Location of the 10 tribes: Fun poll

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Where are the ten tribes?

They are on another planet. They will be reuinited by the joining of Earth and this planet. The pole will melt at the joining.
18%
They are in the Hollow Earth. They will come forth and the ice will melt at their presence.
20%
They are scattered abroad through the world. They will rejoin us through the missionary efforts of the church.
39%
Other, please specify.
8%
I don't care. Give me a cookie.
8%
I don't know. I need to learn more.
6%

Total votes: 49
Phoenixstar117
captain of 100

Location of the 10 tribes: Fun poll

Post by Phoenixstar117 »

So I thought I would just get the general opinions of members on the forum where they think the ten tribes are. This is just for fun. :ymparty:

Please explain your answer and you may even provide links to other threads, blogs, or sciptures which support your view.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Re: Location of the 10 tribes: Fun poll

Post by samizdat »

They went to the northern countries before spreading out throughout Eurasia.

My personal guess is Scandinavia and the Vikings. And the Vikings reached multiple parts of Europe and even parts of Asia, and the Russians of Novgorod also spread out well into Asia.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

They are spread throughout the globe.

A heavy concentration from north of Israel have recently come to live on the American continent blessed by God, where there would be room sufficient for all, of Judah and Ephraim together, with invited guests and decendants of Manasseh, to establish a New Jerusalem and Zion, even as Enoch of ancient times before the flood established a people with no poor among them, and as Melchizedek did in Salem many years ago, and as had been established by decendants of Manasseh where they were equal in their temporal things and this not grudgingly, as written in 4th Nephi chapter one in the first 24 verses until the 201st year had passed away.

Judah and Ephraim together holding the offices of the present government, to awaken to these things, and see the perversion of equity in the vineyard of the Lord of Hosts and seek together to establish the "Ordinances of Justice" and the foundation of Zion, of inheritances for all in these lands of promise, with liberty and justice for all.

Ephraim should awaken to these things and this honor and blessing given to lay this foundation through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints with the instructions given by Jesus Christ himself to give stewardships of inheritances of covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints of the church, sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated Tithes and Offerings without any grudgingly behavior, first and foremost before any residue is used for purchasing lands and to build buildings for worshipping God.

This Judah will see the light and ensign, mirrored in their instructions for Tzedakah or the pure righteousness of charity as has been taught to them, of setting up individuals and families, where they become self sustaining and self sufficient or even more. ♡ :)

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

The reason some people think they are on some other planet is because they are neglecting to take cosmological symbolic language and decipher it to its real meaning. They just treat the symbol as the reality instead of getting clued in that a symbol means some other meaning is the real meaning.

For more information along the lines of interpreting the cosmological symbols in the manner they are intended, please see these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

A couple in our ward came back from there mission in Russia. They said the new members getting their P. Blessings stated they are from the missing tribes. !st hand witnesses.

Phoenixstar117
captain of 100

Post by Phoenixstar117 »

jwharton wrote:The reason some people think they are on some other planet is because they are neglecting to take cosmological symbolic language and decipher it to its real meaning. They just treat the symbol as the reality instead of getting clued in that a symbol means some other meaning is the real meaning.

For more information along the lines of interpreting the cosmological symbols in the manner they are intended, please see these threads:
Thanks for the info. It's an interesting read jwharton

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

I voted other

Not a belief just a thought, possibly they are as a group in another dimension

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Phoenixstar117 wrote:
jwharton wrote:The reason some people think they are on some other planet is because they are neglecting to take cosmological symbolic language and decipher it to its real meaning. They just treat the symbol as the reality instead of getting clued in that a symbol means some other meaning is the real meaning.

Thanks for the info. It's an interesting read jwharton
Glad you found them interesting!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

The Lord said they would come from the North Country, and yet they are hidden from the rest of the world. Maybe they are up in a remote part of Greenland, Siberia, or in the Arctic region in caves, or just slightly underground.

If a part of the earth in the north turned out to be hollow, and the ten tribes were members of the tall civilization that Admiral Byrd supposedly encountered in the earth many years ago when flying over the North Pole, I wouldn't be surprised either.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I voted "I don't care" but skip the cookie. It's not that I don't care, I'm just in no position to do anything about it that I can think of. But that mention of a " tall civilization that Admiral Byrd supposedly encountered in the earth many years ago when flying over the North Pole" does arouse my interest/curiosity.

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

I think confusion is Lost Tribes vs City of Encoch, Lost tribes, somewhere on the planet (my opinion), City of Enoch- off planet will come back.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I'm going to say that they are on (or in) planet earth.

Recently blogged about when the ten tribes will return here:
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/return-o ... en-tribes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deb1961
captain of 10

Post by Deb1961 »

Why can't there be more than one answer? I think some are scattered throughout the nations but but some broke off from the earth similar to the City of Enoch. In 3rd Nephi, Christ said he was going to visit the lost tribes. John is now preparing them to return.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

I almost voted for, "I don't care. Give me a cookie." :D

I like the hollow earth theory. The north. Ice has to melt to let them out. No one knows where they are. They have their own prophets (if Pres Monson is prophet over the whole earth, how can they have their own, separate prophets?).

Deb1961, I've never thought of that. It could be that, over time, some groups were led away from the main group.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Okay, this time I really did vote for "I don't care. Give me a cookie."