain guidelines and it is those guidelines we should follow. The juicy details don't matter.

This whole tent city garbage has absolutely no validation. It's driven by fear and has no validity.
Doctrine and Covenants 45:44
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Todd wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Realistic scenario of how cities are death traps, based on Katrina events etc... There is high consensuses that cities are not the places to be when law and order fails.

I did quite a bit of work in New Orleans and the surrounding areas during Katrina. It's true that the fabric of society is thin. It can unravel faster than you could ever believe. Law and order go right out the window when people's "fight or flight" instincts kick in. Fear can make people revert to an almost animal-like state.

But I also noticed that there were many people who rose above their fears and were willing to sacrifice for others, help those who were in need, lend a helping hand, go the extra mile, etc... Those cases were not broadcast on the news very much since they didn't fit the narrative of the news organizations. Kind of like reality TV -- those who are watching an event unfold on TV aren't given the whole picture. My observation was that those who were willing to submit to a higher power were able to overcome their fears and be productive.

The question I pose to everyone is: who would you be? A slave to your animal instincts, or a master of your fear? You can answer that by adding up how much time you spend on your knees praying to God.
Here is the point you are missing, as bad as Katrina was, what is coming will be MUCH WORSE...TPJS, JOSEPH SMITH :161

I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of man has said that the mother shall be against the daughters, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand.

Spaced_Out is right! That is the point some of us on the forum are trying to point out. The saints will be told to do certain things to keep safe, sadly many will not listen. If anyone wants to imply that is fear mongering, so be it.
Last edited by kirtland r.m. on January 28th, 2016, 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
Todd wrote:

Here is the point you are missing, as bad as Katrina was, what is coming will be MUCH WORSE...TPJS, JOSEPH SMITH :161

I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of man has said that the mother shall be against the daughters, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand.

Spaced_Out is right! That is the point some of us on the forum are trying to point out.
Yikes. Sounds like we'd better spend more time on our knees then.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I've spent years sleeping outdoors. I believe I've got about 5 year of sleeping under a tarp outdoors. The wilderness program I work at doesn't have tents. Only tarps. And we made our own backpacks out of sticks and leather. Tent city would be a walk in the park.

I accually really like it. And think it would do a ton of good if it happened.

I believe that if it does happen it won't be directed by the church though. It will be by the spirit or those in the church who were anxiously Engadged in a good cause.

Since the church is to be cleansed by God. D&c 112.
I can't see the church stepping in to stop that cleansing from taking place.

We will either be prepared or not. We will either be organized and planning ahead or not.

I've been lead by the spirit to buy a big property out of town with fresh running water and abundant game and fish.

I've been prompted to buy extra food storage. And have a large place to grow food.

I'm preparing to let anyone who is lead by the spirit here during those times to be able to stay and share what we have.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

skmo wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Living in a tent city is not by choice. 2015 saw over 60million refugees across the world fleeing war, pestilence and poverty. Majority of them are housed in tents. You think because you live in the US you are immune and the gas and services will continue to flow!! It is a dreamers paradise.
Okay, Gilligan. I hope your island paradise is all you want it to be. If I knew I could have been stuck in the wilderness with Maryann making me coconut cream pies and the Professor fixing the radio, I wouldn't have minded being marooned for a little while, but not any more.
The wicked and those who were once enlightened are punished the most, like the Nephites and Jaradites - the destruction of the US is assured.
Wait - Because I know about the Second Coming and I choose not to be a modern day cross between Sanford and Son & my Native ancestral tribes I'm going to be punished more? Granted, since I'm currently excommunicated I am not receiving all of the gospel benefits I can, but I'm living worthily and I'm certainly doing all I can to be re-baptized. I'm not Enoch levels of holy, but I'm certainly doing the best I can to obey God's words to us, so I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm going to have to reject the notion I won't get blessed and protected by God in all the challenges I may face. I don't believe the lunatic idea that the prophet is going to tell us to become Midwest Mountain Bedouin and live in a real-world Bedrock like the Flintstones. If we're not supposed to be living in the places where we currently are, why is God having us build chapels here? Why is He having us build His holy Temples here?

