The end near, or is it...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
thescott3000
captain of 10

The end near, or is it...

Post by thescott3000 »

For the last couple hundred people have been saying the end is near. I get it, I am one of those people too, but there are a couple things I that might possibly still need to happen before the beginning of that end time scenario.

1) Isaiah 20:3 Then Jehovah said, Just as my servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,  ...20:4 ...  so shall the king of Assyria lead away the captives of Egypt and the exiles of Cush, both young and old, naked and barefoot, with buttocks uncovered—to Egypt's shame.

"As a type of God’s end-time servant, Isaiah warns of Assyria’s invasion of Egypt and Cush and of the humiliation of their captives. They have three years of time in which to repent before three years of God’s Day of Judgment overtake them (cf. Isaiah 16:14)". -Avraham Gileadi (http://www.IsaiahExplained.com/isaiah_ch_20.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

So we should expect to be warned 3 years in advance. Have we been warned yet? Is the tetrad blood moon our warning? I don't know.

2) The title page of the Book of Mormon says that the book was written to the Jew to convince them that Jesus is the Christ.

Avraham Gileadi wrote about this as well explaining that one group of Jews will be converted in a day when Christ decends onto the Mt of Olives, a different group will be converted by the tribe of Ephraim using the Book of Mormon.

I'm not really sure why he thinks this will happen before the end time scenario begins. I could see this prophecy fulfilled at anytime.

Sure there's a ton of stuff that will happen before the second coming, but Is there anything else that must happen before the cleansing (Starting with severe persecution of the saints)?

P.S. my gut is telling me that the U.S will be in a very different/worse situation Fall 2015.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: The end near, or is it...

Post by marc »

Definitely near. I'm not convinced that every historical minutiae must be a type for our day. But I do believe we're in the the eve of being swept through. If the world were a chess game, the final pawn is being placed for the end game sequence.

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

When we speak about the Lord's "Coming" we need to identify which one we are speaking of. There will in fact be a number of them (Adam-Ondi-Ahman, the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, THE Coming at the end etc). My opinion is that there will be quite a bit of time in between each because each appearance sets the stage for the next wave of events that needs to take place. So perhaps "an" appearance may take place in the near future (probably AOA to start) but like the OP states, there is still much to be done before his final Coming.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

According to the Prophet Zenos the Lord is planning on destroying the vineyard because it has all become corrupt but have hope and faith.
For according to that which is written the voice of the servant of the Lord will ask to "Spare it a little longer" and the Lord shall say "Yea I will spare it a little longer" so have hope and look to all the places where it is written to spare it a little longer you will be glad you did:) For the Lord will command his servant and he will go and bring other servants and although they be few they will labor in the vineyard faithfully keeping "all" the commandments of the Lord and will be successful in bringing about the fruits for this last time yea even a long time a thousand years of wonder and equity and of good and equal and delightful fruit that the Lord of the vineyard shall be well pleased with. Until the season and the end come where the good fruits that are equal and one shall be gathered up and taken unto the celestial kingdom of God and they which for this one last time where the devil is loosed and allowed to go forth and seek his own and find those who would listen unto him and would not be equal in their temporal things and were lifted up are gathered up and cast away into their own place and the earth shall be burnt with fire. So it has been written and so it shall be fulfilled. Have faith O house of Ephraim and hope and return to keep the law of equal in your temporal things that you may be taken to a safe place of the celestial kingdom of God. Hosea has testified " Ephraim shall say what have I to do anymore with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found. Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? So be glad and seek to bring these things to light and help establish the cause of Zion:)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I believe that Daniel chapter 7 gives us a pretty good handle on events here in America that lead up to the Lord’s appearance at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. He speaks of one who “shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. Sound like someone you know?

Daniel further states that “they (the saints) shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.” This translates into 42 months. He says the “horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High”.

So it appears that the little horn, (America) led by one speaking “great words against the most High” and who thinks “to change times and laws” will go on to persecute the saints for 42 months. Following the 42 months Daniel sees in vision “one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days”.

Boiled down to simple terms, this is the great message of Daniel chapter 7.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. ....
3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 17)

Just like the death of Methuselah (oldest man) signaled the Great Flood, the destruction of Damascus (oldest city) may signal the Burning of Babylon.

Isaiah comments on how many will survive (a few berries):

6 ¶Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the Lord God of Israel. (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 17)

Isaiah comments on the suddenness of the event (overnight calamity):

14 And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us. (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 17)

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

I recommend this article for anyone interested in the end times. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/analy ... rophecies/ Maybe not everything is accurate, but it will make you think. I've read most of Crowther's book, "Prophecy: Key to the Future," and it is a real eye opener.

Kmart201
captain of 50

Post by Kmart201 »

In the last 2 general conferences we have been warned by apostles of the coming persecutions. Can it get any clearer what is coming soon. Im thinking Daniel is about to have his prophecies fulfilled.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Kmart201 wrote:In the last 2 general conferences we have been warned by apostles of the coming persecutions. Can it get any clearer what is coming soon. Im thinking Daniel is about to have his prophecies fulfilled.
I agree!

