Poll: Who'll be the Prophet when Christ Returns?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Who will be the President of the LDS church when Christ returns?

Thomas S. Monson
2%
Boyd K. Packer
4%
L. Tom Perry
No votes
Russel M. Nelson
6%
Dallin H. Oaks
4%
M. Russell Ballard
1%
Richard G. Scott
1%
Robert D. Hales
1%
Denver Snuffer
14%
Other
68%

Total votes: 102
sixth seal
captain of 100

Poll: Who'll be the Prophet when Christ Returns?

Post by sixth seal »

Just for fun, I thought I would start a poll to see who everyone thought would be the President of the LDS church at the time Christ returns.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Re: Poll: Who'll be the Prophet when Christ Returns?

Post by Thomas »

The servant.

3 Nephi 21:
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
Isaiah 52:
13 ¶Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.
Isaiah 28:
1 Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

2 Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

Obviously the Snuffer option was meant to be tongue in cheek (though not maybe for some), but if you choose "other", let us know who or what you are thinking. Thanks.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

There probably won't be one. Only one perfect person is allowed on earth at any one time.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

You're missing Bednar on there.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

Elder Bednar.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Bro. Bednar is a good guess actually - I sure like him and see a lot of qualities and traits in him that could make him a possible prophet some day. BKP would be 109 in the year 2033 - I could see him making it. ;) :-o Bro. Scott is sure a humble man - I could also see him as prophet material. Only the Lord knows.

PSCahill
captain of 100

Post by PSCahill »

Yep, I noticed that my choice wasn't on there...Bednar. He seems the most likely...and we will need "the great rebuker" by then!

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

No Uchdorft!, I say him or Bednar out of the list. If they die than I say Eyring.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:You're missing Bednar on there.
Funny - I have thought it will be Monson - followed by Bednar. There is something that will happen in the next couple of years that will be a significant event in the Lord's coming. Bednar will be around when "the return" happens. His first name is "David", is it not?

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

When I made the poll, I just started listing the current Prophet and Apostles in order of seniority (aside frome Snuffer :p ), then put "other" since I could only list ten people. In the back of my mind, I've always thought Elder Bednar was a likely chioce as well due to potential timing. If you are looking towards 2033 AD as possibility, then Bednar has a good likelyhood of being the President at that time. To me, 2033 isn't that far fetched. If things really pop off in the next few years according to the events that might occur in the George Albert Smith prophecy, then we will be on the fast track. And if as Joel Skousen predicts, Russia attacks the U.S. within the next decade, the "cleansing" could be in full swing. I would expect the Lord to give us a good period of time to be chastened, tested, and refined. Then the Lord comes to Adam-Ondi-Ahman to begin the process of the building of Zion, the New Jerusalem. 2033 might fit the bill and David A. Bednar likely would be the Prophet at the time.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:You're missing Bednar on there.

What do you know? We agree on something. :ymparty:

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Christ, because, the telestial church will be "done away with" and replaced by the "first born"

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

TZONE wrote:No Uchdorft!, I say him or Bednar out of the list. If they die than I say Eyring.
Bro.'s Uchtdorf and Eyring would be good prophets as well. Did anyone see the look on Bro. Eyring's face just before he gave a short speech that opened the doors to City Creek? Was classic, almost as if to say 'I can't believe I'm here doing this'. :ymapplause: :ymhug:

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

Thomas wrote:The servant.

3 Nephi 21:
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
Isaiah 52:
13 ¶Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.
Isaiah 28:
1 Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

2 Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.
Boom....+1

Nephi294
captain of 100

Post by Nephi294 »

Col. Flagg wrote:
TZONE wrote:No Uchdorft!, I say him or Bednar out of the list. If they die than I say Eyring.
Bro.'s Uchtdorf and Eyring would be good prophets as well. Did anyone see the look on Bro. Eyring's face just before he gave a short speech that opened the doors to City Creek? Was classic, almost as if to say 'I can't believe I'm here doing this'. :ymapplause: :ymhug:
Holy smokes Flagg! You constantly dwell on the City Creek Center. I can't wait to see the look on your face when BIGGER TESTS and TRIALS come our way..... =))

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Nephi294 wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
Holy smokes Flagg! You constantly dwell on the City Creek Center. I can't wait to see the look on your face when BIGGER TESTS and TRIALS come our way..... =))
You're right - someone like me who puts the widows' mite, poor, needy, afflicted and downtrodden first before a Babylonian mall stands no chance when real tests and trials of faith come our way to see if we'll stand with the Savior. #-o

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

How about Elder Holland?