No, I'm sorry, but I reject the fallacy which all too many immature people choose to believe about the necessity of "tent cities" and a modern day enactment of "How the West Was Won." In the places where refugees exist, more often than not civilization never really took much hold by comparison to First World places. There will be wars all around, but I'm not worried about it coming to my front door. If it does, I'm armed, and I'll do what I can for the fight. If it results in my death, I guess the killers get my dogs and my DVD collection. Boo, and then hoo.
Enjoy your FEMA camps when they come to round you up as sheep.
It would have been more entertaining had you said "...when they come to round ewe up as sheep. Seriously, dude, you've got to stop listening to those maniacally crackpot reactionary radio shock jocks. The guys out there warning us about FEMA camps are so screwy they even make Rush Limbaugh look sane and reasonable, and that's no small feat since he's such a world class blowhard. He has some good points, but he buries them in rhetoric sharp enough to shave with and dense enough to drive nails with, and even he makes FEMA Camp prophets look sane.
There must be like 6 million preppers in the US most of them consider that bugging out when the tribulations start, as the cities are volatile death traps with much larger risk of disease and plague.
I'll ignore the grammatical faux pas there and assume you meant to either make a statement or ask a question with the incomplete thought there and just say that some cities now, like Chicago, are already death traps in many ways. While people are running around pulling their belongings in a cart trying to avoid the plague and Ebola and HIV, my home will still be a place where family prayer is said, dogs eat dog food and people eat people food, and the missionaries come for dinner. If people get tired of running away from those viruses, they can come camp on my lawn. They needn't worry, though, I won't impose any of my silly superstitions on them (like running hot water and a house warmed by the fireplace I'm about to go put another log on) and they can even listen and participate in our Family Home Evening if they wish.
This is what happened on the Savors death to the US, and it is type of what is to come, and we are told it is going to be worse.
In the Savior's time, people lived in mud huts and stick dwellings. I'm not surprised when they fell down at His coming (Oh, and by the way, the huts, dwellings, and tents then were in CITIES, not the wilderness) but I think some modern day dwellings might be able to withstand some of the buffeting of what is to happen. Even if it doesn't, I'll be happy to rebuild my home. However, please show me the revelation where God told us - directly through His prophet - that we'll be expected to throw all our belongings away, put our stuff in a covered wagon, and go out to play "Pioneer Days" for real, and I'll be glad to add that as a consideration into my thought process. Remember, I said "DIRECTLY THROUGH HIS PROPHET" and not through Sally Jane's comatose vision of The Last Days or in the tequila-fueled spiritual vision of somebody's holy cousin in Tennessee named Billy-Jo-Bobby-Thomas-Bubba-Goober-Jack, or in the vision from the near death experience of (pick any zealot's name) and their miracle recovery story they'll be only too glad to share with you in their newly printed book at the low, low price of $79.95 titled "God Sent Me Back To Save You Godless Heathens."

Monson. Hinckley. Hunter. Benson. Kimball. Lee. Smith. McKay. Smith. Grant. Smith. Snow. Woodruff. Taylor. Young. Smith.

A revelation from someone other than one of them won't gain much traction with me.
So you want some revelation from Prophets and Apostles do you, that is good, try reading these....
Mosiah Hancock

[According to Brother Hancock, the Prophet Joseph Smith told him,] The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, “Let’s divide up the lands of the United States,” then the people of the U.S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided. Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U.S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle.
They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up—when the boys from the mountains will rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, “Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God.” Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were. (Life Story of Mosiah Lyman Hancock, 19-20)
And what about this letter written to someone regarding the topic they discussed with Joseph Smith
Second Great Rebellion (Chicago) Quote

A. Milton Musser papers, LDS Church Archives. It is a letter from
Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

"... My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph
say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the
rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860's between the North and the
South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that.
time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother
told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble
of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the
United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short
and concise manner as possible.

