Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Post by AlbertaBronco »

shadow wrote:
AlbertaBronco wrote: I don't know about you but I do believe that the Lord will come sooner rather than later ... except those days be shortened, none of them shall be saved.
Maybe, but the scriptures also claim that in the last days people will say that the Lord must be delaying his return. So maybe He'll come later than sooner.
Considering that Joseph fielding Smith in 1973 said that our days were more wicked than in the days of Noah, could that not already be said. I think we have all thought that the Lord is delaying his coming ... we just don't know the purpose.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

shadow wrote:Maybe, but the scriptures also claim that in the last days people will say that the Lord must be delaying his return. So maybe He'll come later than sooner.
I, for one, have fulfilled that prophecy. :-) Hope that's not a bad thing... But I'm just ready to get this over with.
Last edited by h_p on March 23rd, 2015, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I think it would need to be more general feeling than just a few people here and there, and some at avow.
Certainly we hear of wars and rumors of wars but the whole earth isn't in commotion. Men's hearts may be failing here and there, but not to a noteworthy degree IMO. And again, I very, very rarely hear anyone claim that Christ has delayed his coming. Things aren't that bad yet. We still have a long way to go.
D&C 45: 26
26 And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them, and they shall say that Christ delayeth his coming until the end of the earth.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Considering California has less than a year of water left - when the economy/technology fails will have to bug out or die of thirst. There are over 50 million refugees in the world today as you read this. Soon the majority of American will be joining them and become displaced citizens. http://www.shtfplan.com/commodities/nas ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uncomfortable prophecies have never been accepted by majority of the people, there are countless examples in the scriptures - it is always the mentality all is well in Zion, and too big to fail. This great city Jerusalem can never be destroyed - how foolish.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Did Julie Rowe dream about a drought in California? A mass exodus from that state?

All is well in zion? I had a conversation last night with a guy who wants a wood burning stove in his house for when the crud hits the fan. He was also kicking himself for not buying a self sufficient home on a few acres not too long ago. I was surprised to hear that from him. I hear stuff like that more often. I think many saints are understanding the hell that we'll be heading into. But nobody has said that things are so bad and have been for so long that surely Christ must be delaying His return.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

I have said that ... we live in a world where there is an open flagrant attract on men, the family. Evil is called good and good is called evil or bigoted. Wars are non stop. The government is stealing our freedoms our money is worthless ... I make 70k per year and I can't afford to buy a home. The only thing we are missing is a blatant military coup and we will know that we have nothing.

Yeah I would say that the world is ripe for the Lord to return.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

shadow wrote:Did Julie Rowe dream about a drought in California? A mass exodus from that state?
But nobody has said that things are so bad and have been for so long that surely Christ must be delaying His return.
The mass exodus from California drought will only occur after all economy has failed. Will be a minor event in comparison - it is an example why people will have to bug-out en mass.

The scriptural quote "Christ must be delaying His return" relates to what is going to happen after the calamities start in earnest - the death and destruction will be so bad almost all flesh will be dead - they we will say He delay's his return. From the Mater himself:: after he nukes have been released.
Matt 24: 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

mattman
captain of 50

Post by mattman »

shadow wrote:Did Julie Rowe dream about a drought in California? A mass exodus from that state?

All is well in zion? I had a conversation last night with a guy who wants a wood burning stove in his house for when the crud hits the fan. He was also kicking himself for not buying a self sufficient home on a few acres not too long ago. I was surprised to hear that from him. I hear stuff like that more often. I think many saints are understanding the hell that we'll be heading into. But nobody has said that things are so bad and have been for so long that surely Christ must be delaying His return.
Utah is doing its best to get rid of wood burning stoves, (but only during the winter months).

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

WarMonger wrote:
But nobody has said that things are so bad and have been for so long that surely Christ must be delaying His return.
The mass exodus from California drought will only occur after all economy has failed. Will be a minor event in comparison - it is an example why people will have to bug-out en mass.

The scriptural quote "Christ must be delaying His return" relates to what is going to happen after the calamities start in earnest - the death and destruction will be so bad almost all flesh will be dead - they we will say He delay's his return. From the Mater himself:: after he nukes have been released.
Matt 24: 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
That is an interpretation that makes much more sense.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

mattman wrote:

Utah is doing its best to get rid of wood burning stoves, (but only during the winter months).
its only a matter of time before these silly laws won't exist. I have two wood burning stoves. One in my garage which isn't hooked up, and one in my basement. Most houses in utah that were built prior to the 80's have chimneys. Most newer houses do not. That means that once the end times are in full throttle most houses built after the 70's will be vacant during the winter months and destroyed for firewood. What, people think questar gas will still be around? No sewers, no garbage pick-up, no city water, no electricity and no gas. Not having cable and phones will kill off most people :-s

mattman
captain of 50

Post by mattman »

shadow wrote:
mattman wrote:

its only a matter of time before these silly laws won't exist. I have two wood burning stoves. One in my garage which isn't hooked up, and one in my basement. Most houses in utah that were built prior to the 80's have chimneys. Most newer houses do not. That means that once the end times are in full throttle most houses built after the 70's will be vacant during the winter months and destroyed for firewood. What, people think questar gas will still be around? No sewers, no garbage pick-up, no city water, no electricity and no gas. Not having cable and phones will kill off most people :-s
I can't wait until those laws are gone!

