Patriarchal Blessing

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
jbalm
The Third Comforter

Re: Patriarchal Blessing

Post by jbalm »

Mine says that I will arise and come forth mid- to late afternoon of the first resurrection, depending on how busy it gets. Also that I was a corporal (supply clerk) in the war in heaven.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

LOL

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

jbalm that is awesome haha

aigerim
captain of 100

Post by aigerim »

Zowieink wrote:For me, my body shall not rest in mother earth, but shall be changed in a twinkling of an eye from mortality to immortality and then shall be caught up to meet the Lord in his coming. And this from a guy in his 60's. The blessing was given in 1970, a year after I joined the Church.
Wow!

jo1952
captain of 1,000

Post by jo1952 »

LDSguy wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:Just a side note: Love your avatar. I was sealed to my wife there. Okay, continue on.
My fav temple design. Originally from the OC and have been to that temple before but unfortunately had moved away from CA when I got married so it was in another temple (but fortunately out of CA forever. awful awful state going thru a demise -- except the sunshine and the beach, only two positives left about Cali)
It was always a wonderful experience to see this Temple "arise" while driving the freeway. It is so beautiful; and it always stirs in me the thought of how "other worldly" it is. Just awesome!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Mine says to live each day as though it were my last. Hard to do, but excellent counsel. One wouldn't want to sin if they thought this was their last day on earth. Can't repent tomorrow because there is no tomorrow.

But I can recite five consecutive days without naming them outright. Day before yesterday, yesterday, today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

hee, hee :-B

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A member of our ward just today shared with me this statement in his patriarchal blessing:
" Study the Constitution of The United States of America. Learn of it so you may be able to defend it, for it was divinely instituted here so that the Gospel might be restored in these latter days. We must defend this Constitution and keep it from being undermined and destroyed, that our religious liberties may remain in tact".

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Mine says I will rise in the morning of the first resurrection, along with my lovely bride. That was given back in '88, when I was 20ish. About 15 years later, I received an intense dream detailing how I will make my exit from this mortal realm (btw, I typically do not remember dreams.) Beheaded, with a sword, for refusing to deny my Christ. Really scary and emotional during / right after the dream, but it has given me time to prepare, and for that I am grateful. Based on what I "lived" in that dream, I encourage you NOW to make an ironclad choice for Christ, come what may. That decision is important to get right, and all kinds of pressures will be brought to bear on you to test your resolve in your final moments.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Obrien wrote:Mine says I will rise in the morning of the first resurrection, along with my lovely bride. That was given back in '88, when I was 20ish. About 15 years later, I received an intense dream detailing how I will make my exit from this mortal realm (btw, I typically do not remember dreams.) Beheaded, with a sword, for refusing to deny my Christ. Really scary and emotional during / right after the dream, but it has given me time to prepare, and for that I am grateful. Based on what I "lived" in that dream, I encourage you NOW to make an ironclad choice for Christ, come what may. That decision is important to get right, and all kinds of pressures will be brought to bear on you to test your resolve in your final moments.
Strong, unshakable faith and hope is what is needed.

Nina
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Nina »

Obrien wrote:Mine says I will rise in the morning of the first resurrection, along with my lovely bride. That was given back in '88, when I was 20ish. About 15 years later, I received an intense dream detailing how I will make my exit from this mortal realm (btw, I typically do not remember dreams.) Beheaded, with a sword, for refusing to deny my Christ. Really scary and emotional during / right after the dream, but it has given me time to prepare, and for that I am grateful. Based on what I "lived" in that dream, I encourage you NOW to make an ironclad choice for Christ, come what may. That decision is important to get right, and all kinds of pressures will be brought to bear on you to test your resolve in your final moments.
Have you heard of Gayle's story? If you haven't I suggest you look it up. She was also shown people being beheaded for not denying Christ. We just have to remember that nothing in this life is worth compromising our testimony of Christ for. That still must have been very scary to see!
In response to patriarchal blessings, mine doesn't say anything about resurrection either but that I will live for a prolonged period of time on the Earth and that I will be able to see my children grow and theirs. It does say I will be with Christ at his coming though, but I know those whom will be with him at his coming are either part of the morning of the first resurrection or will be the righteous still living. It also mentions that I will live a life of impunity as I live righteously. I always wonder if that also applies to when all the crazy stuff is going on (diseases, death from war, destruction, starvation, beheadings, etc). All we can do is live righteously and trust in The Lord!

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Nina, can you give us more information re: "Gayle's story"?

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

kathyn wrote:Nina, can you give us more information re: "Gayle's story"?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/48677447/Gayl ... in-America" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I assume this is it.

