Some new information about Julie Rowe's new book, From Tragedy to Destiny

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Re: Some new information about Julie Rowe's new book, From Tragedy to Destiny

Post by mirkwood »

Spaced_Out wrote:

Again more false doctrine preached trying to discredit the scriptural prophesied visions. It is fulfullmetn of scripture sons and daughters are to prophecy.

Post the false doctrine in either post. Spaced out indeed.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

If we focus on the scripture in Joel to the exclusion of all othe scriptures, we can just hang out in this forum and we'll have all we need to know. But if we read it in conjunction with other scripture, like D&C 44:2-6, we are given more clarity:

"And it shall come to pass that inasmuch as they are FAITHFUL, and EXERCISE FAITH IN ME (Christ)
I will POUR OUT MY SPIRIT UPON THEM in the day that they assemble themselves together...

And it shall come to pass that they shall go forth into the regions round about, and PREACH REPENTANCE unto the people...

That EVERY BOND MAY BE BROKEN wherewith the enemy seeketh to destroy my people.

Behold I say unto you that YE MUST VISIT THE POOR AND THE NEEDY an ADMINISTER TO THEIR RELIEF, that they may be kept UNTIL ALL THINGS MAY BE DONE ACCORDING TO MY LAW WHICH YE HAVE RECEIVED."

Where does our temporal emergency preparedness fit on the scale of priorities with God? Well, it's certainly up there. President Benson and other prophets, as well as scriptures - and yes, at times our own dreams and visions - have made that abundantly clear.

However, notice in the scripture that I shared how much emphasis is placed on 1) spreading the gospel, 2) preaching repentance, and 3) taking care of the poor and needy.

Also, think back to our last General Conference in October. What were the themes from the talks? What would you be likely to conclude is the primary emphasis being given by the speakers, the 12 apostles and the Prophet?

If all you can come up with is "tents" or "food storage", then the probability is pretty high that you weren't listening.

So bringing it back to Joel, are we focusing so much on ONE means of guidance and inspiration to the exclusion of other pertinent scripture and modern day revelation, particularly that which comes from our Prophet, that we could find ourselves becoming distracted from focusing on what is "best" on the "good, better, best" scale?

And those "best" things include:
- repentance
- being faithful AND exercising faith in Christ (an interesting distinction)
- and caring for the poor and needy

We are warned to prepare temporally because He loves us.
But when we also repent, are faithful to His church, exercise faith in Christ, and focus our time and energy on caring for His children, we show our love for Him.

Let's not get so caught up in the thrill that runs up our leg when we dwell on prep stuff that we forget why we came to earth in the first place.

Cuz if you die tomorrow, you can't take your tent with you.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Matchmaker wrote:The Prophets, Apostles, and the Scriptures have testified of what is to come in the latter days. We have also been told how and what to do to prepare. We just need to do what we already have been told to do, and then get on with living our lives the way Jesus has asked us to.

Sometimes all these books about NDEs and all the hell that is coming just reinforces the fear in others and seems to make it worse to the point where the coming destruction is all anyone can think about, almost like an obsession or addiction. That's when I think satan gets involved, and it is time to back away quickly.
Yeah all the NDE etc are just one more sign or leaf on the fig tree indicating the coming season 'summer is nigh'. Just like the hastening that no one talks about any more. To deny all the visions, NDE saying they are not of G_d because you have some fear for the future. To me no fear, the sooner sin is wiped away and we can isolate ourselves from the wicked the better.
I do agree sin is what we should fear and nothing else, if you are prepared no need to fear. Do your preps and move on, get over it already, those that don't think the visions/NDE etc are from G_d why cant you just move on, people have agency to believe what they want. The continual hounding and digging into people private lives and beliefs and how they live is insanity. No one made you guys the watchdog for the church. The constant attacks and postings about what some visionary said at a meeting!! Why even bother if you don't believe in any of it - why waste your time on it thee is plenty of other fig leaves to watch coming out of the bud indicating summer is neigh. Time to watch the stock markets and news on wars, earthquakes, volcanoes, weather and plagues that are making a big resurgence in 2016. No matter where you look you will see the fig buds sprouting out.

