"call out" announcment this week end at conference!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

"call out" announcment this week end at conference!

Post by Mahonri »

For so long this is what we saw here leading up to conference.

What happened? Why don't we see that any more?

Where did you all go? Did your subscription to RKY run out?

sorry, feeling snarky.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Re: "call out" announcment this week end at conference!

Post by serenitylala »

Mahonri wrote:For so long this is what we saw here leading up to conference.

sorry, feeling snarky.

LOL. Snarky is just fine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

sorry, feeling snarky.
You weren't told???

Sorry man....wish you the best! Got lots of packing to do!

NamasteMama
captain of 100

Post by NamasteMama »

Well you know those subscription fees got to pay for the site maitnence and nothing else Shame on you for even bringing down such a righteous site! I'm finishing sewing my tent right now, i hope they will have room for me at the Girls Camp!! Do you think I could fit my piano into the semi when it comes around for my food?

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

Jason wrote:

sorry, feeling snarky.
You weren't told???

Sorry man....wish you the best! Got lots of packing to do!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another memorable moment in the Jason Fan Club Hall of Fame

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

NamasteMama wrote:Do you think I could fit my piano into the semi when it comes around for my food?
I don't know. I'm planning on stowing away my harp on it. :lol:

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

serenitylala wrote:
NamasteMama wrote:Do you think I could fit my piano into the semi when it comes around for my food?
Seriously? You're a harpist?

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

I would like to know how long someone can sustain this belief before they give it up? I know some people who strongly believe this and think that it is going to happen this year since it didn't happen last year.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

SmallFarm wrote:
serenitylala wrote:
Seriously? You're a harpist?
Seriously.

serenitylala
captain of 100

Post by serenitylala »

Nan wrote:I would like to know how long someone can sustain this belief before they give it up? I know some people who strongly believe this and think that it is going to happen this year since it didn't happen last year.
I'm just wondering if they aren't going to state it here because it gets made fun of everytime.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

As those who participate in this forum know about conspiracy theory/research, there are always those who count themselves among believers in these things, then proceed to say ridiculous things (either intentionally or because they don't know better), which only serves to discredit the larger body and drive away people who might look further into it because the whole thing becomes tainted with the 'kooky' and 'nutty' label. I don't think this is any different.

I've pointed out in various threads over time (including recently) that there will indeed be a gathering. It will start just before things go bad, and continue until just before the Second Coming. When the physical gathering will start, I don't know, but spiritually it is already well underway by at least a few who have striven to rid Babylon from their hearts and minds and do whatever they can do build the kingdom of God here on earth. I don't believe there are many now, but the tribulation will refine those who submit to refinement and they will gather as they are able. There will ultimately be many who gather to the City of Zion and add to its glory.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

BTW, happy April Fool's day. :wink:

NamasteMama
captain of 100

Post by NamasteMama »

I almost wish I could see what they are saying on their little forum. I bet they are all in a sheer panic right now! :twisted:

patriotsaint
captain of 1,000

Post by patriotsaint »

I've read some of RKY's writings and don't find them all that weird. The scriptures do seem to show a pattern of the Lord leading righteous people away from the wicked and then pouring out his judgments. That doesn't mean the saints are always spared trials, but that they are separated.

I think however, that many of his fans are exactly that.....fanatics. I have a friend that cashed out his 401k to buy supplies for a call-out and that is something I know that the prophets have specifically counseled against doing. In a lot of ways the RKY people remind me of the Zoramites and their Rameumptum. They have their exclusive group and love to talk about how they are chosen and will be saved while the rest of the earth and the church are going to be blasted by judgments.

Preparation is great, but I think some (like my friend) are looking beyond the mark. In fact, maybe I should share Elder Cook's talk with him!

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

I wish the Prophet would stop announcing these call-outs every April 1st ! :lol:

The United States is the land of inheritance for the tribe of Joseph and the location for the City of Zion. Mmmm...doesn't that mean that if you already live in America you are already in position?

I had a call-out at the very end of 1994. I lived in Germany but attended the Servicemans ward over the border in Holland. The Stake Presidency came and told us to have emergency rations, tents, sleeping bags etc. and that we were about to be told to move out. They didn't know why but it had come from Salt Lake via the Area Presidency. We were told to be specifically ready to go by January 31st, 2005.

This was it! The end was nigh! We were being gathered to Zion! Some believed it and prepared to move out. Others just shook their heads and said 'duh, not another food storage and preparedness talk?

A friend who was the Bishop of the local Monchengladbach ward in Germany had heard nothing about this. It appeared to be only for the Saints in Holland in our area of the Antwerp Stake. Maybe we were the chosen ones? Maybe we had been selected to build Zion?

January 31st came and nothing happened. Three days later Holland was totally devastated by floods and hundreds of thousands of people were evacuated. I lived on the higher ground in Germany so I wasnt affected. Thats why the German Saints hadn't been warned.

