Not another thread about this (Tent Cities)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Re: Not another thread about this (Tent Cities)

Post by setyourselffree »

Todd wrote:
Sandinista wrote:My concern with Tent Cites, other than my belief that JR, Spencer, Sosa, RKY, and the rest of them are full of it, is exactly that - the lack of indoor plumbing! I don't know about you all, but I've reached the age where a hot shower and flush toilets are pretty much a necessity! :)
Check out this puppy. You'll be in squatin' heaven!!
I can imagine myself taking a dumpski in that on a cold night.
Last edited by setyourselffree on January 26th, 2016, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

durangout wrote:...so i can be one of the "chosen" men in the camps :D
But what if you are chosen by really ugly, mean, and violent women? As handsome as I am, that list would be long. That's why I got the gorgeous bride I did when she was available, and I made sure she liked to camp, shot, live with dogs in the house. Oh, and she refuses to share me with anyone else (lucky for me.)

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Todd wrote:Check out this puppy. You'll be in squatin' heaven!!
potty.png
potty.png (374.58 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
I actually have two of those. One is what we use when we go out camping, the other is loaded with toiletry supplies and a few other items as a part of my 72 hour kit. It's really useful. When we go camping, we set it up on a pallet I throw in the back of the truck and we put up a pop-up tent around it. It really does work great! I've been really pleased with the chem-filled bags that neutralize odor and solidify liquid. They're wonderful.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Jason wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:The entire purpose is to make a Zion society, what will it take to get people to forsake the entire world and overcome the natural man. Nothing but great tribulations. Bring it on let the church be purged to hell and back, a total separation of the intertwined wheat and tares.

Revelation 7:14
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Of course...that's with the perspective that you think you are one of the wheat...and somehow will be spared...which may or may not be true...
Yes of course only one way to find out, I long ago gave up worrying if I would live or die, I wake up every morning wondering why I am still alive, perhaps I am just toooo evil to die and have to be punished a bit more by living longer, but since I have to be punished some more, I will share the misery on the LDSFF. Those that live through righteously till the millennium will miss out on the experience of being in the spirit world what a drag :p ...
Either way it is of no consequence, "Come What May, and Love It - Joseph B. Wirthlin"

The ±186 years the church has been going has not brought any body of the saints to a Zion mined people, something has to dramatically change, if you think it is going to be all sunshine and roses without any thorns, that is not according to scripture.

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
setyourselffree wrote:
Todd wrote:
Sandinista wrote:My concern with Tent Cites, other than my belief that JR, Spencer, Sosa, RKY, and the rest of them are full of it, is exactly that - the lack of indoor plumbing! I don't know about you all, but I've reached the age where a hot shower and flush toilets are pretty much a necessity! :)
I can imagine myself taken myself a dumpski in that on a cold night.
If that is the kind of thing that bothers us there is a very long way to go and I fear the tribulations will be drawn out a bit. Jesus when he walked the earth did not have any plumbing, we are obviously more chosen, and could not possibly be asked to leave the comforts for out homes!!!
If you think your hot water and pluming will still work after the earthquakes and society has collapsed - I think a reevaluation is required.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Jason wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:The entire purpose is to make a Zion society, what will it take to get people to forsake the entire world and overcome the natural man. Nothing but great tribulations. Bring it on let the church be purged to hell and back, a total separation of the intertwined wheat and tares.

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Of course...that's with the perspective that you think you are one of the wheat...and somehow will be spared...which may or may not be true...
Yes of course only one way to find out, I long ago gave up worrying if I would live or die, I wake up every morning wondering why I am still alive, perhaps I am just toooo evil to die and have to be punished a bit more by living longer, but since I have to be punished some more, I will share the misery on the LDSFF. Those that live through righteously till the millennium will miss out on the experience of being in the spirit world what a drag :p ...
Either way it is of no consequence, "Come What May, and Love It - Joseph B. Wirthlin"

The ±186 years the church has been going has not brought any body of the saints to a Zion mined people, something has to dramatically change, if you think it is going to be all sunshine and roses without any thorns, that is not according to scripture.

