EARTHQUAKES!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by A Random Phrase »

:))

jessie08
captain of 50

Post by jessie08 »

Spaced_Out wrote:California Faultlines Rupture Releasing CO, CO2 and SO2
WEST COAST WATCH: There is speculation that 'outgassing' may be occurring from the San Andreas fault up through Cascadia, CO in particular. The following video presentation was posted today from a professor at the University of Ottawa that discussed it with his class. You can find various other individuals on you tube who also are covering this.
For reference, these (unconfirmed) readings in the Nullschool Monitor were between 25 and 200 times above typical background CO levels...about 200 parts per billion and up to twelve times higher than second highest peak readings over polluted regions of China, during the same period.

Paul Beckwith couldn't even explain the CO2 emissions from a car tune up properly in the beguinning of this speach. Seasoned technicians laughed hysterically at his explanation. College dudes have nothing but theory. No actual real world experience so excuse me if I do not listen to another liberal wanna be famous no name who thinks his books and theories are reality. Men`s truth and ego causes nothing but our stupidity. Look at Obrien's little tale of...if you.read the scriptures. As if somehow he knows so much more. Millions of men and women have.read the scriptures and interpreted them every which way for thousands of years. Obrien is just another who believes he has some secret figured out and he is so superior to all the rest who do not think as he does.Emma, prayer is the only.way.you know if the church is true....the only.way. Not some yahoo on a computer and judging from the amount of time most of these.guys post here I would saythis is thier only outlet where they can putout ideas to make themselves feel important. Seen this to many times to take em seriously. You can know the church is true. It is between you and the Lord and the Holy Ghost. You sure as heck do not ask a mere mortal hidig behind a computer screen. For all you know he has never stepped foot in a church building in his life and all.we have are words on a screen. "Everything on the web is total truth" Abraham Lincoln.

jessie08
captain of 50

Post by jessie08 »

Ps...I really need to proof read before posting....stupid cell keyboard.....Please correct mistakes silently to yourself while reading

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

A Random Phrase wrote:Good grief, FFA! First sinkholes, and now cracks. It's like zits, then wrinkles on the face of the earth.
http://impossiblegeology.net/geopatholo ... dissolutio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

jessie08 wrote:Paul Beckwith couldn't even explain the CO2 emissions from a car tune up properly in the beguinning of this speach. Seasoned technicians laughed hysterically at his explanation. College dudes have nothing but theory. No actual real world experience so excuse me if I do not listen to another liberal wanna be famous no name who thinks his books and theories are reality. Men`s truth and ego causes nothing but our stupidity. Look at Obrien's little tale of...if you.read the scriptures. As if somehow he knows so much more. Millions of men and women have.read the scriptures and interpreted them every which way for thousands of years. Obrien is just another who believes he has some secret figured out and he is so superior to all the rest who do not think as he does.Emma, prayer is the only.way.you know if the church is true....the only.way. Not some yahoo on a computer and judging from the amount of time most of these.guys post here I would saythis is thier only outlet where they can putout ideas to make themselves feel important. Seen this to many times to take em seriously. You can know the church is true. It is between you and the Lord and the Holy Ghost. You sure as heck do not ask a mere mortal hidig behind a computer screen. For all you know he has never stepped foot in a church building in his life and all.we have are words on a screen. "Everything on the web is total truth" Abraham Lincoln.
Yip usually I check things prior to posting, I came across a rebuttal from USGS on the video a day or two later, saying the satellite had only just switched on and the was still being calibrated etc.. but there were still some unanswered questions.

Obrien is getting more and more radicalized over the months - agree there is only one way that is the HG, very easy to get promptings and knowledge from the HG if your desire is to do the right thing and you bring your life in harmony with the gospel requirements.
jessie08 wrote:Ps...I really need to proof read before posting....stupid cell keyboard.....Please correct mistakes silently to yourself while reading
As to editing you can edit your posts - my language skills are basically non-existent so most posts I edit like 5 times after posting and then still have numerous mistakes.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Wait. Tell me again why Obrien's religious beliefs have anything to do with an earthquake thread?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

EARTHQUAKE REPORT

Region: ALASKA PENINSULA
Magnitude: 6.2
Depth: 10 km
Universal Time (UTC): 2 Apr 2016 05:50:01

Location with respect to nearby cities:
100 km (62 mi) NNE of Chignik Lake, Alaska
654 km (405 mi) SW of Anchorage, Alaska