JD, JOHN TAYLOR 20:318

Were we surprised when the last terrible war took place here in the United States? No; good Latter-day Saints were not, for they had been told about it. Joseph Smith had told them where it would start, that it should be a terrible time of bloodshed and that it should start in South Carolina. But I tell you today the end is not yet. You will see worse things than that, for God will lay his hand upon this nation, and they will feel it more terribly than ever they have done before; there will be more bloodshed, more ruin, more devastation than never they have seen before. Write it down! You will see it come to pass; it is only just starting in. And would you feel to rejoice? No; I would feel sorry. I knew very well myself when this last war was commencing, and could have wept and did weep, over this nation; but there is yet to come a sound of war, trouble and distress, in which brother will be arrayed against brother, father against son, son against father, a scene of desolation and destruction that will permeate our land until it will be a vexation to hear the report thereof.

JD, ORSON PRATT 20:151

But what about the American nation. That war that destroyed the lives of some fifteen or sixteen hundred thousand people was nothing, compared to that which will eventually devastate that country. The time is not very far distant in the future, when the Lord God will lay his hand heavily upon that nations. "How do you know this? inquires one." I know from the revelations which God has given upon this subject. I read these revelations, when they were first given. I waited over twenty-eight years and saw their fulfillment to the very letter. Should I not, then, expect that the balance of them should be fulfilled? That same God who gave the revelations to his servant Joseph Smith in regard to these matters, will fulfil every jot and every tittle that has been spoken, concerning that nation. What then will be the condition of that people, when this great and terrible war shall come? It will be very different from the war between the North and the South. Do you wish me to describe it? I will do so. It will be a war of neighborhood against neighborhood, city against city, town against town, county against county, state against state, and they will go forth destroying and being destroyed and manufacturing will, in a great measure, cease, for a time, among the American nation. Why? Because in these terrible wars, they will not be privileged to manufacture, there will be too much bloodshed--too much mobocracy--too much going forth in bands and destroying and pillaging the land to suffer people to pursue any local vocation with any degree of safety. What will become of millions of the farmers upon that land? They will leave their farms and they will remain uncultivated, and they will flee before the ravaging armies from place to place; and thus will they go forth burning and pillaging the whole country; and that great and powerful nation, now consisting of some forty millions of people, will be wasted away, unless they repent.

TPJS, JOSEPH SMITH :161

A Remarkable Prophecy By President John Taylor As Told by Edward Lunt, An Ordinance Worker in the Mesa Temple

The following incident occurred at my father's home in Cedar City, at the time a stake conference was being held in that city, at which President John Taylor and George A. Smith were present.

Apostle Smith was asked to conduct the conference, as President Taylor wished to rest after his having held meetings in the different wards and stakes between Salt Lake City and Cedar City. President Taylor asked Elder George A. Smith to start the conference, as he wished to rest until the afternoon meeting. President Taylor, with some of the authorities, was staying at the home of my parents during this conference.

President Taylor wished to go to his room and lie down. He asked my mother to awaken him in time for the afternoon conference, as he feared he might oversleep and thus fail to arrive at the conference in time.
My mother was busy preparing dinner for the visitors but was surprised to see President Taylor come into the kitchen so soon after retiring for his much needed rest. He immediately started telling mother of a most remarkable vision that he had just had while in his room.

He stated that he saw that Salt Lake City would become a great city with many beautiful paved roads and streets of cement construction, and that the people had become wealthy. He saw that the city extended almost to the point of the mountain south of the new 1951 State prison.

The people, he saw, had become quite indifferent to the counsel and advice of the authorities of the church, and were more interested in the accumulation of wealth than they were in living their religion. He told mother that he saw that war had been started, and that so great was the destruction of life within the city that blood ran down the gutters as though it were streams of water, and the violence was such that it would cause the destruction of the beautiful city. The people were fighting among themselves until it became necessary to remove the church records across the Colorado river.

President Taylor said to mother, "If you are alive at that time, be sure that you are not behind the Church records, because after the Church records leave and are made secure, the very powers of hell would be turned loose, and there will be such destruction that there will be but little life remain, ---not only in Salt Lake City, but in adjoining cities also. And in Jackson County, Missouri civilization will become entirely extinct, and all means of transportation such as rail roads and highways will be destroyed, and the only means of travel will be on foot.

