What is defined as conspiracy videos or fake news.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gigarath24
captain of 100

What is defined as conspiracy videos or fake news.

Post by gigarath24 »

I was reading an article today on engadget, specifically https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/03/you ... -theories/ .
While the reading is quite a bit dim and the usual crap that comes from the media these days, I did find something very interesting which was what they define as a conspiracy video:
"The researchers considered conspiracy theory videos as those which cover secret plots by those in power, ideas that are contrary to scientific consensus and views that are not backed by evidence or are unfalsifiable."
This is scary and anyone who is religious and/or holds an unpopular opinion should be horrified. So for instance making the statement that Jesus Christ is the living God to rule and reign forever and ever is in the minds of wicked men "not backed by evidence or are unfalsifiable". Or if the "consensus" of scientists happen to be that spirits do not exist?

Let me be clear, though. Youtube is a private company and can censor whomever they wish. The problem is that these same people are trying to legislate against hate speech and conspiracy theories. That is what scares me and should scare you too. Who get's to decide what is "valid" evidence? What is the point of scientific discourse if once a majority reaches consensus it is seen as fact, and so we can in no way change or progress human knowledge? Secret plots by those in power. Effective political journalism is entirely based on exposing secret plots by those in power. Are we really at a point where people will actually accept journalists will be silenced? At what point will we accept that in the forum of public discourse will we allow those with unpopular opinions to speak their mind? And while it does not bother me what someone wishes to do with private platforms, what they are legislating in the private space does bother me. You like to hide behind the constitution and say it could never happen here, but think about this. The students of law school today are the judges of the future. The students of criminal justice degrees are the cops of the future. The children of the congressmen and senators today, are more likely than someone unknown to make up the majority of lawmakers in the future. Good luck sheep.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What is defined as conspiracy videos or fake news.

Post by SPIRIT »

google and all the fake news mainstream media is just a big propaganda machine.
most youtubers I know which are mostly Christian oriented channels, have in the past been censored,
things removed, threatened, and accounts deleted, thanks to google.
Many of them have had to move to https://www.brighteon.com/

Do you have any idea of what kind of censorship we are under right now ?
Google and all media is controlling everything we see and hear.
And it's what THEY want us to see and hear.
If you think that when you type in something for google to search for,
you are getting everything, think again.
When you type in something that google doesn't want you to know,
or for you to think that it's the way you think it is,
the search results will be everything, but what you are looking for.
You could know something is true, but the search results will be
1,000 reasons why it's not.
You can not trust google.

let me show what Google does.
You know things can't be good and that we are headed for destruction
when they try to remove the word "God" from our vocabulary.

GOOGLE simple doesn't want you to believe in God.
Any references to God will be totally shadowed and hidden by them.

Youtuber- "OK Alexa, who is the Lord Jesus Christ"
Alexa- "Jesus Christ is a fictional character"

why is Google only excluding Jesus Christ

When watching the video below, click on the CC at the bottom so you can
read the words that they are saying.
Notice that Google removes completely the whole sentence
where the word "God" is mentioned.
it's at 7 min. 25 sec.

click on this link where the video is already cued up to 7 min.
https://youtu.be/vDQ3O1kGw9c?t=418

or skip up to that point on the video below (7 min. 25 sec.)

https://www.brighteon.com/
Depopulation Agenda Is Real And It's Here Now!
https://www.brighteon.com/a488e51a-e0ba ... 888dafc7f0

Bilcliffe
captain of 50

Post by Bilcliffe »

Google is a bad search engine simply because it censors information that they do not like. This means that a lot of information is inaccessible when you utilize Google. Otherwise it is just fine.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

gigarath24 wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:33 am I was reading an article today on engadget, specifically https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/03/you ... -theories/ .
While the reading is quite a bit dim and the usual crap that comes from the media these days, I did find something very interesting which was what they define as a conspiracy video:
"The researchers considered conspiracy theory videos as those which cover secret plots by those in power, ideas that are contrary to scientific consensus and views that are not backed by evidence or are unfalsifiable."
This is scary and anyone who is religious and/or holds an unpopular opinion should be horrified. So for instance making the statement that Jesus Christ is the living God to rule and reign forever and ever is in the minds of wicked men "not backed by evidence or are unfalsifiable". Or if the "consensus" of scientists happen to be that spirits do not exist?