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Kmart201 wrote:In the last 2 general conferences we have been warned by apostles of the coming persecutions. Can it get any clearer what is coming soon. Im thinking Daniel is about to have his prophecies fulfilled.
I don't think it could get any clearer, but it is getting clearer by the day that tough times are ahead and we had better be prepared, spiritually and temporally.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

My personal view is that there is some considerable time to go yet.
The end times are not set in stone - it is a moveable feast and we are doing a good job at keeping it well away.
For example, it must be clear to practically everyone in the church that thinks about these things, that we are further away from establishing Zion now than we have ever been since the restoration. We have made some attempts (Kirtland, Independence, Nauvoo, Utah) and have failed everytime. Nowadays we don't even try.

ElectLady
captain of 100

Post by ElectLady »

Robin Hood wrote:My personal view is that there is some considerable time to go yet.
The end times are not set in stone - it is a moveable feast and we are doing a good job at keeping it well away.
For example, it must be clear to practically everyone in the church that thinks about these things, that we are further away from establishing Zion now than we have ever been since the restoration. We have made some attempts (Kirtland, Independence, Nauvoo, Utah) and have failed everytime. Nowadays we don't even try.
Our lesson Sunday in RS was about laying up treasures in heaven, and the teacher asked how we know if enough is enough such as homes, cars, furnishings, entertainment etc, or are we doing the right thing with our wealth? (she was more eloquent) Anyway, everyone commented that it's okay to have several houses, etc if you use them correctly, and so forth. I live in a wealthy area, so I was interested to hear answers on this one...I had pretty much just walked in the room and wasn't sure of where the lesson was going, but no one said that when there is no poor among us, we can allow ourselves (through the blessing of HF) to prosper. No one is thinking about Zion. It seems, anyway.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

The end is near. The beginning of the end is about to begin.

Edit... I dare say it has begun with this month's blood moon. The tornadoes are just the beginning.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

Many people, now and in the past, believe that because everything is "ok" then the events prophesied must be a long time off. How many times have we been "caught unawares" because of this attitude. When the Lord says "enough" it is amazing at how quickly things are fulfilled. Logically, how long would it take to flood the earth? Even those that witnessed Noah building the ark just thought that he was crazy. In many ways Zion is an ark. Man's logic is rarely correct when it comes to eternal things.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Ratbag wrote:I recommend this article for anyone interested in the end times. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/analy ... rophecies/ Maybe not everything is accurate, but it will make you think. I've read most of Crowther's book, "Prophecy: Key to the Future," and it is a real eye opener.
Crowther is great. I highly recommend it to everybody as a MUST READ

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Doomsday talk... Heaven's Reward Fallacy... aka "Let it all go to hell and let our Savior save us!"
Sound familiar?
Jews were looking for Jesus to save them physically.
When asked when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus responded,
"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation. Neither shall they say: lo here! or lo there.
For behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
- Luke 17:20-21

Are scriptures history books? Future-telling books?
Or are they SPIRITUAL books full of parables to tell spiritual lessons?
IE: Many scriptures about "the end of times" speak of "lamb opening seals" and white horses with crowns... like greek mythology, which we don't take literally, do we? It's symbolic!

Anybody familiar with spiral dynamics of Erikson or others...
Basically it's a type of "positive disintegration" - where you begin with a certain "psychosocial crises" to overcome/disintegrate, to move on in more positive ways... (ie infant stage: trust vs. mistrust, early childhood: autonomy vs. shame etc.)
Well, I can see some spiral dynamics in other teachings, including Revelations (ch. 6...) regarding the seals...

1st seal, a crown is given - birth/life - Archaic & Magical Consciousness (maybe reference to "crown" chakra)
2nd seal, a sword is given - ability to discern good from evil - Mythic Consciousness - ("sword of the spirit")
3rd seal, balances are had - questioning myths - Rational Consciousness level (learning to "balance" symbolic & literal)
4th seal, power was given -can see many perspectives - Vision-Logic Consciousness (but power to kill the sword/spirit if you worship logic)
5th seal - Shown those slain for God- fears/lusts conquered for God- Psychic/Spirit Consciousness (honoring our 1st estate over carnal)
6th seal - earthquakes, sun black, stars fall - see our imperfections "bursts our egotistical bubble" - Dark night of the senses
7th seal - silence, then "all hell breaks loose" with wars & plagues - Confronting "feelings buried alive"- Dark Night/Confronting Shadow Self
Christ reigns - Spiritual union with God, Our Creators - Christ Consciousness

No doubt there are many ways to interpret the above & I'll likely change my perspectives over time, but my main point is that scriptures are primarily to liken to us in spiriptual ways, not to give us some excuse to quit "fighting the good fight." Maybe at some point, the "end" of this earth will happen & definitely the end of my life will happen... but I'm not going to throw up my hands & say "the sky is falling" - but I'll live as if there's work to do - because there is!

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Ratbag wrote:I recommend this article for anyone interested in the end times. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/analy ... rophecies/ Maybe not everything is accurate, but it will make you think. I've read most of Crowther's book, "Prophecy: Key to the Future," and it is a real eye opener.