All means of manufacturing will also be entirely destroyed. Be sure when you see these things come that you have buttons, needles, cloth and things to work with as much as possible, to make yourselves clothing, because all tools and every kind of machinery will be destroyed. It will be such a destructive war that in comparison to the sufferings and the drivings of the people of Nauvoo, it would be only a drop in the bucket.

"One half of the Mormon people will entirely forsake their leaders, and half of the other half, because of their suffering, will leave the church. Many Mormons will die in the struggle, but the Lord will bless those who stick faithfully to the church and will bless them to the extent that they will not be destroyed."

President Benson talked very clearly about this growing division in the Church that we are experiencing. He said:
“Sometimes we hear someone refer to a division in the Church. In reality, the
Church is not divided. It simply means that there are some who, for the time
being at least, are members of the Church but not in harmony with it. These
people have a temporary membership and influence in the Church; but unless
they repent, they will be missing when the final membership records are
recorded.
“It is well that our people understand this principle, so they will not be misled
by those apostates within the Church who have not yet repented or been cut off.
But there is a cleansing coming. The Lord says that his vengeance shall be
poured out "upon the inhabitants of the earth. . . . And upon my house shall it
begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord; First among those
among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not
known me. . . ." (D&C 112:24-26.) I look forward to that cleansing; its need
within the Church is becoming increasingly apparent.Ezra Taft Benson, Conference Report, April 1969, pp. 10-15

WILFORD WOODRUFF'S DREAM:
I was in a dream in the City of Salt Lake wandering around the streets. In all parts of the city on the doors of the houses I found badges of mourning and I could not find a house that was not in mourning.... The next I knew I was just this side of Omaha. It seemed I was above the earth, and looking down at it. As I passed along upon my way east, I saw the road full of people, mostly women, with just what they could carry in bundles on their backs traveling to the mountains on foot. ...Everywhere I went I saw the same scenes of horror and destruction was everywhere. ...I supposed this was the end, but no. I was given to understand that the same horrors were being enacted all over the country — East, West, North, South. — Prophetic Years, Anderson, p. 54.

Joseph Smith:
...A terrible revolution will take place in the land of America, such as has never been seen before; for the land will be literally left without a supreme government, and every species of wickedness will run rampant. Father will be against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against mother. The most terrible scenes of murder and bloodshed, and rapine that have ever been looked upon will take place. — White Horse Prophecy.