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
setyourselffree wrote:
Todd wrote:
I can imagine myself taken myself a dumpski in that on a cold night.
If that is the kind of thing that bothers us there is a very long way to go and I fear the tribulations will be drawn out a bit. Jesus when he walked the earth did not have any plumbing, we are obviously more chosen, and could not possibly be asked to leave the comforts for out homes!!!
If you think your hot water and pluming will still work after the earthquakes and society has collapsed - I think a reevaluation is required.
I never said it would work, I just said I would really miss it! :)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

skmo wrote: I've been really pleased with the chem-filled bags that neutralize odor and solidify liquid. They're wonderful.
Is that something akin to kitty litter for humans?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Jason wrote:

You missed the point entirely...which applies as equally to myself as it might to you...which is...we view things through our own lens...which by our natural nature as well as our limited experiences...skews our perspective such that we don't see the whole picture. Realizing that I believe is a very important step in the process of growth...also agree to disagree on the bolded statement (subject to the definition of Zion...and Zion minded people). Also salvation is an individual effort....

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

skmo wrote:Dear Lord above, look down on us from on high and have mercy on us in these last days, free us from the lunacy of people who never grew up.

In the late 70's & early 80's I remember a growing movement of people who knew the world was going to be coming to an end. Gun shows became all the rage, and some of the booths that attracted the most attention were survivalist companies who preached gloom and doom for people who didn't have their latest 46 function survive-all-in-a can product they were selling. Oddly enough, the economy didn't explode ruining society as we know it, people kept working, our debt became bigger while music players were becoming smaller. See The Survivors if you want a good laugh about those dark days.

Late end of the 80's there were more doom and gloom sayers, I remember because one of my cousins told me God told him when our country would die and he sold a lot of their stuff to buy a big van so they could drive around as a family to scavenge the things they needed to survive once that (never really clarified what "it" was) happened. Oddly, the date came and went without global catastrophe.

A bunch of weirdos over on another "LDS themed" website led the crusade for "Tent cities" for the "Call out" we're all going to get from the prophet, but oddly enough the prophet himself didn't say anything about it.(Incidentally, I associate the term "call out" with being challenged to a fight in the school yard after school went out - Those call outs made more sense to me than a tent city call out.) Add to that a couple of "Reality TV" programs about doomsday preppers, often charming individuals with such social hang-ups even the banjo kid in Deliverance looked down on them with pity. I guess they wanted to prepare us for the Kardashians to be let loose on us.

I remember our church leaders telling us we need food storage to help us prepare for life's challenges. I agree with that completely. Like most people, I like to be prepared for many different situations, and having a 72 hour emergency kit does make good sense. However, I've seen far too many people going into serious debt so they can spend 5 years worth of income at Emergency Essentials and Kirkham's to be ready when we have to drop our everything and go live in the freakin' desert and eat horned toads and jack rabbit stew while people are decomposing in the streets in the now deserted cities.

I'll admit, I've been to SCA gatherings and extended camping trips, and we always have a good time (for those who are unaware, SCA is a group that takes "Renaissance Faire" to the next level by having actual battles in period costumes with blunted weapons - It's great good fun.) Afterwards, we pack up and go home to do 3 straight days of laundry and get ready to go back to our jobs so we can make enough money to afford another trip later or next year. It's not "Life" it's escape from life. Being prepared for as many contingencies and problems as we can is great, but I hate to see when people put so much time, effort, and money into prepping maniacally for something that isn't going to happen when they can be putting those talents and resources to good use.

