Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Opinion: When will last days events start to snowball?

1-3 Years
59%
3-5 Years
11%
5-10 Years
11%
10-15 Years
4%
15-20 Years
3%
20-30 Years
2%
30-40 Years
No votes
40-50 Years
No votes
50+ Years
12%

Total votes: 104
samizdat
captain of 1,000

Re: Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Post by samizdat »

A Random Phrase wrote:Question at the top of the poll: Opinion: When will last days events start to snowball?

My answer: The snowball has already begun to roll and has been rolling for several years. It is gaining momentum and size now, though.

I concur. Every event in the past 800 years (quiz: What happened today 800 years ago?) has been coming to this moment.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

magna carta

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

samizdat wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:Question at the top of the poll: Opinion: When will last days events start to snowball?

My answer: The snowball has already begun to roll and has been rolling for several years. It is gaining momentum and size now, though.

I concur. Every event in the past 800 years (quiz: What happened today 800 years ago?) has been coming to this moment.
Quite. It was seen by and written about by John in The Revelation during the description of events that were to transpire during the 6th Seal.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Jezebel you win.

Durangout quite good there too with the sixth seal events...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

samizdat wrote:Jezebel you win.

Its a good thing I read it on another part of the forum right before I came to this thread then. Glad the other person was right. Now, what is the magna carta about anyway? I have a vague idea--something about limiting the kings' power?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Jezebel wrote:

Its a good thing I read it on another part of the forum right before I came to this thread then. Glad the other person was right. Now, what is the magna carta about anyway? I have a vague idea--something about limiting the kings' power?
Yep. It would eventually lead to the idea of constitutional monarchy in England versus the absolute monarchies of France "Le Etat c'est moi", Spain "o eres catolico o eres muerto", Russia, among other countries. Parliament would be formed as a result of this. The English Bill of Rights, written in 1689, came from this. Our very Constitution, came from this.

I see this as a more important document than even the Constitution because had it not been for this there would have been no Constitution.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

That's a pretty lofty notion, eh? To think you can set limits on a king. Boy our ancestors were gutsy. May we all follow their lead.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Without going through all posts here, I say we have longer than we think. Two main reasons are:
1 the gospel has to out to every creature...Mark 16:15
2 two prophets have to shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, 3 1/2 years and then be slain in the streets of Jerusalem...Revelation 11:3

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

freedomforall wrote:Without going through all posts here, I say we have longer than we think. Two main reasons are:
2 two prophets have to shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, 3 1/2 years and then be slain in the streets of Jerusalem...Revelation 11:3
See my post - link below. Both these happen after the start of the tribulations.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39021&start=30#p616933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

Which makes sense too it is going to take God humbling these nations in order for the gospel to be preached to every creatures.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

freedomforall wrote:Without going through all posts here, I say we have longer than we think. Two main reasons are:
But we have no guarantee that we will know anything about those prophets. I think it will not be something that will be broadcast around the world, because there will be no satellite television and such.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

A Random Phrase wrote:
But we have no guarantee that we will know anything about those prophets. I think it will not be something that will be broadcast around the world, because there will be no satellite television and such.
That is the impression I have too, ARP. The Davidic King, too. Some things, like blood moons on feast days and eclipses, are meant mainly for the Jews. Never fear, we have our signs and wonders here! More than a fair share, in fact! I do believe we will be back to rumors of war without reliable news very soon. Some say we are already there.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

You might say it was one of the things that really "shook" things up ;) (Hint: Rev 6:12, 15)
Last edited by durangout on June 19th, 2015, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

Desert Roses wrote:I didn't vote--events started to "snowball" about 1830. It is moving faster and faster, but things are already well into the "final process". I suspect, that as Christ said, most folks won't even realize there's anything going on (They will be marrying and giving in marriage, drinking, eating, and making merry.) Yep, we're already on the snowball, folks.
Totally agree, my feelings are it really escalates in the very short term, and many will continue to keep their heads in the sand !