Nina
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Nina »

That's the one!

Kmart201
captain of 50

Post by Kmart201 »

Mine talks about me feeling joy as I witness the preparations for the coming of the Lord and using the gift of healing to bless the lives of those around me during those times. I infer that I will go through something requiring the healing of many. I presume I will see many of the prophecies fulfilled but I think I will die because I am told i will come forth in the morning of the first resurrection.
Many people are feeling the crunch of the evil in this world. I feel that it will not be long before there are major events that will change the way we see the world.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

Mine state that the Lord rebukes the destroyer on my behalf and that many will seek me out for my council.

On the the first I saw tropical storms, hurricanes, and hurricanes that had a bulls eye on my areas stall and make 90 degree turns, and sever other related to my job. I had an inmate plan to stab me with a schiv only to freak out last minute after stabbing his rival then turning on my and loosing it.

On the, second I have no idea yet.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Kaarno wrote:Mine state that the Lord rebukes the destroyer on my behalf and that many will seek me out for my council.

On the the first I saw tropical storms, hurricanes, and hurricanes that had a bulls eye on my areas stall and make 90 degree turns, and sever other related to my job. I had an inmate plan to stab me with a schiv only to freak out last minute after stabbing his rival then turning on my and loosing it.

Interesting… so what is the destroyer? Perhaps death??? Mine states that I am "sealed up against the destroyer, to come forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory…" it goes on to promise amazing things about the eternities. The destroyer part has always baffled me.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianne541 wrote:
Kaarno wrote:Mine state that the Lord rebukes the destroyer on my behalf and that many will seek me out for my council.

Interesting… so what is the destroyer? Perhaps death??? Mine states that I am "sealed up against the destroyer, to come forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory…" it goes on to promise amazing things about the eternities. The destroyer part has always baffled me.
Generally, the destroyer is none other than Lucifer, himself. If you live your life faithfully, the promise is that Lucifer will not be able to wrap his chains around you and take you to hell, misery and woe.

Alma 12:11
11 And they that will harden their hearts, to them is given the lesser portion of the word until they know nothing concerning his mysteries; and then they are taken captive by the devil, and led by his will down to destruction. Now this is what is meant by the chains of hell.

Another explanation is the destroying angel.

Ex. 12:23
23 For the Lord will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

D&C 89:21
21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

D&C 101:54
54 And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer.

D&C 105:15
15 Behold, the destroyer I have sent forth to destroy and lay waste mine enemies; and not many years hence they shall not be left to pollute mine heritage, and to blaspheme my name upon the lands which I have consecrated for the gathering together of my saints.
...................................................................................................................................................................................
So we see that the destroyer is of an evil nature.

Hope this helps.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

freedomforall Thank you!!! Very great scriptures that help a lot :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianne541 wrote:freedomforall Thank you!!! Very great scriptures that help a lot :)
You're welcome. I found another tidbit, a talk, “The Great Imitator”, given by James E Faust in 1987 https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... r?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; He makes reference to the destroyer in the last paragraph.
He says:
I pray that, through the spreading of righteousness, the evil hands of the destroyer might be stayed and that he may not be permitted to curse the whole world. I also pray that God will overlook our weaknesses, our frailties, and our many shortcomings and generously forgive us of our misdeeds. I further pray that He will bring solace to the suffering, comfort to those who grieve, and peace to the brokenhearted, in the holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Another source is in a talk given by Barbara Thompson in 2011 called Cleave unto the Covenants https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In one of the paragraphs she says this:

My grandmother Ellen Hanks Rymer was a young mother in 1912 when she received her patriarchal blessing. When I read her blessing, these lines jumped off the page and stayed in my mind: “Thou wast chosen from before the foundation of the earth, and a chosen spirit to come forth in this day. … Thy testimony shall be magnified and thou shalt be able to testify. … The destroyer has sought to destroy thee, but if thou wilt cleave unto thy God, he [the destroyer] shall not have power to harm thee. Thou through thy faithfulness shalt have great power and the destroyer shall flee from before thee because of thy righteousness. … When the hour of fear and trials come upon thee if thou wilt retire to thy secret closet in prayer thy heart shall be comforted and the obstacles removed.”2

This info is priceless and should help you understand your great blessing further.

LYFETRNL
captain of 50

Post by LYFETRNL »

slimjamm wrote:I spoke to my dad today, who is a Patriarch. He stated Patriarchs do have certain wording they are to use in each blessing. One of these being, the morning of the first resurrection. He explained, Patriarchs have the authority to seal promises on those of the house of Israel. One being, they are entitled to come forth in the morning of the first resurrection. Obviously, dependent on the individual's faithfulness. If it is not stated in a blessing, the Patriarch most likely forgot to mention it. Hope this helps.