...direct cause of war. And if this should be the case, it would very naturally spread to every
neighborhood in the Union. One class of political opponents would rise up against the other class
in the same city and country, and thus would arise a war of mobocracy.
Discourse by Elder Orson Pratt, delivered in the Eighteenth Ward Meetinghouse, Salt Lake City,
Sunday Afternoon, Feb. 25, 1877.
More ruin, more devastation than ever they have seen before
, President John Taylor
Need we be surprised that they should trample underfoot the Constitution of the United States?
No; Joseph Smith told us that they would do it. Many around me here knew long ago that they
would do this thing and further knew that the last people that should be found to rally around that
sacred instrument and save it from the grasp of unrighteous men would be the Elders of Israel!
...Were we surprised when the last terrible war took place here in the United States? No; good
Latter-day Saints were not, for they had been told about it. Joseph Smith had told them where it
would start, that it should be a terrible time of bloodshed and that it should start in South
Carolina. But I tell you today the end is not yet. You will see worse things than that, for God will
lay his hand upon this nation, and they will feel it more terribly than ever they have done before;
there will be more bloodshed, more ruin, more devastation than ever they have seen before.
Discourse by President John Taylor, delivered at General Conference, Salt Lake City, October 6,
Civil War
President Brigham Young
When the testimony of the Elders ceases to be given, and the Lord says to them, “Come home; I
will now preach my own sermons to the nations of the earth,” all you
now know can scarcely be called a preface to the sermon that will be preached with fire and sword, tempests, earthquakes,
hail, rain, thunders and lightnings, and fearful destruction. What matters the destruction of a few
railway cars? You will hear of magnificent cities, now idolized by the people, sinking in the
earth, entombing the inhabitants. The sea will heave itself beyond its bounds, engulfing mighty
cities. Famine will spread over the nations, and nation will rise up against nation, kingdom
against kingdom, and states against states, in our own country and in foreign lands; and they will
destroy each other, caring not for the blood and lives of their neighbors, of their families, or for
their own lives. They will be like the Jaredites who preceded the Nephites upon this continent,
and will destroy each other to the last man, through the anger that the Devil will place in their
hearts, because they have rejected the words of life and are given over to Satan to do whatever he
listeth to do with them. You may think that the little you hear of now is grievous; yet the faithful
of God's people will see days that will cause them to close their eyes because of the sorrow that
will come upon the wicked nations. The hearts of the faithful will be filled with pain and anguish
for them.
Remarks by President Brigham Young, made in the Bowery, Salt Lake City, July 15, 1860.
I am glad you are very self sufficient, most people can't do what you have told us about, and you know it. We will all need to rely on the Lord, but don't discount the prophesy I have just listed, you asked for it ,so here it is.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Much of the Bible is dedicated to the theme of the Second Coming. There are over 1500 prophecies of Jesus’ Second Coming recorded in the Bible. For every prophecy of His first coming mentioned in the Old Testament, there are eight predicting His Second Coming. Christ’s return is also mentioned once in every five verses in the New Testament. http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-decepti ... ming_signs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We have been given the signs of the fig leaf for a reason, so we can know when summer is nigh. The war will also come and it will be nuclear!! not some gradual disintegration. Pres Benson 1961 GC. In MAtt 24 which the prophet was referring to uses the word flee and not return, a number of times. And yes it "come at any time, suddenly as a whirlwind".
Fourteenth: The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the "abomination of desolation" (Matt. 24:15) is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction.

In the light of these prophecies there should be no doubt in the mind of any priesthood holder that the human family is headed for trouble. There are rugged days ahead. It is time for every man who wishes to do his duty to get himself prepared—physically, spiritually, and psychologically—for the task which may come at any time, as suddenly as the whirlwind. Benson 1961 GC
I was reading D&C section 1 yesterday after a discussion of in gospel investigators class last Sunday, it surprised me of how the preface to the book of commandments is focused towards missionary work and destruction that are to come..
7 Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people, for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled.
8 And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious;
9 Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure—
The 'day' after missionaries are withdrawn (See D&C88) the cup without measure is to be poured out, this is the whirlwind that is coming.
12 Prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come, for the Lord is nigh;
13 And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.
14 And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people;
15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;
16 They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.
17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments;.....
20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;......
36 And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world.
Cutoff is the separation of wheat and tares from Babylon, There will be a separation as lot and his family had to flee Sodium and Gomorrah, and has always happens, the righteous are lead away/separated from danger.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Much of the Bible is dedicated to the theme of the Second Coming. There are over 1500 prophecies of Jesus’ Second Coming recorded in the Bible. For every prophecy of His first coming mentioned in the Old Testament, there are eight predicting His Second Coming. Christ’s return is also mentioned once in every five verses in the New Testament. http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-decepti ... ming_signs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We have been given the signs of the fig leaf for a reason, so we can know when summer is nigh. The war will also come and it will be nuclear!! not some gradual disintegration. Pres Benson 1961 GC. In MAtt 24 which the prophet was referring to uses the word flee and not return, a number of times. And yes it "come at any time, suddenly as a whirlwind".
Fourteenth: The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the "abomination of desolation" (Matt. 24:15) is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction.