Let me be clear, though. Youtube is a private company and can censor whomever they wish. The problem is that these same people are trying to legislate against hate speech and conspiracy theories. That is what scares me and should scare you too. Who get's to decide what is "valid" evidence? What is the point of scientific discourse if once a majority reaches consensus it is seen as fact, and so we can in no way change or progress human knowledge? Secret plots by those in power. Effective political journalism is entirely based on exposing secret plots by those in power. Are we really at a point where people will actually accept journalists will be silenced? At what point will we accept that in the forum of public discourse will we allow those with unpopular opinions to speak their mind? And while it does not bother me what someone wishes to do with private platforms, what they are legislating in the private space does bother me. You like to hide behind the constitution and say it could never happen here, but think about this. The students of law school today are the judges of the future. The students of criminal justice degrees are the cops of the future. The children of the congressmen and senators today, are more likely than someone unknown to make up the majority of lawmakers in the future. Good luck sheep.

"Not backed by evidence"...... Haha..... And I bet Dr. Judy Woods' videos would still be considered conspiracy theories... Haha

gigarath24
captain of 100

Post by gigarath24 »

cab wrote: March 4th, 2020, 6:34 pm
gigarath24 wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:33 am I was reading an article today on engadget, specifically https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/03/you ... -theories/ .

"Not backed by evidence"...... Haha..... And I bet Dr. Judy Woods' videos would still be considered conspiracy theories... Haha
It's hilarious, with the exception of how serious these communists are. The people who are always calling others out on logical fallacies think that consensus would dictate truth. Under this standard of "conspiracy theory videos", Edward Snowden's report and the pictures and evidences that led to the uncovering of the Nazi Concentration camps(both are secret plots by those in power) would be fake news, the dissertations and findings of the rivals Bechamp and Pasteur that led to a proper understanding of germ theory (contrary to scientific consensus) would be fake news. String Theory when it was developed in the 1970's which has led to quantum computers (not backed by evidence) as fake news. Every person's religious ideology and belief system (unfalsifiable). There is a problem when those who cannot think critically choose to silence by social pressure and in many instances by force those who would allow for the discourses that need to be made for the betterment of humanity.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I suspect that the videos are fake given what all three systems replied back to me when I asked the question "Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?"

Apple Siri seems to give a reasonable answer to this question, it answers back as follows:

"Jesus (c. 4 BC – c. AD 30 / 33), also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus Christ, was a first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader. He is the central figure of Christianity. Most Christians believe he is the incarnation of God the Son and the awaited Messiah (the Christ) prophesied in the Old Testament."

Siri goes on to offer this:

"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically..."

Google standard search give the same answer on both my computer as well as on my Google Home device. My Amazon Alex device also provided the same reply, which is the opening graph of the Wikipedia entry. None of the devices said that Christ was a fictional person.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

SPIRIT wrote: March 4th, 2020, 8:30 am google and all the fake news mainstream media is just a big propaganda machine.
most youtubers I know which are mostly Christian oriented channels, have in the past been censored,
things removed, threatened, and accounts deleted, thanks to google.
Many of them have had to move to https://www.brighteon.com/

Do you have any idea of what kind of censorship we are under right now ?
Google and all media is controlling everything we see and hear.
And it's what THEY want us to see and hear.
If you think that when you type in something for google to search for,
you are getting everything, think again.
When you type in something that google doesn't want you to know,
or for you to think that it's the way you think it is,
the search results will be everything, but what you are looking for.
You could know something is true, but the search results will be
1,000 reasons why it's not.
You can not trust google.

let me show what Google does.
You know things can't be good and that we are headed for destruction
when they try to remove the word "God" from our vocabulary.
Yes! Search for "vaccines are bad", for example. 10 years ago, you'd find 8/10 for what you searched; now you'll find...
try it and see!
Then try for other "conspiracy theories", see what comes up.