If you enjoy playing "Mad Max" then by all means, get a bronze badge and a Ford Falcon XB GT coupe and put a Weiand blower on it. However, if I may, don't sell your baby to pay for it, don't use every last resource you have building a travois to haul a tent around the West Utah desert, and DO listen to our inspired leaders for guidance, not Nat Geo Wild directors or the latest and greatest near-death experience savior among men. Chances are you'll live long enough to collect Social Security, but don't count on anything being in it at the time. Put your money away safely.
Couldn't have said it better. I don't know why so many people can't see the fad of preparing for the end of world comes in cycles. I would have hated to be one of those who in the 70's and 80's was convinced the apocalypse was right around the corner and so didn't plan for their retirement.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

iWriteStuff wrote:
skmo wrote: I've been really pleased with the chem-filled bags that neutralize odor and solidify liquid. They're wonderful.
Is that something akin to kitty litter for humans?
Basically, yes. I close the bag at the end of the day and replace it with a new one and even then the bag basically emits no odors while I seal it.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:If that is the kind of thing that bothers us there is a very long way to go and I fear the tribulations will be drawn out a bit. Jesus when he walked the earth did not have any plumbing, we are obviously more chosen, and could not possibly be asked to leave the comforts for out homes!!!
And if you think that plumbing and hot water is some great mystery beyond the realm of human understanding, I'd say you're due for a reevaluation. I'm a school teacher, and I have installed water heaters, dug up and repaired sewer and water pipes, when I lived in Alaska I rebuilt boilers that provided both heat for the house and hot water for the family (including having to do it on the school's boiler for heat in the whole school) and run gas pipes for hot tubs. I've built solar powered hot water heaters for our family with my father when I was a teenager, built wood burning stoves out of barrels with frame and door hardware out of raw materials. Figuring out life isn't rocket science, and even the part of it that is can be learned and repeated. Doom and gloom is bunk and junk.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:Figuring out life isn't rocket science, and even the part of it that is can be learned and repeated. Doom and gloom is bunk and junk.
Totally agree, what is the great issue with tent cities. It is not doom and gloom it is a positive step in the right direction. I fail to see why people have such an issue with having to move out of failed cites.
I very much doubt gas, water and fuel will be available, so unless you have them already installed you will have to go without.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:Couldn't have said it better. I don't know why so many people can't see the fad of preparing for the end of world comes in cycles. I would have hated to be one of those who in the 70's and 80's was convinced the apocalypse was right around the corner and so didn't plan for their retirement.
I graduated in '82 so I was around as a kid at the start of the big gun shows, and let me tell you: It was a GREAT time to be a kid. I remember beineg caught up in all the companies and loving the emergency equipment which looked like scout camp on steroids. I just laughed and laughed when I saw Robin Williams and Walter Matthau in The Survivors because it did such a good job of showing just how far some of the survivalists would go to secure their haven away from all the terror of decaying civilization. When they're asked to hunt down and kill the "intruder" Matthau played, the only concern with killing his was "Are we going to be charged extra for this?" Then at the last minute they find out the guy selling these cabins leased the land from Natives and the "Secret Plans" his assistant carried in his brief case held all the records of his stocks in things like major NYC companies and such. Watching him run from an angry mob in dog sleds was great. I was about 19 by then and even I recognized the refined snake oil being sold.

