Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Opinion: When will last days events start to snowball?

1-3 Years
59%
3-5 Years
11%
5-10 Years
11%
10-15 Years
4%
15-20 Years
3%
20-30 Years
2%
30-40 Years
No votes
40-50 Years
No votes
50+ Years
12%

Total votes: 104
bradfordjames8
captain of 10

Re: Visions and Dreams w/Poll

Post by bradfordjames8 »

This is a narrow question. What makes you think that the end times events are not snowballing already? The scriptures do not give us a road map of all the minute factors that will be part of these events. Instead the scriptures give us a high level overview.

So. I would argue that the events are already in full swing, and have been since the dawn of the restoration.

We don't know everything that's going to go on. The Lord has given us a high-level overview in order to assure that we can gauge our personal righteousness as that time comes. He did not give us a calendar. And the proliferation of Non-stop last days countdowns over the last century that have proven to be wrong is evidence of this.

And this foolish obsession with the non-prophetic dreams of anyone who has a computer and access to a Blog is dangerous. There is in the church a very real subculture and idolatry of false visions.

I have long been fascinated by people's obsessive fawning over end time events. I have in my possession the papers of my great-grandfather. He had pages and pages of notes and copies of other people's dreams and visions of the last days. Nearly every single one of them was a variant of the same stuff we see now. the rhetoric was the same. They predicted the end in 1954, 1975, 1985 1989, 1990...They obsessively talked about last days events and who the davidic servant was. And all of these people are dead now. None of their predictions came true.

The same is true for what we read now. Books like visions of glory and quacks like Julie Rowe and others are all false. These apocryphal apocalyptic writings are just that. They are a curiosity But ultimately they are not what the Lord wants us to have. What the Lord wants is to have is in the scriptures already. And if you are looking outside of the scriptures for some kind of confirmation or theory on last days events and you are a sign Seeker and should reconsider your course.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

It's hard to know if this or other sources are inspired.

It's in the scriptures that before the end, ALL the tribes of the Earth shall mourn, the entire world will be in commotion, etc and so on.

When people say the Church will apostatize they should be careful to say many members will apostatize and not the leaders. The Lord will keep the Leadership intact and has promised to do so, and to help those that stay in Zion. But there are separatists and dissenters. This is the pattern in the Book of Mormon ALL through out the Book of Mormon and I would point you out to it. Amlici for example tried to be King, then when he couldn't his people did an uprising and also joined with the Lamanites. (How did the Lamanites know to arrive at just that time, except if they'd been in communication from the beginning?) There are many instances where when you read a war chapter you can read about dissenters separating from the Nephites only a few years earlier going over there to stir them up. (The Lamanites were victims of a type of anti-mormon lie structure and were being used because of their hate.) You read in other places to of dissenters and separatists, always claiming that they are the real leaders, and you see a common Laman and Lemuel attitude and teaching that the right to the Church really belongs to them because Nephi has fallen. Joseph Smith is a fallen prophet, BY is a fallen prophet...sound familiar? These types of arguments have always been trying to pull people away from the church leaders and main body of Zion. What you can see is a common group of dissenters from the very beginning in both the Book of Mormon and with Joseph Smith's era always claiming the leaders are falling away, we should be the leaders instead...join us and leave Zion. But you can see this a very constant never ending cry to pull people out. It happened in the days of Joseph Smith as early as Kirtland and has continued from false prophets (and false people like unto a false Messiah) even unto this very day.

They also forget Jesus calls his apostles, they don't call him instead. Thus, the leaders will stay true but it's up to the rank and file members to stay true.

Will they stay true?

I worry about this because there's been a surge of vast numbers of Korihors and Sherem types trying to mix in among the church. Some of them even claim they are members on chat boards like this one but actually aren't, and are pastors of other faiths luring people out by trying to pick sore spots or false teaching, and materialism based faith. 'You would be blessed and rich if you had more faith' kind of arguments are common right now.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think there are 2 or 3 Korihors and Sherem types on this forum now.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

lundbaek wrote: December 30th, 2017, 9:12 pm I think there are 2 or 3 Korihors and Sherem types on this forum now.
At least.