The First Presidency won't call out the Saints in Florida because Chinese troops are landing in Oregon. It will be location specific and according to need. If RKY is right and the huge girls camps are actually being prepared for the members to be gathered it will probably be exactly for that - those members who arrive in the US from other countries when the Prophet instructs them to flee from their own nations.

Maybe after the US has a financial collapse or suffers a pre-emptive nuclear strike there may be some moving of Saints for reasons of safety etc. But
I don't think that is going to happen this conference?! :roll:

NamasteMama
captain of 100

Post by NamasteMama »

I didn't find RKY's stuff to bad either, its when that new guy came in a took over, Chris the sheep dog, and kept leaving bread crumb trails to stir people in a frenzy and keep them paying .

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

The First Presidency won't call out the Saints in Florida because Chinese troops are landing in Oregon. It will be location specific and according to need. If RKY is right and the huge girls camps are actually being prepared for the members to be gathered it will probably be exactly for that - those members who arrive in the US from other countries when the Prophet instructs them to flee from their own nations.

Maybe after the US has a financial collapse or suffers a pre-emptive nuclear strike there may be some moving of Saints for reasons of safety etc. But
I don't think that is going to happen this conference?!

LukeAir, I think you called it right. I don't see tent cities in our immediate future. The fact that the Saints will be warned in specific areas before a disaster is more like the way the Lord does things.

Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Post by Mullenite »

DGMWTSHTF.jpg
DGMWTSHTF.jpg (79.07 KiB) Viewed 5021 times
What if there were only 67 days left till the callout?

Had an interesting office conversation on Friday.

Ponder over this thought.

What if there were only 112 days left till the call out came. .. ... ....?

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

Mullenite wrote:
What if there were only 67 days left till the callout?

Had an interesting office conversation on Friday.

Ponder over this thought.

What if there were only 112 days left till the call out came. .. ... ....?

:?: There is not "call out". There will be no "call out". At least from the President of the Church at General Conference. IF, and I do mean IF, there is a call out, it will be to individuals by the Spirit. The other call out was ignored by the members in general, so it has to happen through the Spirit now.

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

I do have to admit that I miss some of ShawnC's "sarcasm" related to these periodic RKY "revisits," but at the same time I still won't turn away the truck if/when it shows up.

In the meantime, life goes on . . . . . . .

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I don't know. I'm planning on stowing away my harp on it. :lol:[/quote]
Seriously? You're a harpist?[/quote]

Seriously.[/quote]
Awesome :mrgreen:

JerL
captain of 100

Post by JerL »

In a lot of ways the RKY people remind me of the Zoramites and their Rameumptum.
What a coincidence, I too am reminded of a people in the book of Mormon.

1 Nephi 2:2 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded my father in a dream, that he should take his family and depart into the wilderness.

2 Nephi 5:5 (5-10) And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me , that I, Nephi should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those that who would go with me.

Mosiah 18:34 ...therefore they took their tents and departed into the wilderness.

What a bunch of kooks! :lol: :lol:

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Roger K. Young seems to prey on Saints who are obsessed with last days’ events, a ‘call out’ and general LDS sensationalism. I actually bought and read 3 of his books many years ago (‘As a Thief in the Night’, ‘When Ye Shall See These Things’ and ‘Behold, the Fig Tree’… they were all full of speculation, scripture and interpretation, with many of the things he saw occurring well before 2005 never coming to fruition. Many of the unconfirmed dreams that former prophets have apparently had concerning the last days are included and Roger does his best to sensationalize everything.

I’ve been thinking of this whole ‘call-out’ thing for a while now and have made some conclusions… if a ‘call-out’ were imminent, why would the church have constructed a new conference center in Salt Lake City that was only going to be used temporarily? Why would the church keep instructing us to obtain 1-2 years’ worth of food storage if we were going to have to leave it all behind? Why would temples keep being built here in Utah in heavily populated areas? If there is a ‘call-out’ to places of safety in the near future, it would certainly come as a shock to many, including me. As for RKY… I would steer clear of him… he seems to thrive off gullible Saints who can’t get enough of the ‘doom and gloom’ stuff.

JerL
captain of 100

Post by JerL »

If any of us knew when things were going to take a serious turn for the worse, why would any of us continue to invest in the future?

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

JerL wrote:
In a lot of ways the RKY people remind me of the Zoramites and their Rameumptum.
What a coincidence, I too am reminded of a people in the book of Mormon.

1 Nephi 2:2 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded my father in a dream, that he should take his family and depart into the wilderness.

2 Nephi 5:5 (5-10) And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me , that I, Nephi should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those that who would go with me.

Mosiah 18:34 ...therefore they took their tents and departed into the wilderness.

What a bunch of kooks! :lol: :lol:
Those are different than RKY folks (which you seem to at least sympathize with based to those remarks).

Those were personal revelation.

RKY preys upon gullible LDS with rumors and personal dreams to get them to buy his stuff, and look to him or those he has appointed as a light for the people.

He makes a killing doing this, and neutralizes a ton of people. I know, I deal with them on a regular basis.