Like I said, being prepared for life's foibles is a great thing, as even our leaders have counselled us to have food storage, emergency cash, and things we need to use in our lives, but to make that your whole purpose and your only goal is silly beyond compare. Don't prep so much for a tomorrow that won't come (at least not in the way characters like Les sold in The Survivors) to the exclusion of enjoying life today and accomplishing great things in today's world. We need people to bring hope to our fellow men and women, not xenophobic and/or religious isolationism.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Spaced_Out wrote:
skmo wrote:Figuring out life isn't rocket science, and even the part of it that is can be learned and repeated. Doom and gloom is bunk and junk.
Totally agree, what is the great issue with tent cities. It is not doom and gloom it is a positive step in the right direction. I fail to see why people have such an issue with having to move out of failed cites.
I very much doubt gas, water and fuel will be available, so unless you have them already installed you will have to go without.
That's the same position those in Martin's Cove took.
So did the Lord forsake them and yet will protect your little tent city? Why you but not them? I suspect your bliss will be short lived.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:Totally agree, what is the great issue with tent cities. It is not doom and gloom it is a positive step in the right direction.
Seriously? It would take major league doom and gloom to make me move into an idiotic tent city. The idea we're all going to set up our civilization in canvas homes beneath God's Holy Mountain like the Children of Israel while we plow fields and raise goats is stupid to me beyond even the dumbest things mankind can come up with. If tent cities were so freakin' great, God would have had us build His holy temples out of 12 oz. duck cloth canvas. If tent cities were worth considering, all of our chapels would be available in a mail order package from Sportsman's Warehouse.
I fail to see why people have such an issue with having to move out of failed cites.
Try using your imagination a little more. The issue with it is that it's one of the most stupid crackpot notions the tiny minds of juvenile thinkers can come up with. The idea of living in a tent is great for a week or so when you're a scout growing up, but it's far beyond sensible for most any adult who wants to learn and grow beyond "Me caveman, kill animals for food and skins" kind of thinking. In some places of the world, tribes like Mongolians, groups of Rus and Yup'ik in Siberia, and a few groups around the equator level jungles still live as nomads. Often times they have very short lives, extremely high infant mortality levels, and even they are shrinking because their people increasingly want to be a part of the larger growing world.

It's a romantic notion to return to a simpler life like the Pioneers had. The hardships they suffered and the trials they had often don't figure into the fairytale story we like to tell ourselves, but even the handcart pioneers didn't want to wander around with a tent city, they just wanted to get to a part of the world where they could build a home of their own. Their homes weren't going to be Springbar tents, either.

I find it hilarious that people who tout the idea of tent cities can't grasp the notion that there's already a world. Leaving it to build a better world without civilization will result in trying to rebuild the civilization they're trying to leave. Why do we have plumbing? Because it's better than peeing out the door of a tent or crapping in a bucket in the corner. It's better than living in primitive conditions because we don't like the garbage that our civilization puts out. Tent cities are a little kid's fantasy which is fine for little kids, but it's fairly ridiculous for adults to act like kids when there's a world here that needs our help. You want God to have a Zion people? Make your home and your heart into a Zion. Teach your neighbors how to listen to the Spirit and follow God's teachings. Don't try to make your life an extended version of Scout Camp or a Bear Grylls marathon.
I can make alcohol out of corn that will run a car engine. I can make solar powered or wood stove water heaters out of junk in my pole barn out back. We have more natural gas in our country than we will use in a long, long time, life many lifetimes of generations. We're developing more green and renewable power solutions, and all that knowledge isn't going to get sucked into a vortex of oblivion.
Last edited by skmo on January 27th, 2016, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

skmo wrote: I find it hilarious that people who tout the idea of tent cities can't grasp the notion that there's already a world. Leaving it to build a better world without civilization will result in trying to rebuild the civilization they're trying to leave. Why do we have plumbing? Because it's better than peeing out the door of a tent or crapping in a bucket in the corner. It's better than living in primitive conditions because we don't like the garbage that our civilization puts out. Tent cities are a little kid's fantasy which is fine for little kids, but it's fairly ridiculous for adults to act like kids when there's a world here that needs our help. You want God to have a Zion people? Make your home and your heart into a Zion. Teach your neighbors how to listen to the Spirit and follow God's teachings. Don't try to make your life an extended version of Scout Camp or a Bear Grylls marathon.
Amen!