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

EARTHQUAKE REPORT

Region: VANUATU
Magnitude: 7.2
Depth: 35 km
Universal Time (UTC): 3 Apr 2016 08:23:54

81 km (50 mi) NNW of Port-Olry, Vanuatu
136 km (84 mi) NNW of Luganville, Vanuatu

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

EARTHQUAKE REPORT

Region: KYUSHU, JAPAN
Magnitude: 7.0
Depth: 10 km
Time near the Epicenter: 16 Apr 2016 01:25:06

1 km (0 mi) WSW of Kumamoto-shi, Japan
12 km (7 mi) NNE of Uto, Japan
13 km (8 mi) SSE of Ueki, Japan
15 km (9 mi) NNE of Matsubase, Japan
631 km (391 mi) SSE of Seoul, South Korea

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

http://www.christianpatriots.org/news/2 ... are-coming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Japan's only remaining operating nuclear power plant (of 50-something facilities) is on the island of Kyushu where these twin earthquakes in Kumamoto have occurred. It is not in danger like Fukushima, but those poor people have been through so much. I lived in Japan for 8 years. On top of their financial disaster, so many natural calamities. I don't think they'll recover before the Savior returns.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Silver wrote:I don't think they'll recover before the Savior returns.
:(

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Silver wrote:Japan's only remaining operating nuclear power plant (of 50-something facilities) is on the island of Kyushu where these twin earthquakes in Kumamoto have occurred. It is not in danger like Fukushima, but those poor people have been through so much. I lived in Japan for 8 years. On top of their financial disaster, so many natural calamities. I don't think they'll recover before the Savior returns.
Yeah they have yet to resolve the Fukushima hurdles...and its all had pretty heavy toll on their manufacturing.

Spent some time there myself in mid-late 90's...fascinating people!

I hope He's coming quickly...ready for positive change!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Jason wrote:
Silver wrote:Japan's only remaining operating nuclear power plant (of 50-something facilities) is on the island of Kyushu where these twin earthquakes in Kumamoto have occurred. It is not in danger like Fukushima, but those poor people have been through so much. I lived in Japan for 8 years. On top of their financial disaster, so many natural calamities. I don't think they'll recover before the Savior returns.
Yeah they have yet to resolve the Fukushima hurdles...and its all had pretty heavy toll on their manufacturing.

The Japanese developed a term, "bijinesu ku-ru" (business cool in the English), for dealing with reduced power supply in the summer when companies would like to run the air conditioner all the time at a low temperature. Most of Japan is hot and muggy during the summer, but without nuclear power they would suffer rolling brown-outs if they kept their normal practices. The thermostat got set higher. Sweating ensued. So instead of dressing up for a day in the office, they removed that choking, senseless, humiliating piece of colored neckware (the bane of all men) and the suit jacket from their wardrobe. In the office they now wear short-sleeved shirts or roll up their long-sleeved shirts. I'm speaking of the most formal of workplaces, where that sort of fashion would have never been allowed before the Fukushima disaster.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Silver wrote:
Jason wrote:

The Japanese developed a term, "bijinesu ku-ru" (business cool in the English), for dealing with reduced power supply in the summer when companies would like to run the air conditioner all the time at a low temperature. Most of Japan is hot and muggy during the summer, but without nuclear power they would suffer rolling brown-outs if they kept their normal practices. The thermostat got set higher. Sweating ensued. So instead of dressing up for a day in the office, they removed that choking, senseless, humiliating piece of colored neckware (the bane of all men) and the suit jacket from their wardrobe. In the office they now wear short-sleeved shirts or roll up their long-sleeved shirts. I'm speaking of the most formal of workplaces, where that sort of fashion would have never been allowed before the Fukushima disaster.
Very cool way of describing the impact!

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Really heating up:
7.8 Ecuador
Last edited by SmallFarm on April 16th, 2016, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

SmallFarm wrote:Really heating up:
7.4 Ecuador
It was a 7.8!

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Todd wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:Really heating up:
7.4 Ecuador
It was a 7.8!
Thanks. Fixed.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Sadly, deadly M>7 earthquakes hitting in last few days in both Ecuador and Japan... Seems the "ring of fire" is heating up!

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on November 13th, 2016, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Lots of earthquakes on Kyushu. (Copy and paste the entire address below into your browser.)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think of the economic impact.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... -splitting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

If the pattern continues the US West coast is going to be hit very soon by a mega quake.

