Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Opinion: When will last days events start to snowball?

1-3 Years
59%
3-5 Years
11%
5-10 Years
11%
10-15 Years
4%
15-20 Years
3%
20-30 Years
2%
30-40 Years
No votes
40-50 Years
No votes
50+ Years
12%

Total votes: 104
christian.a
captain of 100

Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Post by christian.a »

Hello forum,
So I've had a lot of thoughts on my mind lately, so I decided I wanted to see what the consensus was from everyone. I wanted to take a poll to see when people thought crap would start hitting the fan, along with asking whomever is comfortable to post any dreams/visions/revelations they have had on the end times. Maybe this would also help bring clarity to more people, along with help purge some of these crazy ideas people have. I just want to find a little more continuity in some of these visions people are having. Visions from general authorities are also welcome to be discussed in this thread.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Re: Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Post by WarMonger »

3 Months and 3 days. The acceleration to the beginning has already started, the hastening is almost at an end then the calamities begin. Financial debt, $18T USD in debt and like $250T ind derivatives, zero and negative interest rates, printing money - no way it can go on for more than a few months.

Issues like same gender marriage that the worlds population overwhelmingly vote for, is the final nail in the coffin. The Family proclamation to the world will be exactly 20years on 23rd Sept, the day of the last blood moon on the feasts of tabernacle. since first published.

https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

The main visions that have been published indicate the time in now (Julie Rowe, Spencer), the GAS prophecy is 2016. Seven (7) year financial cycle etc where every major stock market crash has occurred. Shemita, and Jubilee year starting in 2016??

Joseph Smith prophecy of beginning of issues to occur in Chicago!!!, there are many more issues coming up this Sept/Oct 2015.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I was torn between two choices, so I went with 3-5. It is possible that some things could start happening this fall, but since next year is an election year, I think the powers that be will hold major things together until after Jeb Bush is elected and put into office, along with Mitt as his VP.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

According to the George Albert Smith prophecy we ate looking at late next year.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

This is very curious so far. I will put my vote it there too. I wanted to gauge what's going on, and already 70% of people say we will start snowballing here in 1-3 years. Warmonger and AlbertaBronco have interesting points, I really think that it's interesting too, that you brought up The Family: A Proclamation to the World. That's very interesting it will be 20 years to the day this September 23, considering all the predictions about September. I would agree with you on economics as well. Our system is bound to collapse soon, but I cannot put a timeline on that. Depending on Washington, it could go another day, another year, but at this rate, not another decade.

Matchmaker, I see where you're coming from. Are you familiar with Iohani Wolfgramm? He was a Tongan patriarch. I'm not here to say whether or not prophecies/visions are correct, but I'm merely presenting evidence. If you are familiar with it, you might be waiting for a "Bush" to fulfill their part of the prophecy.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

I didn't vote--events started to "snowball" about 1830. It is moving faster and faster, but things are already well into the "final process". I suspect, that as Christ said, most folks won't even realize there's anything going on (They will be marrying and giving in marriage, drinking, eating, and making merry.) Yep, we're already on the snowball, folks.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Ok, so if we all agree that TSHIF in 1-5 years. Where are the mainstream members of the Church. Are they all living in a bubble (my ward certainly is with its boats, vacation houses, luxury vehicles, etc.)? I finally got my youngest son married and used a lot of food storage for the reception...salad bar. Went well, but now, I've got to restock. What are the rest of you doing? Do you all have the soy based products? (We can't since most of the family has severe reactions to soy, so we have to do it the old way....canning, dehydrating, etc.

I am also concerned about the spiritual preparedness of the Saints to handle extended disruptions of our lifestyles. Temple attendance is down, attendance at Sac. Meeting is down (and not just from summer vacations).

The Presiding Bishopric has pulled in its spending of monies on new building and temples. Traditionally when the commercial side makes too much money and is going to be taxed, they "donate" to the physical facilities side and this is many, many millions of dollars. But now, no new buildings are building designed. Two have been designated for 2016 (one outside Phoenix and one in the NW Houston area) and that is it for the continental US (Wasatch Front might get one or two additional buildings but SLC is loosing members and they are migrating to Phoenix Metro or Las Vegas according to membership records). Usually the budget for new buildings alone is many hundreds of millions. Temples in a holding pattern of finishing what has been started and holding on the rest. So where is the rest going, and before some says anything...the monies are NOT going to commercial ventures (like City Creek). These are monies designated for meetinghouses and temples and they are going somewhere or the Church is going to pay taxes on the millions if they are not used for construction of religious facilities. So what gives???????????????

