anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

looking for poll feed back

1. Book is a true account
17%
2. book is just another man's opinion
8%
3. another person looking for "prophethood"
5%
4. book is false, another "Harmston type lie"
5%
5. don't know, you tell me
6%
6. received a witness of it's truthfulness
14%
7. hohummm, who cares
5%
8. looking to find the answer tooo
7%
9. good info, helped me to try harder and prepare
34%

Total votes: 197
Fort Nine
captain of 100

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Post by Fort Nine »

Spencer on the blog said that the financial collapse had occurred before the earthquake, so the quake won't come out of the blue if you take the financial problems as a sign. Also, the military truck he describes won't be in use for quite some time. The way it purified water and ran on cooking grease tells me that the quake is ten years away at least, because it'll be a long time before that kind of rig is in production in a backwards-@ss foreign military like China's. Possibly, and perhaps more likely, the truck was somehow symbolic, or a transplanted gift from another world. The invading military comrades--whom I can't wait to send lead downrange at, by the way--seemed to be uninterested in the truck or realize its value, so who knows if the truck is real. If it's not real, then that quake is nigh on our doorstep, because a financial collapse could occur any day.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Yes I think you are right FortNine.

Don't get too hasty with those guns.
Revelations 13

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Fort Nine wrote:Spencer on the blog said that the financial collapse had occurred before the earthquake, so the quake won't come out of the blue if you take the financial problems as a sign. Also, the military truck he describes won't be in use for quite some time. The way it purified water and ran on cooking grease tells me that the quake is ten years away at least, because it'll be a long time before that kind of rig is in production in a backwards-@ss foreign military like China's. Possibly, and perhaps more likely, the truck was somehow symbolic, or a transplanted gift from another world. The invading military comrades--whom I can't wait to send lead downrange at, by the way--seemed to be uninterested in the truck or realize its value, so who knows if the truck is real. If it's not real, then that quake is nigh on our doorstep, because a financial collapse could occur any day.

Actually, I put the financial collapse as THIS year.........THEN...well, we'll see by next conference, right?

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

I'm done trying to guess when the collapse will occur--but I'll guess anyway. :) I think it is in progress now and will be complete under Obama--because he wants to kill the dollar. The nation is like a boulder on a hill, which has been pushed over the edge and can't be replaced. We just don't know exactly when the boulder will plow through our houses. The quake and tribulations from God, however, are based on how wicked the world is. The problem is, the race to progressive Marxism under this president has accelerated wickedness, and an economic collapse would accelerate it even faster. I don't believe the conference Spencer was at occurred right after the quake. It was a couple of years, it seemed.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

sbsion wrote:
Fort Nine wrote:Spencer on the blog said that the financial collapse had occurred before the earthquake, so the quake won't come out of the blue if you take the financial problems as a sign. Also, the military truck he describes won't be in use for quite some time. The way it purified water and ran on cooking grease tells me that the quake is ten years away at least, because it'll be a long time before that kind of rig is in production in a backwards-@ss foreign military like China's. Possibly, and perhaps more likely, the truck was somehow symbolic, or a transplanted gift from another world. The invading military comrades--whom I can't wait to send lead downrange at, by the way--seemed to be uninterested in the truck or realize its value, so who knows if the truck is real. If it's not real, then that quake is nigh on our doorstep, because a financial collapse could occur any day.

Actually, I put the financial collapse as THIS year.........THEN...well, we'll see by next conference, right?
That's what I said in 2008 when I began to be aware of all this. And in 2009, and in 2011. But by then I'd given up trying to guess. Now I figure it could come any day--or a few years from now. I figure the only reason it hasn't come yet is because so far the Lord is thwarting the plan of the wicked but when the time is right He'll get out of the way and it will all come tumbling down.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Speaking of economic collapse, Isaiah gives us a pretty good glimpse into the coming troubles.....

Chapter 19

8 The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.

9 Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.

10 And athey shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.

And is it not clear these verses give us clue about the current "Pharaoh of Egypt" and his princes?

11 ¶Surely the princes of Zoan (think Wash. DC here) are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?

12 Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the Lord of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.

13 The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.

14 The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

One need only read the advise of one of those "princes" from Nevada, who today urged more taxes are needed to avoid an Obamacare train wreck.

I'd say "Egypt" has been seduced.

Any guesses what Lord of Hosts has in mind for Egypt? Look at verse 22.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Fort Nine wrote:I'm done trying to guess when the collapse will occur--but I'll guess anyway. :) I think it is in progress now and will be complete under Obama--because he wants to kill the dollar. The nation is like a boulder on a hill, which has been pushed over the edge and can't be replaced. We just don't know exactly when the boulder will plow through our houses. The quake and tribulations from God, however, are based on how wicked the world is. The problem is, the race to progressive Marxism under this president has accelerated wickedness, and an economic collapse would accelerate it even faster. I don't believe the conference Spencer was at occurred right after the quake. It was a couple of years, it seemed.

the way I read it, was they announced the deaths of over a dozen general authorities, sustain new ones and including a new first presidency, all just a few weeks after the earthquake, and in the fall of the year of the collapse........hmmm how can they keep Babylon alive much longer? ;)

