Poll: Who'll be the Prophet when Christ Returns?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Who will be the President of the LDS church when Christ returns?

Thomas S. Monson
2%
Boyd K. Packer
4%
L. Tom Perry
No votes
Russel M. Nelson
6%
Dallin H. Oaks
4%
M. Russell Ballard
1%
Richard G. Scott
1%
Robert D. Hales
1%
Denver Snuffer
14%
Other
68%

Total votes: 102
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Poll: Who'll be the Prophet when Christ Returns?

Post by Matchmaker »

Jeffrey R Holland

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

linj2fly wrote: March 3rd, 2013, 7:45 pm Another vote for Bednar (btw, he was the CES speaker tonight. Great talk on faith and submission).
BringerOfJoy wrote:
PSCahill wrote:Yep, I noticed that my choice wasn't on there...Bednar. He seems the most likely...and we will need "the great rebuker" by then!
Oh, if you want a "rebuker," then hold out for Kevin Pearson of the 70. Ask anyone who has been out in the mission field in the last few years. Really. I've watched that man teach for about 4 hours straight, and the one thing it WASN'T was boring. He's currently 56 years old.
I'd like to hear more from bro. Pearson. His conference talk on faith and the 6 destructive D's was very instructive.

Percent chance, initials, and age 10 years from now.

030 JAH 87.0
030 DAB 75.7
007 QLC 87.3
006 DTC 82.9
007 NLA 76.3
004 RAR 78.8
003 GES 72.3
002 DGR 75.1
001 KWP 70.7
+10Other
100 percent

Elder Bednar gave the greatest new teaching about timing in his first address to General Conference, making him my personal favorite.

Based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... day_Saints

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Hmm since I didn’t see Michael Jackson listed I will have to say either Uchdorf or Bednar.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Hmm, it's quite fascinating to look back at his poll from nearly 5 years ago. I'm still sticking with my original choice. :-)

the_sign
captain of 100

Post by the_sign »

The envoy to the Book of Daniel representing the United States of America supersedes those listed in the poll choices.

Regular updates to the countdown to the Day of the Lord by the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven at :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I still hold that the Prophet when Christ returns will be none other than the Marred Servant, whomever he may be. Uchtdorf and Bednar were trusted friends and compatriots to the Marred Servant in the premortal life, and thus he holds them in high regard. They are to be a staff for him to lean on, and likewise he shall be a staff to them.

That being said, the Marred Servant does not currently stand among the Twelve Apostles... but he will, at some point. And while at times it will seem like he goes against the church, everything he will do as an Apostle will be for the benefit of the saints. He will be willing to risk excommunication to do what the Lord calls him to do.

The blood of the Joseph Smith Sr. runs strong through his veins, but his line was purposefully hidden from the majority of the saints... and from the world. Like lightning will he come, with the mantle of Joseph Smith Jr. resting upon his shoulders, and it at times appear as if he were Joseph Smith himself.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

There's this kid in my ward named Matt. Good family, good kid, I guess he has a good a chance as anyone.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Durzan wrote: January 30th, 2018, 7:55 am I still hold that the Prophet when Christ returns will be none other than the Marred Servant, whomever he may be. Uchtdorf and Bednar were trusted friends and compatriots to the Marred Servant in the premortal life, and thus he holds them in high regard. They are to be a staff for him to lean on, and likewise he shall be a staff to them.

That being said, the Marred Servant does not currently stand among the Twelve Apostles... but he will, at some point. And while at times it will seem like he goes against the church, everything he will do as an Apostle will be for the benefit of the saints. He will be willing to risk excommunication to do what the Lord calls him to do.

The blood of the Joseph Smith Sr. runs strong through his veins, but his line was purposefully hidden from the majority of the saints... and from the world. Like lightning will he come, with the mantle of Joseph Smith Jr. resting upon his shoulders, and it at times appear as if he were Joseph Smith himself.
You may have stated this before, but why do you believe this? Is this something from a vision or is there another source?

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Tbone wrote: January 30th, 2018, 8:57 am
Durzan wrote: January 30th, 2018, 7:55 am I still hold that the Prophet when Christ returns will be none other than the Marred Servant, whomever he may be. Uchtdorf and Bednar were trusted friends and compatriots to the Marred Servant in the premortal life, and thus he holds them in high regard. They are to be a staff for him to lean on, and likewise he shall be a staff to them.

You may have stated this before, but why do you believe this? Is this something from a vision or is there another source?
While there is some foundation in scriptures and in the gospel for what I say, most of it comes from personal revelation.

The Lord hasn't seen fit to allow me to receive anything as substantial as a vision... or at least nothing that I would consider to be a vision. I have received a few Dreams, but they are usually symbolic in nature and are often hard to interpret because there are often multiple layers of meaning and application inherent in them, but that is the extent of this gift. Most of the time, I receive short and distinct impressions, which are further elaborated upon if I write them down.

The reason I believe these things is because I have received a witness of them. Physical sources can provide some form of support or foundation, but are for the largest part unreliable, unless directly quoted in scripture or from the prophets themselves. Since I am not really a scriptural scholar, and others do a good job of presenting such sources in a better manner than I would, I will not quote them here.

However, I will say this: many of the prophecies that we take to talking about Christ and/or Joseph Smith have multiple layers and meanings to them... and therefore will be fulfilled multiple times. 3rd Nephi 20 and 21 are good examples of this, and if I recall correctly, they also cross reference with parts of Isaiah and the D&C. These scriptures serve as a foundation for what the Lord has told me. There are subtle references to the Marred Servant sprinkled throughout all the gospels, either outright referenced, or hidden beneath one or more layers of scriptural understanding. I am only personally aware of a few consciously.

Another source is the Patriarchal Blessing of Hyrum Smith. I cannot quote it directly, as I listened to it on audio while I was driving, and I do not have the disc with me. But it directly states that the line of Hyrum would be hidden and preserved, and that there are special gifts and callings (unspecified in the blessing), that are to be held by his descendants.

Other sources are rumors, sayings, and folklore that I have picked up from here or there. I put some degree of salt on it, but it gives me some information to sift through, and you never know when the Spirit would testify of truthfulness, or use such bits of information to teach me. Whatever catches and holds my attention usually is something the Spirit wants me to ponder about... which leads to greater understanding on its own.

Hyrum Smith was named by Joseph to be his direct successor should he pass prematurely. In fact, Joseph urged Hyrum to not accompany him to Carthage and to continue in his younger brother's footsteps... but Hyrum made his choice and but he died alongside Joseph. So the mantle passed on to the Twelve, although that whole incident was pretty foggy. Hyrum's responsibilities pass through his lineage. At least two prophets were direct descendants of his, but note that they were called via priesthood authority. And I suspect that there will be at least one more.

The Marred Servant will come from within the Church and from without. Like Joseph F Smith, and Joseph Fielding Smith, He shall be called by prophecy, by revelation, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in Authority. That doesn't mean that the mantle shall be laid upon him at that time. He will possess the mantle before being called.