Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Gage
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe's ability to prophesy;

Post by Gage »

henrietta wrote: September 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm When you're trying to attack someone's character, you twist everything to sound bad. It's not bad to inspire people with scripture to give money to your CHARITY. This is not her bank account. If you believe in a charity you're starting and you know the good it can do, you try to get money for it. I respect Mechelle, but asking people for money for a charity does not mean she's stuffing it in her pocket. Her charity is for a good cause. And now that she can use her sight to help victims of human trafficking, it's an excellent use of peoples money. She has a committee that oversees the whole thing. She can't just make decisions on her own for that charity.
One thing that is important to know that Julie Rowe, as a davidic servant FIGURE, will be divisive. The Lord is asking each person to listen to her and pray for the Spirit to confirm the truthfulness of what she says. She's not a scriptorian> I doubt she ever will be. She is shown and taught in person. She does use the scriptures to some degree, but not like gileadi.
Read what she says in her podcasts and pray about the material. Don't take 3rd hand information and skew it to dismiss her based what you think is proper for a leader of a charity to do or what you think a true "seer" would behave like. Do you know how many mistakes Joseph Smith made? How many people he asked for money? The saints had to have a testimony to follow him and not rely on a delusion that prophet=perfect. Thank goodness I'm not in her position because I know many times where people have completely misunderstood and/or misheard me. And even more when they misconstrued my intentions.

Julie is that you? How the heck are ya? BTW, the Lord isnt asking me to do anything with Julie, that I am sure of.

frankcastle
captain of 10

Post by frankcastle »

henrietta wrote: September 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm The Lord is asking each person to listen to her and pray for the Spirit to confirm the truthfulness of what she says.
The Lord is not asking me to listen to Julie! If anyone is asking me to do that, I am pretty sure it is Satan.

2 Nephi 28:21
...and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

https://vimeo.com/234791822/182aaae0f2

Well Julie certainly does not look very good. Sort of dark and hollow. And she is certainly not under more stress than our Prophet and apostles and they exude love and and light in their eyes.

http://julieroweprepare.com/by-their-fruits/
This was also sent out to people's emails as well as posted on her blog.

And julie Rowe discussions were moved to a private, pay extra forum on AVOW.
More and more people close to julie were seeing the mental breakdowns and serious problems with her and speaking out. The moderators did not like that. Plus, Julie herself hadn't posted on AVOW for quite some time, and then Avow's owner had Julie come and say hi and then as soon as one person questioned her, AVOW moved all of her posts to the extra pay forum. People joined just to see what tidbits Julie would give them, but she has barely posted anything since.

I just have to say, how many false visionaries does the LDS prepare crowd have to fall for before people start saying, 'wait a minute. Maybe I should look at this more objectively'?

Too many people need their ears tickled and their egos flattered I guess. I'm glad this is one of the few places one can still objectively talk about the MANY problems surrounding Julie Rowe.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

ndjili wrote: September 25th, 2017, 11:42 am https://vimeo.com/234791822/182aaae0f2

Well Julie certainly does not look very good. Sort of dark and hollow. And she is certainly not under more stress than our Prophet and apostles and they exude love and and light in their eyes.

http://julieroweprepare.com/by-their-fruits/
This was also sent out to people's emails as well as posted on her blog.

And julie Rowe discussions were moved to a private, pay extra forum on AVOW.
More and more people close to julie were seeing the mental breakdowns and serious problems with her and speaking out. The moderators did not like that. Plus, Julie herself hadn't posted on AVOW for quite some time, and then Avow's owner had Julie come and say hi and then as soon as one person questioned her, AVOW moved all of her posts to the extra pay forum. People joined just to see what tidbits Julie would give them, but she has barely posted anything since.

I just have to say, how many false visionaries does the LDS prepare crowd have to fall for before people start saying, 'wait a minute. Maybe I should look at this more objectively'?

Too many people need their ears tickled and their egos flattered I guess. I'm glad this is one of the few places one can still objectively talk about the MANY problems surrounding Julie Rowe.
This is what happens to folks under the influence of evil spirits.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I agree GrandMasterB.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I just listened to some of that program on vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/234791822/182aaae0f2

The interviewer asked her to describe what happened when she left her body that first time. (By the way, they screwed up by suggesting that an NDE and an OBE are the same thing, they are not) And at about 4:25 on the recording she said that she felt a whoosing and found herself 'off to the side of the room, looking down' at her body and as she explains this she motions to show that she's up high in the room looking down. This caught my attention, it is a common claim by many NDE experiencers, yet, I didn't remember that this was the case with Julie. So I looked it up in her book, 'A Great Tomorrow'. In the book she said;

"I found myself standing next to the bed looking down at my motionless form' pg 10

So, 'standing next to the bed, looking down' and being 'off to the side of the room, looking down' are not describing the same position in the room.