In the light of these prophecies there should be no doubt in the mind of any priesthood holder that the human family is headed for trouble. There are rugged days ahead. It is time for every man who wishes to do his duty to get himself prepared—physically, spiritually, and psychologically—for the task which may come at any time, as suddenly as the whirlwind. Benson 1961 GC
I was reading D&C section 1 yesterday after a discussion of in gospel investigators class last Sunday, it surprised me of how the preface to the book of commandments is focused towards missionary work and destruction that are to come..
7 Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people, for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled.
8 And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious;
9 Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure—
The 'day' after missionaries are withdrawn (See D&C88) the cup without measure is poured out, the is the whirlwind that is coming.
12 Prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come, for the Lord is nigh;
13 And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.
14 And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people;
15 For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant;
16 They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.
17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments;.....
20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;......
36 And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world.
Cutoff is the separation of wheat and tares from Babylon, There will be a separation as lot and his family had to flee Sodium and Gomorrah and has always happens the righteous are lead away/separated from danger.
This has been the pattern the Lord has used over and over, Lehi, Noah, Lot, and others knew it firsthand, yet some believe He will not use it again to preserve righteous church members and others, during the coming cleansing. Things are about to get so bad, “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (Matt. 24:22). I know He is about to use this pattern again. I know it.When it happens, the debate will be over.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote: This has been the pattern the Lord has used over and over, Lehi, Noah, Lot, and others knew it firsthand, yet some believe He will not use it again to preserve righteous church members and others, during the coming cleansing. Things are about to get so bad, “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (Matt. 24:22). I know He is about to use this pattern again. I know it.When it happens, the debate will be over.
Too true the more one reads the scriptures with these things in mind the more it stands out, and there are latter day revelation and words of the prophets give the same message. I think there is too much guessing going on and lack of understanding of the scriptures.

I have decided on every answer to these threads will give a quick update of current events to bring the reality home.
After the Japanese economic minister resigned yesterday due to some financial scandal the Bank of Japan just announced negative interest rates -0.1% to stimulate a sinking economy and financial markets. This is pure desperation - can only end very badly.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/28/news/ec ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

kirtland r.m. wrote: This has been the pattern the Lord has used over and over, Lehi, Noah, Lot, and others knew it firsthand, yet some believe He will not use it again to preserve righteous church members and others, during the coming cleansing. Things are about to get so bad, “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (Matt. 24:22). I know He is about to use this pattern again. I know it.When it happens, the debate will be over.
Because you get a lot of information from false teachers and prophets (DS, JR, HS, SM, SF, Spencer, RKY et al) who are poor scriptorians and mingle the philosophies of men and scripture, you have taken some false notions as gospel truth. One of those you mention above. Those are not patterns but TYPES. There is a big difference. Lehi, etc being called to leave wicked Jerusalem is a TYPE of us in the last days being called from Babylon SPIRITUALLY not physically.

If you want to look at scriptural patters, I'll give you 3 examples: The City of Enoch, The City of Salem and The super righteous Nephies / Lamanites after Christ's visit to them. These groups were all CITIES of existing people that were made up of individuals who were in a range of righteousness. Some were actual wicked. The ordained and authorized prophet for their established church preached, etc...until the people became ZION, saw God and were translated except in the case of the Nephites / Lamanites. The members of The Church today are following that same pattern. It is not a quick process.

There will ONLY be a prophet called from outside The Church IF it is a fallen or apostate church. The False Prophet Brigade could ONLY be prophesying and teaching from outside The Church IF it were fallen. It is not therefore they are false. Those of you who follow, believe or espouse their teachings should re-think your position.

btw there are MANY examples in the scriptures where the people were saved by coming together in a city NOT fleeing into the wilderness. 2 examples should suffice: Go read about how Lachoneus saved his people or you might ask your self where were the people living during the destructions immediately before Christ's visit to the Americas. Why don't your false prophets use these examples? It's because it contradicts their false narrative.

Best of luck in the Girls' Camps this Spring--The Time Is Now.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Same can be said the opposite way where the saints took their 7 year food supply and left into the wilderness.