Mine mentions nothing about "the morning of the first resurrection". My blessing states that I will come forth the time appointed by Christ. My 31 year old son's states this as well as my fathers and my husbands. So, what does that tell me?? Did the patriarch goof??? He absolutely did not. He was an amazing man. Heck, he even had the name of "Moroni" given to him when he was born. This man before he passed away gave nearly 1600 patriarchal blessings. AWESOME man!!

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

My blessing states that I will come forth the time appointed by Christ. My 31 year old son's states this as well as my fathers and my husbands. So, what does that tell me?? Did the patriarch goof???
Perhaps you all had the same patriarch and he used those terms for almost every single blessing he gave.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

freedomforall wrote:
brianne541 wrote:

Generally, the destroyer is none other than Lucifer, himself. If you live your life faithfully, the promise is that Lucifer will not be able to wrap his chains around you and take you to hell, misery and woe.

Alma 12:11
11 And they that will harden their hearts, to them is given the lesser portion of the word until they know nothing concerning his mysteries; and then they are taken captive by the devil, and led by his will down to destruction. Now this is what is meant by the chains of hell.

Another explanation is the destroying angel.

Ex. 12:23
23 For the Lord will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

D&C 89:21
21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

D&C 101:54
54 And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer.

D&C 105:15
15 Behold, the destroyer I have sent forth to destroy and lay waste mine enemies; and not many years hence they shall not be left to pollute mine heritage, and to blaspheme my name upon the lands which I have consecrated for the gathering together of my saints.
...................................................................................................................................................................................
So we see that the destroyer is of an evil nature.

Hope this helps.
Amazing. Thank you so much! As I have read the quotes and scriptures you wrote, I totally realized something that I never had before…. Something that I have read over and over for almost 20 years finally made sense to me, when it never has before! Part of it was the destroyer, but another part was in how I was actually reading it wrong. I have always thought that the wording put the destroyer as coming forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory (I guess I thought the destroyer was Christ at his coming?). Anyway, as I have read it in the above post, the way I typed it, I realized that that promise is for ME!!! Holy smokes! I have been told that if I can be faithful, and endure to the end, that I can come forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory!! WOW!!! What a motivator I have been given! I don't even care if I come forth later in the day, but just to know that I can be with my savior on the day of his return and go on into the eternities with him is enough for me! Makes me wanna be a better person. Serve more. Love more!!!

Freedomforall THANK YOU!!! :ymhug: :D

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianne541 wrote: Amazing. Thank you so much! As I have read the quotes and scriptures you wrote, I totally realized something that I never had before…. Something that I have read over and over for almost 20 years finally made sense to me, when it never has before! Part of it was the destroyer, but another part was in how I was actually reading it wrong. I have always thought that the wording put the destroyer as coming forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory (I guess I thought the destroyer was Christ at his coming?). Anyway, as I have read it in the above post, the way I typed it, I realized that that promise is for ME!!! Holy smokes! I have been told that if I can be faithful, and endure to the end, that I can come forth on the day of resurrection, crowned in glory!! WOW!!! What a motivator I have been given! I don't even care if I come forth later in the day, but just to know that I can be with my savior on the day of his return and go on into the eternities with him is enough for me! Makes me wanna be a better person. Serve more. Love more!!!

Freedomforall THANK YOU!!! :ymhug: :D
You're welcome. I'm happy that you have had some wonderful awarenesses come to you. God bless you always.

LYFETRNL
captain of 50

Post by LYFETRNL »

Squally wrote:
My blessing states that I will come forth the time appointed by Christ. My 31 year old son's states this as well as my fathers and my husbands. So, what does that tell me?? Did the patriarch goof???
Perhaps you all had the same patriarch and he used those terms for almost every single blessing he gave.

As a matter of fact we did. But I have read several other blessings that came from the same patriarch and their's mentions coming forth the morning of the first resurrection.

LYFETRNL
captain of 50

Post by LYFETRNL »

seekinghislight wrote:Mine mentions being called with my companion to assist in the building up of the center stake of Zion, the New Jerusalem in preparation for the second coming of the Lord, that I will take an active part in that preparation. But then it it says when my work here upon the earth is through, I will be called home. I have always wondered will I die during New Jerusalem?What exactly is the definition of The New Jerusalem (The center stake of Zion)?

My blessing states that I will live to see the beautiful temple that is to be built in the New Jerusalem and it shall be my happy lot to work there and assist the Savior in His work here upon the earth before my mission here is finished.