anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

looking for poll feed back

1. Book is a true account
17%
2. book is just another man's opinion
8%
3. another person looking for "prophethood"
5%
4. book is false, another "Harmston type lie"
5%
5. don't know, you tell me
6%
6. received a witness of it's truthfulness
14%
7. hohummm, who cares
5%
8. looking to find the answer tooo
7%
9. good info, helped me to try harder and prepare
34%

Total votes: 197
Fort Nine
captain of 100

Re: anyone read "Visons of Glory"? 4/14-13 "summary"

Post by Fort Nine »

"From the contacts I have..."?

Who are you in contact with? God? Please explain how you know that the quake is this fall.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I hope you are right, sbsion.

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

sbsion wrote:I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely
It sounds like you're in a hurry. :) But I think when the time comes for the tribulation, some of us will be begging for it, for God to separate us from his enemies and ours. But we're years away. When the economy has collapsed, that's when I'll start thinking about the possibility of it occurring in an upcoming Fall. We need to see a greater rise in wickedness, a stronger international military, greater financial ruin and the collapse of the dollar, and militaries using the vehicles Spencer describes. I just don't see it happening this fall any more than the Second Coming being "five years away," as the early saints assumed.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

maybe you're right, but, I see ALL of what you say NOW................ripe for destruction

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Don't forget about the 42 months of tribulation. Does it come before or after the quake?

Revelation 13:
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Haven't we already had an economic collapse, but the gov't stepped in and rescued many companies, making it look like it isn't as bad as it is?

I suppose it could get worse, should tptb decide to stop artificially holding things up.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Fort Nine wrote:
sbsion wrote:I wish I weren't just guessing...........and, I don't KNOW, but, by the looks of it, with Obama, Bernanke orchestrating the world finances, Israel and Syria facing off, and the phoney DJIA, etc. etc. etc......it's MORE than likely
It sounds like you're in a hurry. :) But I think when the time comes for the tribulation, some of us will be begging for it, for God to separate us from his enemies and ours. But we're years away. When the economy has collapsed, that's when I'll start thinking about the possibility of it occurring in an upcoming Fall. We need to see a greater rise in wickedness, a stronger international military, greater financial ruin and the collapse of the dollar, and militaries using the vehicles Spencer describes. I just don't see it happening this fall any more than the Second Coming being "five years away," as the early saints assumed.
If we are filled with the love of Christ, we might be begging for it because we know that the destruction will work to change many people's hearts.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

I think that's one of the messages "SPencer" is trying to get accross........we MUST go through the "mighty change", BUT, we have to pay the price, "even as Christ", when we don't repent

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

anyone read "Visons of Glory"?... Looks like Hitler did. =))

http://youtu.be/NumdgNY3Z7A

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

sixth seal wrote:anyone read "Visons of Glory"?... Looks like Hitler did. =))

I'm sure Chicagoelder does not mean to be funny, but I really enjoy his vids. They make me laugh (like coach said in another thread, I have no problem laughing at myself).

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

That was really funny! =)) =))

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

I wonder if the video creator understands how church doctrine is canonized. It is voted on by the members of the church. It is not dictated from the leadership.

CptPalmer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by CptPalmer »

Thomas wrote:Don't forget about the 42 months of tribulation. Does it come before or after the quake?

Revelation 13:

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
I think this time has to do with the two prophets in Israel fighting Gog and Magog.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

CptPalmer wrote:
Thomas wrote:Don't forget about the 42 months of tribulation. Does it come before or after the quake?

Revelation 13:

I think this time has to do with the two prophets in Israel fighting Gog and Magog.

I second that.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Looks like we found out what Mark and/or Shadow have been doing with their time... B-)

Also this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fViXgaJ3uCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Stella Solaris wrote: Also this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fViXgaJ3uCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm watching it now. At this point, Hitler is yelling that DS was arrested. (-|

So was JS jr., though for things more serious than lapsed tickets. B-)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Never trust a man named after a liberal city.
:))

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Aussie, one of the things that marks a follower of Christ is to be persecuted for His sake. Remember that if you watch the video.

Someone is acting very much like those who stoned the prophets/saints and cast them out in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon. They are fulfilling prophecy, though they know it not. We gentiles are on the way out. "Contention is not of me, saith the Lord." Those who fight, contend, condemn, and shout are not of Light, no matter how sincere they may be.

Speaking of Denver Snuffer (he is the subject of the last video linked to this thread), here is an apropos quote from him:
We must develop love for those who persecute us, or despitefully use and abuse us to reach what Christ taught. He really meant it. And He really wants us to get there. When we do, we find ourselves standing on holy ground. For that ground was sanctified by His own blood, shed in His own sacrifice, when He poured out the last full measure of devotion to His Father’s will. When you hear His words echoing in your own voice, “forgive them for they know not what they do,” then you will begin to see the Master in the mirror. His image will appear to you there first. Your countenance will look more like His: more humble, more contrite, more obedient and filled with more light than you are right now.

