anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

looking for poll feed back

1. Book is a true account
17%
2. book is just another man's opinion
8%
3. another person looking for "prophethood"
5%
4. book is false, another "Harmston type lie"
5%
5. don't know, you tell me
6%
6. received a witness of it's truthfulness
14%
7. hohummm, who cares
5%
8. looking to find the answer tooo
7%
9. good info, helped me to try harder and prepare
34%

Total votes: 197
sbsion
captain of 1,000

anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Post by sbsion »

SUMMARY......it has been noted that "Spencer" has had a three part experience, ie, before, now and after, the after probably being like a patriarchal blessing (we all should have one so complete?). the before, explaining our pre-existance from his POV, and the NOW, perhaps, why he did this, SO WE SHOULD REPENT NOW and be ready????????.....any objections to his "philosophy"/gospel interpretation, most expecially that ALL things are already KNOWN, we are just manifesting and experiencing the agency choices of BEING?

UPDATE...........doing this here, cause I can ;)

would like opinions on it........will write more if anyone is interested. (NDE and visions of destruction of SLC, US, Adam0ondi.....etc)

UPDATE......somehow I missed the other thread on this, thanks......will try harder to be more "entuned"..hmmm
btw, anyone receive a witness either way?

UPdate, interesting how the poll goes, I have yet to meet a person who sez...........it is ABSOLUTELY true, but, then, we do have those here that have had the witness............hmmmmmmm still, really wondering, the author would have to be "more than" a GA if this book is true?
Last edited by sbsion on April 15th, 2013, 12:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

JohnShultz
captain of 10

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"?

Post by JohnShultz »

Here's one perspective on the claims made in the book:

http://mostawesomeness.blogspot.com/201 ... death.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

Good thread on it here:

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... s+of+glory

In my own case, I found it interesting. There were some aspects that do not sit well with me right now. I may reread it later and see if the same thoughts occur to me. Loved chapter 1 though.

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

I am reading it for the second time - so far I believe that he saw those things. Now what that means to me is that this was his personal information - not all literal. I was only looking for basic elements about the major events that will happen and possible when they would happen - I loved the details but they don't really means anything to me. I am looking for the economic collapse to start things and am trying to figure out if I only have a few months or a few years.

Do write more, I am interested.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

I've just finished the first two chapters and find I can only put it down because I've had to (to take care of kids, spouse, etc). There is far more to this book than the "visions of future events" aspect, interested as I am to read that...things like opposition in all things applying to understanding/knowledge, aspects of the spirit world and it's involvement here, dreams vs. visions, hearts of the children and fathers turning to each other (the work on both sides of the veil), spirits of all living things, our spiritual and physical selves, etc. In a nutshell, I've felt the spirit very strongly while reading and there are some great spiritual truths contained therein.

CB

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

I have read it. I enjoyed it for the most part. As someone else said there are certain things/aspects that I am not sure about. But as has been mentioned on another forum, in regards to not being sure of the things he saw, a lot of this is fluid. Spencer had many of these visions many years ago. His understanding of those visions might have changed over time as he grew spiritually. Also "translating" it from his mind to John P writing the book could lose a little in trying to describe the vision or feelings of them. I have no doubt he saw/experienced them and that they were very powerful. It is truly a gift to have these visions.

Rourke
captain of 10

Post by Rourke »

Just finished reading and it and has changed me...... All for the better. Whether or not all of what Spencer saw comes to pass at the moment seems irrelevant, it has brought me closer to God and I am thankful for Spencer sharing it, and for John finishing it before his passing.

DeeAlbert
Hi, I'm new.

Post by DeeAlbert »

My son brought up that when we die we go to spirit prison or paradise ... But Spencer talks about spirits surrounding humans, some being families from the past.... Can anyone maybe clarify this for me?

Etosha
captain of 100

Post by Etosha »

Thanks Rourke for saying that - will also add that for me that it has brought me closer to God and I am thankful that Spencer shared it. It was very awe inspiring and I am trying to be better prepared spiritually as well as physically for the things to come.

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

One of the best books out there.... a have to read...Faith strengtening and faith promoting ...