I stead you will get a copy of her new book go through it with a fine tooth comb and invest some inconsistencies and talk more about her personal life - why let people have their free agency to believe what they want.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LatterDayLizard wrote:If all you can come up with is "tents" or "food storage", then the probability is pretty high that you weren't listening.
I think the opposite is true those that accept the NDE from Rowe, Spence and Sarah etc take it as another witness and fulfillment of scripture that the signs that were given are being fulfilled, those that don't agree are the ones that can't move on and keep starting new threads and raising up a commotion.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LatterDayLizard wrote:If we focus on the scripture in Joel to the exclusion of all othe scriptures, we can just hang out in this forum and we'll have all we need to know. But if we read it in conjunction with other scripture, like D&C 44:2-6, we are given more clarity:

"And it shall come to pass that inasmuch as they are FAITHFUL, and EXERCISE FAITH IN ME (Christ)
I will POUR OUT MY SPIRIT UPON THEM in the day that they assemble themselves together...

And it shall come to pass that they shall go forth into the regions round about, and PREACH REPENTANCE unto the people...
D&C 44: is a different scripture with different context - talking about where two or three are gathered is spirit will be with them. Joel is talking about sign of last days and his spirit upon all flesh - having dreams and visions does not occur when people are gathered together... One cant take a single phrase and apply it to all scriptures with a similar phrase. Again more of the deception and preaching weird doctrines to confuse, and more weirdness than what I find in J.Rowe writings. Yet people are very eager to be critical of her writings but they themselves don't even have basic understanding of the most simple principles of the kingdom. It is not just "LatterDayLizard" post the other posts on these threads about J.Rowe are much worse, and I have pointed some of it out.

Joel 2:28 ¶And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

This is how preppers see the last days - end of times, there is no fear in their beliefs. Others see it as all doom and gloom. One has to move on with dignity. This fear thing needs to be addressed and who exactly are the fearful ones.

http://www.utne.com/community/preparing ... fzsau.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On the morning I first visited Ruben and Carmen, standing in their sunlit kitchen, I mentioned somewhat glibly that I was writing an article about the end of the world. Carmen’s response was matter-of-fact. “Everything comes to an end,” she said as she poured herself a glass of water. “It’s mysterious, but it’s also so completely ordinary. Of course it’s going to end.”

Ruben made us each an espresso using an ancient chrome-handled machine salvaged from a restaurant he used to own. The coffee was bitter on my tongue, but also rich, layered with complexity.

Last fall, Carmen watched an old friend die of cancer. She was struck by the dignity with which he encountered his death. He called it the next great adventure. Carmen would like to bear witness to the unraveling of our society with the same unflinching gaze. “Rather than trying to preserve or escape or even prolong, we have to meet it,” she said. “And right now we’re actually making it worse by not meeting the moment the way that we need to. And that is undignified. It hurts our sensibility as humans, because I think most of us know on some level that this is not working.
Each successive civilization on this planet falls harder and pays more dearly for its mistakes, observed historian and archeologist Ronald Wright in his 2004 Massey Lectures. Globalization has now tied all 7 billion of us together in one giant experiment. “As we climbed the rungs of progress, we kicked out the rungs below,” Wright warned. “There is no going back without catastrophe.

“We’re trying to figure out how we can take this understanding of the collapse of the world as we know it and express it as something that is joyful and abundant and richly connected,””

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

Spaced_out I think you missed my point. D&C 44 is one example of what the Lord wants us to be focusing on. There are many others.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

mirkwood wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:

Again more false doctrine preached trying to discredit the scriptural prophesied visions. It is fulfullmetn of scripture sons and daughters are to prophecy.

Still waiting...

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

mirkwood wrote:
mirkwood wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote: Again more false doctrine preached trying to discredit the scriptural prophesied visions. It is fulfullmetn of scripture sons and daughters are to prophecy.
Still waiting...
People are at different levels of spiritual understanding,most struggle just to drink milk - it is not my job to correct their understanding. If you read my posts above I point out plenty of false doctrine that is preached to try and discredit J.Rowe etc. - time to kill this thread.
I read that the US is having some good storms on both the east and west coast. Enjoy the few weeks/months that are left before it all falls apart. A true sermon will soon be preached and there will be no mistaking it, and the interpretation thereof.

88:89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Pride prevents you from admitting your error.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Spaced_Out wrote: Enjoy the few weeks/months that are left before it all falls apart.
What a most telling statement to make.... :-?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Spaced_Out wrote:
mirkwood wrote:Still waiting...
People are at different levels of spiritual understanding,most struggle just to drink milk - it is not my job to correct their understanding. If you read my posts above I point out plenty of false doctrine that is preached to try and discredit J.Rowe etc. - time to kill this thread.
I read that the US is having some good storms on both the east and west coast. Enjoy the few weeks/months that are left before it all falls apart. A true sermon will soon be preached and there will be no mistaking it, and the interpretation thereof.