To me it's clear that she's contradicting herself, but I suspect that her die hard supporters will dismiss this.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

setyourselffree wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 3:09 pm It's interesting that McDermott is still making appearances with Rowe, even just two months ago, if she truly believes Julie is off the rails and is a false prophetess, etc. I've often wondered if Shelle was just jealous that Julie's prophesying "career" took off far faster and is much more widespread than her own.

https://www.preparingapeople.com/single ... t-Launched

"Also speaking at the conference will be David Warwick, Shelle McDermott, Jon Miller, Pamela Romney Openshaw, Julie Rowe, Rod Meldrum and other surprise Video Testimonies. Find more about each speaker at: www.PreparingAPeople.com"
I didn't see Julie in that lineup.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

That's a good catch AI2.0

Julie was calling her experience an OBE at first (on AVOW), then changed it to an NDE. Of course you not only have to pay for AVOW to read that, You have to pay the extra $5 or so a month to even find Julie's old stuff.

[email protected]
Hi, I'm new.

Post by [email protected] »

In the Gibby video she talks about how the government will drop vials and gallons jugs of liquid into stadium and such to contaminate the area with evil biological weapons, then says, "They're already doing it." I wonder what that means?!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

ndjili wrote: September 25th, 2017, 2:35 pm That's a good catch AI2.0

Julie was calling her experience an OBE at first (on AVOW), then changed it to an NDE. Of course you not only have to pay for AVOW to read that, You have to pay the extra $5 or so a month to even find Julie's old stuff.
Roger K. Young sounds like a modern soothsayer. If he didn't have the web he would probably be using a crystal ball and charging for access to his mystical tent.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

EmmaLee wrote: September 25th, 2017, 2:31 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 3:09 pm It's interesting that McDermott is still making appearances with Rowe, even just two months ago, if she truly believes Julie is off the rails and is a false prophetess, etc. I've often wondered if Shelle was just jealous that Julie's prophesying "career" took off far faster and is much more widespread than her own.

"Also speaking at the conference will be David Warwick, Shelle McDermott, Jon Miller, Pamela Romney Openshaw, Julie Rowe, Rod Meldrum and other surprise Video Testimonies. Find more about each speaker at: www.PreparingAPeople.com"
If you click on the link you gave she is not on it.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 9:44 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 23rd, 2017, 2:39 pm
Summerwind wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 6:27 pm
AI2.0 wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 5:32 pm

So, what's this? I haven't heard this about telling a newly widowed man that she'd some day be married to him? She's already married, or did I misread this? And I did not know she'd been caught manipulating people for money, or declaring some to be 'unworthy priesthood holders'??? Could you fill me in--this is all new to me. :(
Wow! I guess we are seeing the unraveling of Julie Rowe. I'd say Mechelle McDermott is a credible source because she does know what's going on in the prepper community. She was big supporter of JR's but then a couple of years ago, started to doubt her. So, it makes perfect sense that she would want to expose Julie if she's going to do damage to the reputations of other members of the Prepper community. I seriously don't blame her for choosing to speak out publicly so as to distance herself from her, we've been predicting this for some time on this forum.

Can you tell me where this information was posted? I assume it was recent.

I wonder if Julie Rowe is still posting in her own private pay to post forum on AVOW and if there are any rumblings about this over there.
If this is true then it is truly bizarre and alarming.

The problem here is that this is, so far, nothing but gossip (despite Shelle's protestations to the contrary). It's not Shelle that's making accusations against Julie from first hand knowledge - it's unnamed third party sources telling Shelle things, which she's then passing on to others. Yes, the nature of the accusations is very concerning. But is there any evidence to support it? Search results aren't bringing up the facebook group mentioned - was it removed or is it private? Is there a link to the "JR thread" she mentioned?