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

shadow wrote:
skmo wrote: I find it hilarious that people who tout the idea of tent cities can't grasp the notion that there's already a world. Leaving it to build a better world without civilization will result in trying to rebuild the civilization they're trying to leave. Why do we have plumbing? Because it's better than peeing out the door of a tent or crapping in a bucket in the corner. It's better than living in primitive conditions because we don't like the garbage that our civilization puts out. Tent cities are a little kid's fantasy which is fine for little kids, but it's fairly ridiculous for adults to act like kids when there's a world here that needs our help. You want God to have a Zion people? Make your home and your heart into a Zion. Teach your neighbors how to listen to the Spirit and follow God's teachings. Don't try to make your life an extended version of Scout Camp or a Bear Grylls marathon.
Amen!
AND because it's better than dying from cholera and dysentery within a few weeks which is exactly what would happen if tent cities were to happen.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:Seriously? It would take major league doom and gloom to make me move into an idiotic tent city. The idea we're all going to set up our civilization in canvas homes beneath God's Holy Mountain like the Children of Israel while we plow fields and raise goats is stupid to me beyond even the dumbest things mankind can come up with. If tent cities were so freakin' great, God would have had us build His holy temples out of 12 oz. duck cloth canvas. If tent cities were worth considering, all of our chapels would be available in a mail order package from Sportsman's Warehouse.
Living in a tent city is not by choice. 2015 saw over 60million refugees across the world fleeing war, pestilence and poverty. Majority of them are housed in tents. You think because you live in the US you are immune and the gas and services will continue to flow!! It is a dreamers paradise. The wicked and those who were once enlightened are punished the most, like the Nephites and Jaradites - the destruction of the US is assured. Enjoy your FEMA camps when they come to round you up as sheep.
There must be like 6 million preppers in the US most of them consider that bugging out when the tribulations start, as the cities are volatile death traps with much larger risk of disease and plague.

This is what happened on the Savors death to the US, and it is type of what is to come, and we are told it is going to be worse.

3Nephi 9:2 Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!
3 Behold, that great city Zarahemla have I burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof.
4 And behold, that great city Moroni have I caused to be sunk in the depths of the sea, and the inhabitants thereof to be drowned.
5 And behold, that great city Moronihah have I covered with earth, and the inhabitants thereof, to hide their iniquities and their abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come any more unto me against them.
6 And behold, the city of Gilgal have I caused to be sunk, and the inhabitants thereof to be buried up in the depths of the earth;
7 Yea, and the city of Onihah and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of Mocum and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of Jerusalem and the inhabitants thereof; and waters have I caused to come up in the stead thereof, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come up any more unto me against them.
8 And behold, the city of Gadiandi, and the city of Gadiomnah, and the city of Jacob, and the city of Gimgimno, all these have I caused to be sunk, and made hills and valleys in the places thereof; and the inhabitants thereof have I buried up in the depths of the earth, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up any more unto me against them.
9 And behold, that great city Jacobugath, which was inhabited by the people of king Jacob, have I caused to be burned with fire because of their sins and their wickedness, which was above all the wickedness of the whole earth, because of their secret murders and combinations; for it was they that did destroy the peace of my people and the government of the land; therefore I did cause them to be burned, to destroy them from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up unto me any more against them.
10 And behold, the city of Laman, and the city of Josh, and the city of Gad, and the city of Kishkumen, have I caused to be burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof, because of their wickedness in casting out the prophets, and stoning those whom I did send to declare unto them concerning their wickedness and their abominations.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

shadow wrote:That's the same position those in Martin's Cove took.
So did the Lord forsake them and yet will protect your little tent city? Why you but not them? I suspect your bliss will be short lived.
Yes, those that did not leave and go with the body of the Saints when persecutions rose were slaughtered, so stay and have a similar fate.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Actually, most were converts from Europe. They were headed to be with the body of saints.
Martin's Cove is in Wyoming and they weren't slaughtered, they were malnourished and froze.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Spaced_Out wrote:
skmo wrote:Seriously? It would take major league doom and gloom to make me move into an idiotic tent city. The idea we're all going to set up our civilization in canvas homes beneath God's Holy Mountain like the Children of Israel while we plow fields and raise goats is stupid to me beyond even the dumbest things mankind can come up with. If tent cities were so freakin' great, God would have had us build His holy temples out of 12 oz. duck cloth canvas. If tent cities were worth considering, all of our chapels would be available in a mail order package from Sportsman's Warehouse.
Living in a tent city is not by choice. 2015 saw over 60million refugees across the world fleeing war, pestilence and poverty. Majority of them are housed in tents. You think because you live in the US you are immune and the gas and services will continue to flow!! It is a dreamers paradise. The wicked and those who were once enlightened are punished the most, like the Nephites and Jaradites - the destruction of the US is assured. Enjoy your FEMA camps when they come to round you up as sheep.
There must be like 6 million preppers in the US most of them consider that bugging out when the tribulations start, as the cities are volatile death traps with much larger risk of disease and plague.