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Other options are needed.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

More discussion on point 1: viewtopic.php?t=18669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It really has never been stated if every nation of the world has to have the church operating in it before the second coming or millennium. It is though, a task throughout the millennium. Missionary work continues through the millennium both in the Spirit World, on Earth and other worlds Jesus is the Savior for.

There are very few, if any, nations on Earth that don't have active members of the church living in them. Anyone have a list of countries that don't have members of the church or operation units of some kind?
And now I say unto you that the time shall come that the salvation of the Lord shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. (Mosiah 15:28)
It says to every nation not in every nation.
And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. (Mosiah 3:20)
Between the Internet, Salt Lake City Olympics, Mitt Romney's presidential run, South Park and Book of Mormon musical, in recent years knowledge of the Savior, the church and the gospel have pretty much spread throughout every nation of the world. This in addition to the missionary work.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Sunain wrote:
More discussion on point 1: viewtopic.php?t=18669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It really has never been stated if every nation of the world has to have the church operating in it before the second coming or millennium. It is though, a task throughout the millennium. Missionary work continues through the millennium both in the Spirit World, on Earth and other worlds Jesus is the Savior for.

There are very few, if any, nations on Earth that don't have active members of the church living in them. Anyone have a list of countries that don't have members of the church or operation units of some kind?
And now I say unto you that the time shall come that the salvation of the Lord shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. (Mosiah 15:28)
It says to every nation not in every nation.
And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. (Mosiah 3:20)
Between the Internet, Salt Lake City Olympics, Mitt Romney's presidential run, South Park and Book of Mormon musical, in recent years knowledge of the Savior, the church and the gospel have pretty much spread throughout every nation of the world. This in addition to the missionary work.
Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

D&C 68:8
8 Go ye into all the world, preach the gospel to every creature, acting in the authority which I have given you, baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

D&C 124:128
128 Which Twelve hold the keys to open up the authority of my kingdom upon the four corners of the earth, and after that to send my word to every creature (person).

So it sounds like every creature has to have the opportunity to either reject or accept the gospel. Merely hearing about it over the air waves will not suffice.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

That's true, Freedom, but that doesn't have to happen prior to the second coming. It has to happen before Christ can say "The work is done". That will be after the Millennium.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

shadow wrote:That's true, Freedom, but that doesn't have to happen prior to the second coming. It has to happen before Christ can say "The work is done". That will be after the Millennium.
Good point, hadn't given much thought of it that way.
I'm still waiting for the two witnesses in the streets of Jerusalem though. Who knows maybe I'll be pushing up daisies by then. Not sayin' I will but, hey, I aint no spring chicken any longer. I have my own idea about what life's seasons are. 1-20 = spring, 21-40 = summer, 41-60 = fall, and 61-80+ = winter. I figure I'm eight years into winter. Feels like it too. But that's another thread...how to get really old and not know it. Or is it...how to grow daisies gracefully, from down under? :-ss

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

This is my last summer of my summer, dang it.

As buffalogirl likes to quote, live today as though He's already come.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Merely hearing about it over the air waves isn't what we're talking about with Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, The Book of Mormon musical, and the lds.org newsletter, conference going out to more places than ever before. At least one person wrote of her experience going to see The Book of Mormon broadway show and subsequently seeking out the missionaries to learn more. Now she is a member. I've seen several comments online from people claiming Mitt Romney was their first real exposure to the church and now they are members. What these things are is a spark. A trumpet goes out to the world, and those who are seeking WILL find!

I believe the gospel has gone out to every creature. It is truly found everywhere, through immigration and missionary efforts. Every year new babies are born, but we don't worry about every one of them having the missionary discussions before Christ comes again. I think we can get caught up in our own definitions, which is why these forums are useful, offering another dozen perspectives. A nation is a family. Abraham is the father of many nations. Adam is father of all nations. Boundaries and language make a country, and our modern definition of nation, but I don't believe that is what is meant by the gospel must go forth to all nations. Every family must have representatives worthy to do temple work, or the earth would be utterly wasted at His coming. Every family. Not specific provinces or geographical and political institutions. That's my take.