I don't think Shelle is making any of this up (for jealousy or other reasons as someone else suggested earlier). I do believe her when she says people have approached her with information. This isn't the first time Shelle has come forward with insider information about things Julie has said/done that would be incriminating/damaging against Julie. And every time Shelle has almost bent over backwards in trying to protect/defend Julie, or, perhaps more precisely, to protect the prepper movement of which Julie and her are both an integral part. I suspect Shelle doesn't want the prepper movement to be damaged, and pointing out the problems surrounding Julie has the potential to do just that, but yet at the same time if she were to remain silent with the info she has been given then that too could be damaging to the prepper movement. You can see this in the way she says things - "our intimate prepper community," and "the problem with JR is not her message or what is in her books..." (things that are considered gospel among some prepper circles) "...it is what is going on behind the scenes" (which she names as affinity fraud). Actually, there are problems with her message, and with her books, and most everything else Shelle lists as not being problems for Julie - the "sources for her materials," her "mental illness," etc. I guess only is it when it starts to affect the wallet of these people that they begin to sit up and take notice that something just might not be right here... and even here they only want to focus on what they are willing to accept or perceive as being a problem.

And if the accusations are true then would that be a problem? Absolutely! I can't say anything to the accusations of spiritual polygamy and Julie telling people that one day they will marry her, or of her "being sealed to 163 priesthood holders in the pre-existence." But in regards to the money I believe there may be some merit there. Over the past several weeks and months Julie has been posting frequently on her blog and sending out emails sharing scriptures which have a strong charity/giving/selflessness/donation theme to them. Some examples:

• http://julieroweprepare.com/psalm-411/
    “How blessed is he who considers the helpless; The Lord will deliver him in a day of trouble.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/luke-1822/
    “When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/2-corrinthians-9-6-7/
    “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/luke-1141/
    “But give that which is within as charity, and then all things are clean for you.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/matthew-542/
    “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/matthew-2535/
    “For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink;l I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/matthew-6-1-4/
    “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed of them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. “So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. ” But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that you giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/proverbs-2827/
    “He who gives to the poor will never want, But he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.”
  • http://julieroweprepare.com/psalm-112-5-9/
    “It is well with the man who is gracious and lends; He will maintain his cause in judgement. For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. He will not fear evil tidings; Hi heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

His heart is upheld, he will not fear, Until he looks with satisfaction on his adversaries. He has given freely to the poor. His righteousness endure forever. His horn will be exalted in honor.”
And, finally (emphasis added),

• http://julieroweprepare.com/the-job-of-a-poor-woman/

The Job of a poor woman

Job 31: 16-22

“If I have kept the poor from their desire, Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail, Or have eaten my morsel alone, And the orphan has not shared it (But from my youth, he grew up with me as with a father, And from infancy I guided her),

If I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering, If his loins have not thanked me, And if he has not been warmed with the fleece of my sheep, If I have lifted up my hand against the orphan, Because I saw I had support in the gate, Let my shoulder fall from the socket, And my arm be broken off at the elbow.”
All of these, and other scriptures she's posted and emailed to people, almost seem calculated to guilt people into donating to her and/or her charity GTRF. She's been pushing these charity/giving scriptures hard these past few months. I suspect, in her mind, these scriptures are intended/meant for people to give to her charity/mission and if people don't do it or refuse then they are not 'valiant' or 'righteous' people (as witnessed in Shelle's report). This, in my mind, lends some credibility to the above reports from Mechelle (Shelle) McDermott. Still, without evidence, it is all just hearsay.
You are right, it is second hand--Mechelle McDermott heard these things from others. I think we should keep that in mind that they may not be quite accurate--I hope they aren't or Julie Rowe's really going off the deep end.
And I agree, Mechelle McDermott is not so concerned about good people being hurt as much as she's protecting her own livelyhood and reputation. If Julie fleeces a bunch of people it means that others who solicit money from this community could be hurt also. There will be fewer people to attend their seminars and conferences or buy books or visit their websites. But, I'm glad that Summerwind caught that posting and saved a screen shot.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