This is what happened on the Savors death to the US, and it is type of what is to come, and we are told it is going to be worse.

3Nephi 9:2 Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!
3 Behold, that great city Zarahemla have I burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof.
4 And behold, that great city Moroni have I caused to be sunk in the depths of the sea, and the inhabitants thereof to be drowned.
5 And behold, that great city Moronihah have I covered with earth, and the inhabitants thereof, to hide their iniquities and their abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come any more unto me against them.
6 And behold, the city of Gilgal have I caused to be sunk, and the inhabitants thereof to be buried up in the depths of the earth;
7 Yea, and the city of Onihah and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of Mocum and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of Jerusalem and the inhabitants thereof; and waters have I caused to come up in the stead thereof, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come up any more unto me against them.
8 And behold, the city of Gadiandi, and the city of Gadiomnah, and the city of Jacob, and the city of Gimgimno, all these have I caused to be sunk, and made hills and valleys in the places thereof; and the inhabitants thereof have I buried up in the depths of the earth, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up any more unto me against them.
9 And behold, that great city Jacobugath, which was inhabited by the people of king Jacob, have I caused to be burned with fire because of their sins and their wickedness, which was above all the wickedness of the whole earth, because of their secret murders and combinations; for it was they that did destroy the peace of my people and the government of the land; therefore I did cause them to be burned, to destroy them from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up unto me any more against them.
10 And behold, the city of Laman, and the city of Josh, and the city of Gad, and the city of Kishkumen, have I caused to be burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof, because of their wickedness in casting out the prophets, and stoning those whom I did send to declare unto them concerning their wickedness and their abominations.

SpacedOut et al: Guess where the saints in the Americas were living during all the destructions at the time of Christ's death and where were they living when HE visited them? CITIES not tents.
Last edited by durangout on January 29th, 2016, 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:Living in a tent city is not by choice. 2015 saw over 60million refugees across the world fleeing war, pestilence and poverty. Majority of them are housed in tents. You think because you live in the US you are immune and the gas and services will continue to flow!! It is a dreamers paradise.
Okay, Gilligan. I hope your island paradise is all you want it to be. If I knew I could have been stuck in the wilderness with Maryann making me coconut cream pies and the Professor fixing the radio, I wouldn't have minded being marooned for a little while, but not any more.
The wicked and those who were once enlightened are punished the most, like the Nephites and Jaradites - the destruction of the US is assured.
Wait - Because I know about the Second Coming and I choose not to be a modern day cross between Sanford and Son & my Native ancestral tribes I'm going to be punished more? Granted, since I'm currently excommunicated I am not receiving all of the gospel benefits I can, but I'm living worthily and I'm certainly doing all I can to be re-baptized. I'm not Enoch levels of holy, but I'm certainly doing the best I can to obey God's words to us, so I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm going to have to reject the notion I won't get blessed and protected by God in all the challenges I may face. I don't believe the lunatic idea that the prophet is going to tell us to become Midwest Mountain Bedouin and live in a real-world Bedrock like the Flintstones. If we're not supposed to be living in the places where we currently are, why is God having us build chapels here? Why is He having us build His holy Temples here?

