EARTHQUAKES!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Goonerboy
captain of 50

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Goonerboy »

Yesterday we had a 4.4 Earthquake here in Wales. The depth was only 7km down which is considered shallow. Its the first in the UK for 10 years and the Biggest in Wales for 100 years.
Earthquakes in "Divers Places" has come to little old Wales!!

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

5.7 near Ocotillo Wells, CA recently. About 70 miles East of San Diego.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Jonesy wrote: May 12th, 2018, 7:11 pm 5.7 near Ocotillo Wells, CA recently. About 70 miles East of San Diego.
Never mind. Apparently it’s been downgraded to a 3.3.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I would like for someone with more scientific training than I possess to comment on this article's basis for linking the Kilauea eruption and the 12,000 earthquakes in the past 30-days with geo-thermal fracking by the Puna Geothermal Venture Plant on the volcano itself.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/did-frack ... on/5643413

There's also an interesting link citing Harry Reid's involvement with the corporate entity, Ormat Technologies which acquired the Puna Geothermal Venture (PGV) Plant.
Who owns PGV? Ormat Technologies. Through internal merger and stock swapping, Ormat appears to be a jointly owned Israeli and US company now.

...It seems the [Harry] Reid helped the green energy company, Ormat Technologies, a firm that owns and manages geothermal plants in California and Hawaii, secure nearly $136 million in economic stimulus funding from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.”

“Two former employees are suing the firm, claiming Ormat executives defrauded the United States of more than $130 million by reporting false information about two projects to get government grants, a federal judge ruled Tuesday.”

“Reid’s ties to Ormat are deep. The company runs geothermal plants in Nevada and Reid has been a big booster of the company in D.C. As reported in the Free Beacon, ‘Reid bragged about securing Ormat a $350 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy (DOE) and took credit for expanding the Treasury program that the former employees say illicitly provided Ormat with millions more in taxpayer funds’.”

“It is also worth noting that Ormat’s DOE award came a year after investors sued the company for allegedly inflating its stock price through ‘fraudulent accounting and overstated financial results.’ Ormat settled the allegations in 2012 for $3.1 million.”

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

USGS Report

Event type: Earthquake
Region: Lombok region, Indonesia
Magnitude: 7.0
Depth: 10 km
Time near the Epicenter: 5 Aug 2018 19:46:35

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

USGS Report

Region: Fiji region
Geographic coordinates: 18.165S, 178.144W
Magnitude: 8.2
Depth: 559 km
Time near the Epicenter: 19 Aug 2018 12:19:37

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

BREAKING: Powerful magnitude 8.2 earthquakes strikes near Fiji, no tsunami threat expected

chaffin.mitchell
AccuWeather•August 18, 2018

A powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake occurred in the Pacific Ocean near the islands of Fiji and Tonga on Sunday morning local time, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).

The powerful tremor struck off Ndoi Island, Fiji. However there is no tsunami threat from the earthquake because it was too deep. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said some small, non-hazardous tsunami waves had been observed.

The earthquake struck at a depth of 559.6 km, according to the USGS. It was initially reported as a magnitude 7.9.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breaking-pow ... 08564.html

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

EmmaLee wrote: August 18th, 2018, 7:31 pm BREAKING: Powerful magnitude 8.2 earthquakes strikes near Fiji, no tsunami threat expected

chaffin.mitchell
AccuWeather•August 18, 2018

A powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake occurred in the Pacific Ocean near the islands of Fiji and Tonga on Sunday morning local time, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).

The powerful tremor struck off Ndoi Island, Fiji. However there is no tsunami threat from the earthquake because it was too deep. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said some small, non-hazardous tsunami waves had been observed.

The earthquake struck at a depth of 559.6 km, according to the USGS. It was initially reported as a magnitude 7.9.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breaking-pow ... 08564.html
Hey EmmaLee! Hope all is well old friend. :) Do you have Ben Davidson's "The Disaster Prediction App"? These are some of the alerts for today.