henrietta wrote: September 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm When you're trying to attack someone's character, you twist everything to sound bad. It's not bad to inspire people with scripture to give money to your CHARITY. This is not her bank account. If you believe in a charity you're starting and you know the good it can do, you try to get money for it. I respect Mechelle, but asking people for money for a charity does not mean she's stuffing it in her pocket. Her charity is for a good cause. And now that she can use her sight to help victims of human trafficking, it's an excellent use of peoples money. She has a committee that oversees the whole thing. She can't just make decisions on her own for that charity.
One thing that is important to know that Julie Rowe, as a davidic servant FIGURE, will be divisive. The Lord is asking each person to listen to her and pray for the Spirit to confirm the truthfulness of what she says. She's not a scriptorian> I doubt she ever will be. She is shown and taught in person. She does use the scriptures to some degree, but not like gileadi.
Read what she says in her podcasts and pray about the material. Don't take 3rd hand information and skew it to dismiss her based what you think is proper for a leader of a charity to do or what you think a true "seer" would behave like. Do you know how many mistakes Joseph Smith made? How many people he asked for money? The saints had to have a testimony to follow him and not rely on a delusion that prophet=perfect. Thank goodness I'm not in her position because I know many times where people have completely misunderstood and/or misheard me. And even more when they misconstrued my intentions.
Welcome and thanks for posting.
You are right, there are many people who start charities because they truly want to help others. I think you should keep in mind that it was Mechelle McDermott who accused Julie of taking advantage of people in her attempts to get money out of others. It is Mechelle who is distancing herself and the prepper movement away from Julie and calling her out for her antics in getting donations. Do you have any idea about some of the accusations she shared regarding Julie and inappropriate things Julie may have been saying?

I also wonder what you know about the purpose of her charity? Does she help when there are natural disasters like the recent hurricanes or wildfires or is she only collecting money for a call out, to help those traveling to Utah? If there is no call out, what happens to the money? Also, do you know if she is taking a salary for herself from the donations she collects?

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Please explain what you mean when you speak of Julie as a "davidic servant FIGURE"... because to my knowledge she doesn't have any kind of ordination or any such thing, nor any authority other than that of personal revelation for herself and those she has stewardship over.

It's one thing to ask for money and donations to a charity, and quite another to tell someone that because they turned you down they are not a worthy priesthood holder. IF that actually happened, it's Julie making a judgment against someone unrighteously. No one is obligated to donated to her charity PERIOD. It has NOTHING to do with priesthood worthiness because it's not even part of the church or priesthood duties.

I don't think one can be an actual seer without ordination. The gift of prophecy for one's self and those one has stewardship over is another matter, but I have NEVER heard of anyone in the LDS church describing anyone as a seer besides those set apart to that designation which would be the 15 apostles and prophets in the church. Lots of titles going on here, and no authority.

I have no desire and no obligation to listen to or read what Julie has to say. I've heard and read enough at this point. Unless or until Julie has any kind of actual authority and stewardship she will remain a lone woman on a self-imposed quest that NO ONE in the church is obligated to listen to.

I sincerely hope that what Mechelle (who isn't on the forum to my knowledge) posted was incorrect. I'd hate to think that Julie had gone THAT far off the deep end, but until I have some kind of evidence otherwise, I'll take the warning and steer FAR clear of Julie and her charity. I've already talked a few people out of donating to that particular charity.

Comparing Julie's imperfections to Joseph Smith's imperfections is ridiculous. Joseph Smith was an ordained prophet, seer, and revelator for God. he held the keys, office, and authority to do the things he did. Nope he wasn't perfect, but that comparison is grandiose in regards to Julie. She is not in any kind of the same position as Joseph Smith and anyone who thinks she is, is suffering from serious delusions brought on by the adversary.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

setyourselffree wrote: September 25th, 2017, 4:15 pm
EmmaLee wrote: September 25th, 2017, 2:31 pm

If you click on the link you gave she is not on it.
Yes, she is, as I highlighted above. She is listed on the link I gave as speaking at the Rexburg conference with McDermott. She is not listed as speaking at the later Utah conference (neither was McDermott). I'll post it again for you, straight from their website, straight from the first link I gave - https://www.preparingapeople.com/single ... t-Launched

Mike & Nancy James just filmed footage from Shawn's Hometown & Native American Pow Wows in Oklahoma just 2 weeks ago. Come experience sacred stories from converts, missionaries, the Oklahoma Temple, and gatherings few of us have experienced.

Also speaking at the conference will be David Warwick, Shelle McDermott, Jon Miller, Pamela Romney Openshaw, Julie Rowe, Rod Meldrum and other surprise Video Testimonies. Find more about each speaker at: www.PreparingAPeople.com

DISCOUNT TICKET PRICES until June 30th - $40 (normal price $50)

Ticket price includes A BUFFET LUNCH catered by BYU Idaho.
WEBCAST will be available for Purchase within a week of the Event at a Discount.