No, I'm sorry, but I reject the fallacy which all too many immature people choose to believe about the necessity of "tent cities" and a modern day enactment of "How the West Was Won." In the places where refugees exist, more often than not civilization never really took much hold by comparison to First World places. There will be wars all around, but I'm not worried about it coming to my front door. If it does, I'm armed, and I'll do what I can for the fight. If it results in my death, I guess the killers get my dogs and my DVD collection. Boo, and then hoo.
Enjoy your FEMA camps when they come to round you up as sheep.
It would have been more entertaining had you said "...when they come to round ewe up as sheep. Seriously, dude, you've got to stop listening to those maniacally crackpot reactionary radio shock jocks. The guys out there warning us about FEMA camps are so screwy they even make Rush Limbaugh look sane and reasonable, and that's no small feat since he's such a world class blowhard. He has some good points, but he buries them in rhetoric sharp enough to shave with and dense enough to drive nails with, and even he makes FEMA Camp prophets look sane.
I'll ignore the grammatical faux pas there and assume you meant to either make a statement or ask a question with the incomplete thought there and just say that some cities now, like Chicago, are already death traps in many ways. While people are running around pulling their belongings in a cart trying to avoid the plague and Ebola and HIV, my home will still be a place where family prayer is said, dogs eat dog food and people eat people food, and the missionaries come for dinner. If people get tired of running away from those viruses, they can come camp on my lawn. They needn't worry, though, I won't impose any of my silly superstitions on them (like running hot water and a house warmed by the fireplace I'm about to go put another log on) and they can even listen and participate in our Family Home Evening if they wish.
In the Savior's time, people lived in mud huts and stick dwellings. I'm not surprised when they fell down at His coming (Oh, and by the way, the huts, dwellings, and tents then were in CITIES, not the wilderness) but I think some modern day dwellings might be able to withstand some of the buffeting of what is to happen. Even if it doesn't, I'll be happy to rebuild my home. However, please show me the revelation where God told us - directly through His prophet - that we'll be expected to throw all our belongings away, put our stuff in a covered wagon, and go out to play "Pioneer Days" for real, and I'll be glad to add that as a consideration into my thought process. Remember, I said "DIRECTLY THROUGH HIS PROPHET" and not through Sally Jane's comatose vision of The Last Days or in the tequila-fueled spiritual vision of somebody's holy cousin in Tennessee named Billy-Jo-Bobby-Thomas-Bubba-Goober-Jack, or in the vision from the near death experience of (pick any zealot's name) and their miracle recovery story they'll be only too glad to share with you in their newly printed book at the low, low price of $79.95 titled "God Sent Me Back To Save You Godless Heathens."

Monson. Hinckley. Hunter. Benson. Kimball. Lee. Smith. McKay. Smith. Grant. Smith. Snow. Woodruff. Taylor. Young. Smith.

A revelation from someone other than one of them won't gain much traction with me.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The wicked and those who were once enlightened are punished the most, like the Nephites and Jaradites - the destruction of the US is assured.
This is a generic statement applicable to the USA as it is the land of promise not to an individual. There are many scriptures about the USA being chosen land and the inhabitants have to accept his Gospel or be destroyed. I can see the pride your houses are equipped to deal with the tribulations and you are more 'civilized' and not from areas where refugees are coming from - can't happen to the great america despite all the prophecies that America will suffer the most destruction.

3 Nephi 16:10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

The destruction's at His death was more than just earthquakes but whole cites buried, burnt or swept away in floods and whirlwinds. Many prophecies in D&C relating to tsunami, earthquakes great storms and lightning, hail etc.. Those that remained in those cites would of died. There have been many callouts in the last few years from disaster like storm 'Katrina'. We know the storms and calamities that are coming will be much worse, and it is said that those things were 'just a taste of that which is to come'. To think it will happen to others and not in your area is a fools arrogance. It is not recorded in 3 Nephi or in NT (Jerusalem) at the Saviors death that the the righteous in those cities did not escape prior to the destruction. But we know from history that the early Christians fled prior to the Roman crackdown on Jerusalem. The Jews prior to the 2ww were told to flee those that did not because they had money and comfortable lives came unstuck. If you look at the scripture below the more righteous were spared, they must of been in a different place not to be burned, swept away or buried in the depth of the sea in fulfillment of the words of the Holy Prophets.