As far as a half hour of silence, I don't think that represents 21 years. I think it represents a time of mourning for the angels. When the angels are silent, it's because they are mourning the great wickedness of the people on earth. Search "silence" in the scriptures to find these references. I believe the scriptures mean that earth will reach a level of wickedness so great that heaven will be silent with sorrow, and then Christ will come with healing in His wings.

It's hard to imagine worse wickedness, I know, but I think those truly abominable acts will become so widespread, that all heaven will mourn.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

oxbloodangel wrote:Merely hearing about it over the air waves isn't what we're talking about with Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, The Book of Mormon musical, and the lds.org newsletter, conference going out to more places than ever before. At least one person wrote of her experience going to see The Book of Mormon broadway show and subsequently seeking out the missionaries to learn more. Now she is a member. I've seen several comments online from people claiming Mitt Romney was their first real exposure to the church and now they are members. What these things are is a spark. A trumpet goes out to the world, and those who are seeking WILL find!

I believe the gospel has gone out to every creature. It is truly found everywhere, through immigration and missionary efforts. Every year new babies are born, but we don't worry about every one of them having the missionary discussions before Christ comes again. I think we can get caught up in our own definitions, which is why these forums are useful, offering another dozen perspectives. A nation is a family. Abraham is the father of many nations. Adam is father of all nations. Boundaries and language make a country, and our modern definition of nation, but I don't believe that is what is meant by the gospel must go forth to all nations. Every family must have representatives worthy to do temple work, or the earth would be utterly wasted at His coming. Every family. Not specific provinces or geographical and political institutions. That's my take.

As far as a half hour of silence, I don't think that represents 21 years. I think it represents a time of mourning for the angels. When the angels are silent, it's because they are mourning the great wickedness of the people on earth. Search "silence" in the scriptures to find these references. I believe the scriptures mean that earth will reach a level of wickedness so great that heaven will be silent with sorrow, and then Christ will come with healing in His wings.

It's hard to imagine worse wickedness, I know, but I think those truly abominable acts will become so widespread, that all heaven will mourn.
What do you mean by family. Like core or anyone related to me?

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

I mean families in the stewardship sense, so anyone before and after you, for which you are responsible to complete temple ordinances and uplift by service. Lest the earth be utterly wasted at His coming.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

This is reposted from my thread, but here is what I feel The Lord has allowed me to see, if only as a warning for myself. I have no idea if the timeline really will coincide with within one year, as I feel I was shown:

------------------

Two nights ago, I had a strange dream. It was one of the unmistakeable spiritual dreams I get from time to time. Perhaps others might get similar spiritual dreams and know what I mean. They are different in how they feel from normal dreams.

I live in the Utah Holladay area. In my dream, I stood facing my home. The trees were free from leaves, so I assume this was in the fall or winter. My home was destroyed. There had been a tremendous earthquake, and much of my home had collapsed. I tried to look at the damage more closely, but the vision closed and that is all I saw.

In a second dream a month before, I was in my home theater transferring files to a new laptop. I even recognized the model as a silver cased Alienware 15 inch laptop that I have been thinking about getting for a while. My old laptop I have today sat next to it. As I transferred the files from old to new, I felt the earth starting to shake. It was little, at first, and then grew in intensity until I was knocked off my feet by how powerful it was. At that moment, I had the sinking "this is the big one" feeling. That was all I saw of the earlier dream.

I am scheduled to move from this home within a year. Also, as mentioned, I will be getting that laptop soon as well. The implications are worrying.

Perhaps this was just a dream, although it certainly felt more than that, for me. All this last year, I have also received prompting upon prompting to buy preparedness materials of all kinds. I feel that something monumental will happen soon. I feel and sense this spiritually.

Are there any others here who get the same sense of some impending crisis, or dreams like these?

-----

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

oxbloodangel wrote:I mean families in the stewardship sense, so anyone before and after you, for which you are responsible to complete temple ordinances and uplift by service. Lest the earth be utterly wasted at His coming.
Yeah knowing my family, the kind of people I am related to, that's not something they'd want :))
I mean I have no plans on going into the temple even if I do become a member- long boring story there.
But my family is... odd people like me, I wouldn't want to face my grandparents in the afterlife if I did that.
They'd be really mad lol