Could be a combination of the 2 that saves them.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

durangout wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: This has been the pattern the Lord has used over and over, Lehi, Noah, Lot, and others knew it firsthand, yet some believe He will not use it again to preserve righteous church members and others, during the coming cleansing. Things are about to get so bad, “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (Matt. 24:22). I know He is about to use this pattern again. I know it.When it happens, the debate will be over.
Because you get a lot of information from false teachers and prophets (DS, JR, HS, SM, SF, Spencer, RKY et al) who are poor scriptorians and mingle the philosophies of men and scripture, you have taken some false notions as gospel truth. One of those you mention above. Those are not patterns but TYPES. There is a big difference. Lehi, etc being called to leave wicked Jerusalem is a TYPE of us in the last days being called from Babylon SPIRITUALLY not physically.
Can you point out a specific statement by a modern prophet stating that the many times the righteous were called to leave wicked cities before destruction are types and not a pattern?
If you want to look at scriptural patters, I'll give you 3 examples: The City of Enoch, The City of Salem and The super righteous Nephies / Lamanites after Christ's visit to them. These groups were all CITIES of existing people that were made up of individuals who were in a range of righteousness. Some were actual wicked. The ordained and authorized prophet for their established church preached, etc...until the people became ZION, saw God and were translated except in the case of the Nephites / Lamanites. The members of The Church today are following that same pattern. It is not a quick process.
Are you sure about this? With regards to Enoch and salem, there's no way that wicked people could have chosen to leave the city for more comfortable surroundings, or have been expelled from the city?
There will ONLY be a prophet called from outside The Church IF it is a fallen or apostate church. The False Prophet Brigade could ONLY be prophesying and teaching from outside The Church IF it were fallen. It is not therefore they are false. Those of you who follow, believe or espouse their teachings should re-think your position.
If prophecy is only for the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve, ten why did President Gordon B. Hinckley testify to the sisters of the church that some of them are blessed with the gift of prophecy?
Before Brigham Young announced the body of the church was to migrate west to the mountains, several church members claimed to have received prophetic visions or revelation through other means that they and the body of the church would be going west to a mountain home. Are you going to argue that those revelations, which turned out to be true, are false prophecy inspired by Satan because only somebody sustained by the church as a prophet can receive prophecy?
btw there are MANY examples in the scriptures where the people were saved by coming together in a city NOT fleeing into the wilderness. 2 examples should suffice: Go read about how Lachoneus saved his people or you might ask your self where were the people living during the destructions immediately before Christ's visit to the Americas. Why don't your false prophets use these examples? It's because it contradicts their false narrative.
HA HA! Do you really expect anybody to believe that the people who didn't live in Bountiful or Zarahemla weren't fleeing in 3 Ne 3?
I have seen the claim from multiple sources that the Sanpete Valley of Utah will be a significant place of gathering. Will you say that a gathering to such a place doesn't count as fleeing into the wilderness because the people who live there don't have to leave their homes to gather?

The term "fleeing into the wilderness" is not necessarily literal. Many people will, at least initially, be invited to gather to wilderness locations. But many will be gathering in places that are already populated by church members.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kirtland r.m. wrote:Spaced_Out is right! That is the point some of us on the forum are trying to point out.
Okay, have it your way. Enjoy the impending Zombie Apocalypse. I hope this helps.

Zombie Tools

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

thisisspartaaa wrote:This whole tent city garbage has absolutely no validation. It's driven by fear and has no validity.
Not just fear, sometimes it's greed. There's a whole industry developed by "Preachers" to use Revelations to scare people into giving up a fortune to prepare themselves from the impending jaws of hell. It's quite sad, I remember seeing a LOT of that on my mission in the D.C. area.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:Again false doctrine, I have address that point many times.
Yes, you have. But no matter how many times you move the compass needle to point West, it doesn't change where North actually is. You'll not convince me that left is center, up is sideways, or that being a freaky prepper is anything but a ludicrously wasteful use of time and resources. Don't worry, though. There are plenty of people out there just waiting to be fleeced in the name of survivalist rhetoric.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I see a lot of prophecies being posted regarding the destruction and terribleness of the end days. None of them talk about a call-out or tent cities. Not one. So please, stop using them as proof of tent cities. End time cleansing does NOT equal tent cities or a call-out.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