88:89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
The sermon has been going for years....from earthquakes to volcanoes to tidal waves to snow/ice storms to tornadoes...and on and on (financials & economics, job loss, etc etc etc.)
I'm curious if you can specify exactly what's going to go down in the next few weeks or months?

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Spaced_Out wrote:Yeah all the NDE etc are just one more sign or leaf on the fig tree indicating the coming season 'summer is nigh'. Just like the hastening that no one talks about any more. To deny all the visions, NDE saying they are not of G_d because you have some fear for the future. To me no fear, the sooner sin is wiped away and we can isolate ourselves from the wicked the better.
I do agree sin is what we should fear and nothing else, if you are prepared no need to fear. Do your preps and move on, get over it already, those that don't think the visions/NDE etc are from G_d why cant you just move on, people have agency to believe what they want. The continual hounding and digging into people private lives and beliefs and how they live is insanity. No one made you guys the watchdog for the church. The constant attacks and postings about what some visionary said at a meeting!! Why even bother if you don't believe in any of it - why waste your time on it thee is plenty of other fig leaves to watch coming out of the bud indicating summer is neigh. Time to watch the stock markets and news on wars, earthquakes, volcanoes, weather and plagues that are making a big resurgence in 2016. No matter where you look you will see the fig buds sprouting out.

I stead you will get a copy of her new book go through it with a fine tooth comb and invest some inconsistencies and talk more about her personal life - why let people have their free agency to believe what they want.
I agree they are a sign of the last days--they are the fullment of the SCRIPTURAL prophecy that in the last days there will be false prophets and false christs.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

durangout wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Yeah all the NDE etc are just one more sign or leaf on the fig tree indicating the coming season 'summer is nigh'. Just like the hastening that no one talks about any more. To deny all the visions, NDE saying they are not of G_d because you have some fear for the future. To me no fear, the sooner sin is wiped away and we can isolate ourselves from the wicked the better.

I agree they are a sign of the last days--they are the fullment of the SCRIPTURAL prophecy that in the last days there will be false prophets and false christs.
Don't forget false teachers.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

thisisspartaaa wrote:Don't forget false teachers.
Enjoy your playing in the snow after snowzilla record snow falls, and US markets dropping again after oil briefly goes below $30.

Economy going down in 2016 100,000,000,000,000% guaranteed, equal to size of US debt (total debt is prob more). Enjoy your civil war and race riots. A scripture below for those will only hear good things. If you think this time will be no different to any other that we have seen before you are missing all the buds sprouting on the fig tree.

Isaiah 20:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord:
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

kirtland r.m. wrote:A little new information. Chapter Headings given on Her website...
“From Tragedy to Destiny” – Table of ContentsHer original book has these chapters:

CHAPTER ONE: On the Edge of the VeilThe day I left my body

CHAPTER TWO: Welcomed by JohnThe Lake

CHAPTER THREE: The City of LightThe city of LIght

CHAPTER FOUR: The LibraryThe Library

CHAPTER FIVE: A Panorama of HistoryThe Book of Records

CHAPTER SIX: The Life of ChristMansions in Heaven

CHAPTER SEVEN: The Founding FathersMy Life Review

CHAPTER EIGHT: My Life ReviewThe window of heaven

CHAPTER NINE: The Window of HeavenEarthly cities of Light

CHAPTER TEN: Finding Places of SafetyDestructions, Famines and Plagues

CHAPTER ELEVEN: Natural Disasters BeginForeign Troops in America

CHAPTER TWELVE: Plagues and SicknessesAdam-ondi-Ahman

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: The U.S. Government Implements Martial LawNew Jerusalem and Living Water

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Foreign Troops Invade the United StatesThe Second Coming and the Millenium

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: God’s People Will Defend Their LibertyMy Testimony of the Savior

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: The Savior’s Second Coming

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: My Return to Earth

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Becoming Spiritually Prepared for the Future

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Be Temporally Prepared Before the Troubles Begin

CHAPTER TWENTY: My Testimony of the Savior

APPENDIX: The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund

PUBLISHER’S NOTE:

This book includes material that appeared in the author’s previous books, A Greater Tomorrow, and The Time is Now. However, much of that content has been condensed or revised so that the author could include never before published anecdotes and other pertinent information
As mentioned before, this book is being written to a non-member audience and this seems to bear that out. She's probably leaving out things that a non member audience wouldn't understand or be turned off by, like the New Jerusalem and Adam on di Ahman. She's also talking more to an audience who are worried by turbulent times in our country. She's added the chapters on spiritual and temporal preparation and info. on the charity she started.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

itsallgood wrote:
Catherine wrote:There seems to be something very intriguing about Julie Rowe to the group who is disgusted by her. They all tend to know every detail of her book and speaking engagements. Why is that do you suppose? Seriously wondering...
Because they know her. Personally I think lyanne is jealous. Many that have known her are now jealous of her because Chad Daybell is only publishing her books lately. Drama, drama, drama! I am pretty sure I know who lyanne is but I will stay out of it.
She didn't sound jealous to me, her explanations of concern sounded like many others of us have shared and I don't believe we share concerns because of jealousy.