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

This was definitely a mark it up and read it twice book. Our family loved it.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

In this book true account of near-death experiences, learn about the miracles of the millennium, the return of the Ten Tribes, the building of the New Jerusalem and temple, and many other astonishing events long prophesied in scripture

JohnShultz
captain of 10

Post by JohnShultz »

Here's Goble's latest response to what was on the other thread about this book:

http://mostawesomeness.blogspot.com/201 ... -post.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Rourke wrote:Just finished reading and it and has changed me...... All for the better. Whether or not all of what Spencer saw comes to pass at the moment seems irrelevant, it has brought me closer to God and I am thankful for Spencer sharing it, and for John finishing it before his passing.

this is where I WAS at, but, something tells me........HURRY?

medved
captain of 50

Post by medved »

DeeAlbert wrote:My son brought up that when we die we go to spirit prison or paradise ... But Spencer talks about spirits surrounding humans, some being families from the past.... Can anyone maybe clarify this for me?
I had the same thought and been working to reconcile this experience with Alma 40:11. There is some very interesting commentary on that verse in the Journal of Discourses and other publications. The brethren (chiefly Brigham Young, Harold B. Lee, and George Q. Cannon) have offered further explanation on this verse and its meaning. They have indicated that it does not mean that the spirits of the deceased are immediately taken into the very presence of Heavenly Father. Rather, they opine that the phrase "taken home to that God who gave them life" is similar to when one arrives at an airport in the city where they live. This travel is not at "home" meaning at the very edifice wherein they dwell, but rather is "home" in the sense that they are back in the place they belong. Similarly, these brethren have opined that "taken home" means that the spirits of the deceased are returned to the spirit world from whence they came and more specifically, to the portion of the spirit world where they are comfortable dwelling. I.e., that those seeking to escape God's presence continue to do so and those seeking God's presence continue to do so.

But, on a larger note, I would echo some of thoughts already expressed about the book in general. I remain on the fence as to whether this is a record of a fever and/or health induced hallucination, or whether it is a record of the divine; whether it is a vision of literal events or a vision of symbolic nature; whether the timing is imminent or whether it is far distant. What I do know, however, is that in reading this book I was caused to revisit some of my own shortcomings and spiritual preparation for the future, and, because of that, I am thankful for this book and its authors.

Take it FWIW.

Etosha
captain of 100

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? UPDATE 1-07-13

Post by Etosha »

"this is where I WAS at, but, something tells me........HURRY?"

Please explain!

Rourke
captain of 10

Post by Rourke »

sbsion wrote:
Rourke wrote:Just finished reading and it and has changed me...... All for the better. Whether or not all of what Spencer saw comes to pass at the moment seems irrelevant, it has brought me closer to God and I am thankful for Spencer sharing it, and for John finishing it before his passing.

this is where I WAS at, but, something tells me........HURRY?
I agree, something is telling me "hurry" as well.... I just get a feeling time is nigh at hand for some of these things to come.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? UPDATE 1-07-13

Post by sbsion »

looking forward to the debt ceiling debates.......yeah

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? UPDATE 2-7-13

Post by sbsion »

still looking for a "witness" pro, or con please take the poll

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

DeeAlbert wrote:My son brought up that when we die we go to spirit prison or paradise ... But Spencer talks about spirits surrounding humans, some being families from the past.... Can anyone maybe clarify this for me?
President Young taught that the spirit world is right here on planet earth. All of the departed spirits of the dead, and the fallen spirits who were cast out, are right here.

Check out Gospel Principles Chapter 41. Read it before they remove it.

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
Read it before they remove it.
Remove it?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

JohnShultz wrote:Here's Goble's latest response to what was on the other thread about this book:

http://mostawesomeness.blogspot.com/201 ... -post.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I got "blog not found."

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

embryopocket wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:Read it before they remove it.
Remove it?
In the natural course of rewriting manuals, I suppose.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I believe that spirit prison is a state of being, not an actual place in the spirit world. From what I understand, the spirits in prison are those who cannot accept their death and are seeking to continue living their physical life. Their existence is a prison, just like it was when they were alive because they were so focused on temporal things that they became a slave to them.

As for spirits being taken home to the God who gave them life, I believe that God is Jesus, not Heavenly Father. And I believe that spirits caught in prison simply can't see Him, though they are actually brought into His presence.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? UPDATE 2-07-13

Post by Rose Garden »

Oh, yeah, and I was going to comment on how I voted. I was surprised one day to receive a confirmation that the events spoken of in the book were true and would take place, but the doctrine wasn't necessarily true. Not that the doctrine is false, but I think it's just not all 100% accurate. I was surprised because I had actually come to the opposite conclusion and was praying about that.