skmo wrote:
thisisspartaaa wrote:This whole tent city garbage has absolutely no validation. It's driven by fear and has no validity.
Not just fear, sometimes it's greed. There's a whole industry developed by "Preachers" to use Revelations to scare people into giving up a fortune to prepare themselves from the impending jaws of hell. It's quite sad, I remember seeing a LOT of that on my mission in the D.C. area.
I believe you are spot on. This end times stuff is a money maker. A whole industry has sprung up around emergency preparedness. This is not all bad, IMO, because it helps non members to also think about what they would do in case of emergency and prepare for it. However, the NDE books that promote claims of seeing the future and encouraging people to prepare in certain ways, to me, are a problem. If they truly have a unique message from God that will offer temporal salvation if we heed it;... it is reasonable to ask why the person puts their account in books and then sells them for profit. I have to question the motives of a site like AVOW which charges it's members. If they really care about warning us and helping us prepare, why make people pay for it?

Some may be sincere, but I'm afraid there are hucksters who are looking to make money off good people who are worried about their fate and the safety of their loved ones.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

durangout wrote:

Best of luck in the Girls' Camps this Spring--The Time Is Now.
Whatever, ya big goof. The word pattern fits as well, and you misspelled the word Nephites. You are one step ahead of many of the saints, because you actually will have heard of these things, and will not be as surprised when they soon happen. And by the way, the gift of prophesy is one of many gifts of the spirit, given to many who don't have the keys that a "Prophet, Seer, and Revelator" holds. We see examples of this in the church quite often. They are not Hyrum Page moments, unless they are trying to usurp authority not theirs, or mislead the saints by bearing false witness.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:Spaced_Out is right! That is the point some of us on the forum are trying to point out.
Okay, have it your way. Enjoy the impending Zombie Apocalypse. I hope this helps.
LOL there will be plenty of Zombies.

There are a few kind of Zombies the first is the one Peter mentioned, the rest are post apocalyptic type.
  • Those stuck to their phones who aimlessly walk around and into things across roads without looking etc.
  • With in the first 1-2 weeks post SHTF, those that have substance addictions who go mad and raid old age homes, pharmacies and hospitals to get the drugs (nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, anti-depressants, cannabis, amphetamines etc etc) - they are the true zombies who need something in the head.
  • Then from 2-4 weeks those that have no preps, they are the walking dead - no action needs to be taken against them - they are like ghost that will disappear soon.
  • I suppose there is another group that has been discussed here quiet a bit - the raiders: unquenchable hunger for food human or otherwise - they are the evolved zombies that can run and have horde mentality - they need two things in the head to stop them.
Plagues that are making a comeback big time in 2016 will soon be full blown and cities will be death traps.

D&C29:18 Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them;
19 And their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me; and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;

Brazil declares emergency after 2,400 babies are born with brain damage, possibly due to mosquito-borne virus
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... rne-virus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Again false doctrine, I have address that point many times.
Yes, you have. But no matter how many times you move the compass needle to point West, it doesn't change where North actually is. You'll not convince me that left is center, up is sideways, or that being a freaky prepper is anything but a ludicrously wasteful use of time and resources. Don't worry, though. There are plenty of people out there just waiting to be fleeced in the name of survivalist rhetoric.
I have quoted numerous scriptures all the sarcasm in the world will not change their true interpretation as given by modern prophets. Behold you have been warned - what you do with it is up to you. Relatively speaking paying insurance for death, disability accident is a bigger waste of time, as the requirement for self sufficiency is a guarantee with the current storms and events that are occurring.

Typhoid fever spreads to Cape, 3 cases reported
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... d-20160128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:Behold you have been warned - what you do with it is up to you.
Good point. Perhaps it's time I started warning people of what we learn in the scriptures.
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
- Acts 2:1
Behold, the Apostle Luke tells us we should all be driving Hondas. Woe unto all of you who drive Chevys or Fords. If you must drive a truck, a Ridgeline is as close to an Accord as you can get.