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

Doesn't it seem that prophets are called for different things. President Hinckley led us through a temple building phase and President Monson seemed to take the helm towards the start of the depression. Moses led the people out of Egypt but it was Joshua that led them into the promised land. I believe President Monson may be the one to lead us in hard times but most likely someone else will be there when HE comes. My 2 cents........
Last edited by Sheol27 on March 1st, 2013, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

I could see it being Elder Holland or Elder Bednar. Elder Holland is ten years younger than everyone in front of him, and Elder Bednar I think is about to turn 60.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I am surprised how many chose my guess - Bednar.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

Who has seniority (next in line) Elder Holland or President Eyring?
Last edited by Sheol27 on March 1st, 2013, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Col. Flagg wrote:Bro. Bednar is a good guess actually - I sure like him and see a lot of qualities and traits in him that could make him a possible prophet some day. BKP would be 109 in the year 2033 - I could see him making it. ;) :-o Bro. Scott is sure a humble man - I could also see him as prophet material. Only the Lord knows.
It never ceases to amaze me that you feel qualified to determine who would be "prophet material". And saying things such as "if I were the Lord...." :-o

This is not meant as a personal attack - you keep me in an almost constant state of amazement of the things people will say...love your testimony on 9/11 and a good many things. But your proclivity towards statements such as "God would never condone _______" etc. etc. I hope that you are not spitballing that opinion, but that you have firsthand witness of the things you say. In another post you say "No big deal if ia m wrong, but imagine if I am right...." That's where you are wrong, my friend, if you are wrong, there are serious consequences, and I fear for you.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Original_Intent wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:Bro. Bednar is a good guess actually - I sure like him and see a lot of qualities and traits in him that could make him a possible prophet some day. BKP would be 109 in the year 2033 - I could see him making it. ;) :-o Bro. Scott is sure a humble man - I could also see him as prophet material. Only the Lord knows.
It never ceases to amaze me that you feel qualified to determine who would be "prophet material". And saying things such as "if I were the Lord...." :-o

This is not meant as a personal attack - you keep me in an almost constant state of amazement of the things people will say...love your testimony on 9/11 and a good many things. But your proclivity towards statements such as "God would never condone _______" etc. etc. I hope that you are not spitballing that opinion, but that you have firsthand witness of the things you say. In another post you say "No big deal if ia m wrong, but imagine if I am right...." That's where you are wrong, my friend, if you are wrong, there are serious consequences, and I fear for you.
OI, you know I love you as a brother in the gospel, but seriously, get off your high horse and stop trying to be a judge, jury and executioner with respect to others' comments here in the forum. I am entitled to my opinion about things just as much as the next guy and if you don't like something I've had to say, ignore it and move on, but to chastise me as if you are some board judge is ridiculous. Here I am stating who I think would be a good prophet based upon their personality and traits and you take me to task for it as if I am proclaiming who I think should be the next prophet? Please. =;

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

PSCahill wrote:Yep, I noticed that my choice wasn't on there...Bednar. He seems the most likely...and we will need "the great rebuker" by then!
I already have my rebuke. Just after Ricks College changed its name in 2000, I got a letter from the Alumni Association asking for donations. I wrote back telling them I never went to BYU-I, and if the college I went to was again created in the reverse of how it was taken, I'd be glad to donate. I got a hand-written letter from President Bednar rebuking me ofr my lack of humility. I thanked him for his letter and his advice. Of course, I'm too hard-headed to admit I'm wrong and send a donation, but it was nice to know he cared.