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Zowieink wrote:Ok, so if we all agree that TSHIF in 1-5 years. Where are the mainstream members of the Church. Are they all living in a bubble (my ward certainly is with its boats, vacation houses, luxury vehicles, etc.)? I finally got my youngest son married and used a lot of food storage for the reception...salad bar. Went well, but now, I've got to restock. What are the rest of you doing? Do you all have the soy based products? (We can't since most of the family has severe reactions to soy, so we have to do it the old way....canning, dehydrating, etc.

I am also concerned about the spiritual preparedness of the Saints to handle extended disruptions of our lifestyles. Temple attendance is down, attendance at Sac. Meeting is down (and not just from summer vacations).

The Presiding Bishopric has pulled in its spending of monies on new building and temples. Traditionally when the commercial side makes too much money and is going to be taxed, they "donate" to the physical facilities side and this is many, many millions of dollars. But now, no new buildings are building designed. Two have been designated for 2016 (one outside Phoenix and one in the NW Houston area) and that is it for the continental US (Wasatch Front might get one or two additional buildings but SLC is loosing members and they are migrating to Phoenix Metro or Las Vegas according to membership records). Usually the budget for new buildings alone is many hundreds of millions. Temples in a holding pattern of finishing what has been started and holding on the rest. So where is the rest going, and before some says anything...the monies are NOT going to commercial ventures (like City Creek). These are monies designated for meetinghouses and temples and they are going somewhere or the Church is going to pay taxes on the millions if they are not used for construction of religious facilities. So what gives???????????????
Do you know whether land purchases, such as the property in Florida, are tax exempt?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

I would imagine there's more going on with the mainstream members than meets the eye. Not all, of course, but preps happen quietly. From what I've observed, the hastening of the work is happening to individuals and families, where they're becoming more focused on living the gospel. But I'm also seeing others falling away and leaving. It's more of a sifting process right now, I guess.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Hmm..yeah it seems that production is slowing down a little bit...anyone else feel that way?

Does anyone have any kid of thoughts at all about Jade Helm 15?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

I just emailed a relative about Jade Helm who recently retired as an officer from the Army. He retired as a Lt. Colonel, and did all the fun stuff: Special Forces, Spec Ops, etc. He shares the sentiment of myself, and many others here that there is something seriously wrong in this country. When I asked him his opinion on this operation, he said we're screwed and we all need to find a cave to hide in, bring your food storage and ammo caches, and don't talk to anybody in the govt, or we'll all be rounded up and put into concentration camps.

Just kidding. He said this kind of thing has been going on for a long time. He was personally involved in planning some of them, and they've historically designated conservative states as the "hostile" ones because they're the ones where the complex ops go down, and those kinds of states are usually the ones where the civilians are more supportive. This has been their standard for years; it's nothing new. I admit, he may be wrong, and this one really is a military coup wrapped in a lie wrapped in Standard Operating Procedure, but the military has always held the potential of being turned against its own citizens, and they've already had plenty of experience in suppressing insurgencies.

Nobody wants to hear "there's nothing to worry about," so I don't expect this to change anyone's mind, but there you go. From an authoritative, anonymous source on the Internets. I guess Jade Helm just speaks volumes about the mindset of the American citizen toward an increasingly abusive, lawless government. There are much worse things going on in the country than this, though.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Zowieink wrote:Ok, so if we all agree that TSHIF in 1-5 years. Where are the mainstream members of the Church. Are they all living in a bubble?
If you were to have asked the same question on this site 5 years ago the result would be the same- TSHTF in 1-5 years. If you would've asked the same question on this site when I joined in 2006 the results would've been the same. And here we are today. Just because we may all agree, doesn't make it so.

As far as church building construction goes, I think the money comes from tithing, not commercial profits. It seems to me, and I'm just shooting from the hip, that commercial profits, after they're tithed, are reinvested in other commercial ventures. That to me makes sense. This way the church grows in means and production.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

While I agree that things are bad and getting worse, Desert Roses pointed out the whole 'marrying and giving in marriage, drinking, eating etc,' that suggests that life still goes on and the Lord's return will be as a thief in the night, for many who were not preparing.

I also agree with Shadow that people's perception that it's always right around the corner, does not change.

I think we're in for hard times, but these things are cyclical. Events can change the direction we are headed, and then it is pretty hard to predict.

Bpalmer
captain of 10

Post by Bpalmer »

Where is the pole? Is it closed?

Bpalmer
captain of 10

Post by Bpalmer »

Never mind, I had to login

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Absolutely true Shadow, however, here's the fact on the money: The Presiding Bishopric controls both the Commercial (For Profit) and the Religious (Tithes and Offerings). The For Profit side is making money hand over fist. Since the whole operation is done without debt accumulation, when the Religious side needs money, a "check" is written from the For Profit to the Religious side. That reduces the tax obligation of the For Profit side and that amount usually equals the tax obligation.