Earth's magnetic field has connected to IMF from the southern coronal hole. These increasingly-powerful connections (as the solar polar fields surge in power) is the cause of the earthquake alerts.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I saw the same quake = HUGE, but hopefully not destructive. Here's the cnn report:

quote: CNN)A massive 8.2 magnitude earthquake struck in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, roughly 200 miles off Fiji and almost the same distance from Tonga, according to the preliminary report from the US Geological Survey.

The earthquake struck just after midday Sunday and was almost 560 kilometers deep, the USGS said.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said based on the data available, a destructive Pacific-wide tsunami was not expected, and there was no threat to Hawaii.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I don’t know if this has been shared about suspicious observers. It’s a group of scientists who research space weather and how it effects our earth.

https://youtu.be/RLvp7zXzXno

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: August 18th, 2018, 8:48 pmHey EmmaLee! Hope all is well old friend. :) Do you have Ben Davidson's "The Disaster Prediction App"? These are some of the alerts for today.

Earth's magnetic field has connected to IMF from the southern coronal hole. These increasingly-powerful connections (as the solar polar fields surge in power) is the cause of the earthquake alerts.
Hi Semp! Great to hear from you, man! I was not aware of that app - thank you for bringing it to my attention - fascinating stuff. You know I love watching the earth and its near-environs. ;)

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

EmmaLee wrote: August 19th, 2018, 2:38 pm Hi Semp! Great to hear from you, man! I was not aware of that app - thank you for bringing it to my attention - fascinating stuff. You know I love watching the earth and its near-environs. ;)
Here you go EmmaLee. . .

https://quakewatch.net/

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21475&start=180#p805068

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

There has been a 7.3 earthquake in Venezuela. Evacuations of buildings in Caracas reported.
https://weather.com/news/news/2018-08-2 ... ke-caracas

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

And this, which was posted before the Venezuela quake:
Sixty nine major earthquakes hit the Pacific's Ring of Fire in just 48 hours

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Follow Dutchsinse on twitter...
Look for the earthquake and wildfire apps at Apple

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/67 ... smsnnews11

I only noticed this because lds.org had a story about Vanuatu and a 2015 Cyclone on the front page.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

8/22/2018 -- Large M6.2 Earthquake strikes West Coast USA / Oregon -- Seismic Unrest Spreading

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

USGS Report

Region: Peru-Brazil border region
Geographic coordinates: 11.042S, 70.817W
Magnitude: 7.1
Depth: 609 km
Universal Time (UTC): 24 Aug 2018 09:04:07

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

USGS Report

Region: southeast of the Loyalty Islands
Geographic coordinates: 22.066S, 170.050E
Magnitude: 7.1
Depth: 26 km
Universal Time (UTC): 29 Aug 2018 03:51:57
Time near the Epicenter:29 Aug 2018 14:51:57

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Japan 6.7 as well as some strong aftershocks.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... mi-warning

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:48 pm Japan 6.7 as well as some strong aftershocks.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... mi-warning
---------------------------------------

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

USGS Report

Region: Fiji
Geographic coordinates: 18.494S, 179.332E
Magnitude: 7.8
Depth: 608 km
Universal Time (UTC): 6 Sep 2018 15:49:14

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

EmmaLee wrote: September 6th, 2018, 11:06 am USGS Report

Region: Fiji
Geographic coordinates: 18.494S, 179.332E
Magnitude: 7.8
Depth: 608 km
Universal Time (UTC): 6 Sep 2018 15:49:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------

9/06/2018 -- Major Earthquake in West Pacific -- Sesimic activity dramatic increase -- BE PREPARED

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Go Utah!
A mini-quake of 3.8.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46390016/sm ... -overnight

I kinda expected something bigger, but, I am camping in a mini tent city next weekend regardless . . . with the whole ward!