I've read that book and it was really good.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

friendsofthe wrote:I believe that Daniel chapter 7 gives us a pretty good handle on events here in America that lead up to the Lord’s appearance at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. He speaks of one who “shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. Sound like someone you know?

Daniel further states that “they (the saints) shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.” This translates into 42 months. He says the “horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High”.

So it appears that the little horn, (America) led by one speaking “great words against the most High” and who thinks “to change times and laws” will go on to persecute the saints for 42 months. Following the 42 months Daniel sees in vision “one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days”.

Boiled down to simple terms, this is the great message of Daniel chapter 7.

I wonder how this relates to the 7 years of prosperity that will begin the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

BeNotDeceived wrote:I wonder how this relates to the 7 years of prosperity that will begin the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.
I know better, but I'm going to ask anyway. Where exactly do you get the claim that seven years of prosperity will begin in April?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote:I wonder how this relates to the 7 years of prosperity that will begin the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.
I know better, but I'm going to ask anyway. Where exactly do you get the claim that seven years of prosperity will begin in April?
It's this poster's 5th post in a row containing this theme. I too would like to know how he/she came up with the date, especially since President Hinckley mentioned this same thing back around the turn of the century (too lazy to look it up now).

I concur with Brandon Smith (http://www.alt-market.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) who says Trump will preside over the destruction of the US economy.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote:
No worries, it derives logically

line-up-line,
precept-upon-precept,
here-a-little & there-a-little.

Here's the latest synopsis compiled from a few threads:

That statement is the logical conclusion to the discussion in my 2030, adjusted to 2031 thread.

Financial data is reported quarterly; the first week of April is also the first week of the third financial quarter.

7 years is the time from when one presidents policies take effect until the front runners are known in a subsequent election, per discussion in another thread. To date, these contentions are resolved peacefully. Interesting that it states “these two parties will go to war”; that could mean in-fighting within each party as they battle to determined their nominee. The exact words aren’t known https://byustudies.byu.edu/content/edwi ... e-prophecy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but April of 2024 makes sense.

P.S. click the PDF link to see the complete article. :-)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
brianj wrote:

line-up-line,
precept-upon-precept,

That statement is the logical conclusion to the discussion in my 2030, adjusted to 2031 thread.

Financial data is reported quarterly; the first week of April is also the first week of the third financial quarter.

7 years is the time from when one presidents policies take effect until the front runners are known in a subsequent election, per discussion in another thread. To date, these contentions are resolved peacefully. Interesting that it states “these two parties will go to war”; that could mean in-fighting within each party as they battle to determined their nominee. The exact words aren’t known https://byustudies.byu.edu/content/edwi ... e-prophecy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but April of 2024 makes sense.

I see your reasoning, but it is just reasoning and opinion. I wanted to know if you were relying on intellect or if you were claiming divine inspiration.

And you do recognize that your seven year number is inaccurate. Presidential elections happen every four years. The first Bush and Carter are the only elected Presidents since Hoover to not be reelected, but the amount of anger we see in the nation today convince me that Trump will have a hard time getting reelected no matter how well her performs in his current job.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

The prophet and apostles are stating that we are at the end of the eleventh hour. Time is close but it is not yet.

We need to clean up our people first. We have too much worldliness and sins to become a zion people. We need to get serious about living the gospel and preparing for the Lord's coming.

Maybe that's the cleansing starting in His house first. We could start cleansing ourselves or we could wait for some disastrous thing to happen. Most will wait but some will be prepared.

I believe we're very close to something but not yet there. But when it happens and the ball rolls, it will likely roll faster than we would like and we will be found unprepared due to the lack of time to get ready. A testimony takes time to build and if we wait until the signs appear we have waited too long. A hard heart takes time to soften and repair.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote:
brianj wrote:

line-up-line,
precept-upon-precept,

I see your reasoning, but it is just reasoning and opinion. I wanted to know if you were relying on intellect or if you were claiming divine inspiration.

And you do recognize that your seven year number is inaccurate. Presidential elections happen every four years. The first Bush and Carter are the only elected Presidents since Hoover to not be reelected, but the amount of anger we see in the nation today convince me that Trump will have a hard time getting reelected no matter how well her performs in his current job.
7 years describes the length of time from April 2017 to April 2024.

Yes, it is eight years between elections and inaugurations, but seven years from selection to effection if such word existed to represent when the policies of the new presidential administration begin to take effect. Comparing financial data before and after the start of Q3 should show the change to relative prosperity.

Only careful objective observations are required to arrive at said logical conclusion. :-)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

BeNotDeceived wrote:7 years describes the length of time from April 2017 to April 2024.

Yes, it is eight years between elections and inaugurations, but seven years from selection to effection if such word existed to represent when the policies of the new presidential administration begin to take effect. Comparing financial data before and after the start of Q3 should show the change to relative prosperity.

Only careful objective observations are required to arrive at said logical conclusion. :-)
The bigger problem I have with your conclusion is that having a business friendly President doesn't guarantee prosperity. Only a humble population serving God will guarantee prosperity. Since we don't have that righteousness, and wickedness is spreading so quickly, I don't anticipate general prosperity.