CptPalmer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by CptPalmer »

Called to Serve wrote:
sbsion wrote:

That's what I said in 2008 when I began to be aware of all this. And in 2009, and in 2011. But by then I'd given up trying to guess. Now I figure it could come any day--or a few years from now. I figure the only reason it hasn't come yet is because so far the Lord is thwarting the plan of the wicked but when the time is right He'll get out of the way and it will all come tumbling down.
I feel that you have gotten the sequence out of order in the book. I feel the earthquake is what brings on the total collapse of the financial system.
Pontius, John (2012-11-13). Visions of Glory: One Man's Astonishing Account of the Last Days (p. 117). Cedar Fort, Inc.. Kindle Edition. wrote:My flight across North America began in Salt Lake City. There had been a massive earthquake in that area in the fall of the year.

CptPalmer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by CptPalmer »

Fort Nine wrote:I'm done trying to guess when the collapse will occur--but I'll guess anyway. :) I think it is in progress now and will be complete under Obama--because he wants to kill the dollar. The nation is like a boulder on a hill, which has been pushed over the edge and can't be replaced. We just don't know exactly when the boulder will plow through our houses. The quake and tribulations from God, however, are based on how wicked the world is. The problem is, the race to progressive Marxism under this president has accelerated wickedness, and an economic collapse would accelerate it even faster. I don't believe the conference Spencer was at occurred right after the quake. It was a couple of years, it seemed.
If I was going to take a stab at it I would saw 10 years +/- a few years. I have formulated this opinion based on Spencer's age and the age of several others that have commented on their own age and revelation they received in their patriarchal blessings. Anyhow just something to chew on. I really do have no idea :)

BMC
captain of 100

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? UPDATE 2-07-13

Post by BMC »

serenitylala wrote:
sbsion wrote:I understand, "The Man" lives in Elk Ridge, Utah, if that is so, and he was living in SLC when the earthquake took place, it probably won't be this year?.........but, Obama looks like he might change everything? :D
Not this year... ;) maybe the angels will get around to doing it next year... ;)

The great earthquake that Spencer saw will happen when the silence in heaven ends just my thought, when the silence ends God will poor out His judgments upon the whole earth. The key to knowing approximately when this earthquake happens is to know when the silence in heaven not only began but also when it ends. I have seen some topics on the silence in heaven throughout the forum but I feel it applies here so please bare with me. I believe it is key to many things, the many changes similar to what Spencer saw hinge on the silence in heaven ending in my opinion, the great earthquake marked the silence ending, it marks the beginning of Judgements, destruction of the wicked, the final gathering of the saints in preparation for the Second Coming.

It is my belief the silence in heaven means that God is withholding his judgements from the world, withholding His destroying angels, it is a time for the saints to make final preparations both spiritually and temporarily, but also a time for the nations if they would repent to repent. A chance to remove the judgements of His wrath before He brings His final judgements upon the whole earth. Spencer saw such events, for me the earthquake marked the end of that silence, the beginning judgements of God, the final gathering of the saints.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

BMC wrote:
The great earthquake that Spencer saw will happen when the silence in heaven ends just my thought, when the silence ends God will poor out His judgments upon the whole earth. The key to knowing approximately when this earthquake happens is to know when the silence in heaven not only began but also when it ends. I have seen some topics on the silence in heaven throughout the forum but I feel it applies here so please bare with me. I believe it is key to many things, the many changes similar to what Spencer saw hinge on the silence in heaven ending in my opinion, the great earthquake marked the silence ending, it marks the beginning of Judgements, destruction of the wicked, the final gathering of the saints in preparation for the Second Coming.

It is my belief the silence in heaven means that God is withholding his judgements from the world, withholding His destroying angels, it is a time for the saints to make final preparations both spiritually and temporarily, but also a time for the nations if they would repent to repent. A chance to remove the judgements of His wrath before He brings His final judgements upon the whole earth. Spencer saw such events, for me the earthquake marked the end of that silence, the beginning judgements of God, the final gathering of the saints.
So you think the gathering will take place before the earthquake? How so? Will persecution be happening here during that silence? Will chaos be around? Or will it be "tame" enough just for others to think life will go on for awhile longer. Spencer states they didn't even recognize the earthquake as a sign of the time.

Welcome BTW. :)

EDIT: What about the mark of the beast? Will the government "buy or sell" all goods during this silence? There iwll be nothing left after the destruction. Though it depends how the destruction happens it could be a gradual process but quickly.

BMC
captain of 100

Post by BMC »

TZONE wrote:
BMC wrote:

So you think the gathering will take place before the earthquake? How so? Will persecution be happening here during that silence? Will chaos be around? Or will it be "tame" enough just for others to think life will go on for awhile longer. Spencer states they didn't even recognize the earthquake as a sign of the time.

Welcome BTW. :)

EDIT: What about the mark of the beast? Will the government "buy or sell" all goods during this silence? There iwll be nothing left after the destruction. Though it depends how the destruction happens it could be a gradual process but quickly.