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I am starting to think maybe(just maybe) Rowe is a member of the bene gesserit sent among us with her missionaria protectiva-only it is the guv that runs it all.
Tent cities? Or FEMA camps?

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

capctr wrote:I am starting to think maybe(just maybe) Rowe is a member of the bene gesserit sent among us with her missionaria protectiva-only it is the guv that runs it all.
Tent cities? Or FEMA camps?
What are you talking about?

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Just doing a poor job of attempting to turn Dune into a...allegory?
In Dune, TPTB utilize religous leanings to create prophecy to foment cooperation from the locals-basically telling them what they want to hear.
People like what Rowe says about gathering into tent cities. I was speculating (tongue in cheek) on just w...you know what? My brain fell asleep an hour ago-I will finish this thought tomorrow (-|

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

WarMonger wrote:Considering California has less than a year of water left - when the economy/technology fails will have to bug out or die of thirst. There are over 50 million refugees in the world today as you read this. Soon the majority of American will be joining them and become displaced citizens. http://www.shtfplan.com/commodities/nas ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uncomfortable prophecies have never been accepted by majority of the people, there are countless examples in the scriptures - it is always the mentality all is well in Zion, and too big to fail. This great city Jerusalem can never be destroyed - how foolish.
80% of California's water is used for agriculture. California uses more water to grow almonds than it uses for all the people in SF and LA:

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... ats-charts

Cali will be fine (at least in terms of water), they will just have to use water differently.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

iamse7en wrote:David Cohen anyone?
I knew that one was going to result in egg on his face.

This is yet another reason why I say: Leave cosmology to the cosmologists.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

I find it very interesting how so many distort and try to make Sister Rowe into more than she claims.
I have read the books, I have heard her speak in person.

She makes it very clear:
She is not a Prophet
She has no stewardship for anyone but herself and family
We should follow the living Prophet for guidance (not her)

In my opinion, too many are looking to others (like Sister Rowe) for answers instead of doing what she recommends. Get the spirit, and find your own answers.

Tent cities, who knows. Pray about it for yourself. Everything that has been in the Scriptures is for our good, There is going to be much tribulation before the coming of the Savior! Are we ready for the test?

I have felt for some time that we are closing in on the tempests and "for me and my family" we will follow the Lord.
I'm no Prophet but feel very strongly many of you will be surprised at what is to come. Are we prepared, only you can answer that for you and your family. I look to find glimpses of what might be. I know it will be more than we expect. After all it will be great and dreadful!

There is a book that I find very insightful. It is "The Savior's Prophesy's" written by Richard Draper. I highly recommend the book.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

If she thought it was just for her and her family, she wouldn't be writing books, doing radio interviews or firesides.

Catherine
captain of 100

Post by Catherine »

Actually Robinhood, you are the only one.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

Catherine wrote:Actually Robinhood, you are the only one.
Who is robin hood?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Catherine wrote:Actually Robinhood, you are the only one.
You're right, I'm the only "Robin Hood".

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

AlbertaBronco wrote:
Who is robin hood?
Me

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

lemuel wrote:Cali will be fine (at least in terms of water), they will just have to use water differently.
I think it was Sarah Menet that said there will be droughts and crop failures just prior to the destruction starting with economic collapse and famine.
Lingering winter in the east, drought in the west crop failure in Idaho etc... a very ominous lead up to the expected events in Sept/Oct 2015...

http://www.capitalpress.com/Idaho/20150 ... replanting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BURLEY, Idaho — Barley yellow dwarf virus is so rampant throughout Southern Idaho that growers in some areas are opting to destroy fields of infected winter grain and replant, according to University of Idaho crop experts.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

WarMonger wrote:
lemuel wrote:Cali will be fine (at least in terms of water), they will just have to use water differently.
I think it was Sarah Menet that said there will be droughts and crop failures just prior to the destruction starting with economic collapse and famine.
Lingering winter in the east, drought in the west crop failure in Idaho etc... a very ominous lead up to the expected events in Sept/Oct 2015...
EXCEPT that the 2nd Coming was already supposed to have happened according to her original timeline.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

BTH&T wrote:I find it very interesting how so many distort and try to make Sister Rowe into more than she claims.
I have read the books, I have heard her speak in person.

She makes it very clear:
She is not a Prophet--Yet she prophesies for the whole church and world...
She has no stewardship for anyone but herself and family--yet she tells people what they need to be doing...
We should follow the living Prophet for guidance (not her)--yet she tells us things they never have been said by them and tells us to follow what she says...

In my opinion, too many are looking to others (like Sister Rowe) for answers instead of doing what she recommends. Get the spirit, and find your own answers.

Tent cities, who knows. I know. It's a false notion. Pray about it for yourself. Everything that has been in the Scriptures is for our good, There is going to be much tribulation before the coming of the Savior! Are we ready for the test?

I have felt for some time that we are closing in on the tempests and "for me and my family" we will follow the Lord.
I'm no Prophet but feel very strongly many of you will be surprised at what is to come. Are we prepared, only you can answer that for you and your family. I look to find glimpses of what might be. I know it will be more than we expect. After all it will be great and dreadful!

There is a book that I find very insightful. It is "The Savior's Prophesy's" written by Richard Draper. I highly recommend the book.
I'm guessing this is yet one more of JR's sock puppets?