The Second Comforter, p. 194

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

From isaiahreport.com today:
An "Assyrian" Identity for the Ten Lost Tribes

Isaiah predicts that three branches of God's people will live into a millennial age of peace: "In that day Israel shall be the third party to Egypt and to Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth. Jehovah of Hosts will bless them, saying, 'Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance'" (Isaiah 19:24–25). Five cities-states in the land of "Egypt," moreover, will swear loyalty to God and covenant with him by sacrifice. These appear to be the sole survivors when God "smites Egypt" with a civil war and a foreign (Assyrian) invasion. God sends these covenanters a "savior" and in the end heals Egypt (Isaiah 19:2–22).

When Israel's ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom went captive into Assyria in 722 B.C. (2 Kings 15:29; 17:6), they disappeared from known historical records. The emergence of an end-time people of God called "Assyria"--which parallels the similar emergence of an end-time people of God called "Egypt"--thus implies that those of end-time Assyria who survive God's Day of Judgment consist of the descendants of those who were taken captive into ancient Assyria. While the Assyrian armies who conquer the world ultimately perish (Isaiah 10:16–18, 24–26; 14:24–27; 30:30–32; 31:8–9), some "Assyrians," whose names are recorded, survive (Isaiah 10:19).

North_Star wrote:Speaking of economic collapse, Isaiah gives us a pretty good glimpse into the coming troubles.....

Chapter 19

8 The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.

9 Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.

10 And athey shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.

And is it not clear these verses give us clue about the current "Pharaoh of Egypt" and his princes?

11 ¶Surely the princes of Zoan (think Wash. DC here) are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?

12 Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the Lord of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.

13 The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.

14 The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

One need only read the advise of one of those "princes" from Nevada, who today urged more taxes are needed to avoid an Obamacare train wreck.

I'd say "Egypt" has been seduced.

Any guesses what Lord of Hosts has in mind for Egypt? Look at verse 22.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

“forgive them for they know not what they do,” then you will begin to see the Master in the mirror. His image will appear to you there first.
What a profound statemetn, thanks ARP for quoting that. We will see him when our countenance is like him... Very interesting.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

TZONE wrote:
“forgive them for they know not what they do,” then you will begin to see the Master in the mirror. His image will appear to you there first.
What a profound statemetn, thanks ARP for quoting that. We will see him when our countenance is like him... Very interesting.
Good catch. I didn't notice that.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

My take:

1. Bible and D&C say Christ will be wearing RED when He returns in glory and not WHITE as in the book.

2. Dust in atmosphere makes climate cold not warm by reflecting light back into space.

3. Most Nukes in America will get to US by missiles by Russia and China (read Zechariah 5)

4. Clean water will be a much bigger problem than indicated in the book due to nuclear fallout.

5. LDS wouldn't hold EQ-conference in a EQ-damaged Conference Center. I just toured it with a contractor. It is way overbuilt but only meant to NOT collapse in an EQ not necessarily to be used after. After damage, its cheaper and safer to rebuild. (LDS built a twin Conference Center at BYU-Idaho) Maybe we will see a General Conference in Rexburg one day?

http://youtu.be/wd7XrRYNfW8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6. No one who had an authentic vision would publicize it in this way.

Fort Nine
captain of 100

Post by Fort Nine »

davedan, those are rather weak arguments to refute Spencer's account.
1. Christ in red - "He was clothed in spotless white with a red sash around his waist." That's Spencer's description of the actual 2nd Coming.
2. Dust - I don't think you can predict how warm the earth will be. Spencer indicates that the earth left its orbit and the climate changed. Based on the destructive power of the quakes, my bet is that the earth moved entirely, or a passing celestial body triggers these global calamities.
3. Who uses the Bible as basis for how nuclear weapons might be delivered? Look at the current social climate. Saboteurs and traitors are in control of this government.
4. Water - you're denying the power of God, and you're overstating the effects of fallout. I don't think Utah is going to be carpet-nuked, based on Spencer's account.
5. The church will be in no position to rebuild anything like the conference center after the SHTF.
6. Spencer is publicizing his vision just like Lehi published his vision--only with more anonymity, which lends credibility to himself in this era of social media. Scriptures tell us that in the last days, people will see visions.

For an example of a real LDS fraud, read Ranae Lee's account.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

Fort Nine wrote:davedan, those are rather weak arguments to refute Spencer's account.
1. Christ in red - "He was clothed in spotless white with a red sash around his waist." That's Spencer's description of the actual 2nd Coming.
2. Dust - I don't think you can predict how warm the earth will be. Spencer indicates that the earth left its orbit and the climate changed. Based on the destructive power of the quakes, my bet is that the earth moved entirely, or a passing celestial body triggers these global calamities.
3. Who uses the Bible as basis for how nuclear weapons might be delivered? Look at the current social climate. Saboteurs and traitors are in control of this government.
4. Water - you're denying the power of God, and you're overstating the effects of fallout. I don't think Utah is going to be carpet-nuked, based on Spencer's account.
5. The church will be in no position to rebuild anything like the conference center after the SHTF.
6. Spencer is publicizing his vision just like Lehi published his vision--only with more anonymity, which lends credibility to himself in this era of social media. Scriptures tell us that in the last days, people will see visions.

For an example of a real LDS fraud, read Ranae Lee's account.
Good points. I thought Spencer mentioned that water was contaminated and that foreign troops brought in water and rationed it? He said they had enough but there wasn't an over abundance? I don't see how that is unrealistic?