3 Nephi 11 And thus far were the scriptures fulfilled which had been spoken by the prophets.
12 And it was the more righteous part of the people who were saved, and it was they who received the prophets and stoned them not; and it was they who had not shed the blood of the saints, who were spared—
13 And they were spared and were not sunk and buried up in the earth; and they were not drowned in the depths of the sea; and they were not burned by fire, neither were they fallen upon and crushed to death; and they were not carried away in the whirlwind; neither were they overpowered by the vapor of smoke and of darkness.
14 And now, whoso readeth, let him understand; he that hath the scriptures, let him search them, and see and behold if all these deaths and destructions by fire, and by smoke, and by tempests, and by whirlwinds, and by the opening of the earth to receive them, and all these things are not unto the fulfilling of the prophecies of many of the holy prophets.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:In the Savior's time, people lived in mud huts and stick dwellings. I'm not surprised when they fell down at His coming (Oh, and by the way, the huts, dwellings, and tents then were in CITIES, not the wilderness) but I think some modern day dwellings might be able to withstand some of the buffeting of what is to happen. Even if it doesn't, I'll be happy to rebuild my home. However, please show me the revelation where God told us - directly through His prophet - that we'll be expected to throw all our belongings away, put our stuff in a covered wagon, and go out to play "Pioneer Days" for real, and I'll be glad to add that as a consideration into my thought process. Remember, I said "DIRECTLY THROUGH HIS PROPHET" and not through Sally Jane's comatose vision of The Last Days or in the tequila-fueled spiritual vision of somebody's holy cousin in Tennessee named Billy-Jo-Bobby-Thomas-Bubba-Goober-Jack, or in the vision from the near death experience of (pick any zealot's name) and their miracle recovery story they'll be only too glad to share with you in their newly printed book at the low, low price of $79.95 titled "God Sent Me Back To Save You Godless Heathens."

Monson. Hinckley. Hunter. Benson. Kimball. Lee. Smith. McKay. Smith. Grant. Smith. Snow. Woodruff. Taylor. Young. Smith.

A revelation from someone other than one of them won't gain much traction with me.
Recorded by Joseph Smith in D&C 45..Have to flee to Zion the New Jerusalem Jackson County or be at war, you hinted you would rather be at war - well that is your choice but there will be other choices like going to the New Jerusalem where G_d will fight the battles as He did with City of Enoch.

D&C 45:66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote:Recorded by Joseph Smith in D&C 45..Have to flee to Zion the New Jerusalem Jackson County or be at war
Swing and a miss on a waist high slow ball down the middle of the plate. I'm glad to see you're doing some reading, though.
you hinted you would rather be at war - well that is your choice but there will be other choices like going to the New Jerusalem where G_d will fight the battles as He did with City of Enoch.
Not sure which foreign language you speak or which online translator you're using, but it seems to be getting some random word replacements.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Recorded by Joseph Smith in D&C 45..Have to flee to Zion the New Jerusalem Jackson County or be at war
Swing and a miss on a waist high slow ball down the middle of the plate. I'm glad to see you're doing some reading, though.
Is that the best you can do, what can I say but we are all at different levels of understanding and acceptance. US financial markets were down overnight thanks to out of control US Fed, and Chinese markets down today by 2.92% that is basically -25% just for January 2016. We will soon find out how things are going down.
you hinted you would rather be at war - well that is your choice but there will be other choices like going to the New Jerusalem where G_d will fight the battles as He did with City of Enoch.
Not sure which foreign language you speak or which online translator you're using, but it seems to be getting some random word replacements.
It is called communication, if you are only able to communicate and understand at one level you are missing out a lot!!!