Now, a lot a money has flowed in from the For Profit side going,.....somewhere. Its not in buildings, maintenance, etc. as those have virtually shut down this year and next. Humanitarian, maybe...but we haven't had any huge problems except Nepal. So, where is this vast amount going....acquisition of more land? Infrastructure at Jackson Co., Missouri or Adam-Omdi?...maybe. Future events yet to be revealed for fear of panic amongst that Saints? But its going somewhere. I also don't think the over the top costs for temples is it either. Those have been contained, reduced or slowed to a standstill, especially after the debacle in Rome and Gilbert, AZ.

Maybe they are buying everyone tablets to use so we can be tracked????? with reports on our web surfing, scripture reading, attendance at Church(based on GPS), , etc. Just kidding! :)) :))

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

I think we worry too much about how the Lord spends his resources. It is none of business really. We have no authority to question the Lord. Speculation about where the money is going doesn't help either. The business ventures are honest and the monies received are used to build the kingdom. That is enough to satisfy me.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

There's no option for "I have no idea."

I'm watching to see what happens this September. But if nothing big happens, I won't be suprised. Like Shadow said, we've all been waiting for the other shoe to drop for years. I could have sworn 2010 was the year.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Things are different this time - previous predictions were simply calendar based and based on incorrect calendar. Made a short list off the top of my head in the like below. Will add too it bit later.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39021&p=615964#p615964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Wow. I just want to take a step back and say overwhelmingly people feel like things are going to happen very soon now. Batten down the hatches everyone...

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

christian.argyle wrote:Wow. I just want to take a step back and say overwhelmingly people feel like things are going to happen very soon now. Batten down the hatches everyone...
I don't think anything is going to happen, personally.
My whole life I've been told the world is going to end, I just don't believe it (though to be fair I never really did).

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Does anyone have any dreams and/or visions they would like to discuss? :D

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I've heard of others with visions and dreams. In my only dream that pertains to this subject, I was waiting for a bull run and bunnies and children came instead. I didn't think it sounded like a very exciting dream when people are expecting earthquakes, plagues, and war.

NervousMom
captain of 10

Post by NervousMom »

6 months back I had a dream about some sort of local disaster, I was holding my 3 children and trying to run to safety. A woman from my congregation ran past me and said "go to my house you will be safe!" It was an alarming dream. I didn't know where this woman and her family lived. So I looked up her address and did a drive by. I recently talked to her and told her my dream, she laughed, and said I was welcome to come and bring what we have. It turns out she and her husband are major preppers. I didn't feel like my dream was pointing towards something happening imminently but rather for me to make some friendship/connections and to pay better attention to preparedness for my family.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Hmmm..I think personal revelation is wonderful. It provides us with our own path to go on. Hope you can get prepared pretty quickly. Events are certainly hastening and I'm not looking to put any kind of timeline, I just feel like I want to know generally how much time is left. What I can't get out of my mind (especially since I am a Utah resident) is some of the parts of this prophecy.

President Heber C. Kimball on Signs of the Times, quoted by J. Golden Kimball in General Conference:

"After a while the gentiles will gather in Salt Lake City by the thousands, and this will be among the wicked cities of the world. A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints, and the results will be financial bondage. An army of elders will be sent to the four quarters of the earth, to search out the righteous and, warn the wicked of coming events. All kinds of religions will be started, and miracles performed that will deceive the very elect, if such a thing were possible. Persecution comes next, and all Latter-day Saints will be tested to the limit. Many will apostatize, and others will stand still, not knowing what to do. ... The judgements of God will be poured out upon the wicked, to the extent that our elders from far and near will be called home; or in other words, the Gospel will be taken from the gentiles, and later on will be carried to the Jews. The western boundaries of the State of Missouri will be swept so clean of its inhabitant that as President Young tells us, 'When we return to that place there will not be as much as a yellow dog to wag his tail.' Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to the test that will try the very best of them. The pressure will become so great that the righteous among us will cry unto the Lord day and night until deliverance comes. Yes, we think we are secure here in the chambers of these everlasting hills, where we can close the doors of the canyons against mobs and persecutors, the wicked and the vile, who have always beset us with violence and robbery, but I want to say to you, my brethren, that the time is coming when we will be mixed up in these now peaceful valleys to that extent that it will be difficult to tell the face of a Saint from the face of an enemy against the people of God. Then is the time to look out for the great sieve, for there will be a great shifting time, and many will fall. For I say unto you there is a test, a test, a test coming. This Church has before it many close places through which it will have to pass before the work of God is crowned with glory. The difficulties will be of such a character that the man or woman who does not possess a personal knowledge or witness will fall. If you have not got this testimony, you must live right and call upon the Lord, and cease not until you obtain it. Remember these sayings: The time will come when no man or woman will be able to endure on borrowed light. Each will have to be guided by the light within themselves. If you do not have the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, how can you stand?"