U.S. Government and Gun control poll

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

When do you think our guns will be confiscated by the government?

5%
33%
14%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
2020+
48%

Total votes: 21
David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: U.S. Government and Gun control poll

Post by David13 »

Silver Pie wrote: December 27th, 2017, 9:45 pm Nearly 7 years after this poll was created and we haven't had our guns confiscated yet.
You might also take a look at fps.sledge's story provided in his link.

You see, when they go little by little, one person at a time, no one person can make too much noise about it.

I think others have also mentioned the hurricane Katrina confiscations. So in reality, they have already begun.

Just because you are naive does not mean they are not out to get you.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver Pie wrote: December 27th, 2017, 9:45 pm Nearly 7 years after this poll was created and we haven't had our guns confiscated yet.
Not all of us have, not a majority of us have, but gun confiscation has happened. Now in some states you can have your guns confiscated based on nothing more than an allegation, and if it happens good luck ever getting them back. We have seen people lose their guns because of an alleged incident decades in their past. We have seen states such as New York tell gun owners to turn over their newly illegal guns, move them out of state and prove it, or risk having your entire collection confiscated.

And don't forget that for more than 23 years after Joseph Smith prophesied a civil war "that will shortly come to pass," nothing happened. Did the fact that fighting had not begun 23.25 years after his prophecy mean it wasn't going to happen, or that Smith didn't really prophesy it?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

David13 wrote: December 28th, 2017, 2:43 pm Yes, but that has a lot to do with who won the last presidential election.
Believe me, the Hella Beast had door to door confiscation on her agenda, right near the top.
You have no idea how vengeful and hateful that witch is.

And you should take a look at California. They have a very fast nefarious program going that will reduce the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the growing threat of criminals, which includes huge armies of illegals and so called "refugees".
dc
I totally did not know that second paragraph. As for the first, I don't know about door to door confiscation, but I have always been sure she was against ownership of guns.

I did vote on the poll (2020 or later), but I don't think guns will be confiscated. I think the gov't may try at some point (and probably will succeed in several cities and maybe even in some states), but I think there will be several thousands of people who will either outright refuse or pretend to do so, but will retain some of their arms.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

David13 wrote: December 28th, 2017, 2:52 pmJust because you are naive does not mean they are not out to get you.
dc
You seem hellbent on labeling me naive. I guess it makes you feel good or something?
Confused.gif
Confused.gif (1.65 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Thanks brianj. That was the kind of information I was looking for.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver Pie wrote: January 16th, 2018, 5:02 pm
David13 wrote: December 28th, 2017, 2:52 pmJust because you are naive does not mean they are not out to get you.
dc
You seem hellbent on labeling me naive. I guess it makes you feel good or something?Confused.gif

Au contrare, yellow flower.
I would most appreciate your awakening to our awful situation, and your recognition of the evils we face in this world, the evils of those great conspiracies to destroy our freedom, destroy the Constitution, and the way of life we have enjoyed.
dc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Sigh

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

They are not taking the guns. In fact, they want to make sure a lot of people have guns so a civil war can happen. Otherwise, the United States can not fall.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

harakim wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:35 pm They are not taking the guns. In fact, they want to make sure a lot of people have guns so a civil war can happen. Otherwise, the United States can not fall.
Another one who's never heard of California, huh?
Who's never heard of Gov. Christie in New Jersey. Or what's been going on in New York.
dc

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

David13 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm
harakim wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:35 pm They are not taking the guns. In fact, they want to make sure a lot of people have guns so a civil war can happen. Otherwise, the United States can not fall.
Who's never heard of Gov. Christie in New Jersey. Or what's been going on in New York.
dc
You're right. There are no guns in California.
http://ag.ca.gov/publications/org_crime2010.pdf

Also, taking the guns is logistically impossible. That is an event that would lead to civil war. Only if the military had a serious problem and then a few other countries like Russia and China came in, would it even be possible to take all the guns. And then it would take 30+ years to really get them all. It's just not feasible.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

harakim wrote: January 16th, 2018, 9:23 pm
David13 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:59 pm
dc
You're right. There are no guns in California.
http://ag.ca.gov/publications/org_crime2010.pdf

Also, taking the guns is logistically impossible. That is an event that would lead to civil war. Only if the military had a serious problem and then a few other countries like Russia and China came in, would it even be possible to take all the guns. And then it would take 30+ years to really get them all. It's just not feasible.

Oh, you misunderstand completely.

They don't intend to take any guns from criminals. Only from law abiding citizens.

Criminals don't obey laws.

You are looking at different worlds, without knowing it.
dc

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

When I say it's infeasible to take guns, I am talking about the law-abiding citizens.

And when I posted that thing about California, I was merely backing up my statement that they want guns in the hands of people across America, to enable the civil war, which you were trying to invalidate. This might be an interesting read for you: https://archive.org/details/CivilWarIIT ... sW.Chittum
It can also be found on audio book on youtube, with humorous commentary from what I have been told about it

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

harakim wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:12 pm When I say it's infeasible to take guns, I am talking about the law-abiding citizens.

And when I posted that thing about California, I was merely backing up my statement that they want guns in the hands of people across America, to enable the civil war, which you were trying to invalidate. This might be an interesting read for you: https://archive.org/details/CivilWarIIT ... sW.Chittum
It can also be found on audio book on youtube, with humorous commentary from what I have been told about it
Again I say I don't think you know the issues in California and what they are doing.

The reconquest of the southwest is nothing new. But it has nothing to do with guns or civil war. It has to do with legal and illegal immigration, primarily, mostly from Mexico.

And when they come from Mexico they do not come armed. And most of them stay unarmed. They are very dependent upon government, and in particular upon the police to protect them.

Now, of course there are gang exceptions, which are of all races and national origins.

The big issue of guns is a personal issue. Do you have the right to protect yourself, prior to the arrival of the police, with deadly force? The 2nd Amendment says yes, but the predominantly Democratic politicians say no.

You must be a victim. You must submit. The criminal has a right to commit his crime.

I lived for 44 years in Los Angeles. I understand it's becoming Mexico again. And even the immigrants both legal and illegal agreed that it will be worse that way, not better.

But no, there won't be any "civil war".
dc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I agree that there probably won't be a civil war in California if, by that, you mean war between the people and the government. At the same time, there are enough people in other states who believe in their right to bear arms that if the gov't tried to take their guns away, there would be unrest, violence, and a civil war.

But what is the definition of a civil war anyway? It isn't "civil" which is how polite people act, but is it really a war between the common people and the gov't? Or could it be war between any two groups of people who are members of the same country? If the last is so, then we've already got mini civil wars going on right now.