As you know, the gathering of Israel has already started, that was revealed with the coming forth of the Book of Mormon found in 3 Nephi chapter 21. So its been in process for 183+/- years. What Spencer sees I believe is the remnant of the saints or those that are left, mentioned in the D&C 45:42-44 and found in other scriptures, who survived the initial destruction from the earthquakes and plague, the judgements of God beginning to be poured out. Cleansing His house first, or in other words putting it in order. Then after the earthquake the final gathering of the saints to Zion begins. My belief is the things that Spencer sees does not begin to happen until after the silence in heaven for the space of half an hour ends. Though he doesn't mention anything about the space of half an hour but for me the earthquake marked the final events and signs to proceed the second coming thus the silence ending. God is no longer silent, His judgements he held back for the space of half an hour are now beginning to be poured out.

I only mention the space of half an hour because it gives us a time table, a window to measure to know certainly without doubt these events are upon us, not 10's of years or longer but much much shorter. I believe we are in that space of silence that lasts half an hour as mentioned in the scriptures and I believe it will end very soon. The question is, when did the silence in heaven for the space of half an hour begin, if you can answer this then you can know within a small window when the silence ends and the events as seen by Spencer starting with the earthquake, destruction and plagues will approximately happen. I find it interesting that God gives us a specific time which by we may measure to know how much time we have approximately and how long this silence in heaven will last. He has given us this key to understanding time according to the reckoning of heaven in accordance with the time here on earth.

There are a lot of things I am uncertain about, such as when the persecution of the saints will begin, what I am sure of it will continue sometime after the saints are gathering to these places of refuge. Many times as Spencer mentioned they ran into these troops, where ambushed etc... and what was in the book is only 30-40% and much more of it was to graphic and to horrible to share and or sacred.

I do not know the timing of when the mark of the beast will happen or if is even as literal as many think or much more subtle but when it happens it will be revealed to us by the spirit and we will have that understanding giving to us and have a perfect knowledge of it. I do believe it will be surrounded around the events of a global financial collapse of the monetary systems, the dollar, yen, euro all markets failing if it comes forward as literal as many think it will. I believe this mark of the beast will happen during this period of silence as well as the markets crashing and the beginning of the saints being scourged.

I believe the sorrows and trials are upon us, the world is for sure in a state of growing turmoil and will only increases, and things are speeding up, but I do believe God is withholding His judgements until the silence ends. Then begins the events as Spencer saw...

And thanks for the welcome! Nice to be here.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

"........as in the days of Noah.............."? hmmm, but, NO flood coming, what RU prepared for?

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

We might be able to deduce generally the timing of the quake based on Spencer's age.

Born: 1950
He said in 1983 his health problems start, and it took 33 years to understand a few personal issues with his family. 2013 - 1983 = 63.

So, present age is likely 63, unless he changed dates intentionally. Do we have any clue how old he was when the quake happened? 70-ish? (I believe Spencer knows generally what year the quake will come but won't share--which lends credibility to his story, actually.)

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

agreed......from the contacts I have, it looks MORE than likely the earthquake is THIS fall

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

"From the contacts I have..."?

Who are you in contact with? God? Please explain how you know that the quake is this fall.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I hope you are right, sbsion.

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

sbsion wrote:I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely
It sounds like you're in a hurry. :) But I think when the time comes for the tribulation, some of us will be begging for it, for God to separate us from his enemies and ours. But we're years away. When the economy has collapsed, that's when I'll start thinking about the possibility of it occurring in an upcoming Fall. We need to see a greater rise in wickedness, a stronger international military, greater financial ruin and the collapse of the dollar, and militaries using the vehicles Spencer describes. I just don't see it happening this fall any more than the Second Coming being "five years away," as the early saints assumed.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

maybe you're right, but, I see ALL of what you say NOW................ripe for destruction

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Don't forget about the 42 months of tribulation. Does it come before or after the quake?

Revelation 13:
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Haven't we already had an economic collapse, but the gov't stepped in and rescued many companies, making it look like it isn't as bad as it is?

I suppose it could get worse, should tptb decide to stop artificially holding things up.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Fort Nine wrote:
sbsion wrote:I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely
It sounds like you're in a hurry. :) But I think when the time comes for the tribulation, some of us will be begging for it, for God to separate us from his enemies and ours. But we're years away. When the economy has collapsed, that's when I'll start thinking about the possibility of it occurring in an upcoming Fall. We need to see a greater rise in wickedness, a stronger international military, greater financial ruin and the collapse of the dollar, and militaries using the vehicles Spencer describes. I just don't see it happening this fall any more than the Second Coming being "five years away," as the early saints assumed.
If we are filled with the love of Christ, we might be begging for it because we know that the destruction will work to change many people's hearts.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

I think that's one of the messages "SPencer" is trying to get accross........we MUST go through the "mighty change", BUT, we have to pay the price, "even as Christ", when we don't repent

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

anyone read "Visons of Glory"?... Looks like Hitler did. =))

http://youtu.be/NumdgNY3Z7A