How do you know that Chad Daybell is only publishing Julie's books now? I had not heard that. Didn't he publish Hector Sosa's book? It would seem like a bad idea for a publisher to only have one author, sounds like a tenuous business decision, IMO.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

itsallgood wrote:
lyanne's claims are that Julie's message is dangerous because she will lead people astray and distract them so that they won't be focusing on what they should be. Those that know Julie from AVOW and other places are some of the ones making these claims about her. There is a lot of history there that not many understand. If you PM me I can give more details if you really want the full story but, this is not the place. I assure you though Kirkland R.M. that there is no point in arguing your point on this one. I think Brian J knows exactly what I am talking about too.
I have a feeling that a number of you are or were active on AVOW, is this correct? I am not, so I'm unaware of what happened there. Could you please tell those of us who are not AVOW members what you are alluding to?

As stated, I'm not on AVOW and don't know what happened there, but I share Lyanne's concerns that if taken to extremes, Julie's message can lead people away from the mainstream church and it can distract them from what is important in how they ought to be using their time. I also think that it instills fear in some people, which Satan can exploit to his purposes.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

AI2.0 wrote:
itsallgood wrote:Many that have known her are now jealous of her because Chad Daybell is only publishing her books lately. Drama, drama, drama! I am pretty sure I know who lyanne is but I will stay out of it.
She didn't sound jealous to me, her explanations of concern sounded like many others of us have shared and I don't believe we share concerns because of jealousy.

How do you know that Chad Daybell is only publishing Julie's books now? I had not heard that. Didn't he publish Hector Sosa's book? It would seem like a bad idea for a publisher to only have one author, sounds like a tenuous business decision, IMO.
Julie Rowe's next book will be published in February. The most recent book published by Spring Creek Books is Days of Fury by Chad Daybell. The next most recent book is A Change is Coming by Hector Sosa, published last June. Alive Again by Scott Mitchell was published last April.

Spring Creek is not a high volume publishing company, but the fact that Daybell has published himself and two others since Rowe's last book suggests to me that itsallgood's claim is false.

itsallgood
captain of 50

Post by itsallgood »

brianj wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
itsallgood wrote:Many that have known her are now jealous of her because Chad Daybell is only publishing her books lately. Drama, drama, drama! I am pretty sure I know who lyanne is but I will stay out of it.

Julie Rowe's next book will be published in February. The most recent book published by Spring Creek Books is Days of Fury by Chad Daybell. The next most recent book is A Change is Coming by Hector Sosa, published last June. Alive Again by Scott Mitchell was published last April.

Spring Creek is not a high volume publishing company, but the fact that Daybell has published himself and two others since Rowe's last book suggests to me that itsallgood's claim is false.
I didn't mean that daybell isn't publishing any other books but that if lyanne is who I think she is, she was told by Daybell that he wouldn't publisher books anymore but then he published Julie's NDE which made her jealous. But lyanne claims she is not who i think she is so it doesn't matter. And yes I know this first hand.

Freedommom
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Freedommom »

I didn't think Lyanne sounded jealous, but had some valid points.
If Julie helps some people wake up and get prepared with needful items, well that's good. But my concern is also focusing on spiritual preparedness without the fear and an US versus THEM approach. Did not The Savior say "If ye are not one ye are not of me"?

"it all good" of the many authors on Chads site, that he publishes, who are you referring to and how did you come by this information?

itsallgood
captain of 50

Post by itsallgood »

Freedommom wrote:I didn't think Lyanne sounded jealous, but had some valid points.
If Julie helps some people wake up and get prepared with needful items, well that's good. But my concern is also focusing on spiritual preparedness without the fear and an US versus THEM approach. Did not The Savior say "If ye are not one ye are not of me"?

"it all good" of the many authors on Chads site, that he publishes, who are you referring to and how did you come by this information?
This author is a friend and has admitted to me being jealous about that situation. Chad has talked with me about this author as well and expressed concern. I'd rather not disclose who it is, I may not agree with this author on some things but they are still a friend of mine.