During a recent interview with Bobby Powell, Berkland explained that most “megaquakes” take place either during a new moon or a full moon, and he pointed to the San Andreas Fault and the Cascadia Subduction Zone as areas that he is particularly concerned about at the moment…

Is “The Big One” imminent? Famed USGS scientist Jim Berkland, the man who predicted the Loma Prieta “World Series Earthquake,” has a terrifying warning for the West Coast of the US in the wake of massive earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that have left hundreds dead, awakened volcanoes around the Pacific Ocean’s “Ring of Fire,” and kicked off earthquake swarms in Hawaii, Arizona, and Yellowstone National Park.
“Beware the new and full moons,” Berkland says in this exclusive interview. The “maverick geologist” says that 20 of the last 25 “megaquakes” have occurred on the dates of new and full moons, the result of “equinoctal tides,” extreme gravitational forces that cause solid earth to expand and contract much as ocean tides rise and fall.
Berkland says that he is particularly worried about the San Andreas Fault in the LA Basin and the Cascadia Subduction Zone along the coast of Oregon and Washington State, where a long overdue earthquake would undoubtedly be accompanied by a massive tsunami that could kill thousands and cause billions of dollars in property damage.
Even though I recently wrote a major article about the vulnerability of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, I want to make it clear that I am not forecasting that any particular disaster will hit any particular area at any particular time.
But what we can say with certainty is that the crust of our planet is becoming increasingly unstable. Our world is being pummeled by dozens of earthquakes of magnitude 4.0 or greater, and as you read this article a total of 38 volcanoes are erupting worldwide.
And it is quite interesting to note that in 1906 there were major earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that preceded the historic San Francisco earthquake.
On January 31st, 1906 an enormous magnitude 8.8 earthquake hit Ecuador, and that was followed by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake in Japan on March 17th.
Of course most Americans know about the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that hit San Francisco on April 18th of that year, but most people don’t understand that it came in the context of these other major quakes.
Could we be witnessing a similar pattern today?

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

:| Great. I just picked up a trip that overnights in Los Angeles tomorrow and San Fransico the next night -- with the full moon. I liked the old days when you only had to worry about the crazies on a full moon. Now we gotta look out for "mega-quakes"? Thanks.
Last edited by Todd on April 20th, 2016, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlemikey
captain of 100

Post by littlemikey »

Spaced_Out wrote:If the pattern continues the US West coast is going to be hit very soon by a mega quake.
During a recent interview with Bobby Powell, Berkland explained that most “megaquakes” take place either during a new moon or a full moon, and he pointed to the San Andreas Fault and the Cascadia Subduction Zone as areas that he is particularly concerned about at the moment…

Is “The Big One” imminent? Famed USGS scientist Jim Berkland, the man who predicted the Loma Prieta “World Series Earthquake,” has a terrifying warning for the West Coast of the US in the wake of massive earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that have left hundreds dead, awakened volcanoes around the Pacific Ocean’s “Ring of Fire,” and kicked off earthquake swarms in Hawaii, Arizona, and Yellowstone National Park.
“Beware the new and full moons,” Berkland says in this exclusive interview. The “maverick geologist” says that 20 of the last 25 “megaquakes” have occurred on the dates of new and full moons, the result of “equinoctal tides,” extreme gravitational forces that cause solid earth to expand and contract much as ocean tides rise and fall.
Berkland says that he is particularly worried about the San Andreas Fault in the LA Basin and the Cascadia Subduction Zone along the coast of Oregon and Washington State, where a long overdue earthquake would undoubtedly be accompanied by a massive tsunami that could kill thousands and cause billions of dollars in property damage.
Even though I recently wrote a major article about the vulnerability of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, I want to make it clear that I am not forecasting that any particular disaster will hit any particular area at any particular time.
But what we can say with certainty is that the crust of our planet is becoming increasingly unstable. Our world is being pummeled by dozens of earthquakes of magnitude 4.0 or greater, and as you read this article a total of 38 volcanoes are erupting worldwide.
And it is quite interesting to note that in 1906 there were major earthquakes in Ecuador and Japan that preceded the historic San Francisco earthquake.
On January 31st, 1906 an enormous magnitude 8.8 earthquake hit Ecuador, and that was followed by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake in Japan on March 17th.
Of course most Americans know about the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that hit San Francisco on April 18th of that year, but most people don’t understand that it came in the context of these other major quakes.
Could we be witnessing a similar pattern today?
I went looking for info on this guy, do you have a source? I was hoping to see it on YouTube, but to no avail!

littlemikey
captain of 100

Post by littlemikey »

Boo...this is basically pieced together with interviews at least a year old...it's interesting that people put these things together to play into recent things